RUSSIA CLEARLY WANTS WAR with the USA!

Meanwhile, Russia is considering expanding militarily back into Cuba and Vietnam in addition to a permanent base in Syria:

Russia is considering plans to resume its military presence in Vietnam and Cuba, the country's deputy defence minister says.

Nikolai Pankov announced a review of the decision to close the two bases more than a decade ago.

The two served as pivots of Soviet military power during the Cold War.

It comes amid growing tensions between the US and Russia, and as Russia's parliament approved a longer term military presence at a Syrian airbase.

Russia 'considering military bases in Cuba and Vietnam' - BBC News
What Russia does in Vietnam and Cuba is none of America's business. Didn't you not look at the map I provided in the OP? As far as Syria goes the US has itself to blame - what goes around, comes around.

What Russia does in Vietnam and Cuba is none of America's business. Didn't you not look at the map I provided in the OP? As far as Syria goes the US has itself to blame - what goes around, comes around.
You apparently have a tenuous grasp of the geopolitical and an affinity for tired cliches.

Well Russia may not want war .....
So you agree with me then, that despite what Washington says to the contrary, it's the US that's pushing for war .... not the Russians.

No, I don't agree with you. The US isn't pushing for war with Russia at all. The left don't particularly want war. Hence why in the last 8 years there has only been a start of minor wars for the US rather than than two big ones under Bush. Obama tried to pull back from the anti-Islam sentiment, he hasn't done much with Russia either.

The right might want more war, it seems to be their thing, however they've got the "War on Terror" and ISIS to keep the people in their place and spend more and more money on the military. They don't need Russia.

In Syria the US bombed some Syrian forces. The Russian decided they had to have revenge for this act which appeared to either be a mistake, or someone duped the US into it. The Russians then went and attacks aid workers, killing them. I mean, seriously.

Why is Russia aiding Assad? It would see that any guy the US hates, is a friend of Putin's, so he went in to piss the US off. He knew he could get away with it, playing with people's lives because he doesn't care.

You apparently have a tenuous grasp of the geopolitical and an affinity for tired cliches.
What you are really saying is that you do not like what I said but you have no insight with which to debate against it.

What you are really saying is that you do not like what I said but you have no insight with which to debate against it.
Wrong. I was pretty much saying you're an idiot. I suppose I should start being a little less diplomatic and a little more direct.

So you agree with me then, that despite what Washington says to the contrary, it's the US that's pushing for war .... not the Russians.

No, I don't agree with you. The US isn't pushing for war with Russia at all. The left don't particularly want war. Hence why in the last 8 years there has only been a start of minor wars for the US rather than than two big ones under Bush. Obama tried to pull back from the anti-Islam sentiment, he hasn't done much with Russia either.

The right might want more war, it seems to be their thing, however they've got the "War on Terror" and ISIS to keep the people in their place and spend more and more money on the military. They don't need Russia.

In Syria the US bombed some Syrian forces. The Russian decided they had to have revenge for this act which appeared to either be a mistake, or someone duped the US into it. The Russians then went and attacks aid workers, killing them. I mean, seriously.

Why is Russia aiding Assad? It would see that any guy the US hates, is a friend of Putin's, so he went in to piss the US off. He knew he could get away with it, playing with people's lives because he doesn't care.
I think you've been misinformed about the situation in Syria. I see this immediately when you say that the US is fighting a "War on Terror and ISIS".

Whatever happens, we must stand by the Anglosphere, and fight.
Not me. I went to war as a teenager on those very principles and ended upon the side of the "Bad Guys". If the shit does hit the fan, this time I'm a-gonna' emigrate in an easterly direction.
That's a bit extremist don't you think?
"Extremest"? How many wars have you been to? I have been to 4. One as a combatant (on the side of the" bad guys") and 3 otherwise as a neutral with convictions. If I am going to die I at least want to be on the side of the "good guys".
Do not contradict me.

I think you've been misinformed about the situation in Syria. I see this immediately when you say that the US is fighting a "War on Terror and ISIS".

I think you don't understand what I mean.

The "War on Terror" was Bush's war, or better said the Right's war. It was a war which targets an enemy the western countries could get behind, something the people could fear. After the end of the Cold War the US needed someone to be their enemy. Russia was weak, Bush tried it on with China a little, but then 9/11 happened and he promoted this "War on Terror" so much. There's a chance that in Iraq he didn't fill the political vacuum in order to grow Islamic extremism so the US could fight it for a long time.

ISIS is a product of this, and the Right uses ISIS as a way of making fear in the people, so they're more accepting of rigid laws and having their rights infringed upon.

We essentially invaded Syria, when we did a job France wanted to do badly. It was ALL OVER when we first flew air support for the lawless rebels and when we put our boots on the ground in Libya.

I rather disagree, Russia , Iran and Syria are allies, everyone needs allies. Turkey wanted to by bypass Russia's natural gas, preferring Qatar, and Assad wont allow Qatar's gas line , and Israel wants to expand in Syria and get rid of Hezbollah and take down Iran. Israel already has farms and beef ranches in the Golan Heights, and also has been drilling for oil.

I rather disagree, Russia , Iran and Syria are allies, everyone needs allies. Turkey wanted to by bypass Russia's natural gas, preferring Qatar, and Assad wont allow Qatar's gas line , and Israel wants to expand in Syria and get rid of Hezbollah and take down Iran. Israel already has farms and beef ranches in the Golan Heights, and also has been drilling for oil.

Yeah, they're allies. Why does Russia need Syria as an ally?

But that doesn't mean that there are only two sides. There are more. ISIS isn't with the US or Syria.

Like some Americans presidents and Russian leaders before him, Vladimir Putin is quick to use the military to push their weight around.

Yeah, they're allies. Why does Russia need Syria as an ally?

But that doesn't mean that there are only two sides. There are more. ISIS isn't with the US or Syria.
Why does Russia need Syria as an ally?
Who is anyone to question whom Russia is in alignment with? The two nations have historical ties and at the present the Assad government is the only thing preventing ISIS from building a salafist principality in Syria, which is very much a threat to Russia. And what business is it of the US who governs the sovereign state of Syria anyway?

Like some Americans presidents and Russian leaders before him, Vladimir Putin is quick to use the military to push their weight around.
I really do not see this. Yes, Putin has built up his military, but it is nowhere near what it was during the USSR era. Does he want his military to be that big again? You probably think so. I don't know.

Anyway, I don't see Russia (or Putin) as being 'quick' to use the military in any strategic fashion, at least I do not see Russian military on the line of scrimmage. Putin's greatest strength is intelligence and tactics á la chessboard. The man is several moves ahead of the Whine House and the Pentagram. The US is still carrying a big stick while Russia is sizing up the texture of the turf on the battle field to see where the big stick will land ..... and if it will bounce away, unable to strike again.

Forum List

Back