Russia poses 'existential' threat to US

Russia is no threat to the US. It is a threat to it's nearby neighbors.

If the Europeans feel threatened they should spend more than 1% of their gnp on their military.

NATO expansion was a mistake.

We should pull out of NATO.

NATO isn't about protecting Georgia!
The US put the corrupt and authoritarian Yeltsin in power, so naturally it didn't like it when Putin created independent foreign policy and began to rebuild Russia.

Russia is not a threat to its neighbors any more than it was during the Russian Empire. There is a lot of rhetoric, and some in Russia would like the reclaim the glory days of the Russian Empire, but no more than in the US - where people dream of annexing Canada aka war of 1812.

There is a way out, as France and Great Britain found before WW1, which is supporting Russia, rather than threatening it. But disbanding NATO, forming a military relationship with Russia and trading arms, weapons and knowledge is heresy according to the neo cons, who believe the US needs to 'fight Russia' to maintain peace.

We did not put Yeltsin in power. THat is crazy talk.

Russia is totally a threat to it's neighbors. They have many conflicting interests and populations that do NOT follow national borders.

No one in the US is dreaming of annexing Canada.

THe neo cons are not the only ones who are stuck in Cold War thinking.
No it isn't, then I don't expect you are the type to read anything by Naomi Klein (or anyone really that isn't in the pocket of 'free market' propagandists): Why the West loved Yeltsin and hates Putin - OPINION - The Hindu
One reason why Yeltsin was the West’s darling — while Mr. Putin is the target of virulent attacks — was that his policies perfectly suited the Western agenda for Russia, a superpower-turned economic and military weakling, a subservient client state and a source of cheap energy and minerals. By contrast, Russia’s resurgence under Mr. Putin is seen as upsetting the global balance of power and threatening the U.S. unipolar model.

We tried a puppet regime that would do the IMFs/World Bank's/Western Governments bidding, encouraging Yeltsin to privatize everything and screw over his people, which he joyfully did, till Putin came to power and Russia's government stopped playing the game by western rules.

You kind of moved the bar there, from "putting him in power" to just liking him.

Did you realize that your previous statement was ridiculous?

Sure, the West loved a leader that helped destroy the Soviet Union.

I can't speak for all Western Leaders. Russia was never going to be a client state. It is to large for that.

I personally wished and still do wish Russia well.

They do not have the power, or the attractive ideology to be a threat to US. So, whatever.

Russia is not the threat to the US dominance. INternal forces and China are.
No I didn't, Yeltsin is part of a long list of leaders that the US helped to put in power, and propped up with loans if they play ball.

Is Russia the new Boogeyman? How many we up to now? Oh well, gotta keep the Sheeple supporting Permanent War. Another day, another manufactured Boogeyman. When will the poor Sheeple wake up?
Russia is the same boogeyman it was in the USSR days, when they believed that Stalin wanted more than he gained at Yalta; besides Berlin perhaps - but the west sought to take all of North Korea (rather than just defend the South), which was a much larger infraction. Throughout the cold war Russia wanted peace in Europe, and the Warsaw Pact was formed only in response to NATO.

Good points. Russia is no threat to the U.S. But if this is another Cold War, it's fair to say the West started this one. They've forced Russia into it.
The west has a lot of dirty laundry. Now we are defacto supporting Edrogan's plan to wipe out the Kurds in Syria and Iraq, and create a new Sunni state run by ISIS (as Turkey fires on both the PKK and non-PKK). It is 1995 all over again, but this time Turkey can use ISIS to ethnic cleanse and genocide without getting its hands dirty. Welcome to the 21st century. ;)

Russia is no threat to the US. It is a threat to it's nearby neighbors.

If the Europeans feel threatened they should spend more than 1% of their gnp on their military.

NATO expansion was a mistake.

We should pull out of NATO.

NATO isn't about protecting Georgia!
The US put the corrupt and authoritarian Yeltsin in power, so naturally it didn't like it when Putin created independent foreign policy and began to rebuild Russia.

Russia is not a threat to its neighbors any more than it was during the Russian Empire. There is a lot of rhetoric, and some in Russia would like the reclaim the glory days of the Russian Empire, but no more than in the US - where people dream of annexing Canada aka war of 1812.

There is a way out, as France and Great Britain found before WW1, which is supporting Russia, rather than threatening it. But disbanding NATO, forming a military relationship with Russia and trading arms, weapons and knowledge is heresy according to the neo cons, who believe the US needs to 'fight Russia' to maintain peace.

We did not put Yeltsin in power. THat is crazy talk.

Russia is totally a threat to it's neighbors. They have many conflicting interests and populations that do NOT follow national borders.

No one in the US is dreaming of annexing Canada.

THe neo cons are not the only ones who are stuck in Cold War thinking.
No it isn't, then I don't expect you are the type to read anything by Naomi Klein (or anyone really that isn't in the pocket of 'free market' propagandists): Why the West loved Yeltsin and hates Putin - OPINION - The Hindu
One reason why Yeltsin was the West’s darling — while Mr. Putin is the target of virulent attacks — was that his policies perfectly suited the Western agenda for Russia, a superpower-turned economic and military weakling, a subservient client state and a source of cheap energy and minerals. By contrast, Russia’s resurgence under Mr. Putin is seen as upsetting the global balance of power and threatening the U.S. unipolar model.

We tried a puppet regime that would do the IMFs/World Bank's/Western Governments bidding, encouraging Yeltsin to privatize everything and screw over his people, which he joyfully did, till Putin came to power and Russia's government stopped playing the game by western rules.

You kind of moved the bar there, from "putting him in power" to just liking him.

Did you realize that your previous statement was ridiculous?

Sure, the West loved a leader that helped destroy the Soviet Union.

I can't speak for all Western Leaders. Russia was never going to be a client state. It is to large for that.

I personally wished and still do wish Russia well.

They do not have the power, or the attractive ideology to be a threat to US. , whatever.

Russia is not the threat to the US dominance. INternal forces and China are.
No I didn't, Yeltsin is part of a long list of leaders that the US helped to put in power, and propped up with loans if they play ball.

So, now splitting the difference? "Helped put into power"?

Back to crazy talk.

So, we help leaders that "play ball" with US?

Wow. What bad people we are.

Wonder if Stalin minded that when we were shipping over weapons by the ship load while the Nazis were sitting on the better half of his country?

Is Russia the new Boogeyman? How many we up to now? Oh well, gotta keep the Sheeple supporting Permanent War. Another day, another manufactured Boogeyman. When will the poor Sheeple wake up?
Russia is the same boogeyman it was in the USSR days, when they believed that Stalin wanted more than he gained at Yalta; besides Berlin perhaps - but the west sought to take all of North Korea (rather than just defend the South), which was a much larger infraction. Throughout the cold war Russia wanted peace in Europe, and the Warsaw Pact was formed only in response to NATO.

Good points. Russia is no threat to the U.S. But if this is another Cold War, it's fair to say the West started this one. They've forced Russia into it.
The west has a lot of dirty laundry. Now we are defacto supporting Edrogan's plan to wipe out the Kurds in Syria and Iraq, and create a new Sunni state run by ISIS (as Turkey fires on both the PKK and non-PKK). It is 1995 all over again, but this time Turkey can use ISIS to ethnic cleanse and genocide without getting its hands dirty. Welcome to the 21st century. ;)

Yeah, it's all NWO Globalist Elite organized chaos. One day we love the Kurds and are helping them defeat ISIS, then the next day we're supporting Turkey bombing and slaughtering the Kurds. It's a real mess.

And the problems with Russia started with the U.S. and West forcing missiles in its backyard. Then the West funded & armed the illegal coup in Kiev. The U.S. and West have repeatedly kicked Russia when it was down. But now Putin's got Russia on the rise again. He's done taking shit. I can't blame him.

Special Ops Chief Russia aims to divide NATO poses existential threat to US Fox News
Is Russia really that dangerous? It seems to me it doesn't succeed in dividing NATO and making its members to leave the alliance. I don't think Russia has any power to do that; it probably just wants to restore its influence on all former parts of USSR. Why can't we allow Russia to regain its regional power? It's not like we are losing anything. The more we put pressure on Russia the more aggressive it becomes. I don't want to die in a nuclear war because of some irrelevant eastern European state.
I'd be more worried about Obama than Russia.

Me too ;)
upload_2015-7-27_18-22-59.png

It's the other way around. The U.S. poses a much bigger threat to Russia. The U.S. and West have started another Cold War.

It's the other way around. The U.S. poses a much bigger threat to Russia. The U.S. and West have started another Cold War.
Well, maybe it's partly true. Anyway I think that it has to be ended as soon as possible. I don't want to see an another Cold war and I don't want to see a nuclear winter on my lifetime...

Yeah, it's all NWO Globalist Elite organized chaos. One day we love the Kurds and are helping them defeat ISIS, then the next day we're supporting Turkey bombing and slaughtering the Kurds. It's a real mess.

And the problems with Russia started with the U.S. and West forcing missiles in its backyard. Then the West funded & armed the illegal coup in Kiev. The U.S. and West have repeatedly kicked Russia when it was down. But now Putin's got Russia on the rise again. He's done taking shit. I can't blame him.
Putin is a weak despot in a country that can't beat Ukrainian forces, just like when they invaded Finland...he knows a war with the US would be a catastrophe...The ruble can't produce as much war material as the dollar.....So he sets and pouts.....Illegal coup, about time the Ruskies got a dose of his own medicine.....

Well, maybe it's partly true. Anyway I think that it has to be ended as soon as possible. I don't want to see an another Cold war and I don't want to see a nuclear winter on my lifetime...
Being weak on the Ruskies will only lead them to invade the nations they lost after the fall of communism...We are doing what is correct to keep them at bay and out of nations that do not want the Ruskies...

Special Ops Chief Russia aims to divide NATO poses existential threat to US Fox News
Is Russia really that dangerous? It seems to me it doesn't succeed in dividing NATO and making its members to leave the alliance. I don't think Russia has any power to do that; it probably just wants to restore its influence on all former parts of USSR. Why can't we allow Russia to regain its regional power? It's not like we are losing anything. The more we put pressure on Russia the more aggressive it becomes. I don't want to die in a nuclear war because of some irrelevant eastern European state.
I'd be more worried about Obama than Russia.

Me too ;)
View attachment 45810
Yet the POTUS has put a boot in the ass of Putin, weakened his economy and stopped the Soviet styled forced occupation of sovereign nations....

Putin is a weak despot in a country that can't beat Ukrainian forces
and stopped the Soviet styled forced occupation of sovereign nations....

He's a 'weak despot with weak army' by mondays, wednesdays, fridays and sundays, and 'forced Soviet-style occupant' at another days, yeah?

Vladimir Putin in interview to Swiss media (July 25 in St Petersburg) said :” we have a great deal of respect and love for the United States, and especially for the American people. I feel that these are simply unilateral actions and the expansion of jurisdiction by one nation beyond the territory of its borders, to the rest of the world, is unacceptable and destructive for international relations. “

Question: When you once again spoke of your nuclear arsenal, many began to talk about the threat from your side.

Vladimir Putin:This is done by dishonest and inattentive people. The process of starting a new arms race began from the moment of the United States’ unilateral withdrawal from the ballistic missile defense treaty. Because this agreement was a cornerstone for the entire international security system. And when the United States withdrew from it and began to create a missile defense system as part of its global strategic weapons system, we immediately said: we will be obligated to take reciprocal steps to maintain a strategic balance of power.

I want to say something very important: we are doing this for ourselves, to ensure the security of the Russian Federation, but we are also doing it for the rest of the world, because this strategic stability ensures the balance of power.

Question: Mr. President, right now, we are observing a rather ironic turn in history. Currently, we are seeing you garner more support among right-wing and even extreme right parties in European nations than left-wing parties; for example, Marine Le Pen in France and the UDC in Switzerland. What do you think about this?

Vladimir Putin:I think that this is not so much support for me as the realization of national interests as the political parties see them.

There are certain tectonic changes underway throughout the world and in Europe within the public consciousness, which are aimed at defending national interests. You must understand that right now, Europe is facing a specific problem, an influx of immigrants. And did Europe make the decision that ultimately led to this situation? We need to be sincere and honest: these decisions were made across the ocean, but Europe must deal with the problem.

Question: You mean the United States.

Vladimir Putin:Of course. This is just one example, but there are many. But this does not mean – and I already said this – that we should somehow demonize US policy; that is not my goal. They are conducting their policy as they see necessary in their interests.

We must strive to find a balance of interests; we need to invigorate our work, give new momentum to the work by the UN Security Council. The US is certainly a great power and the American people created this nation over several centuries, it is simply an amazing result. But that does not mean that today’s US authorities have the right to travel throughout the world and grab anyone to drag back to their prison or act from a position of “anyone who is not with us is against us.”

We need to be patient and work with our American colleagues to find solutions, the way we have in some areas of our cooperation, such as with the Iranian nuclear issue.

Question: What do you think of the people who are combating Islamism. Do you think Europeans are on your side on this issue?

Vladimir Putin: You know, when we were only beginning this struggle and came across problems in the Caucasus, I was amazed to see that even though we had proof that we were dealing with a terrorist threat, that we were fighting Al Qaeda representatives, we had no support. When I asked my colleagues, including those in Europe “Don’t you see what is going on?” they said they did see, but could not support us ‘due to certain circumstances, including internal policy and international ones’. Then, I would say “Fine, if you cannot support us – don’t, but at least do not stand in our way.”

Now I see that the situation has changed. Europe and the United States have come to see the real danger of the extreme manifestations of radicalism and have joined this struggle. We here say ‘better late than never’. However, we have strong hope that not only in this direction, but also on other matters – on regulating the situation in Ukraine and on economic matters – we will maintain a dialogue and achieve mutually acceptable solutions.

Interview with Swiss media President of Russia

ANY ENTITY IS A POTENTIAL ENEMY OF THE WARFARE STATE.

THEY NEED BOGEYMEN TO KEEP THE NARCOTIZED POPULACE IN ITS PLACE.

ANY ENTITY IS A POTENTIAL ENEMY OF THE WARFARE STATE.

THEY NEED BOGEYMEN TO KEEP THE NARCOTIZED POPULACE IN ITS PLACE.

Just like the GOP needs illegal immigrants, abortion, 'aggression' from country x, Islamic terrorism, fear of communism, and hatred of Obama, to continue existing as a political party.

Putin is a weak despot in a country that can't beat Ukrainian forces
and stopped the Soviet styled forced occupation of sovereign nations....

He's a 'weak despot with weak army' by mondays, wednesdays, fridays and sundays, and 'forced Soviet-style occupant' at another days, yeah?
He rides bears and horses without his shirt, if we believe the images. Then scares the Baltics whenever he gets bored.

Forum List

Back