Russia Mania Is the Birtherism of the Left

Russia Mania Is the Birtherism of the Left | RealClearPolitics

Oh how the world turns.

The birther movement that assailed President Obama represents one of the most unsavory themes of American politics over the last decade. The slurs emanated first from the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2008, which smeared then-Sen. Obama as “fundamentally not American.” To his discredit, Donald Trump also took up the cause. Thankfully, he did not mention this issue as a presidential candidate in 2016 until he unequivocally, and properly, put it to rest, fully acknowledging President Obama’s birth citizenship. As a campaign surrogate, I regularly denounced the whole birther theme, both in print and on television.

Now, I forcefully denounce a new birtherism, this time from the left via an entrenched and hysterical fixation on Russia and President Trump. Like the Obama birtherism, there are enough fuzzy facts for totally biased people to convince themselves there is some merit to the fanciful concoction. After all, Trump seems unwilling to vigorously condemn Putin’s misdeeds. Trump also was hesitant to enact harsh sanctions against Russia. Perhaps most importantly, he seemed unduly deferential to Putin in the Helsinki press conference, a criticism I myself levied.

It's so fun to see the hypocrites on the left suck on their loss.

Well lets see- the author the article you cited- lied several times.

The 'slurs' of Birtherism didn't start with the Clinton campaign- no matter how much Don the Con has tried to blame Clinton for his Birther idiocy.

Donald Trump went full Birther from 2011 to 2016- 5 years- yet the OP excuses Don the Con as not mentioning this as a Presidential candidate.....really?

It wasn't until Don the Con got the Republican nomination that he then - barely- stopped his Birther idiocy.

And of course blamed others for it.

The hypocrisy of starting a thread about Birtherism- and absolving Don the Con is pretty hilarious.

What is hilarious is your baboon like reaction.

First, I think the author states that birtherism was stupid. From the start. Donald Trumps campaign on the matter can be considered no less stupid..

The author gave a very Trumpian denouncement of Trump's Birtherism- not only glossing over it- but at the same time pretending that it was Clinton's fault.

While there were a few on the Left who initially embraced some Birtherism, by 2008 it was entirely the far Right which promoted Birtherism.

Trump jumped on board in 2011, when Don the Con was first exploring running for President.

What was the essential differences between Don the Con's Birtherism- and the Russia investigation?

Don the Con never had any evidence to support any of his Birther claims attacking the legitimacy of President Obama.

We have proof that Russia did indeed purposely attack the American election in 2016- with the intention of harming Clinton's election- breaking actual laws- and also tried to attack the voting systems of various states- not even Don the Con disagrees with that- well not at least this week- who knows next week.

Contrast that with Birtherism- which even when Don the Con saw proof of Barack Obama's birth in Hawaii- even when the State of Hawaii confirmed he was born there- Trump continued with his Birther idiocy- and didn't change his position until he got the Republican nomination.

Remember- not a thing changed from the last time that Trump went full Birther- until he changed to blaming his Birtherism on Clinton- except that Don the Con got the Republican nomination.

Me....I see the left in a shitrhowing tantrum over Russia. It could all be true and would not change the fact that they are behaving like a bunch of baboons.

You included.

Because I guess you think that baboons are always confronting your threads with facts?

Oh how the world turns.

The birther movement that assailed President Obama represents one of the most unsavory themes of American politics over the last decade. The slurs emanated first from the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2008, which smeared then-Sen. Obama as “fundamentally not American.” To his discredit, Donald Trump also took up the cause. Thankfully, he did not mention this issue as a presidential candidate in 2016 until he unequivocally, and properly, put it to rest, fully acknowledging President Obama’s birth citizenship. As a campaign surrogate, I regularly denounced the whole birther theme, both in print and on television.

Now, I forcefully denounce a new birtherism, this time from the left via an entrenched and hysterical fixation on Russia and President Trump. Like the Obama birtherism, there are enough fuzzy facts for totally biased people to convince themselves there is some merit to the fanciful concoction. After all, Trump seems unwilling to vigorously condemn Putin’s misdeeds. Trump also was hesitant to enact harsh sanctions against Russia. Perhaps most importantly, he seemed unduly deferential to Putin in the Helsinki press conference, a criticism I myself levied.

The 'slurs' of Birtherism didn't start with the Clinton campaign- no matter how much Don the Con has tried to blame Clinton for his Birther idiocy.

Donald Trump went full Birther from 2011 to 2016- 5 years- yet the OP excuses Don the Con as not mentioning this as a Presidential candidate.....really?

It wasn't until Don the Con got the Republican nomination that he then - barely- stopped his Birther idiocy.

The hypocrisy of starting a thread about Birtherism- and absolving Don the Con is pretty hilarious.

This thread, however, is about the hysteria level of the left regarding Russia.

You can be as right as rain and still fail to make your point if you come across as a lunatic (or in this case....a lunatic party).

Trumps lack off accountability has always been one of his defining features.

Trump appointing SCOTUS judges instead of Clinton (who also lacks accountability.....why I lost.....not because of me) is all I care about.

I get that you don't care what Trump does or says as long as he appoints judges you approve of.

Then again- you are an idiot if you think that everything that is going on about Russia is 'hysteria' from the left.

Don the Con's Russia performance was panned by almost everyone except Sean Hannity who would be applauding if Don the Con handed our nuclear codes to Putin.

The Russia investigation started because of completely valid concerns that Russia was attacking our election system- and grew to include the Trump campaign because of several possible connections between the Trump campaign and Russia- including the FBI believing that Carter Page was a Russian agent.

The Republican special counsel was appointed by the Trump appointed Republican Assistant Attorney General- again- hardly 'hysteria from the left'.

Really the only 'hysteria' that is obvious- are the hysterical tweets from Don the Con continually whining that there was no collusion and that its all a witch hunt- the GREATEST WITCH HUNT in American history!

No surprise that America's greatest Birther has become America's greatest hysteria monger.

You are an idiot for assuming that my calling it hysteria is equal to me calling it false.

You can be hysterical and irrational over something you are completely correct about (in the sense that the basis for your hysteria is real).

As to the rest of your explantion.....keep posting it....there is nothing there that hasn't been posted 100 times before and I'll let nature run it's course.

That does not change the fact that the left has just about lost it's collective mind over Russia.

Actually I do see now a certain comparison- the hysterical charges by Birthers- do resemble the hysterical denials by the Trumpkins of Russia's attack on our election system.

Which not surprisingly are often the very same people.

Oh how the world turns.

You can be as right as rain and still fail to make your point if you come across as a lunatic (or in this case....a lunatic party).

Trump appointing SCOTUS judges instead of Clinton (who also lacks accountability.....why I lost.....not because of me) is all I care about.

I get that you don't care what Trump does or says as long as he appoints judges you approve of.

Then again- you are an idiot if you think that everything that is going on about Russia is 'hysteria' from the left.

Don the Con's Russia performance was panned by almost everyone except Sean Hannity who would be applauding if Don the Con handed our nuclear codes to Putin.

The Russia investigation started because of completely valid concerns that Russia was attacking our election system- and grew to include the Trump campaign because of several possible connections between the Trump campaign and Russia- including the FBI believing that Carter Page was a Russian agent.

The Republican special counsel was appointed by the Trump appointed Republican Assistant Attorney General- again- hardly 'hysteria from the left'.

Really the only 'hysteria' that is obvious- are the hysterical tweets from Don the Con continually whining that there was no collusion and that its all a witch hunt- the GREATEST WITCH HUNT in American history!

No surprise that America's greatest Birther has become America's greatest hysteria monger.

That does not change the fact that the left has just about lost it's collective mind over Russia.

That does not change the fact that you want to claim that the left has lost its collective mine to divert attention from what is actually going on with Trump and Russia.

But you are doing a great job of parroting Don the Con and Hannity!

Oh how the world turns.

What is hilarious is your baboon like reaction.

First, I think the author states that birtherism was stupid. From the start. Donald Trumps campaign on the matter can be considered no less stupid..

The author gave a very Trumpian denouncement of Trump's Birtherism- not only glossing over it- but at the same time pretending that it was Clinton's fault.

While there were a few on the Left who initially embraced some Birtherism, by 2008 it was entirely the far Right which promoted Birtherism.

Trump jumped on board in 2011, when Don the Con was first exploring running for President.

What was the essential differences between Don the Con's Birtherism- and the Russia investigation?

Don the Con never had any evidence to support any of his Birther claims attacking the legitimacy of President Obama.

We have proof that Russia did indeed purposely attack the American election in 2016- with the intention of harming Clinton's election- breaking actual laws- and also tried to attack the voting systems of various states- not even Don the Con disagrees with that- well not at least this week- who knows next week.

Contrast that with Birtherism- which even when Don the Con saw proof of Barack Obama's birth in Hawaii- even when the State of Hawaii confirmed he was born there- Trump continued with his Birther idiocy- and didn't change his position until he got the Republican nomination.

Remember- not a thing changed from the last time that Trump went full Birther- until he changed to blaming his Birtherism on Clinton- except that Don the Con got the Republican nomination.

Me....I see the left in a shitrhowing tantrum over Russia. It could all be true and would not change the fact that they are behaving like a bunch of baboons.

You included.

Because I guess you think that baboons are always confronting your threads with facts?

Are you arguing for Russia or against the claim that the left has gone nuts ?

Because you statement above is total bullshit....you guessed wrong and you are so fucking brainlocked on the facts regarding Russia that you can't seem to discern the point of this thread.

Only further proving it's point.

The fact that people do criminal acts in pursuit of a political campaign, by nature implicates the person who they are campaigning for.

Garbage.

Now, the points you make following that are (by themselves....not in support the above statement) certainly worth looking at.

But, your statement above is absolutely not true.
So you find it completely credible to claim that several people close to the president, people like his son, the then campaign manager, his son in law, one of his foreign advisers and the guy you earmarked for the post of National Security Adviser all have meetings with Russian representatives including the freaking ambassador of Russia without notifying they are doing so? If you believe that I've got 50 pounds of baked air to sell to you at bargain prices.
Having said that I do congratulate you for not going where I thought you were going to go and say that I now have to prove the criminality of what Trump did.
The next part though puts you in a tough spot though. If you acknowledge that some of the presidents actions in the Russia sage warrants further scrutiny, does that not invalidate your claim that the left is going crazy? I don't see how something can both be "crazy" and worth looking at, at the same time.

What you see or don't see....I can't help.

What I have said all along and what I started this thread....is that you have a situation where the left looks as hysterical as the right.

If you are saying that plausibility excuses hysteria.....I disagree.

I am saying that it is quite possible that those around Trump and even Trump himself committed some type of foul. How egregious....I don't know.

That isn't the point of the thread.
Hmss, so now you wan't to stay strictly on topic? What happened with " I never said it should be limited?"
If the plausible is as serious as the president of the United States being a foreign asset, some hysteria should be warranted. The right went apeshit about the Secretary Of State taking her work home, without ever really claiming it had any national security consequences. Yet POTUS got and looked for Russian help and the left should calm down????

Oh how the world turns.

Fortunately for "the left", there is an actual investigation into Russian interference in our elections and the results will someday be known.

Birtherism was based on a lie perpetrated by Trump, the worlds biggest liar.

Actually I do see now a certain comparison- the hysterical charges by Birthers- do resemble the hysterical denials by the Trumpkins of Russia's attack on our election system.

Which not surprisingly are often the very same people.

See even after the far left drone trolls have had their religious narrative debunked, they still push the agenda.

All reports show that the Russian did not hack the election system, did not hack any machines or change any votes.

Talk about denial!

And of course this:

In May 2012 the web site Breitbart published a copy of a promotional booklet produced in 1991 by the literary agency Acton & Dystel showcasing their roster of writers, among whom was a young man named Barack Obama. This booklet was of particular interest because it included a brief biographical sketch which described the future President as having been born in Kenya:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/promotional-booklet/

Oh how the world turns.

That does not change the fact that you want to claim that the left has lost its collective mine to divert attention from what is actually going on with Trump and Russia.

Don't watch Hannity.

Frankly don't know what President Trump has said.

If you think I am trying to divert attention......you are thinking wrong (again).

I am simply posting what I tihnk is valid commentary on the situation.

Don't agree... that is fine.

But quit making shit up to argue against.

This is weird, you start an OP and lament because the left is using " fussy facts" and now you are asking me to speculate?
I'm willing to speculate but wouldn't it make more sense to establish clearly what you find justified that I use in that speculation? After all I don't want to be accused of working on "fussy facts"

IN the end, this is like being in a maze.

Getting back to the OP.

Birthers went nuts.

The left has gone nuts over Russia.

They look and feel the same.

Russia investigation is under way. But you can't separate the truth from the shit because of the amount of shit flying around.
The reason it feels like a maze is because you keep on going deeper into it by changing the argument. You start an OP by claiming the Trump Russia connection is totally baseless. Then you say, " stuff happened but it's not a crime. And now you are changing the argument, to" yes crimes have been committed but Trump is not been implicated. "Watch how you will now change it to, " yes Trump has been implicated but what he did isn't a crime.
The fact that people do criminal acts in pursuit of a political campaign, by nature implicates the person who they are campaigning for. Especially since Trump went on camera and said. He fired the head of the agency charged with carrying out that investigation because they were carrying out that investigation. He was Especially since it's since been admitted that he asked that head to 'go easy' on one of the people who was being investigated. Especially since it's since been admitted that he personally dictated a false statement of the nature of a meeting his SON had on his behest with people who claimed to represent the Russian government, with the express purpose of getting, "dirt in Hilary."

I don't recall saying that it was baseless.

What I said and what the OP is saying is that the level of hysteria about Russia (regardless of whether Trump is guilty or not) is at the same fever pitch as the birther bullshit movement.

It has nothing to do with facts. It's a commentary on the shit-slinging screecihng of the left.

That is all.
Well if you compare something that is not vested in reality whatsoever and compare it to something else. I feel you imply that whatever you are comparing it too isn't vested in reality either. Of course that's an assumption on what you mean.
As to the level of hysteria. Well the facts that are available show that an election campaign for president was unduly and criminally influenced by an adversarial government. It further shows that the campaign for the candidate that was helped by that influence was actively seeking help from that same adversarial government. And now after that candidate won, we see that that candidate as president is now unwilling to prosecute anything that is in any way detrimental to the government that helped him. So loose from what we can prove, a touch of hysteria is both expected and warranted.
It comes down to the question I asked before.
If you have a more likely explanation then the president is compromised, that fit those facts I'm all ears.

I am not going to explain the point of the OP again.

You can keep posting this all you want.
I keep on posting it because at NO TIME did you grace me with an answer. It goes right to the heart of the OP. If you feel the left is overreacting over Trump and Russia. You need to be able to show that either. The charges aren't serious, or that they are wrong. You've done neither.

Oh how the world turns.

Fortunately for "the left", there is an actual investigation into Russian interference in our elections and the results will someday be known.

True about birtherism.

True about the investigation.

Also true that NONE of you have got a fucking thing to do with it and yet you all screech and yell like you know everything (including some type of foregone conclusion).

Carry on.

Someone from the right tells you that you have something hanging from your nose.....there is no way you are believing it. Keep looking stupid.

Don't watch Hannity.

If you think I am trying to divert attention......you are thinking wrong (again).

Whether you are intentionally parroting Don the Con and Hannity or unintentionally- it doesn't change the fact that you are.

And to back to the OP- it was irrational partisan commentary on the situation.

Oh how the world turns.

True about birtherism.

Also true that NONE of you have got a fucking thing to do with it and yet you all screech and yell like you know everything (including some type of foregone conclusion).

Carry on.

Someone from the right tells you that you have something hanging from your nose.....there is no way you are believing it. Keep looking stupid.

What are you frothing about? There is a world of difference between birtherism and the Russia investigation. It's a ridiculous comparison.

IN the end, this is like being in a maze.

Getting back to the OP.

Birthers went nuts.

The left has gone nuts over Russia.

They look and feel the same.

Russia investigation is under way. But you can't separate the truth from the shit because of the amount of shit flying around.
The reason it feels like a maze is because you keep on going deeper into it by changing the argument. You start an OP by claiming the Trump Russia connection is totally baseless. Then you say, " stuff happened but it's not a crime. And now you are changing the argument, to" yes crimes have been committed but Trump is not been implicated. "Watch how you will now change it to, " yes Trump has been implicated but what he did isn't a crime.
The fact that people do criminal acts in pursuit of a political campaign, by nature implicates the person who they are campaigning for. Especially since Trump went on camera and said. He fired the head of the agency charged with carrying out that investigation because they were carrying out that investigation. He was Especially since it's since been admitted that he asked that head to 'go easy' on one of the people who was being investigated. Especially since it's since been admitted that he personally dictated a false statement of the nature of a meeting his SON had on his behest with people who claimed to represent the Russian government, with the express purpose of getting, "dirt in Hilary."

What I said and what the OP is saying is that the level of hysteria about Russia (regardless of whether Trump is guilty or not) is at the same fever pitch as the birther bullshit movement.

It has nothing to do with facts. It's a commentary on the shit-slinging screecihng of the left.

That is all.
Well if you compare something that is not vested in reality whatsoever and compare it to something else. I feel you imply that whatever you are comparing it too isn't vested in reality either. Of course that's an assumption on what you mean.
As to the level of hysteria. Well the facts that are available show that an election campaign for president was unduly and criminally influenced by an adversarial government. It further shows that the campaign for the candidate that was helped by that influence was actively seeking help from that same adversarial government. And now after that candidate won, we see that that candidate as president is now unwilling to prosecute anything that is in any way detrimental to the government that helped him. So loose from what we can prove, a touch of hysteria is both expected and warranted.
If you have a more likely explanation then the president is compromised, that fit those facts I'm all ears.

I keep on posting it because at NO TIME did you grace me with an answer. It goes right to the heart of the OP. If you feel the left is overreacting over Trump and Russia. You need to be able to show that either. The charges aren't serious, or that they are wrong. You've done neither.

Nowhere is it written that I have to do any such thing.

If you've never been associated with a situation where someone goes apeshit over some thing that is true....then you need to get out more.

More than once, I've become aware of a man or a woman lost their minds when told their spouses were cheating on them. They became hysterical, irrational and almost impossible to deal with. In some cases they attempted harm to themselves or others. Was the spouse cheating...yes. That does nothing to explain irrational behaviour.

But I don't need to answer to you on this. I've made my point. You want to claim the left is taking it all in stride....be my guest.

As many people are laughing at you as they are at Trump.

Oh how the world turns.

True about birtherism.

Carry on.

What are you frothing about? There is a world of difference between birtherism and the Russia investigation. It's a ridiculous comparison.

And you too stupid to understand the point of the OP.

Do me a favor and fuck off.

Don't watch Hannity.

Whether you are intentionally parroting Don the Con and Hannity or unintentionally- it doesn't change the fact that you are.

And to back to the OP- it was irrational partisan commentary on the situation.

I could care less what you think is going on.

You seem to think you are going to get it your way. And you are not.

You got something to discuss regarding the OP....be my guest. Otherwise start your own thread.

Trump has sanctioned a record number of oligarchs, Trump has taken an agressive tone against NATO whose mission is to confront Russia, Trump is giving Ukraine military support. he's taken a tough attitude. he attacks the Russian dream of hooking up with Germany. Putin is shaking in his boots! PUTIN IS SHAKING IN HIS BOOTS. HE'S SCARED SHITLESS!

Oh how the world turns.

True about birtherism.

Carry on.

Or maybe the OP is stupid and has no point because they are so disparate.

Oh how the world turns.

True about birtherism.

Carry on.

Or maybe the OP is stupid and has no point because they are so disparate.

That is all.

Nowhere is it written that I have to do any such thing.

If you've never been associated with a situation where someone goes apeshit over some thing that is true....then you need to get out more.

More than once, I've become aware of a man or a woman lost their minds when told their spouses were cheating on them. They became hysterical, irrational and almost impossible to deal with. In some cases they attempted harm to themselves or others. Was the spouse cheating...yes. That does nothing to explain irrational behaviour.

But I don't need to answer to you on this. I've made my point. You want to claim the left is taking it all in stride....be my guest.

As many people are laughing at you as they are at Trump.
Nope you are right, nowhere is it written that your OP has to be actual in any way substanciated. I can't argue someone who doesn't think he should be able to make his point. You win I can't argue with that logic. As to me saying the left takes it in stride.
some hysteria should be warranted.
The difference between me and you. I know exactly what I say, what my point is and am capable of defending it. Peace.

Forum List

Back