Russia has Freed Bakhmut.

Yeah, right. Take the moron from above, John Edgar the Turd with you. He seems to be keen on taking a bite off of mother Russia too. Seeing how the Russians have only got rusty spades in their arsenal the two of you combat hardened faggots will be more than enough to subdue the country.
Russia has never had a "modern" military no matter the era. It always relied on mass casualties and the sheer size of Russia to absorb invaders. Militaries are known to always prepare to fight the last war, but Russia has been fighting the same war for centuries. What worked before modern mechanized warfare doesn't work anymore. If Germany hadn't had a largely horse-drawn army in WWII it would have beaten Russia before Stalin could have mobilized his population (which only hated the Germans slightly more than it hated him).

Just watched it. Can't have caught all the humor, but surely the funniest one was General "Buck" Turgidson.
"What makes the current situation worse than was depicted in the film, is the president was sane and rational....a luxury we do not have today." From one of the reviews.
It's the first movie that I noticed Peter Sellers in. He was one of the best comedic actors of all time in my opinion.

Russia has never had a "modern" military no matter the era. It always relied on mass casualties and the sheer size of Russia to absorb invaders. Militaries are known to always prepare to fight the last war, but Russia has been fighting the same war for centuries. What worked before modern mechanized warfare doesn't work anymore. If Germany hadn't had a largely horse-drawn army in WWII it would have beaten Russia before Stalin could have mobilized his population (which only hated the Germans slightly more than it hated him).

Don't bother to repeat all this crap over and over. I think I've been hearing that through my entire life. Father frost beat the Germans, Americans won the WW2, ala-fucking-mein was the greatest battle of the war. MSM boneheads are still talking of human waves Russians win their Pyrrhic victories with, but I bet you didn't hear from them of the Khmelnitsky near megaton explosion that blew up the $500+mil worth bunch of western equipment, did you? You've heard of a flock of morons who raided Belgorod border villages though, who were all annihilated btw soon after, but you were told they were Russian freedom fighters, who rebelled against Putin answering the call of oppressed by the brutal regime folks who see the Faggoty West as their only hope to get back under the shining light of freedom emanating democracy.
Talk about the movies instead.

It's the first movie that I noticed Peter Sellers in. He was one of the best comedic actors of all time in my opinion.
I liked George C. Scott more and his chick :D , the secretary. Though I can't be the judge in these matters, cause I must have missed some or much rather of the humor, being a non native speaker and all.

Don't bother to repeat all this crap over and over. I think I've been hearing that through my entire life. Father frost beat the Germans, Americans won the WW2, ala-fucking-mein was the greatest battle of the war. MSM boneheads are still talking of human waves Russians win their Pyrrhic victories with, but I bet you didn't hear from them of the Khmelnitsky near megaton explosion that blew up the $500+mil worth bunch of western equipment, did you? You've heard of a flock of morons who raided Belgorod border villages though, who were all annihilated btw soon after, but you were told they were Russian freedom fighters, who rebelled against Putin answering the call of oppressed by the brutal regime folks who see the Faggoty West as their only hope to get back under the shining light of freedom emanating democracy.
Talk about the movies instead.
Nice propaganda, just like all of your posts. Russia's sheer size defeated the horse-drawn German army. Without the USA and the UK giving it equipment, tooling and supplies, Russia would have been pushed back behind the Urals to starve by the Germans. Before the US started Lend-Lease the Brits were giving Russia equipment, supplies and machine tooling that England badly needed to keep Russia in the war. Once the US entered the war, Russia couldn't lose as long as it managed to keep the Lend-Lease floodgates open. Without Lend-Lease, the Russian would still have been as much a horse drawn army as the Germans and the offensives that ended the war wouldn't have been possible because horse drawn wagons can't go more than about a hundred fifty miles from a railhead or port before the horses are eating more than the amount of cargo they can carry. It was American Studebaker trucks running on American gasoline with drivers fed by American SPAM that allowed the Red Army to advance. As for youor "near megaton" explosion, here is an excerpt from an article that explains it.

"One of these installations that stored rocket boosters for Soviet-era ICBMs among other explosives, detonated in a massive secondary explosion caused by a Russian missile attack just over a week ago"
So the might Russian military managed to detonate a dump of Soviet era missile boosters and possibly some munitions. No equipment at all. And from the photo, that's a couple of kilotons at most, most like one kiloton or less. Russia has suffered far worse from Ukrainian attacks in this war.

Nice propaganda, just like all of your posts. Russia's sheer size defeated the horse-drawn German army. Without the USA and the UK giving it equipment, tooling and supplies, Russia would have been pushed back behind the Urals to starve by the Germans. Before the US started Lend-Lease the Brits were giving Russia equipment, supplies and machine tooling that England badly needed to keep Russia in the war. Once the US entered the war, Russia couldn't lose as long as it managed to keep the Lend-Lease floodgates open. Without Lend-Lease, the Russian would still have been as much a horse drawn army as the Germans and the offensives that ended the war wouldn't have been possible because horse drawn wagons can't go more than about a hundred fifty miles from a railhead or port before the horses are eating more than the amount of cargo they can carry. It was American Studebaker trucks running on American gasoline with drivers fed by American SPAM that allowed the Red Army to advance. As for youor "near megaton" explosion, here is an excerpt from an article that explains it.

"One of these installations that stored rocket boosters for Soviet-era ICBMs among other explosives, detonated in a massive secondary explosion caused by a Russian missile attack just over a week ago"
So the might Russian military managed to detonate a dump of Soviet era missile boosters and possibly some munitions. No equipment at all. And from the photo, that's a couple of kilotons at most, most like one kiloton or less. Russia has suffered far worse from Ukrainian attacks in this war.
Can that be any different? My propaganda and your pure unadulterated truth. You killed 2mil of Vietnamese to help them live a better life too, didn't you?

Russian equipment is NOT superior to western equipment. About the only things the Russian have done better were the AK-47 and the failure rate of fuzes. The AK is superior to M-16s because it's designed to be used by untrained conscripts and survive mistreatment. The Russian fuzes function more reliability because the eliminate the safety equipment in US fuzes. For instance, the Russians have a 20mm fuze that almost never fails to function, however if you drop the shell on its nose, it will often detonate because it operates by a free-floating striker that is only restrained by a hair-thin safety wire that is designed to easily break. The comparable US fuze has a physical block that has to be first moved back by the acceleration of being fired, then moved sideways by the rotation of the shell to allow the firing pin to align with the primer. If either feature fails the shell is a dud. All US ordnance has similar features, we accept a 10% dud rate to get 99% safety. Russian tanks are less durable the western ones, they have more restricted elevation and depression of the main gun. They can only be crewed by tankers who are five foot six or less because they are incredibly cramped inside. I've been inside an OPFOR T-55, at six foot two, the only place I could stand erect was under the commander's hatch, even then my entire head was outside the hatch. In the driver's seat I couldn't even fit my legs into place with the seat all the way back and down. There is no way I could drive a Russian tank.
I was saying they were superior to Ukraine, but they arent even in the same league as the US.

Russia won't use nukes because if Putin tries to order a nuclear strike he will "commit suicide" by shooting himself in the back a dozen times. The Russian high command isn't a bunch of suicidal maniacs like the Japanese high command were.
Its not suicide for Russia to nuke Ukraine. Russia can nuke Ukraine right now and no one will respond. No one is getting into WW3 just to avenge shithole Ukraine. They gained a little popularity recently, but that isnt enough for us to lose US cities for them. No country is getting into a nuclear war for Ukraine. Not a single one.

Last edited:
What BATTLES have we ever lost?

Oh, we have actually lost quite a few. Especially in Vietnam.

Paul Revere IV comes immediately to mind. After a fruitless search and destroy mission along the Cambodian border, a company sized force was ambushed by a battalion of NVA, destroying two platoons before fading back into the jungle.

And the Battle of Xa Cam My, where once again a Battalion of NVA was able to isolate a US infantry company and almost totally destroy it before fading into the jungles yet again.

And then there was Operation Hickory, where a Regimental sized Marine force struck across the border just north of the DMZ. And what followed was 10 days of battle, with the NVA withdrawing each time contact was made, only to attack again from an unexpected direction. The Marines would take a bunker complex or hilltop with almost no opposition, only to be attacked in the evening and have to fight for their lives until morning when the NVA once again faded into the jungle. After a week and a half they finally left, with over 140 Marines and Corpsmen dead, and almost 900 wounded.

Oh, the US lost a great many battles in Vietnam, well over a hundred of them.

And hell, we have not only the Battle of Mogadishu, but other battles in Iraq and Afghanistan we have lost. Operation Red Wings springs immediately to mind, where we lost not only a SEAL team but multiple helicopters and other losses before the enemy faded into the mountains. Or the Battle of Wanat, the Battle of Najaf, the First Battle of Fallujah, Donkey Island, and others ranging from the Good Friday Ambush in 2004 to several of the wide spread battles that made up the Battle of Nasiriyah (including the destruction of the 507th Maintenance Company.

Oh, the US is not invincible and has unquestionably lost battles. Some of them actually not all that long ago. Then there were also some that were recorded as "victories", but at the very best they were pyrrhic victories as the US might have won a tactical victory, but strategically they lost.

Paul Revere IV comes immediately to mind. After a fruitless search and destroy mission along the Cambodian border, a company sized force was ambushed by a battalion of NVA, destroying two platoons before fading back into the jungle.

And the Battle of Xa Cam My, where once again a Battalion of NVA was able to isolate a US infantry company and almost totally destroy it before fading into the jungles yet again.

And then there was Operation Hickory, where a Regimental sized Marine force struck across the border just north of the DMZ. And what followed was 10 days of battle, with the NVA withdrawing each time contact was made, only to attack again from an unexpected direction. The Marines would take a bunker complex or hilltop with almost no opposition, only to be attacked in the evening and have to fight for their lives until morning when the NVA once again faded into the jungle. After a week and a half they finally left, with over 140 Marines and Corpsmen dead, and almost 900 wounded.

And hell, we have not only the Battle of Mogadishu, but other battles in Iraq and Afghanistan we have lost. Operation Red Wings springs immediately to mind, where we lost not only a SEAL team but multiple helicopters and other losses before the enemy faded into the mountains. Or the Battle of Wanat, the Battle of Najaf, the First Battle of Fallujah, Donkey Island, and others ranging from the Good Friday Ambush in 2004 to several of the wide spread battles that made up the Battle of Nasiriyah (including the destruction of the 507th Maintenance Company.

Oh, the US is not invincible and has unquestionably lost battles. Some of them actually not all that long ago. Then there were also some that were recorded as "victories", but at the very best they were pyrrhic victories as the US might have won a tactical victory, but strategically they lost.
These battles that the US lost were where the commanding officers vastly underestimated the strength of the enemy or where a platoon got lost.
200:1 odds ? Our troops aren't invincible....especially when outnumbered by those numbers. But they did manage to kill 100 each before they ultimately died.

Russia can nuke Ukraine right now and no one will respond.

Wanna bet? Any fallout from such an attack would be falling upon several NATO members. And you think they are just going to shrug and ignore that?

And I can promise, they will become a pariah nation the moment they do, and might even see them and their veto power stripped from the UN and them kicked out of the organization. And not just the sanctions they have in place now, but actual International embargos and blockades put in place. Because if there is one thing that would unify most of the world against them, it would be an unprovoked nuclear strike. Even their semi-ally of China would turn against them if they did that.

And yes, I am aware that Russia has veto power in the UN. However, there are some interesting things in the UN charter, which include the Secretary General having the power to eject a member state if their conduct is considered egregious to international conduct. And once ejected, obviously they at that time do not have the power to veto their being banned from the body. It is unheard of and has never been done, but that is actually within their power.

These battles that the US lost were where the commanding officers vastly underestimated the strength of the enemy or where a platoon got lost.

No, in fact many of the battles lost in Vietnam or in Somalia, they knew exactly where they were.

But the odds do not matter, the claim was mistakenly made that the US had never lost a battle, and indeed they had lost a great many battles.

And they were not outnumbered at the Battle of Fallujah, they actually outnumbered the attackers by roughly 9 to 1. But the US and UK still lost that battle and had to retreat from the city after almost a month of fighting.

I liked George C. Scott more and his chick :D , the secretary. Though I can't be the judge in these matters, cause I must have missed some or much rather of the humor, being a non native speaker and all.

Well, realize that the name of the President itself was a double dirty pun. As the names of President Merkin Muffley are literally the name of a pubic wig, and a slang term for female genitals.

And the Colonel that rescued Captain Mandrake was "Bat" Guano, and guano is literally a term for avian poop.

Well, realize that the name of the President itself was a double dirty pun. As the names of President Merkin Muffley are literally the name of a pubic wig, and a slang term for female genitals.

And the Colonel that rescued Captain Mandrake was "Bat" Guano, and guano is literally a term for avian poop.
That's always the problem for us, strangers. But, did you know that right when you were watching the film or read about it somewhere after? As for Guano, it's also used in Russian as a term for avian poop fertilizer they collect somewhere in Latin America but, there's another almost similar sounding word that comes from the same Latin root I guess with almost the same meaning but an itsy-bitsy difference, i.e. it's poop too but that produced by humans. I can't say I heard the Colonel addressed like that or was that in the credits or what do you call them, the titles that come after the film ends?

One of the best movies ever made. That and the other movie based on the same book (Fail Safe) used to be pretty much required viewing and reading back in the day.
Yes. And the prototype for Dr. Strangelove were the "Wizards of Armageddon", first of all - Herman Kahn.
What is really worth to read is the last Russian commented translation of his "On Thermonuclear War", especially the chapter "The Thermonuclear war, 2025"

We Never Lose Any Sons of the Ruling Class, So the Beat Goes On

We Never Lose Any Sons of the Ruling Class, So the Beat Goes On

Pat Tillman walked away from a multi-million dollar a year contract in the NFL to join the Army.

And not only do very few serve in the current age, very few also die.

Congressman Wilson (SC) had a son serve in Iraq. As did Senator Bond (Mo), Congressman Akin (Mo), Senator Johnson (SD), and many more.

In reality, the children of politicians serve at just about the same rates as the general population. Less than 10%.

But in the modern era, we also lose relatively few to combat. Especially as compared to earlier conflicts.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back