S&P soars to record as Russian stocks sink

obama is printing more funny money?

Sanctions against 11 Russian individuals (soon to be expanded to 23 individuals) is not enough to have an effect on the Russian financial markets.

Yep..He sure did...
RW, just what the hell did you think was going to happen?
Look, the Russian bank managers thought by dumping their US Bond holdings, converting their dollars into rubles( LOL!!! WTF is THAT..some kind of joke), they could attack the US economy. Russian holdings were a mere cat piddle. SO much so, they tried to persuade the Chinese banks to go along.
What the idiot Ruskies do not realize is if they screws with the US economy, they will screw themselves LONG before an impact is felt here.
This is not a contest between Obama and Putin. As much as I dislike his polices, Obama who may be weak on the world stage, Is still the AMERICAN president. Putin is the enemy.
As investors pull their money out of Eastern Europe, they have to put it somewhere else.
We've seen a jump in oil prices and the American as well as the Asian markets have seen a jump recently.
This is pretty simple stuff. Another thing. Had global investors seen a legitimate threat by Russia, they would have put their money into precious metals.
That is a long standing safety net for times of geopolitical uncertainty.
Once again.....Putin is the enemy.

Putin isn't an enemy. The enemy is inside the gates. We don't have Putincare destroying our health care system. We have obamacare.

Seems like in real life, there was a slip.

S&P 500 Declines After Record; Bonds Rise, Dollar Slips - Bloomberg

The S&P 500 fell 0.3 percent to 1,866.40 at 4 p.m. in New York, after reaching an all-time high of 1,883.97. The yield on 10-year Treasuries fell for the first time in three days, losing three basis points to 2.74 percent. The MSCI Emerging Markets Index gained 0.4 percent as Hong Kong’s Hang Seng China Enterprises Index (HSCEI) climbed 2.4 percent after entering a bear market yesterday. Moscow’s Micex Index lost 1 percent. The dollar lost 0.1 percent against the euro. Gold and oil advanced.

That Russian slide, turns out to be 1%.

Democrats lie, it's what they do.

Russian stocks lost 10% of their value......must be those ineffective sanctions

The biggest buyer of Stocks on Earth is the United States Government.

You think maybe Treasury dumping billions of dollars of Russian Stocks might cause their Market to take a shit?

You people aren't very bright, are you?

Nevermind, you're too stupid to answer intelligently

Sanctions don't hurt?
It depends on the type of sanction.
Because 65% of the Russian economy is tied to the oil and gas industry and because Russia is a major supplier to Europe for natural gas, the best way to get back at Russia would be for the US government to get its ass in gear, lift the limits on exports of oil and gas. Then give the Putin admin 30 days to get their asses out of Crimea. After that, the US should start selling oil and gas to every country that currently buys from Russia.
Just the availability of the products alone would cause the markets to let prices slide. Because Russian gas and oil companies are using older, less efficient technology for fossil fuel harvesting and the high cost of getting the product to market, the Russian energy co's need the world market to keep oil above $100 per barrel. If that were lowered to say $80 per barrel, the Russian economy would take a huge hit.
We could bring those fucking Cossacks to their knees without firing a shot.
Fuck 'em....

Europe will not pay transportation costs to ship energy from the US. Are you willing to pick up the shortfall with tax payer support to keep prices low?

It appears the Russian markets are already recovering, as ours did, after Yellen's interest rate increase speech!

{snip}
Foreign investors are beginning to return to the Russian stock market. In the first two weeks of March, the crisis in Ukraine crashed Russia stock indexes. But on the day following the Crimean referendum, stock indicators showed a return to growth. In two days, the Moscow stock exchange indices have recovered by a total of 6-7 percent. Experts say the situation has parallels with 2008 and predict that the positive trend will continue.
In just the last two weeks, foreign exchange funds investing in Russian equities recorded net inflows of $340 million. By comparison, from the beginning of January through March 1, funds recorded a net outflow of $425 million. This powerful reversal occurred immediately after the Federation Council authorized the president to deploy Russian armed forces in Ukraine if necessary on March 1 - on March 3, the Russian stock market fell by 11 percent.[/snip}

Bulls to return to Russian stock market, say experts | Russia Beyond The Headlines

I don't see the connection. There are millions on millions of intertwined factors that cause stocks to go up and down. How does Russian stocks falling, and the S&P climbing, mean anything other than an interesting coincidence?

Psychological financial shock. The ease with which the American president can bring down a Russian bank:

"In response to Russia’s takeover of the Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula, Obama yesterday authorized the Treasury Department to add 20 members of Putin’s inner circle, as well as Bank Rossiya, to the Office of Foreign Asset Control’s list of “specially designated nationals.”The designation makes the individuals named ineligible to do business with U.S. financial institutions, which is likely a major personal inconvenience. But for Bank Rossiya, the designation is something like the kiss of death.
See more at: How Obama Crippled a Russian Bank with a Stroke of a Pen | The Fiscal Times

Hard riding both sides of the fence isn't it?

I thought the US Treasury just dumped billions in Russian Stocks?

I bet it's even harder riding that dildo all day.

I asked you 'what sanctions'?

What sanctions are having an effect on Russia's Stock Market, Mr Buffet?

The ones that forbid 3 individual Russians from Shopping on 5th Ave with their wives?

The ones the stop 2 others from flying to Malibu?

Or the one that prevents the 4 Ukrainian officials (yes, Ukrainian) from making ATM withdrawals of more than $200 at a time?

You're just stupid. You really are. I mean animal dumb, mouth-breathing stupid.

All you did was see an article in the beyond-useless USAToday that you thought made the lying-cocksucker-in-chief look good.

There is NOTHING in that article to cite WHY the Russian Market went down.

NOTHING.

NOTHING

It might as well have said, "S&P sets record while the price of pussy in Peking goes up and the Russian stock market goes down."

You people are just stupid.

But, you're dimocraps. What else is new :dunno:

fucking morons all of you

Wait a minute pal....You just blamed the 10% drop in the Russian market on the US Treasury dumping stock

Then you say sanctions don't matter?

Which side of the fence are you on?

That's not sanctions. That's the market place looking for a better investment.
Jeez.
Putin?s Push Into Crimea Shows Cheap Can Get Cheaper in Russia - Bloomberg
Russian Stocks Plunge on Ukraine Crisis; Equity Index Sheds $58B | Fox Business
Nothing here relating to to US Govt interests
I Goggled "Largest investors in Russian stocks" and came up with these two links which were at the top....

That's it? lol

When you're dealing with a community organizer you have to build a foundation and start with the basics, Carb. :eusa_whistle:

And Obama's MAJOR foreign policy blunders are??

('major' as in comparable to Bush's Iraq blunder, or Reagan's Beirut blunder, get the picture?)

Well let's start with Obama's war in Afghanistan which he admits is a failure after his surge and more casualties then all of Bush's years.

Obama?s Afghan War Has Failed » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names

If you want to be a certified ahole and bring up Beirut then how about this one:

2011 Chinook shootdown in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Him sending SEALS into a fire fight in a Chinook is criminal.

How about this for making the world love us:

Report: U.S. drone strike may have killed up to a dozen civilians in Yemen

Oh, yeah and now the reset button being pushed by Putin. Resetting us back to the cold war. You know the one Obama said was over 30 years ago.

The American press is going to carry a lot of propaganda. Unless you have a trusted source in Crimea or in Russia, you won't get anything remotely like what's really going on.

So you're bitching about the president's policies but you don't have any better ideas?

crybaby.

You are one major dumb ass so I will type slowly so maybe this won't go over your head again the original point of this thread was because of the different reactions from the S&P and the Russian stocks Obama had achieved some kind of victory over Putin all I did was point out Putin got what he wanted he is not going to give it up and these stock reactions are not going to change that. I can't make it any more plain, clear, or simpler for you if this is still over your head seek help.

So you deny criticizing Obama over foreign policy?

Then I guess you deny ever saying this, a week or so ago:

Quote: Originally Posted by blackhawk

I love how you guys seem to feel the mistakes of Bush justify the mistakes of Obama the problem with Obama is he bases his foreign policy on how he thinks the world should be and not how it is.

I'm pointing out the facts of the situation accurately so far all you have done is accuse me of criticizing Obama's foreign policy you have not disputed anything I have said about Crimea or the Ukraine situation. If you think I'm not being truthful or accurate about this situation tells why likewise if you feel the mistakes by Bush justify mistakes by Obama and that Obama does not base his foreign policy on how he thinks the world should be not as it is explain why.If you choose to see telling the truth about something as criticizing that's on you and by the way sometimes criticism is justified even for those we support.

if putin convinced china to work with him and return the global currency to the gold standard, there is no more S&P

btw, has Russia backed down yet? I didn't think so.

My, oh, my. Another Conservative cheering for the return of the USSR. Well, Comrade, why don't you move on over there and become a subject of your buddy, Putin?

Keep in mind, it's a liberal administration who is facilitating the return of the USSR. Toss another one of your pom poms to Obama my friend.

if putin convinced china to work with him and return the global currency to the gold standard, there is no more S&P

btw, has Russia backed down yet? I didn't think so.

My, oh, my. Another Conservative cheering for the return of the USSR. Well, Comrade, why don't you move on over there and become a subject of your buddy, Putin?

Keep in mind, it's a liberal administration who is facilitating the return of the USSR. Toss another one of your pom poms to Obama my friend.
It's another neo-Liberal administration inflicting yet another round of IMF loans on Ukraine that will allow global oligarchs to profit while millions of Ukrainians watch their pensions and gas subsidies cut in half:

"The UN and the World Bank have Ukraine right next to Nigeria for the GINI coefficient of concentrated income.

"So, basically, the Europeans have told the kleptocrats, the ten or 12 billionaires that run the country, we will make you very, very rich if you join us.

"We will give you a lot of IMF money, you can transfer it into your banks and your bank accounts, you can then send it abroad to your offshore banking centers, and the Ukrainian people will own it.

"So you can do the Ukraine what the Irish government did to the Irish: you can take the public money, you can give it all to the private bankers, and then you can tax your people and make them pay."

Who In Ukraine Will Benefit From An IMF Bailout?

So you're bitching about the president's policies but you don't have any better ideas?

crybaby.

You calling someone else a crybaby?

:lmao:

sigpic34399_32.gif

Yes. Anyone who is criticizing Obama's Ukraine policy but doesn't have a single idea as to what would be a better policy is a crybaby.

That's horseshit.
Obama has done NOTHING..
I offered up a tactic which may be a solution to the Russian problem. Perhaps not THE solution..
Because 65% of the Russian economy is tied to the oil and gas industry and because Russia is a major supplier to Europe for natural gas, the best way to get back at Russia would be for the US government to get its ass in gear, lift the limits on exports of oil and gas. Then give the Putin admin 30 days to get their asses out of Crimea. After that, the US should start selling oil and gas to every country that currently buys from Russia.
Just the availability of the products alone would cause the markets to let prices slide. Because Russian gas and oil companies are using older, less efficient technology for fossil fuel harvesting and the high cost of getting the product to market, the Russian energy co's need the world market to keep oil above $100 per barrel. If that were lowered to say $80 per barrel, the Russian economy would take a huge hit.
Obama will not touch energy. Especially fossil fuels. As far as he is concerned, the enviro nazi vote is far too important.

Europe will not pay transportation costs to ship energy from the US. Are you willing to pick up the shortfall with tax payer support to keep prices low?

Yes they will. Fear of Russian Imperialism will take care of that.
Please don't give me this "there's nothing that can be done" routine.
There are always alternatives.

An artistic rendition of the US/EU Coup in Ukraine, complete with Obama and IMF/EU bankers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Russia must be punished for incorporating Crimea into the Federation. How dare Crimea vote to separate from a unelected government that overthrew an elected government. How undemocratic...

I really do not know if we should just go with the economic sanctions or go full throttle forward and bury Putin for good. We have an opportunity here to see to it that Ukraine is permitted to join NATO. We also have an opportunity to use this as reason to place military bases in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, and even possible Ukraine. All of these things could be done and there is not a thing Putin could do to stop it. Of course, he might threaten to start WWIII, but he wouldn't. The truth is that if he tried, he would probably get whacked by his own people.

Don't get ahead of yourself sparky, your puppet government with Yat the Yid doesn't even have control of Eastern Ukraine, and is facing massive defections from the Ukrainian Army in Crimea. Things are so desperate they are having to call in low IQ neo-nazi peasants to form a new "national guard" to fill the void left by defections.

There aren't going to be NATO bases in Ukraine anytime soon, the borders of Ukraine, and the legitimacy of the government in Kiev is still a question at this point.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back