Russia bans extremist religious group

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest in a long list.

I repeat:

Even in the Far Leftists Dream Utopia Fidel Castro's Cuba, along with Fidel Castro's Cuba's treatment of Homosexuals, of course when Castro died the MSM were praising him as a Great Man, they conveniently didn't mention his persecution and imprisonment of various groups of people the Cuban Communist Party didn't like....Homosexuals and Jehovah's Witnesses were considered "social deviants"

Cuba [edit]

See also: Military Units to Aid Production and Human rights in Cuba

"Under Fidel Castro's communist regime, Jehovah's Witnesses were considered "social deviants", along with homosexuals, vagrants, and other groups, and were sent to forced labor concentration camps to be "reeducated".[8] On July 1, 1974 the group was officially banned and their "churches" closed. Following the ban members who refused military service were imprisoned for sentences of three years and it was reported that members were also imprisoned because of their children's refusal to salute the flag.[9]"

Persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses - Wikipedia

Yeah we're all about human rights.

Who?

Murka.

Are you a Bot?

You never are able to elaborate about things, it's always one line or one word response.
Now you know better than that hon, c'mon.

There are more important issues than what happens to Jehovah Witnesses, only the feeble minded worry about such trivial issues.

More important are the North Korean situation and also Turkey now on the verge of becoming an Islamic Dictatorship with the psychopath Erdogan consolidating Dictatorial powers while at the same time unfortunately being a member of NATO, all types of trouble ahead with Turkey.

Russia court outlaws 'extremist' Jehovah's Witnesses - BBC News

FFS - Jehovas ??

No doubt the authoritarians on here will approve.
Commies hate religion, except the religion of statism.

Hitler also despised Jehovah's.

Are you a Bot?

You never are able to elaborate about things, it's always one line or one word response.

There are more important issues than what happens to Jehovah Witnesses, only the feeble minded worry about such trivial issues.

More important are the North Korean situation and also Turkey now on the verge of becoming an Islamic Dictatorship with the psychopath Erdogan consolidating Dictatorial powers while at the same time unfortunately being a member of NATO, all types of trouble ahead with Turkey.
Its possible to be concerned about more than one thing.

FFS - Jehovas ??

Also during the First War and the Second War America and Canada both put a lot of Jehovah Witnesses in Internment Camps, I think also the British put Jehovah Witnesses in Internment Camps.

The persecution of Jehovah Witnesses continued throughout most of The Cold War period also.

"During World War I Jehovah's Witnesses were targeted because of their anti-war attitudes and refusal to take part in military service. Rather than being banned directly, Jehovah’s Witnesses had to deal with censorship of their literature during the war and the court’s refusal to recognize them as a legitimate religion, thus rendering unable to claim the status of conscientious objectors.

- Snip -

In his book State and Salvation, William Kaplan wrote:

In July 1940 the government of Canada banned the Jehovah's Witnesses. Overnight it became illegal to be a member of this sect. The law, passed under the War Measures Act, was vigorously enforced. Beatings, mob action, police persecution, and state prosecution confronted the Jehovah's Witnesses as they ignored the ban and continued to go about their work spreading the word of God... The struggle was bitter indeed. Jehovah's Witness children who refused to sing the national anthem and salute the flag during patriotic exercises in public schools were often expelled from class, and in a few cases, removed from their parents' care and placed in foster homes and juvenile detention centres. Men of military service age who refused to fight spent the war trying to get out of alternative service camps established across Canada for conscientious objectors. Jehovah's Witness spent a good deal of time in the courts during the war years; they challenged government policies with which they disagreed, and were arrested in the hundreds and charged with being members of an illegal group."

Persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in Canada - Wikipedia

Persecution of Jehovah's Witnesses in the United States - Wikipedia

FFS - Jehovas ??

Are you a Bot?

Yes but you are not, you have a one track mind it's all Russia and Putin.

You have made no comments in any threads about North Korea or Turkey and Erdogan etc.

well , as Jehovah has told them , you will be hurt , hated and persecuted and then the end will come .

FFS - Jehovas ??

Are you a Bot?

You have made no comments in any threads about North Korea or Turkey and Erdogan etc.
You can have my views on those at any time. But this is a thread on Putins oppression of Jehovas. Do you approve ?

FFS - Jehovas ??

Are you a Bot?

Why not start a thread about Singapore imprisoning Jehovah Witnesses?

Imprisoned for Their Faith

Singapore Imprisons Jehovah’s Witnesses for Their Faith

FFS - Jehovas ??

Are you a Bot?

You can have my views on those at any time. But this is a thread on Putins oppression of Jehovas. Do you approve ?

The situation is that Russia are not unique in the opposition to Jehovah Witnesses, which is why I have been posting about the long list of nations who have also been opposed to Jehovah Witnesses.

FFS - Jehovas ??

Are you a Bot?

Why dont you? I would back you on that.
So I am guessing that you condemn oppression of Russian Jehovas ?

FFS - Jehovas ??

The situation is that Russia are not unique in the opposition to Jehovah Witnesses, which is why I have been posting about the long list of nations who have also been opposed to Jehovah Witnesses.
So will you condemn Putin ?

FFS - Jehovas ??

Are you a Bot?

We also have Eritrea.

Twenty Years of Imprisonment in Eritrea—Will It Ever End?

"Twenty years ago, Eritrean authorities arrested three young men and detained them in harsh conditions in the Sawa prison camp, where they remain until this day. They have never been charged with a crime, nor have they been given the opportunity to defend themselves in a court of law. Why have they been unjustly imprisoned?"

- Snip -

Other Witnesses imprisoned in harsh conditions

"It is in Eritrea, more than anywhere else in the world, that Jehovah’s Witnesses experience the most intense persecution. As of this writing, 73 Witnesses are in prison, including women, children, and the elderly. Many have endured under harsh desert conditions, lacking a balanced diet and sufficient water and being mistreated by prison officials. Three other Witness men have been imprisoned for more than ten years in the Sawa camp, but Paulos, Negede, and Isaac have been in detention the longest of any other Witnesses in Eritrea."

Twenty Years of Unjust Imprisonment in Eritrea—Will It Ever End?

Why are you singling out Putin?

Why don't you go and chain yourself to the gates of the Russian Embassy to protest about the Jehovah Witnesses.

FFS - Jehovas ??

Are you a Bot?

As a Christian I have already stated in this thread in my first post that the beliefs of the Jehovah Witnesses are Heretical, does that mean I suggest throwing them in prison? No. Does that mean that I don't think they should be allowed to preach their Heresy and advocate that people shouldn't be allowed to have blood transfusions or life saving medical treatment? Yes.

FFS - Jehovas ??

As a Christian I have already stated in this thread in my first post that the beliefs of the Jehovah Witnesses are Heretical, does that mean I suggest throwing them in prison? No. Does that mean that I don't think they should be allowed to preach their Heresy and advocate that people shouldn't be allowed to have blood transfusions or life saving medical treatment? Yes.
So do you condemn Putin ?

This is of course a picture of your bed, you have a thing for Putin.

putin-bed-sheets1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back