Russia confirms radioactive materials involved in blast

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So...a look into just what the Russians are up to...The US has NOT commented publicly on this, to date:

Fatal explosion in Russia released radiation, giving United States pause
Russia Confirms Radioactive Materials Were Involved in Deadly Blast

A mystery explosion at a Russian weapons testing range involved radioactive materials, the authorities admitted on Saturday, as the blast’s admitted death toll rose and signs of a creeping radiation emergency, or at the least fear of one, grew harder to mask.

In a statement released at 1 a.m. Saturday, Russia’s nuclear energy company, Rosatom, said five employees had died, in addition to the two military personnel previously confirmed dead, as a result of a test on Thursday morning involving “isotopic sources of fuel on a liquid propulsion unit.”
“A bright memory of our comrades will forever live in our hearts,” the statement said.
The statement, though, shed little light on exactly what detonated on Thursday at the White Sea testing range. No use for the propulsion unit was mentioned, although President Vladimir V. Putin previously boasted that Russia has developed a nuclear engine for long-range missiles. And there was no explanation why the authorities in a nearby city had reported rising radiation levels for a brief period several hours later.
While the government has provided no full explanation of what happened, Rosatom’s statement suggested a mishap during a test of a new class of nuclear-engined weapons that Mr. Putin first spoke publicly about last year.
At the least, the statement came as the first formal acknowledgment from a central government source that radioactive materials had been involved in the accident. It offered no details on the materials used and potentially released into the environment. It said the deaths were “a result of an incident at a testing range in Arkhangelsk region.”

Yikes! Another Chernobyl?

I only recently found out Chernobyl is really Ukraine.
To me, the radiation, while concerning, is not the story here. Russia continues to research nuclear fueled cruise missiles...that would make our ICBM shield useless. It might be time to acknowledge that we are in an arms race..and that we may be losing.

To me, the radiation, while concerning, is not the story here. Russia continues to research nuclear fueled cruise missiles...that would make our ICBM shield useless. It might be time to acknowledge that we are in an arms race..and that we may be losing.
And Clinton helped facilitate it. How you don’t see the connection is beyond me.

And Clinton helped facilitate it. How you don’t see the connection is beyond me.
How you don't see that it has no bearing on this thread is beyond me? I refuse to engage your nonsense here. This is not a Clinton thread! A question..do you have any comment on this that does not involve Clinton, Obama or any other political smearing? Thanks.

How you don't see that it has no bearing on this thread is beyond me? I refuse to engage your nonsense here. This is not a Clinton thread! A question..do you have any comment on this that does not involve Clinton, Obama or any other political smearing? Thanks.
You have a concern, yet don’t want to discuss anything about how it transpired to keep it from happening in the future. Got it.

What does a nuclear fueled cruise missile do that a "regular" one doesn't?

:trolls:

:trolls:
Oh, I’m a troll now, am I?

You have a concern, yet don’t want to discuss anything about how it transpired to keep it from happening in the future. Got it.
1) I don't care to rehash the old bs regarding Clinton...I will point out that Russia has plenty of Uranium..thus your entire premise is stupid. The whole U1 deal is still being subjected to a lot of spin..and your tired allegations are not accepted as fact..they are still..in the end..a lot of supposition, innuendo and spin--please do not mistake my comment as an invitation to rehash the whole thing..right now, in this thread..in some vain attempt to 'convince' me of your 'truth'. I really am aware of the events in question. Not one ounce of Uranium has ever left the country to Russia..the AEC licenses prohibit export.

2} Russia's research into nuclear fueled cruise missiles is not at all connected to Clinton, or any dubious deal..no matter the spin.

3) There are tons of national security concerns here...I'd love to hear them addressed. Yet you wish to ride your tired hobby horse...Clinton, Clinton..and more Clinton.

Nothing would keep Russia from researching weapons, whenever they want....no amount of Clinton bashing would do that. Your comment about 'keeping it from happening in the future' is just a bit..well.,..meaningless.

Last edited:

It would be able to fly anywhere on earth without running out of fuel. It would do so at low altitudes and with random evasive patterns, at high speed, thus making it very hard to detect and shoot down. Our fixed missile defenses would be rendered useless.

It would be able to fly anywhere on earth without running out of fuel. It would do so at low altitudes and with random evasive patterns, at high speed, thus making it very hard to detect and shoot down. Our fixed missile defenses would be rendered useless.

I wonder if all these military "accidents" Russia is having actually are..
Accidents, or sabotage?

I wonder if all these military "accidents" Russia is having actually are..
Accidents, or sabotage?
I would like to think we are on the ball and obstructing...but never underestimate the Russian propensity for incompetence and slovenly work product.

That doesn't sound good, Mr. Fleegle.

Forum List

Back