Russia Mania Is the Birtherism of the Left

I get that you don't care what Trump does or says as long as he appoints judges you approve of.

Then again- you are an idiot if you think that everything that is going on about Russia is 'hysteria' from the left.

Don the Con's Russia performance was panned by almost everyone except Sean Hannity who would be applauding if Don the Con handed our nuclear codes to Putin.

The Russia investigation started because of completely valid concerns that Russia was attacking our election system- and grew to include the Trump campaign because of several possible connections between the Trump campaign and Russia- including the FBI believing that Carter Page was a Russian agent.

The Republican special counsel was appointed by the Trump appointed Republican Assistant Attorney General- again- hardly 'hysteria from the left'.

Really the only 'hysteria' that is obvious- are the hysterical tweets from Don the Con continually whining that there was no collusion and that its all a witch hunt- the GREATEST WITCH HUNT in American history!

No surprise that America's greatest Birther has become America's greatest hysteria monger.

That does not change the fact that the left has just about lost it's collective mind over Russia.

That does not change the fact that you want to claim that the left has lost its collective mine to divert attention from what is actually going on with Trump and Russia.

But you are doing a great job of parroting Don the Con and Hannity!

Don't watch Hannity.

Frankly don't know what President Trump has said.

If you think I am trying to divert attention......you are thinking wrong (again).

I am simply posting what I tihnk is valid commentary on the situation.

Don't agree... that is fine.

But quit making shit up to argue against.

Whether you are intentionally parroting Don the Con and Hannity or unintentionally- it doesn't change the fact that you are.

And to back to the OP- it was irrational partisan commentary on the situation.

I could care less what you think is going on.

You seem to think you are going to get it your way. And you are not.

You got something to discuss regarding the OP....be my guest. Otherwise start your own thread.

I have been discussing the OP all along.

From the beginning it was a piece of hysterical crap intended to divert attention from the very real situation of Russia interfering in our election.

Fortunately for "the left", there is an actual investigation into Russian interference in our elections and the results will someday be known.

Birtherism was based on a lie perpetrated by Trump, the worlds biggest liar.

True about birtherism.

True about the investigation.

Also true that NONE of you have got a fucking thing to do with it and yet you all screech and yell like you know everything (including some type of foregone conclusion).

Carry on.

Someone from the right tells you that you have something hanging from your nose.....there is no way you are believing it. Keep looking stupid.

What are you frothing about? There is a world of difference between birtherism and the Russia investigation. It's a ridiculous comparison.

And you too stupid to understand the point of the OP.

Do me a favor and fuck off.

Or maybe the OP is stupid and has no point because they are so disparate.

You’re getting awfully upset over someone else’s article being declared a stupid analogy . Is it because you thought it was brilliant? I’m sorry...it’s not brilliant and it’s a really bad analogy.

I don't recall saying that it was baseless.

What I said and what the OP is saying is that the level of hysteria about Russia (regardless of whether Trump is guilty or not) is at the same fever pitch as the birther bullshit movement.

It has nothing to do with facts. It's a commentary on the shit-slinging screecihng of the left.

That is all.
Well if you compare something that is not vested in reality whatsoever and compare it to something else. I feel you imply that whatever you are comparing it too isn't vested in reality either. Of course that's an assumption on what you mean.
As to the level of hysteria. Well the facts that are available show that an election campaign for president was unduly and criminally influenced by an adversarial government. It further shows that the campaign for the candidate that was helped by that influence was actively seeking help from that same adversarial government. And now after that candidate won, we see that that candidate as president is now unwilling to prosecute anything that is in any way detrimental to the government that helped him. So loose from what we can prove, a touch of hysteria is both expected and warranted.
It comes down to the question I asked before.
If you have a more likely explanation then the president is compromised, that fit those facts I'm all ears.

I am not going to explain the point of the OP again.

You can keep posting this all you want.
I keep on posting it because at NO TIME did you grace me with an answer. It goes right to the heart of the OP. If you feel the left is overreacting over Trump and Russia. You need to be able to show that either. The charges aren't serious, or that they are wrong. You've done neither.

Nowhere is it written that I have to do any such thing.

If you've never been associated with a situation where someone goes apeshit over some thing that is true....then you need to get out more.

More than once, I've become aware of a man or a woman lost their minds when told their spouses were cheating on them. They became hysterical, irrational and almost impossible to deal with. In some cases they attempted harm to themselves or others. Was the spouse cheating...yes. That does nothing to explain irrational behaviour.

But I don't need to answer to you on this. I've made my point. You want to claim the left is taking it all in stride....be my guest.

As many people are laughing at you as they are at Trump.
Nope you are right, nowhere is it written that your OP has to be actual in any way substanciated. I can't argue someone who doesn't think he should be able to make his point. You win I can't argue with that logic. As to me saying the left takes it in stride.
some hysteria should be warranted.
The difference between me and you. I know exactly what I say, what my point is and am capable of defending it. Peace.

Enjoy your "victory".

Which is so left wing since you never addressed the point of the OP.

Yes....Peace......or should I say Pence....maybe.

That does not change the fact that the left has just about lost it's collective mind over Russia.

That does not change the fact that you want to claim that the left has lost its collective mine to divert attention from what is actually going on with Trump and Russia.

Don't watch Hannity.

If you think I am trying to divert attention......you are thinking wrong (again).

Whether you are intentionally parroting Don the Con and Hannity or unintentionally- it doesn't change the fact that you are.

You got something to discuss regarding the OP....be my guest. Otherwise start your own thread.

From the beginning it was a piece of hysterical crap intended to divert attention from the very real situation of Russia interfering in our election.

Since you never quoted any of it to deconstruct it....I think I'll call bullshit on your claim.

True about birtherism.

True about the investigation.

Also true that NONE of you have got a fucking thing to do with it and yet you all screech and yell like you know everything (including some type of foregone conclusion).

Carry on.

Someone from the right tells you that you have something hanging from your nose.....there is no way you are believing it. Keep looking stupid.

What are you frothing about? There is a world of difference between birtherism and the Russia investigation. It's a ridiculous comparison.

And you too stupid to understand the point of the OP.

Do me a favor and fuck off.

Or maybe the OP is stupid and has no point because they are so disparate.

You’re getting awfully upset over someone else’s article being declared a stupid analogy . Is it because you thought it was brilliant? I’m sorry...it’s not brilliant and it’s a really bad analogy.

You'll forgive me if I classify this post with all your others......

Well, I really don't need your forgiveness.

Your horseshit today is no better than your horseshit yesterday.

Don't watch Hannity.

Since you never quoted any of it to deconstruct it....I think I'll call bullshit on your claim.

Here is my first post in the thread- discussing the OP

Well lets see- the author the article you cited- lied several times.

The 'slurs' of Birtherism didn't start with the Clinton campaign- no matter how much Don the Con has tried to blame Clinton for his Birther idiocy.

Donald Trump went full Birther from 2011 to 2016- 5 years- yet the OP excuses Don the Con as not mentioning this as a Presidential candidate.....really?

It wasn't until Don the Con got the Republican nomination that he then - barely- stopped his Birther idiocy.

And of course blamed others for it.

Don't watch Hannity.

The 'slurs' of Birtherism didn't start with the Clinton campaign- no matter how much Don the Con has tried to blame Clinton for his Birther idiocy.

Donald Trump went full Birther from 2011 to 2016- 5 years- yet the OP excuses Don the Con as not mentioning this as a Presidential candidate.....really?

It wasn't until Don the Con got the Republican nomination that he then - barely- stopped his Birther idiocy.

So now we are talking process......fine......

While I don't recall much about the start of the birther movement.....I do recall that it was a hysteria that I found to be a sad commentary on what is important and what isn't.

But, in quickly looking back....i found this .....

Did Hillary Clinton start the Obama birther movement?

Which states......

John Avlon, editor-in-chief of the Daily Beast, explored the roots of the birther movement in his book Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe Is Hijacking America. Avlon described a posting on the PUMA website with the heading "Obama May Be Illegal to Be Elected President!" He wrote that a Clinton volunteer in Texas, Linda Starr, played a key role in spreading the rumor.

Starr connected with Pennsylvania attorney Philip Berg in August and Berg followed up by suing in federal court to block Obama’s nomination. The suit was thrown out repeatedly on the grounds that Berg lacked standing and the U.S. Supreme Court ultimately refused to hear his appeal.

There is no record that Clinton herself or anyone within her campaign ever advanced the charge that Obama was not born in the United States. A review by our fellow fact-checkers at Factcheck.org reported that no journalist who investigated this ever found a connection to anyone in the Clinton organization.

Clinton, herself, answered this very accusation after Trump's tweet during an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon. Lemon asked Clinton if she started smear campaigns that Obama was born outside the United States.

"That is – no. That is so ludicrous, Don. You know, honestly, I just believe that, first of all, it’s totally untrue, and secondly, you know, the president and I have never had any kind of confrontation like that," Clinton said. "You know, I have been blamed for nearly everything, that was a new one to me."

We should note that the birther rumor is distinct from the myth about Obama’s religion, which is what got the ball rolling at the Trump event in New Hampshire.

Our ruling

Trump said that Clinton started the birther movement and "was all in."

It’s an interesting bit of history that the birther movement appears to have begun with Democrats supporting Clinton and opposing Obama. But Trump, and others who have made this claim, neglect to mention that there is no direct tie to Clinton or her 2008 campaign.

Check out the last paragraph.

I am not saying your claim is wrong (although you posted nothing to support it) and I know Politifact could be wrong......

But so far that is the only lthing posted from another source in this so-called debate.

Russia is no conspiracy- its been proven they hacked our election

Obamas birth certificate was a conspiracy from the get go.

Rw's are idiots beyond compare.

So now we are talking process......fine......

While I don't recall much about the start of the birther movement.....I do recall that it was a hysteria that I found to be a sad commentary on what is important and what isn't.

But, in quickly looking back....i found this .....

Did Hillary Clinton start the Obama birther movement?

Which states......

John Avlon, editor-in-chief of the Daily Beast, explored the roots of the birther movement in his book Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe Is Hijacking America. Avlon described a posting on the PUMA website with the heading "Obama May Be Illegal to Be Elected President!" He wrote that a Clinton volunteer in Texas, Linda Starr, played a key role in spreading the rumor.

Starr connected with Pennsylvania attorney Philip Berg in August and Berg followed up by suing in federal court to block Obama’s nomination. The suit was thrown out repeatedly on the grounds that Berg lacked standing and the U.S. Supreme Court ultimately refused to hear his appeal.

There is no record that Clinton herself or anyone within her campaign ever advanced the charge that Obama was not born in the United States. A review by our fellow fact-checkers at Factcheck.org reported that no journalist who investigated this ever found a connection to anyone in the Clinton organization.

Clinton, herself, answered this very accusation after Trump's tweet during an interview with CNN’s Don Lemon. Lemon asked Clinton if she started smear campaigns that Obama was born outside the United States.

"That is – no. That is so ludicrous, Don. You know, honestly, I just believe that, first of all, it’s totally untrue, and secondly, you know, the president and I have never had any kind of confrontation like that," Clinton said. "You know, I have been blamed for nearly everything, that was a new one to me."

We should note that the birther rumor is distinct from the myth about Obama’s religion, which is what got the ball rolling at the Trump event in New Hampshire.

Our ruling

Trump said that Clinton started the birther movement and "was all in."

It’s an interesting bit of history that the birther movement appears to have begun with Democrats supporting Clinton and opposing Obama. But Trump, and others who have made this claim, neglect to mention that there is no direct tie to Clinton or her 2008 campaign.

Check out the last paragraph.

I am not saying your claim is wrong (although you posted nothing to support it) and I know Politifact could be wrong......

But so far that is the only lthing posted from another source in this so-called debate.

Oh I have seen this article several times- two points:

Check out this paragraph from your article:

And this paragraph:
According to a Telegraph article, as early as April 2008, a Clinton supporter passed around an email that questioned where Obama was born.

"Barack Obama’s mother was living in Kenya with his Arab-African father late in her pregnancy," it said. "She was not allowed to travel by plane then, so Barack Obama was born there and his mother then took him to Hawaii to register his birth.
"

But this second paragraph is where the articles just don't dive deep enough- because while that email was passed by a Clinton supporter in April 2008- it actually started in a right wing web site in March of 2008- a full month before any supporter of Clinton passed on an email.

Barackryphal: The Secret Origin of the Birthers

Four days later, on March 4, 2008, FARS’ rumor was cited by pseudonymous blogger “Alan Peters” on his blog “Ruthless Roundup.”

Add to the family history shown in this article that Obama's mother was allegedly visiting Kenya with Obama's father in the final months of her pregnancy and was not allowed to board a flight in her late term to return home.She allegedly had Obama in Kenya and quickly boarded a flight to Hawaii. Airlines do not accept late term pregancies but do not refuse passage to a newborn, usually issuing a 10% or free fare ticket for the trip.Once in Hawaii, his mother registered him as being born in Hawaii.

The article itself is an interesting study of the evolution of Birtherism- starting from a philosophical mind experiment by a lawyer- to full blown right wing conspiracy idiocy within a few days.

Looking back at the topic- perhaps we are disagreeing on the term 'hysteria'?

Birtherism was always a minor fringe movement that gained no real traction until Donald Trump jumped on board as King Birther. While I would agree that some birthers were shrill and annoying, I wouldn't characterize it as hysteria.

The Russian investigation is mainstream- with law enforcement agencies involved, a foreign government shown to have broken American laws in order to try to damage the American political process. Again I don't see any hysteria- I see a warranted concern for the integrity of our election system and the ongoing efforts by one of our most powerful global rivals to cause harm to the United States (and other countries in the same way).

Russia Mania Is the Birtherism of the Left | RealClearPolitics

Oh how the world turns.

The birther movement that assailed President Obama represents one of the most unsavory themes of American politics over the last decade. The slurs emanated first from the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2008, which smeared then-Sen. Obama as “fundamentally not American.” To his discredit, Donald Trump also took up the cause. Thankfully, he did not mention this issue as a presidential candidate in 2016 until he unequivocally, and properly, put it to rest, fully acknowledging President Obama’s birth citizenship. As a campaign surrogate, I regularly denounced the whole birther theme, both in print and on television.

Now, I forcefully denounce a new birtherism, this time from the left via an entrenched and hysterical fixation on Russia and President Trump. Like the Obama birtherism, there are enough fuzzy facts for totally biased people to convince themselves there is some merit to the fanciful concoction. After all, Trump seems unwilling to vigorously condemn Putin’s misdeeds. Trump also was hesitant to enact harsh sanctions against Russia. Perhaps most importantly, he seemed unduly deferential to Putin in the Helsinki press conference, a criticism I myself levied.

It's so fun to see the hypocrites on the left suck on their loss.
Trump was born in Mexico and is a secret Muslim.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
Russia Mania Is the Birtherism of the Left | RealClearPolitics

Oh how the world turns.

The birther movement that assailed President Obama represents one of the most unsavory themes of American politics over the last decade. The slurs emanated first from the Hillary Clinton campaign in 2008, which smeared then-Sen. Obama as “fundamentally not American.” To his discredit, Donald Trump also took up the cause. Thankfully, he did not mention this issue as a presidential candidate in 2016 until he unequivocally, and properly, put it to rest, fully acknowledging President Obama’s birth citizenship. As a campaign surrogate, I regularly denounced the whole birther theme, both in print and on television.

Now, I forcefully denounce a new birtherism, this time from the left via an entrenched and hysterical fixation on Russia and President Trump. Like the Obama birtherism, there are enough fuzzy facts for totally biased people to convince themselves there is some merit to the fanciful concoction. After all, Trump seems unwilling to vigorously condemn Putin’s misdeeds. Trump also was hesitant to enact harsh sanctions against Russia. Perhaps most importantly, he seemed unduly deferential to Putin in the Helsinki press conference, a criticism I myself levied.

It's so fun to see the hypocrites on the left suck on their loss.

It's not the same. Obama said he was born in Kenya and the second person to say it was Michelle. Funny how birthers are insane, but Obama can state the country of his own birth wrong and that's perfectly fine

Russia is no conspiracy- its been proven they hacked our election

Obamas birth certificate was a conspiracy from the get go.

Rw's are idiots beyond compare.

Obama and Michelle have both said he was born in Kenya, baa baa sheep

Forum List

Back