Russia poses 'existential' threat to US

I don't mind.

Under Dictator Hussein Obama..

Russia has my blessings to threaten Hussein and his gang...eliminate them

In fact....anybody...person or Nation who will bring that traitor down has my total blessings

But what if Russia don't want to interfere to any deals inside USA? :)

I have a friend who was career military and a historian. I asked him why Japan attacked in WWII, and he told me that the US wanted the Japanese to attack. Some sort of economic battle while we were playing isolationist. I have heard others on here say the same. I asked this same guy about Putin. He said Putin is pretty much your typical thug, but the tough part is he gave me some background on Russia's aggression in the Ukrain. I guess the US blatently screwed the Soviets after the Cold War by recruiting Eastern European nations into Nato. We had specific treaties saying we wouldn't do that. I love America. I love our freedom, but man, our leaders are the dirtiest slimiest scum on earth. Why would you ever make a deal with America? We ignore any promises we make. This isn't Republican or Democrat. This is both sides, and it is just rotten. Americans are at an all time low on their opinion of public officials. How does this get better? How can Americans get worthy people to lead America. I hate to bring up South Park, but their voting episode was priceless. The choice really is between a giant dousche and a turd sandwich.
Russia was devious in their agreements with the US also.....

But didn't violate them permanently, step by step...

Special Ops Chief Russia aims to divide NATO poses existential threat to US Fox News
Is Russia really that dangerous? It seems to me it doesn't succeed in dividing NATO and making its members to leave the alliance. I don't think Russia has any power to do that; it probably just wants to restore its influence on all former parts of USSR. Why can't we allow Russia to regain its regional power? It's not like we are losing anything. The more we put pressure on Russia the more aggressive it becomes. I don't want to die in a nuclear war because of some irrelevant eastern European state.
I'd be more worried about Obama than Russia.

hipeter, it's another "song" about annexation. Just compare your map with map of Russian Empire in 1913. All the Poland and Finland was a parts of Russian Empire, we're always retake ours! Or you're afraid of Alaska and Fort Ross? :)

90631-prirodovedenie-5-klass-pakulova-rabochaya-tetrad-2013.jpg

hipeter924, You do realize that we are in the year 2015 and that the Soviet Union was dissolved 24 years ago, right. But this is boring, I am interested in your signature. Do you understand how a tyranny of plutocracy would manifest itself on the world stage?........Zombie.
How so? Russia invaded Finland and will never give the territory back, and likewise it invaded Japan and seized the Kuril Islands that it also refuses to give back, and it took territory from Poland and Germany. This is all in today.

You rage about the evils of 'American imperialism' yet ignore the imperialism of the nation-state you are defending. Russia is by no means an innocent bystander, whether you are talking about the Russian Empire of Catherine the Great, Soviet Russia, or Russia today.

Likewise Russia would like nothing more than to create distrust and civil disturbances in the Baltic's, Poland, and so on: Vladimir Putin wants to regain Finland for Russia adviser says - Europe - World - The Independent
After annexing Crimea and with troops massed on the border of Ukraine, Vladimir Putin will not stop trying to expand Russia until he has “conquered” Belarus, the Baltic states and Finland, one of his closest former advisers has said.

According to Andrej Illarionov, the President’s chief economic adviser from 2000 to 2005, Mr Putin seeks to create “historical justice” with a return to the days of the last Tsar, Nicholas II, and the Soviet Union under Stalin.

Speaking to the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet, Mr Illarionov warned that Russia will argue that the granting of independence to Finland in 1917 was an act of “treason against national interests”.

“Putin’s view is that he protects what belongs to him and his predecessors,” Mr Illarionov said.

You are a useful idiot for Russia, if you believe that there is such a thing as a 'moral high ground' and that only Russia is on it. I pointed out how naive it is to claim that only America has engaged in imperialism in modern or earlier times, but obviously you have been too sucked in by the propaganda of one side to see that.

A delegation of French lawmakers has just visited Crimea – the first such visit since the region’s accession to the Russian Federation in March 2014. They confirmed: there was no annexation and Western Media reports about Crimea is all lies.

There are no grounds to keep Russia sanctions in place, said member of the French National Assembly Thierry Mariani, who heads the parliamentary delegation currently on a two-day visit to Crimea.

The Crimean status referendum held on March 16, 2014 made it possible for the Crimean peninsula to avoid the scenario unfolding in eastern Ukraine, he said.

Mariani noted that he “observed the devastation and the people’s suffering with horror”while he was visiting war-torn Donbass two months ago.

“We congratulate you that you managed to avoid that,”he said at a meeting with Crimea’s Parliament speaker Vladimir Konstantinov. “We welcome the courage of the Crimean Parliament because it was able to make this decision despite the difficult situation and a great risk of escalation [of tensions],”he added.

He reiterated that the visit of the French delegation aims to understand the situation in Crimea. He added that his first impression was great weather and no military personnel on the streets.

"The outcome of the referendum was a reaction of the whole Crimean community to the events in Ukraine," he said.

"Ukraine was like a boiling pot and the people were frightened of the situation in Kiev. After the funerals of people killed in Kiev, a wave of spontaneous protests swept through Crimea…The task set before the parliament was not to let the protests grow into unconstrained actions. A civil war seemed to be the main threat those days."

No grounds to keep Russia sanctions in place French MPs visiting Crimea RT News

No Occupation French Lawmakers Confirm Crimean Residents Live in Peace Sputnik International

French Lawmakers Surprised by Happy Citizens in Crimea s Yalta Sputnik International

“What we want to say is that the majority of people we have met, various contacts, seemed happy to be back in Russia,”he said at the press conference organized by TASS.

“Crimea is an absolutely peaceful region,”said French MP Claude Goasguen. The people in Crimea cannot be criticized for the fact that the referendum brought peace to them, he added.

One of the French parliamentarians visiting Crimea has spoken his mind through fashion. Senator Yves Pozzo di Borgo from the center-right UDI party has acquired a T-shirt with Putin and Obama portraits, the caption saying: “Obama, you're a schmuck.”

Anti-Obama Shirts And Scenic Snapshots French Lawmakers Spark Uproar With Crimea Visit

CKoC2reUcAEMlSX.jpg

I suppose that if we asked the people who live by Russia they would have a different take on it. The left bitches that our foreign policy is us just for creating a supposed empire and there is definitely evidence to suggest that but the minute Russia wants to do the same then it is ok. Just where the hell does the lefts loyalties lye?

"Beware of the false prophets" - as Jesus said - "you will know them by their fruits" :) Words are just words. US war budget, 10x of Russian - is one of fruit. US bases at borders of exUSSR - another fruits. Does Russia have any bases in Mexica, Canada, or, at least, in Cuba? So, think about it :)

Russia is no threat to the US. It is a threat to it's nearby neighbors.

If the Europeans feel threatened they should spend more than 1% of their gnp on their military.

NATO expansion was a mistake.

We should pull out of NATO.

NATO isn't about protecting Georgia!

I have a friend who was career military and a historian. I asked him why Japan attacked in WWII, and he told me that the US wanted the Japanese to attack. Some sort of economic battle while we were playing isolationist. I have heard others on here say the same. I asked this same guy about Putin. He said Putin is pretty much your typical thug, but the tough part is he gave me some background on Russia's aggression in the Ukrain. I guess the US blatently screwed the Soviets after the Cold War by recruiting Eastern European nations into Nato. We had specific treaties saying we wouldn't do that. I love America. I love our freedom, but man, our leaders are the dirtiest slimiest scum on earth. Why would you ever make a deal with America? We ignore any promises we make. This isn't Republican or Democrat. This is both sides, and it is just rotten. Americans are at an all time low on their opinion of public officials. How does this get better? How can Americans get worthy people to lead America. I hate to bring up South Park, but their voting episode was priceless. The choice really is between a giant dousche and a turd sandwich.

Oh yes they did, even from the git-go with Stalin..

I suppose that if we asked the people who live by Russia they would have a different take on it. The left bitches that our foreign policy is us just for creating a supposed empire and there is definitely evidence to suggest that but the minute Russia wants to do the same then it is ok. Just where the hell does the lefts loyalties lye?

"Beware of the false prophets" - as Jesus said - "you will know them by their fruits" :) Words are just words. US war budget, 10x of Russian - is one of fruit. US bases at borders of exUSSR - another fruits. Does Russia have any bases in Mexica, Canada, or, at least, in Cuba? So, think about it :)
They should have cultivated better...

Oh yes they did, even from the git-go with Stalin..

Stalin always kept his words in agreements. Do you mean, US politics worse, than 'bloody tyran'? :)

They should have cultivated better...

Bible says nothing about it. And you also have no to say :)

hipeter924, You do realize that we are in the year 2015 and that the Soviet Union was dissolved 24 years ago, right. But this is boring, I am interested in your signature. Do you understand how a tyranny of plutocracy would manifest itself on the world stage?........Zombie.
How so? Russia invaded Finland and will never give the territory back, and likewise it invaded Japan and seized the Kuril Islands that it also refuses to give back, and it took territory from Poland and Germany. This is all in today.

You rage about the evils of 'American imperialism' yet ignore the imperialism of the nation-state you are defending. Russia is by no means an innocent bystander, whether you are talking about the Russian Empire of Catherine the Great, Soviet Russia, or Russia today.

Likewise Russia would like nothing more than to create distrust and civil disturbances in the Baltic's, Poland, and so on: Vladimir Putin wants to regain Finland for Russia adviser says - Europe - World - The Independent
After annexing Crimea and with troops massed on the border of Ukraine, Vladimir Putin will not stop trying to expand Russia until he has “conquered” Belarus, the Baltic states and Finland, one of his closest former advisers has said.

According to Andrej Illarionov, the President’s chief economic adviser from 2000 to 2005, Mr Putin seeks to create “historical justice” with a return to the days of the last Tsar, Nicholas II, and the Soviet Union under Stalin.

Speaking to the Swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet, Mr Illarionov warned that Russia will argue that the granting of independence to Finland in 1917 was an act of “treason against national interests”.

“Putin’s view is that he protects what belongs to him and his predecessors,” Mr Illarionov said.

You are a useful idiot for Russia, if you believe that there is such a thing as a 'moral high ground' and that only Russia is on it. I pointed out how naive it is to claim that only America has engaged in imperialism in modern or earlier times, but obviously you have been too sucked in by the propaganda of one side to see that.
This is all nonsense. You are still citing WWII and Russian-American agents to build a non existent case against Putin with propaganda that is more than a year old and has never come to fruition. The propaganda that you present is the same as the propaganda that the OP presented. It is unsubstantiated allegations that crumble under the weight of truth and time. The intent of the propaganda is to instill in the minds of the uncritical Western reader a fear of Putin's Russia so the powers that be can continue their war unmolested by public opinion. It is you who lacks the integrity to question what your leaders are doing that represents the useful idiot.
It isn't propaganda, but what actually happened. Next are you going to claim that ww2 never happened, Hitler was just having a vacation; and to jump ahead that the US was in Vietnam to explore Vietnamese jungles and not support a dictatorship.

You think I 'hate Putin' and fear Russia, but you are wrong there. Russia is different in their economic, political, and social views.

I don't 'hate Putin' or 'fear Russia', as that would require me to believe in 'moral high ground' and that the US or Russia is in one.

Ultimately this thread is really about Ukraine, and US foreign policy in the middle east. Ukraine is a proxy war, so if you think the American government supports one side for 'moral reasons', think again, this is a classic cold war style proxy war where only the factions are different.

The Middle East, with or without the US would be a mess, as Sunnis and Shiites have been in a state of undeclared and declared holy war for long while now. We would be better off if we left them to knock each other off, and stopped deposing Assads and Ghadaffi's, when Tunisia is the only country in the Arab Spring able to support democracy.

I haven't found a single war or proxy war I haven't disagreed with or been opposed to the conduct of. So I don't create a fictional bubble of moral superiority.

Russia and the US have done evil things in past and present, and have supported not so great regimes. That's the way I view it, as just another period of history where great powers play a game with people's lives.

I saw in that little image with the grim reaper, 'Serbia', which makes it historical revisionist propaganda. In the Yugoslavia war, Serbia ethnic cleansed and mass murdered, as did some states on the 'western side', but this was after Europe messed up Serbia, not America.

Is it America's fault for Europeans letting Yugoslavia come to blows. America bombed and ended the war, if it hadn't the sides would have continued killing each other. Guess you wanted Serbia nationalists to have 'greater Serbia' on lots more dead bodies to show for it.

Keep up the propaganda, and maybe Russia Today, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, Fox, CNN, MSNBC, BBC, or the US govt funded media stations will give you a desk job.

Silly that you actually believe that just because it is the '21st century' that any nation becomes more noble or moral, even though geopolitics is little different than in Catherine the Great's time.

My God, some Americans really think that one can stop the war in a country by bombing its civilians. Ask Serbians how they liked it. Ask Japanese who survived 2 American nuclear bombs... I wonder, how would Americans like somebody dropping some bombs on themselves??? I guess they never even care about other countries, those numerous countries, where official Washington has been having its bloodthirsty geopolitical interests.

And don't blame only Europe for Serbia (usually it's a dog wagging the tail, not the tail wagging the dog), it has been Clinton's decision to bomb Serbia and US was (and is) responsible for that.

Last edited:

hipeter, it's another "song" about annexation. Just compare your map with map of Russian Empire in 1913. All the Poland and Finland was a parts of Russian Empire, we're always retake ours! Or you're afraid of Alaska and Fort Ross? :)

That would require me to fear Russian invasion (even though there has only ever been proxy wars), and on a not so serious note if Alaska joins Russia can you take Palin with you. ;)

My point is that does it really matter what governments claim on who has the 'moral high ground'.

Are are Albanians angry because the US bombed the Chinese embassy? Are Serbians jumping with joy to join the European Union? Are Syrian's weeping with joy because the west are fighting Assad? Do most Ukrainians wake up believing in Maidan or in jobs and meals? Do South Koreans really want no trade and travel with North Korea? In every war there are winners and losers, and in some cases everyone loses.

If I was to follow my selfish reasons, then I would prefer that Russia 'wins' and the rebels take the East of Ukraine; It would be ironic that a big bad wolf (that supported Azerbaijan against Armenia) meets its match in a Russian bear.

Is Russia the new Boogeyman? How many we up to now? Oh well, gotta keep the Sheeple supporting Permanent War. Another day, another manufactured Boogeyman. When will the poor Sheeple wake up?

Russia is no threat to the US. It is a threat to it's nearby neighbors.

If the Europeans feel threatened they should spend more than 1% of their gnp on their military.

NATO expansion was a mistake.

We should pull out of NATO.

NATO isn't about protecting Georgia!
The US put the corrupt and authoritarian Yeltsin in power, so naturally it didn't like it when Putin created independent foreign policy and began to rebuild Russia.

Russia is not a threat to its neighbors any more than it was during the Russian Empire. There is a lot of rhetoric, and some in Russia would like the reclaim the glory days of the Russian Empire, but no more than in the US - where people dream of annexing Canada aka war of 1812.

There is a way out, as France and Great Britain found before WW1, which is supporting Russia, rather than threatening it. But disbanding NATO, forming a military relationship with Russia and trading arms, weapons and knowledge is heresy according to the neo cons, who believe the US needs to 'fight Russia' to maintain peace.

Is Russia the new Boogeyman? How many we up to now? Oh well, gotta keep the Sheeple supporting Permanent War. Another day, another manufactured Boogeyman. When will the poor Sheeple wake up?
Russia is the same boogeyman it was in the USSR days, when they believed that Stalin wanted more than he gained at Yalta; besides Berlin perhaps - but the west sought to take all of North Korea (rather than just defend the South), which was a much larger infraction. Throughout the cold war Russia wanted peace in Europe, and the Warsaw Pact was formed only in response to NATO.

That would require me to fear Russian invasion (even though there has only ever been proxy wars), and on a not so serious note if Alaska joins Russia can you take Palin with you. ;)

My point is that does it really matter what governments claim on who has the 'moral high ground'.

Are are Albanians angry because the US bombed the Chinese embassy? Are Serbians jumping with joy to join the European Union? Are Syrian's weeping with joy because the west are fighting Assad? Do most Ukrainians wake up believing in Maidan or in jobs and meals? Do South Koreans really want no trade and travel with North Korea? In every war there are winners and losers, and in some cases everyone loses.

If I was to follow my selfish reasons, then I would prefer that Russia 'wins' and the rebels take the East of Ukraine; It would be ironic that a big bad wolf (that supported Azerbaijan against Armenia) meets its match in a Russian bear.

It's just a ritual - each side claims of the 'moral high ground' - but you don't believe in it, because it done by all sides. Unresponsed claimings i nour world are tend to become 'truth' :)

Serbia is a good example of propaganda result. Do you know, that 'Kosovo' is historically named 'Kosovo Pole', it was a heart of serbian nation and self-identication. Imagine, Boston would be filled by Chechen gangs, which would build control on the mafia in all US and start ethnic cleanings (as in Grozny), and when the Americans strike back - all world claims you as "terrorist" and "ethnic cleaners", your territory would bombed by China as "humanitarian action" and Boston would separate from US (with permanent control of US mafia), and your president will be murdered in prison before judgement, because no one of judges wants to hear his opinion... But "Serbian are real and main terrorists in EU"...

It's not a main problem - to play in "proxy wars". The problem - which figures are used for this game. US used international muslim terrorism as instrument - now we have ISIS (Isis is Egypt ancient goddess of punishment). Leave ISIS uncleaned, US started reborn of Nazism for local game needs - do you believe it would be local and will not reach US with multicultural and multi-racial people? And after it you surprised by incidents like Fergusson?

Forum List

Back