RWers, With Your Current Sentiments About The Rush Limbaugh Slutgate Situation

Nothing but diversion tactics in here. no one is addressing the OP's point.
I'll give it a shot: No reconciliation needed as it is consistent. The Dixie Chicks were boycotted for their rhetoric and so is Rush.

Free speech is a great thing. The left didn't like the boycott of the Dixie Chicks and said so and some on the right don't like the boycott of Rush and say so.

Totally consistent practice of free speech.

So, is there another whine that concerns you or the OP?

How do you reconcile that with how you treated the Dixie Chicks?

How many of you remember the rhetoric...from the RW...toward them during their "firestorm" during the Bush Regime?

Doesn't it seem to be the total opposite of what RWers are saying about the backlash against Rush Limbaugh right about now?

You'll need more that just that strawman. As far as I know, they only called them anti-american. As far as I can tell, that isn't sexist or mysogenistic in any real way.

I love that Deany posts here because he completely destroys the notion that there ever really was such a thing as the "Liberal Intellectual Elite"

Deany

TM

Cammmmmmpbellll

Mr Charmin

Jillian

I welcome their every post

How many of you remember the rhetoric...from the RW...toward them during their "firestorm" during the Bush Regime?

Doesn't it seem to be the total opposite of what RWers are saying about the backlash against Rush Limbaugh right about now?

Not in their minds. They defend someone as odious as Andrew Breitbart who died with a legacy of edited video, lies, and lawsuits for slander. But insist that jokes about Obama's deceased mother, who wasn't even a public figure having had sex with a dog, was merely "humor" proves it.

Not in their minds. They defend someone as odious as Andrew Breitbart who died with a legacy of edited video, lies, and lawsuits for slander. But insist that jokes about Obama's deceased mother, who wasn't even a public figure having had sex with a dog, was merely "humor" proves it.

omg, edited videos?
how funny when videos are about a Democrat they HAVE BEEN ALL EDITED...but let them be about the Tea Party..
man you people are a JOKE

Well lets see, how did I treat the Dixie Chicks? I never listened to any of their music, before or after their little incident.

I listen to Rush every now and then, before and after his little incident.

So, what exactly is there to 'reconcile'?

Well lets see, how did I treat the Dixie Chicks? I never listened to any of their music, before or after their little incident.

Not much of anything. There is no difference.

Free speech is great.

Here's a nifty little trick of the rabid far FarRight. Whenever they face an argument that's so iron-clad and have their A$$e$ up against a wall they return with very personal testimonies, bringing it down to the "me" the "I" taking it away from the group. They know the group savaged the Dixie Chicks, calling them everything but children of God, boycotting them, sending them into, I believe a decade long exile for having the audacity to have a disparaging word against their Dear Leader Bush...but what they'll do is send out a single RW minion or minions who claims to not even have listened to the D.C., didn't care about the issue and therefore the entire group is or should be exonerated for the charge against them.

This tactic only works for the Kool-Aid drinkers, the ones caught up between the walls of the RW bubble where no facts can enter. However, it doesn't work for any other thinking objective individual.

It's soooo transparent.

Let's take a look at how regular people remembered the fiasco. As it seems that many RWers here seems to have lost their memory...

What happened to the Dixie Chicks.? - Yahoo! Answers

L.i.s.a. H. said:
They didn't just put down President Bush, they put down all the fans of country music:

Clearly the Dixie Chicks didn't put down all the fans of country music, but clearly that's what many of the rednecks, hicks and podunk towners who cling to their guns and religion took it as. And for that they demonized, ostracized and damn near killed their career instantly. They were the TOP of the country music game, the darlings of Country Music, one comment against Dear Leader and they were destroyed. You people really have erased the time during the Bush Regime haven't you? I mean, I remember it well, that was when I was politically awakened...a lot of freedoms were lost. People felt afraid to speak their minds.

Try again bub.

:lol:

Here's a nifty little trick of the rabid far FarRight. Whenever they face an argument that's so iron-clad and have their A$$e$ up against a wall...

But you don't have one of those.

Here's a nifty little trick of the rabid far FarRight. Whenever they face an argument that's so iron-clad and have their A$$e$ up against a wall they return with very personal testimonies...
The next time you come up with an iron-clad argument will be your first, Marcia.

I love that Deany posts here because he completely destroys the notion that there ever really was such a thing as the "Liberal Intellectual Elite"

Deany

TM

Cammmmmmpbellll

Mr Charmin

Jillian

How anyone could put Jillian in that group is beyond me.
Haven't read any of her posts from the last year, have you?

She's turned into the lefty version of DiveCon.

Deany

TM

Cammmmmmpbellll

Mr Charmin

Jillian

How anyone could put Jillian in that group is beyond me.
Haven't read any of her posts from the last year, have you?

She's turned into the lefty version of DiveCon.
Actually, I have.

And, Divecon also had a grip.

Forum List

Back