Rush Reports Zimmerman Arrested again

[

That has been my thought too--just something surreal and unbelievable about all that. But again we can only speculate and react to our gut responses without having any way to know for sure.

I do know I am sick of seeing George Zimmerman on the front pages. I just don't see what he has done to merit that kind of notoriety and attention.

He's exposed the gun nut culture for what it is.

You guys adopted him, now you own him.

Good op ed.

Who was the real thug - Trayvon Martin or George Zimmerman? | Dallas Morning News

Some conservative readers even chastised me for referring to him as a child or a boy, though at 17, he was legally both.

One woman forwarded a chain email depicting a tough-looking, light-skinned African-American man with tattoos on his face. It was headlined: “The Real Trayvon Martin,” which it wasn’t. It was actually a then-32-year-old rapper who calls himself The Game. But the message was clear: Trayvon was a scary black man who deserved what he got.

I sent that woman an image of Trayvon from the Zimmerman trial. It shows him lying open-eyed and dead on the grass. “This is the real Trayvon,” I wrote.

It was a waste of time. “They’re both pictures of Trayvon,” she insisted. So deeply, bizarrely invested was she in the idea of Trayvon as thug that she could not distinguish between a fair-skinned man with tattoos and a brown boy with no visible markings. Literally, they all look alike to her.

And once again, a conservative movement that argues with airy assurance that American racism died long ago, disproves its thesis with its actions.

Here, someone wants it pointed out that Trayvon Martin was no an angel. Well, he wasn’t. He took pictures flipping the bird. He used marijuana. He was suspended from school at the time of his shooting. Obviously, he needed guidance. The same is true of many boys. Indeed, it is rumored that there are even white children who use marijuana.

Yes, it is so rumored. Shocking, I know.

That has been my thought too--just something surreal and unbelievable about all that. But again we can only speculate and react to our gut responses without having any way to know for sure.

I do know I am sick of seeing George Zimmerman on the front pages. I just don't see what he has done to merit that kind of notoriety and attention.

He's exposed the gun nut culture for what it is.

You guys adopted him, now you own him.

So ... he was convicted already? Damn. No more NRA for me.

Less than a week after he requested to be declared indigent, citing millions in debts, George Zimmerman swapped his public defender in his domestic violence case for a private attorney, his former lawyer confirmed.

Zimmerman was represented by the 18th Judicial Circuit Public Defender's Office during a court appearance on Tuesday, the day after his domestic violence arrest. He was granted $9,000 bail and bonded out that day.

However, Zimmerman has now elected to drop the Public Defender's Office and hire a south Florida private criminal defense attorney, Jayne Weintraub, to represent him, said his former public defender, Jeff Dowdy.

Meanwhile, in a new motion, Zimmerman asks for the return of several items seized by police which he says are "not related to the [domestic violence] charges in any way and are not considered evidence" in the case.

Those items: An Apple iPhone, a Blackberry cell phone, a small hand-held flashlight and a pocket knife. The motion was filed by a colleague of Dowdy's, apparently before Zimmerman switched to the private lawyer.

New dude is probably pro bono. But if he's that broke, he should sell his toys. Right?

George Zimmerman drops public defender, hires Miami lawyer - Orlando Sentinel

WPEC-TV CBS12 News :: News - Top Stories - George Zimmerman hires high-profile South Florida defense lawyer in aggravated assault case

Maybe he didn't choose well.

As Bob Kealing tells us, some legal analysts are questioning Zimmerman's new hire.

"It really boggles the mind."

WESH 2 legal analyst Richard Hornsby says it appears George Zimmerman has chosen south Florida defense attorney Jayne Weintraub because of her high profile on cable television.

And not on whether she's the best person to defend him on charges which carry the potential of minimum mandatory prison time.

"I have a feeling George Zimmerman is approaching this from the standpoint that he is a celebrity and he needs some type of a lawyer that has the same cachet, if you will, that he has," Hornsby said. "He had sort of a distinct advantage when he's talking about the criminal case. He had the right lawyers."

WESH 2 analyst Jeff Deen says the team of public defenders who helped Zimmerman get bond last week, headed up by deputy public defender Jeff Dowdy, had the right combination of experience and local contacts with the judge and prosecutors assigned to the case, to best defend Zimmerman.

"You always want someone local if you can have that," Deen said. "You want to be able to use relationships to represent your clients.

"It really appears that George Zimmerman's making another poor decision in that he's not picking his attorney based upon the factors that are most important in this case."

Rumor has it that Trayvon was hanging with Bigfoot, which has about as much crediblity as the "Knockout Game" hysteria.
I like the one about Trayvon not being a thug!:lol:

Libtards are so amazing in their ability to deny what is obvious around them simply because it violates their ideological preferences.

Martin was a gang banging thug who stupidly assaulted an armed man who shot him dead. Good. Piss on that stupid thug and move on.

Problem is the libtards just hate anyone that escapes their intended obliteration.

So they will step their harrassment up and maintain that harassment till the intended victim self-destructs or runs into similar circumstances that the libtards will say proves the original guilt.

I for one, do not have anything to say bad about Martin other than I believe that he initiated the violence between himself and George Zimmerman.

Was he some angel? Probably not, but neither was I at that age.

I don't see why we need to vilify him - he lost his cool and paid with his life and yes, he was just a kid.

R.I.P.

I for one, do not have anything to say bad about Martin other than I believe that he initiated the violence between himself and George Zimmerman.

I don't see why we need to vilify him - he lost his cool and paid with his life and yes, he was just a kid.

R.I.P.
If you think it's somehow incorrect to call him a thug, so be it. He was and he paid for it. RIP

R.I.P.

"Lost his cool", lol. You almost make attacking a stranger seem normal, as though every teenager engages in such activities, almost.

Rumor has it that Trayvon was hanging with Bigfoot, which has about as much crediblity as the "Knockout Game" hysteria.

Libtards are so amazing in their ability to deny what is obvious around them simply because it violates their ideological preferences.

Martin was a gang banging thug who stupidly assaulted an armed man who shot him dead. Good. Piss on that stupid thug and move on.

Problem is the libtards just hate anyone that escapes their intended obliteration.

So they will step their harrassment up and maintain that harassment till the intended victim self-destructs or runs into similar circumstances that the libtards will say proves the original guilt.

So you are saying his girlfriend and his wife are in on the plot to make him look bad?

Was Martin's membership in a gang ever proven? The only thing I think they managed to prove is that he was a 17 year old boy. Did you all forget how much trouble you got into when you were 17? Most of us did.

So you are saying his girlfriend and his wife are in on the plot to make him look bad?

Was Martin's membership in a gang ever proven? The only thing I think they managed to prove is that he was a 17 year old boy. Did you all forget how much trouble you got into when you were 17? Most of us did.

His wife is making good coin telling her "story" over and over on ABC.

And his girlfriend and her mother were trying to peddle her "story" to the media for 2 days before she called the cops.

Yup. It's all them. GZ, pure as the driven snow.

Same as it ever was.

Forum List

Back