RWers, With Your Current Sentiments About The Rush Limbaugh Slutgate Situation

How anyone could put Jillian in that group is beyond me.
Haven't read any of her posts from the last year, have you?

She's turned into the lefty version of DiveCon.
Actually, I have.

And, Divecon also had a grip.

ZOMG!!! :eek:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
49izadw.gif

CLASSIC!!! :lol:

How do you reconcile that with how you treated the Dixie Chicks?

How many of you remember the rhetoric...from the RW...toward them during their "firestorm" during the Bush Regime?

Doesn't it seem to be the total opposite of what RWers are saying about the backlash against Rush Limbaugh right about now?

Ok, marc, since you didn't address my questio earlier i shal;l repeat. Tell me what the right said about the Dixie Chicks? I mean beside that they are un-american. As far as I can tell, how is "un-american" mysogenistic, or vulgar in any way?

Nothing but diversion tactics in here. no one is addressing the OP's point.
I'll give it a shot: No reconciliation needed as it is consistent. The Dixie Chicks were boycotted for their rhetoric and so is Rush.

Free speech is a great thing. The left didn't like the boycott of the Dixie Chicks and said so and some on the right don't like the boycott of Rush and say so.

Totally consistent practice of free speech.

So, is there another whine that concerns you or the OP?

Si Modo had an excellent point, here. I'd like to see this one addressed by the OP if at all possible, as it mirrors my thought to some degree.

The issue here isn't that right wingers only back up their own. The issue is that people on the right and the left are offended by that political banter that offends them, but tend to give concessions to those they agree with when it comes to the trash talk.

How does the right display this any more than the left?

How many of you remember the rhetoric...from the RW...toward them during their "firestorm" during the Bush Regime?

Doesn't it seem to be the total opposite of what RWers are saying about the backlash against Rush Limbaugh right about now?

I think the flap about the Dixie Chicks was that they ridiculed the president during a show or an interview wasn't it? Another example of entertainers just not being able to stick to the job. I don't really care what any of them say. They are allowed to have opinions just like the rest of us.

The platform that they are afforded has nothing to do with their expertise on the topic. It's just that they have a microphone and don't seem to understand why.

The issue here is why the government is exerting control over the rights of the Catholic Church in violation of the First Amendment.

Why this lady was even speaking is beyond me.

What do you see as parallels in this and the flap over the Dixie Chicks?

They still hate gays.

They still hate blacks.

They still hate Hispanics.

They still want to make "magical creation" equal to "science".

Nothing seems to have changed.

In your little world, nothing ever has and nothing ever will.

While the left is trying to get around the 1st Amendment and silence the opposition it seems they think we have to "reconcile with the Dixie Chicks". This argument is getting weirder and weirder but it's funny.

Ok, marc, since you didn't address my questio earlier i shal;l repeat. Tell me what the right said about the Dixie Chicks? I mean beside that they are un-american. As far as I can tell, how is "un-american" mysogenistic, or vulgar in any way?
I thought I answered this already...they totally demonized them, ostracized them and damn near totaled their entire career....instantly on the spot. What more do you want...quotes...YouTube?

They still hate gays.

They still hate blacks.

They still hate Hispanics.

They still want to make "magical creation" equal to "science".

Nothing seems to have changed.

You know what I "hate", Deanie? Idiots like you that make sweeping generalizations about people they don't know. I have zero problem with same sex marriage. I don't hate blacks. I don't hate Hispanics. I'm an agnostic. Could you possibly BE any more wrong? So why don't you peddle your silly shit somewhere else! What hasn't changed is your spamming this board with ignorant statements.

I thought I answered this already...they totally demonized them, ostracized them and damn near totaled their entire career....instantly on the spot. What more do you want...quotes...YouTube?

My Mother taught me that when I was in a foreign country I need to always be on my best behavior for I am a representative of my country.

Why are you not holding them accountable for what they said?

Who's they?? if their career's went down the tubes its because they pissed off many more people then on the right only,man you people are so freaking childish.

No one demanded that the Dixie Chicks be prevented from making any records. No one demanded their arrest. Individuals said they would no longer give them money to hear them sing. Which is way different than what liberals are trying to do to Rush.

No one demanded that the Dixie Chicks be prevented from making any records. No one demanded their arrest. Individuals said they would no longer give them money to hear them sing. Which is way different than what liberals are trying to do to Rush.
Which falls right in line with the dozen or so advertisers who ended their relationship with Rush. Stupid, but okay. Your choice. Note this is precisely the same tone the left took about the Dipsy Shits.

Oh... Did the Dipsy Shits apologies for their statements? I don't recall getting one.

The big difference between the Dixie Chicks and Rush is that the citizen boycott of the Chicks music worked. They lost their audience. Rush isn't losing his audience. In fact, he might have picked up a few market share points.

This is the difference between liberals and conservatives. Size of audience and just how powerful that audience can be.

My Mother taught me that when I was in a foreign country I need to always be on my best behavior for I am a representative of my country.

Why are you not holding them accountable for what they said?
That's what I thought...you RWers sure showed them a lesson...didn't you? Fixed them real good, you did.

Who's they?? if their career's went down the tubes its because they pissed off many more people then on the right only,man you people are so freaking childish.
Who do you think "they" is? Fans of that genre tend to be of the countrified/bumpkin sect, you know, Red Staters...aka RWers.

Like I said...they totally demonized them, ostracized them and damn near totaled their entire career....instantly on the spot.

Which falls right in line with the dozen or so advertisers who ended their relationship with Rush. Stupid, but okay. Your choice. Note this is precisely the same tone the left took about the Dipsy Shits.

Oh... Did the Dipsy Shits apologies for their statements? I don't recall getting one.
YOU don't recall getting one? Interesting...why would anyone need to apologize to you? WTH are you?

That's the sentiment that the rabid RW has been known for.

Keep it up.

Last edited:

Oddball beat me to the knockout punch. :clap2:

Forum List

Back