Russia has Freed Bakhmut.

The F-16 does do Mach 3 as told to me by a pilot of them and one of us has swilled more than 2 5ths of vodka

in the past week, and it's not me. :D
Aah, I see now. Down from the mount Everest, and then again, if you push it hard enough. Clever :D.

I take it it's Dr. Strangelove. Is it worth watching?
Even the Nazi Scientist Is Too Wacky to Represent Anything Real

It's totally exaggerated. Nobody is as nutty as the Air Force General who leads the way to Doomsday. Keeping in mind that it has no more realism than a Roadrunner cartoon does, it is pretty funny, though. As an anti-military movie, it's a joke.

One of the best movies ever made. That and the other movie based on the same book (Fail Safe) used to be pretty much required viewing and reading back in the day.
Just watched it. Can't have caught all the humor, but surely the funniest one was General "Buck" Turgidson.
"What makes the current situation worse than was depicted in the film, is the president was sane and rational....a luxury we do not have today." From one of the reviews.

It does not take long to learn how to "operate" equipment, especially if those trained are already experienced fighter pilots. Just as it is not incredibly hard to train a tank crew how to operate a new tank.

However, being able to "operate" the equipment is nowhere near the same as being "proficient" in using it. And that is what the experts are actually talking about. I can take anybody who can drive a car and train them to use a NASCAR racer. That does not mean they will be zipping around the track like Dale Jr. I can teach almost anybody who has ever rode a bicycle how to ride a motorcycle in a day or two (even faster if they are familiar with manual transmissions). But it is going to take months before they are comfortable in doing so, and years until they are really good at it.
But your idea is flawed. They aren't taking average drivers and dropping them into NASCAR racers, they are taking NASCAR Ford drivers and dropping them into NASCAR MOPAR racers. The changes are a matter of degree, not learning whole new skills. To put it into real world terms, it is like the British 8th Army taking crews from A-10 Cruiser tanks and dropping them into M-3 Stuarts or Crusader Cruiser tanks and dropping them into Shermans. The changeover took hours or days at worst since the crews were already trained tankers and just had to learn new systems. It was tougher to transition repair crews than tankers.

Even the Nazi Scientist Is Too Wacky to Represent Anything Real

It's totally exaggerated. Nobody is as nutty as the Air Force General who leads the way to Doomsday. Keeping in mind that it has no more realism than a Roadrunner cartoon does, it is pretty funny, though. As an anti-military movie, it's a joke.
The title of the film should tell you that it was intended to be satire, but in the period, it depicts both the US and USSR were spending enormous amounts of money in planning for a nuclear war and developing new weapons to fight it. In schools across the country schools held regular air raid drill to supposedly protect the children from a nuclear attack, and people were digging bomb shelters on their properties so they might survive this war and both the US and USSR built huge bunkers under mountains so the governments and other important people and documents would survive this war. The events and people depicted in the film were only slightly more bizarre than real life was at the time.

The fact that they barely proved it is pretty embarrassing for Russia. Yes, they have FAR superior military equipment, but they still suck at fighting. A bunch of third world dipshit Ukrainians are causing them fits. F-16s will change everything. Putin knows this, which is why he is likely to use nukes if we send these jets to Ukraine.
Russian equipment is NOT superior to western equipment. About the only things the Russian have done better were the AK-47 and the failure rate of fuzes. The AK is superior to M-16s because it's designed to be used by untrained conscripts and survive mistreatment. The Russian fuzes function more reliability because the eliminate the safety equipment in US fuzes. For instance, the Russians have a 20mm fuze that almost never fails to function, however if you drop the shell on its nose, it will often detonate because it operates by a free-floating striker that is only restrained by a hair-thin safety wire that is designed to easily break. The comparable US fuze has a physical block that has to be first moved back by the acceleration of being fired, then moved sideways by the rotation of the shell to allow the firing pin to align with the primer. If either feature fails the shell is a dud. All US ordnance has similar features, we accept a 10% dud rate to get 99% safety. Russian tanks are less durable the western ones, they have more restricted elevation and depression of the main gun. They can only be crewed by tankers who are five foot six or less because they are incredibly cramped inside. I've been inside an OPFOR T-55, at six foot two, the only place I could stand erect was under the commander's hatch, even then my entire head was outside the hatch. In the driver's seat I couldn't even fit my legs into place with the seat all the way back and down. There is no way I could drive a Russian tank.

Just watched it. Can't have caught all the humor, but surely the funniest one was General "Buck" Turgidson.

Well, obviously by looking at my avatar, my favorite was Major Kong.

And the President was one of the jokes, as Peter Sellers was playing three roles in that movie.

“Gentlemen, You Can't Fight In Here! This is The War Room!”

Yeah, because Tom Cruise told you so or some Cat woman or whatever the hell swim-suited Iron man from the Marvel Universe shit show, right?
The F-16 was the premiere dogfighter of the eighties and nineties. It was designed as a cheap low-end fighter to augment the F-15 Eagles. It took high end fighters with vectored thrust to match its maneuverability and still is a good to great multi-role fighter. The MiG-29 was a Soviet effort to match the Falcon, but it sacrificed range and flexibility to do so.

Last edited:
Youre too fucking stupid to even recognize that im warning people against beating Russia. Our F-16s will devastate Russian forces, which will push Putin into a corner where he will be forced to use nukes.

You Russians and Ukrainians are dumb as fuck. Youre all a bunch of inferior third world dipshits. :laugh:
Russia won't use nukes because if Putin tries to order a nuclear strike he will "commit suicide" by shooting himself in the back a dozen times. The Russian high command isn't a bunch of suicidal maniacs like the Japanese high command were.

Last edited:
Paper tiger, all your F-16s will be downed like the rest of the Ukie planes have already been. That's why you've been so slow on approving their deliveries to the Banderastan, for fear of losing face when your shitty "super-fighters" start falling off the sky literally and otherwise.
F-16s aren't "super fighters" they are the low end of the F-16/F-15 pairing. If we wanted to send "super fighters" we would loan the Ukrainians a couple of E-3 Hawkeyes and a squadron of F-22s. The Russian Air Force wouldn't be able to get off its runways without being destroyed by aircraft that it can't even see that have beyond visual range missiles that can be directed by the AEW aircraft.

Last edited:
The F-16 was the premiere dogfighter of the eighties and nineties. If was designed as a cheap low-end fighter to augment the F-15 Eagles. It took high end fighters with vectored thrust to match its maneuverability and still is a good to great multi-role fighter. The MiG-29 was a Soviet effort to match the Falcon, but it sacrificed range and flexibility to do so.
And it is still a good enough fighter that Taiwan just purchased 66 upgraded F-16's.

And those were much simpler vehicles, with no computers or fancy electronics.
But they were completely different than the Brit tanks they replaced. They drove differently, the gunner sat of the opposite side of the turret, ammo storage was different. Yes it would take some time to acclimate Ukrainian crews to western tanks, but the systems are relatively idiot-proof. How hard is it to set your sight on a target, push the laser ranging button then lock the gun on target?

Says the fat fart from behind the cover of his laptop screen. Do you mean John Rambo or Terminator when you're talking about the might of the US military? What real war did you ever win?

What BATTLES have we ever lost? Our wars after WWII were lost by the politicians lacking the will to win. Chosin Reservoir was a pyrrhic victory for the Chinese despite having total tactical and strategic surprise and overwhelming numerical superiority. Since then, no force has won a victory against American forces.

First sane answer from a habitually insane American.:thup:
Right now, defense is king in Ukraine. As long as the Ukrainian air defense net exists, the Russians can't operate aircraft to support offensive operations. And the same applies to the other side. But Ukraine does just fine with air power suppressed, it's got modern indirect fire weapons opposing Russian Soviet era towed artillery. Russian artillery doctrine had proven to be the same as in WWII; line up a bunch of guns axle to axle and fire thousands of rounds blindly. Russia's problem today is the US isn't providing it millions of shells for free, we are providing those shells to the Ukrainians.

Forum List

Back