RWers, With Your Current Sentiments About The Rush Limbaugh Slutgate Situation

YOU don't recall getting one? Interesting...why would anyone need to apologize to you? WTH are you?

That's the sentiment that the rabid RW has been known for.

Keep it up.

I don't recall ANYONE getting an apology for their ungrateful statements. Can you find me one? I've turned up nothing so far.

YOU don't recall getting one? Interesting...why would anyone need to apologize to you? WTH are you?

Keep it up.

I don't recall ANYONE getting an apology for their ungrateful statements. Can you find me one? I've turned up nothing so far.

You miss the point putz...no apology was necessary. Certainly not to you.

dixie_chicks-1392.jpg

"Obama's record? Why the fuck would we want to talk about Obama's record?"
yes let's not talk about the failed obama economy.

How do you reconcile that with how you treated the Dixie Chicks?

How many of you remember the rhetoric...from the RW...toward them during their "firestorm" during the Bush Regime?

Doesn't it seem to be the total opposite of what RWers are saying about the backlash against Rush Limbaugh right about now?

Well lets see, how did I treat the Dixie Chicks? I never listened to any of their music, before or after their little incident.

I listen to Rush every now and then, before and after his little incident.

So, what exactly is there to 'reconcile'?
Here's a nifty little trick of the rabid far FarRight. Whenever they face an argument that's so iron-clad and have their A$$e$ up against a wall they return with very personal testimonies, bringing it down to the "me" the "I" taking it away from the group. They know the group savaged the Dixie Chicks, calling them everything but children of God, boycotting them, sending them into, I believe a decade long exile for having the audacity to have a disparaging word against their Dear Leader Bush...but what they'll do is send out a single RW minion or minions who claims to not even have listened to the D.C., didn't care about the issue and therefore the entire group is or should be exonerated for the charge against them.

This tactic only works for the Kool-Aid drinkers, the ones caught up between the walls of the RW bubble where no facts can enter. However, it doesn't work for any other thinking objective individual.

It's soooo transparent.

Let's take a look at how regular people remembered the fiasco. As it seems that many RWers here seems to have lost their memory...

What happened to the Dixie Chicks.? - Yahoo! Answers

L.i.s.a. H. said:
They didn't just put down President Bush, they put down all the fans of country music:

Clearly the Dixie Chicks didn't put down all the fans of country music, but clearly that's what many of the rednecks, hicks and podunk towners who cling to their guns and religion took it as. And for that they demonized, ostracized and damn near killed their career instantly. They were the TOP of the country music game, the darlings of Country Music, one comment against Dear Leader and they were destroyed. You people really have erased the time during the Bush Regime haven't you? I mean, I remember it well, that was when I was politically awakened...a lot of freedoms were lost. People felt afraid to speak their minds.

Try again bub.

:lol:

I know very well what happened to the Dixie bimbos.
Rightys somewhat boycotted them, but not any of their sponsors that I am aware if they even had any. They just boycotted the Dixie Chicks.

Leftys dont like Rush so they are boycotting him, as if they ever even listened to him. But not only that they are going after his sponsors, which is their right.

So again, what do I have to reconcile? :cuckoo:

I would say that you RWers have a very short memory, but I know better...you just lie.

Sean Hannity Challenges Guest and Viewers To Find Evidence of Right-Wing Boycotts. I Accept. | Crooks and Liars

N.Y.Times said:
It led to a partisan firestorm, a radio boycott, death threats and, now, to an album that's anything but repentant:

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/21/arts/music/21pare.html?pagewanted=print

Media Monitors Network said:
The Dixie Chicks are the latest victims of the tiniest minds in our society. The inventors of Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast have a new bludgeon, the boycott, to use against their most feared and despised enemies: Those who would actually exercise their Constitutional Right to freedom of speech.

Source: Dixie Chicks Learn The Art Of Right Wing P.C. (by Paul Revere) - Media Monitors Network

Amazon Review said:
In spite of the Dixie Chicks success, right wing sycophantic Bush supporters still trot out their lying propaganda to try and smear this female band which somehow still threatens their warped ideas of patriotism...While they have recieved much less radio airplay thanks to right wing corporations like Clear Channel and the myopic country music stations, they continue to be money making machines and are popular draws as reflected in their concert earnings and album sales.

Source: Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Some Dixie Chicks Facts for the Right Wing Haters

Account, after account, after account shows how the rabid RW maligned, attacked, disparaged and boycotted the Dixie Chicks for expressing their first Amendment. And even today you have some Circus Barkers demanding apologies to them PERSONALLY for the statements that the Dixie Chicks made about George Bush, Jr. The Bush Regime really showed how petty, powerless and insignificant they were by attacking a mere entertainment band...the definition of punching down.

THE BLACKLISTED JOURNALIST,LETTER FROM NASHVILLE: THE DIXIE CHICKENS,DIXIE CHICKS,apology to President Bush,Internet,Natalie Maines

*SMH* :(

Last edited:
Rightys somewhat boycotted them, but not any of their sponsors that I am aware if they even had any. They just boycotted the Dixie Chicks.

Leftys dont like Rush so they are boycotting him, as if they ever even listened to him. But not only that they are going after his sponsors, which is their right.

No, the righties didn't "somewhat boycotted them," they outright boycotted them...with a vengeance. Stop pussyfooting.

No, the righties didn't "somewhat boycotted them," they outright boycotted them...with a vengeance. Stop pussyfooting.

ewe sound so butt hurtt.. need some salve?

I still don't understand the point.

Libs boycott Rush and his advertisers, and conservatives boycotted Dixie Chicks.

What is there to reconcile?

That's what I thought...you RWers sure showed them a lesson...didn't you? Fixed them real good, you did.
Are you saying that if one bought one Chicks album, they were obligated to buy them in perpetuity?

That's stupid.

Or you could just admit you never liked the Chicks before they criticized Bush, then they were your BFFs.

Keep it up.

They could have apologized to the fans they offended. Maybe then they'd still have a career.

I would say that you RWers have a very short memory, but I know better...you just lie.

Sean Hannity Challenges Guest and Viewers To Find Evidence of Right-Wing Boycotts. I Accept. | Crooks and Liars

N.Y.Times said:
It led to a partisan firestorm, a radio boycott, death threats and, now, to an album that's anything but repentant:

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/21/arts/music/21pare.html?pagewanted=print

The Dixie Chicks are the latest victims of the tiniest minds in our society. The inventors of Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast have a new bludgeon, the boycott, to use against their most feared and despised enemies: Those who would actually exercise their Constitutional Right to freedom of speech.

Source: Dixie Chicks Learn The Art Of Right Wing P.C. (by Paul Revere) - Media Monitors Network

Amazon Review said:
In spite of the Dixie Chicks success, right wing sycophantic Bush supporters still trot out their lying propaganda to try and smear this female band which somehow still threatens their warped ideas of patriotism...While they have recieved much less radio airplay thanks to right wing corporations like Clear Channel and the myopic country music stations, they continue to be money making machines and are popular draws as reflected in their concert earnings and album sales.

Source: Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Some Dixie Chicks Facts for the Right Wing Haters

Account, after account, after account shows how the rabid RW maligned, attacked, disparaged and boycotted the Dixie Chicks for expressing their first Amendment. And even today you have some Circus Barkers demanding apologies to them PERSONALLY for the statements that the Dixie Chicks made about George Bush, Jr. The Bush Regime really showed how petty, powerless and insignificant they were by attacking a mere entertainment band...the definition of punching down.

THE BLACKLISTED JOURNALIST,LETTER FROM NASHVILLE: THE DIXIE CHICKENS,DIXIE CHICKS,apology to President Bush,Internet,Natalie Maines

So, you support the Chicks' First Amendment rights...but not the FA rights of those who disagree with them.

Typical. "Free speech for me, but not for thee."

Keep it up.

So no apology from Rush was necessary and this is nothing short of fascist persecution of a person for an unshared opinion because you're such a thin skinned little wuss who happens to get your jollies lying about the factual basis of the situation.

Seig fucking heil, Sparky.

Oh and if you try the Godwin defense, I promise to laugh at you.

N.Y.Times said:

Amazon Review said:

Okay, I made a mistake. An apology was made by the Natalie Maines, if Wikipedia is to be believed, which I have no reason to doubt.

The comment by Maines angered many country music fans and was financially damaging. Following the uproar and the start of a boycott of Dixie Chicks' music, which, in turn, caused the Chicks' cover of the Stevie Nicks song "Landslide" to fall sharply from No. 10 down to 43 on the Billboard Hot 100 in a single week. It dropped out of the entire chart the following week. Maines attempted to clarify matters on March 12 by saying, "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world."[44]
The statement failed to appease her critics, and Maines issued an apology on March 14: "As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect. We are currently in Europe and witnessing a huge anti-American sentiment as a result of the perceived rush to war. While war may remain a viable option, as a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a proud American."[45][46]

What was the result of the apology?

While some people were disappointed that Maines apologized at all, others still dropped their support of Dixie Chicks (including their sponsor Lipton). In one famous anti-Dixie Chicks display, former fans were encouraged to bring their CDs to a demonstration at which they would be crushed by a bulldozer. In one poll by an Atlanta radio station, 76 percent of listeners who participated responded "if I could, I'd take my CDs back".[47] Bruce Springsteen and Madonna both felt compelled to come out in support of the right of the band to express their opinions freely; however, Madonna herself postponed and then altered the April 1 release of her "American Life" video in which she threw a hand grenade toward a Bush look-alike, after witnessing the backlash against the Chicks.[48][49]

I'm big enough to admit I was wrong about that.

I will say this though, After this was over, nobody was trying to imprison the Dipsy Shits. As for death threats, Rush gets em on a regular basis. That's why he hired 'Stalin' his head of security, and Beck needs em too. The left is notorious for crazy 'lone gunmen'.

N.Y.Times said:

Okay, I made a mistake. An apology was made by the Natalie Maines, if Wikipedia is to be believed, which I have no reason to doubt.

The comment by Maines angered many country music fans and was financially damaging. Following the uproar and the start of a boycott of Dixie Chicks' music, which, in turn, caused the Chicks' cover of the Stevie Nicks song "Landslide" to fall sharply from No. 10 down to 43 on the Billboard Hot 100 in a single week. It dropped out of the entire chart the following week. Maines attempted to clarify matters on March 12 by saying, "I feel the President is ignoring the opinions of many in the U.S. and alienating the rest of the world."[44]
The statement failed to appease her critics, and Maines issued an apology on March 14: "As a concerned American citizen, I apologize to President Bush because my remark was disrespectful. I feel that whoever holds that office should be treated with the utmost respect. We are currently in Europe and witnessing a huge anti-American sentiment as a result of the perceived rush to war. While war may remain a viable option, as a mother, I just want to see every possible alternative exhausted before children and American soldiers' lives are lost. I love my country. I am a proud American."[45][46]

What was the result of the apology?

While some people were disappointed that Maines apologized at all, others still dropped their support of Dixie Chicks (including their sponsor Lipton). In one famous anti-Dixie Chicks display, former fans were encouraged to bring their CDs to a demonstration at which they would be crushed by a bulldozer. In one poll by an Atlanta radio station, 76 percent of listeners who participated responded "if I could, I'd take my CDs back".[47] Bruce Springsteen and Madonna both felt compelled to come out in support of the right of the band to express their opinions freely; however, Madonna herself postponed and then altered the April 1 release of her "American Life" video in which she threw a hand grenade toward a Bush look-alike, after witnessing the backlash against the Chicks.[48][49]

I'm big enough to admit I was wrong about that.

I will say this though, After this was over, nobody was trying to imprison the Dipsy Shits. As for death threats, Rush gets em on a regular basis. That's why he hired 'Stalin' his head of security, and Beck needs em too. The left is notorious for crazy 'lone gunmen'.
The apology was a fake Fitz.

And I apologize to you for calling you a putz...that was uncalled for.

I gave you rep for your sincerity.

:cool:

Who really counts for Ol' Limp;

Rush Limbaugh and the Live Volcano | East Texas Review

It’s not about sponsors. Even if I’m glad that JC Penney, Netflix, Allstate Insurance, and at least 50 more advertisers have dropped Limbaugh’s show. And that nearly 100 big corporate sponsors have declared that they no longer want their ads to run when he or others “deemed to be offensive or controversial” are on the air.

So far, the big corporate sponsors who dropped the show are being replaced by other big corporate sponsors.

If these big corporate sponsors want to give up a major share of advertising audience, they are the only ones who will be hurt. These corporate sponsors should be encouraged to stop advertising on ALL shows liberals find offensive. They can advertise on Air America if it still exists.

Thanks to democrats pounding Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher is now the de facto head of the DNC. I hope they like it.

Who really counts for Ol' Limp;

Rush Limbaugh and the Live Volcano*|*East Texas Review

It’s not about sponsors. Even if I’m glad that JC Penney, Netflix, Allstate Insurance, and at least 50 more advertisers have dropped Limbaugh’s show. And that nearly 100 big corporate sponsors have declared that they no longer want their ads to run when he or others “deemed to be offensive or controversial” are on the air.

And it doesn't get more RW than the State of Texx-A$$

The message is clear...the American people have had about ENOUGH with Rush Limbarg's bigotry.

I couldn't be happier.:clap2:

Thanks to democrats pounding Rush Limbaugh, Bill Maher is now the de facto head of the DNC. I hope they like it.

No he's not. Perhaps only in your radical RW brain.

That's a lie.

Forum List

Back