S&P soars to record as Russian stocks sink

Can you imagine how knee deep in blood soaked wars the US would be now if McCain or Romney won? The whole swath of Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan would be a GOP sinkhole of American blood and treasure, while the armchair warriors , aka neoconservatives, lick their fingers clean of our boys' blood, having feasted upon their flesh.

You like the Vietnam and Korean Wars Dems started? Asshat. :(

Hmmmmmmmmm............. Let's see, who put troops in Vietnam first? President Eisenhower. Seems to me that he was a Republican President.

Korea? That was a UN operation and the North Koreans tried flat out open brute force aggression. We, and the other nations participating, rolled them back. So South Korea today is a first world nation, and North Korea doesn't reach third world status.

Can you imagine how knee deep in blood soaked wars the US would be now if McCain or Romney won? The whole swath of Syria, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan would be a GOP sinkhole of American blood and treasure, while the armchair warriors , aka neoconservatives, lick their fingers clean of our boys' blood, having feasted upon their flesh.

Hmmmmmmmmm............. Let's see, who put troops in Vietnam first? President Eisenhower. Seems to me that he was a Republican President.

Korea? That was a UN operation and the North Koreans tried flat out open brute force aggression. We, and the other nations participating, rolled them back. So South Korea today is a first world nation, and North Korea doesn't reach third world status.
Eisenhower sent advisers, Kennedy ramped up with the troops

Yah, you're right. The 140 "troops" (who were actually only advisers) that Eisenhower sent was quite an Army....

Get it together guy..

And Putin still has the Olympics to pay for.
The Russians are not the paupers they make themselves out to be. If you don't believe me, just go to the Hermitage Museum and do the Russian Orthodox Cathedral tour in St. Petersburg, where you will see the world's largest pieces of blue lapis from Afghanistan, not to mention the malachite pillars that seem to rise six stories to the top of one of the cathedrals there.

If they truly were less than a superpower, they'd have sold those pieces to an eager market of world-class billionaires on a waiting list, and there'd be no hunger in Mother Russia's domain for centuries. ;)

They own more precious and semi-precious materials than any other country on earth. They're wealthy beyond our middle-class imaginations, and anyone who think Russia fell to Third World status after the wall fell is in for a rude awakening.

Last edited:
I don't see the connection. There are millions on millions of intertwined factors that cause stocks to go up and down. How does Russian stocks falling, and the S&P climbing, mean anything other than an interesting coincidence?

Obama!

O-ba-ma!!

He's the One!

Morpheus said it!

Obama!!

He's a "two-termer :afro: my friend. You're just going to have to accept the election results. It'll be easier for you to accept in '16 when there is an even bigger shellacking

And Putin still has the Olympics to pay for.
The Russians are not the paupers they make themselves out to be. If you don't believe me, just go to the Hermitage Museum and do the Russian Orthodox Cathedral tour in St. Petersburg, where you will see the world's largest pieces of blue lapis from Afghanistan, not to mention the malachite pillars that seem to rise six stories to the top of one of the cathedrals there.

If they truly were less than a superpower, they'd have sold those pieces to an eager market of world-class billionaires on a waiting list, and there'd be no hunger in Mother Russia's domain for centuries. ;)

They own more precious and semi-precious materials than any other country on earth. They're wealthy beyond our middle-class imaginations, and anyone who think Russia fell to Third World status after the wall fell is in for a rude awakening.
There are gems, too. Those treasures assure tourists. They're not going to sell them to pay debts.

Last edited:
I don't see the connection. There are millions on millions of intertwined factors that cause stocks to go up and down. How does Russian stocks falling, and the S&P climbing, mean anything other than an interesting coincidence?

It didn't RW just likes the 1 percent.

Did I say a god dam thing about sending in troops? Let me answer for you no I did not. Now do you dispute that Putin wanted Crimea and got it? Do you dispute he's not letting go of it?

So you're bitching about the president's policies but you don't have any better ideas?

crybaby.

A really smart president would listen then speak.
Obama speaks then listens, then looks weak.
It's been a major negative of his throughout his presidency.

That's it? lol

Did I say a god dam thing about sending in troops? Let me answer for you no I did not. Now do you dispute that Putin wanted Crimea and got it? Do you dispute he's not letting go of it?

So you're bitching about the president's policies but you don't have any better ideas?

crybaby.

You are one major dumb ass so I will type slowly so maybe this won't go over your head again the original point of this thread was because of the different reactions from the S&P and the Russian stocks Obama had achieved some kind of victory over Putin all I did was point out Putin got what he wanted he is not going to give it up and these stock reactions are not going to change that. I can't make it any more plain, clear, or simpler for you if this is still over your head seek help.

So you deny criticizing Obama over foreign policy?

Then I guess you deny ever saying this, a week or so ago:

Quote: Originally Posted by blackhawk

I love how you guys seem to feel the mistakes of Bush justify the mistakes of Obama the problem with Obama is he bases his foreign policy on how he thinks the world should be and not how it is.

A really smart president would listen then speak.
Obama speaks then listens, then looks weak.
It's been a major negative of his throughout his presidency.

That's it? lol

When you're dealing with a community organizer you have to build a foundation and start with the basics, Carb. :eusa_whistle:

And Obama's MAJOR foreign policy blunders are??

('major' as in comparable to Bush's Iraq blunder, or Reagan's Beirut blunder, get the picture?)

Forum List

Back