Rush Makes His Case

Actually since Jesse Macbeth was a liar and a phony how you can then equate saying that people like him are real soldiers is the amazing part. Let's recap Jesse Macbeth was thrown out of the army before he ever finished boot camp, he lied about being a ranger, serving in Iraq and witnessing autrocities. Anyone LIKE him would by definition NOT be a soldier that DID serve in Iraq.

But hey continue with the moronic claims he meant real soldiers when he POINTEDY used the word PHONY in relation to, well PHONY soldiers. You know people that never SERVED.

The whole point is that he is using the term incorrectly to apply to troops who are obviously NOT phony...they just disagree with Rushs, and your politics. Your argument is obviously circular. You are basically assuming what you want to prove, that when he said phony he meant individuals like Macbeth.

But here...I'll use some of your logic, just for fun.

Continue with the moronic claims he meant Jesse Macbeth, when he POINTEDY used the word SOLDIERS in relation to, well SOLDIERS. You know...people who are IN THE US MILITARY.

Somehow I bet you can spot the flaw in that argument. You only seem to be able to recongize flawed reasoning when its against something you believe.

Taken out of context and simply not meant as you claim. Rush was talking about NON soldiers that LIE about service and misdeeds. It is clear from what he said and what he was talking about. But do keep playing.

Taken out of context? He posted 10 lines or so...how much fucking context do you need?

And re-asserting your previous assertion which Shogun just showed to be ridiculous isn't exactly very good evidence for your position.

The whole point is that he is using the term incorrectly to apply to troops who are obviously NOT phony...they just disagree with Rushs, and your politics. Your argument is obviously circular. You are basically assuming what you want to prove, that when he said phony he meant individuals like Macbeth.

But here...I'll use some of your logic, just for fun.

Continue with the moronic claims he meant Jesse Macbeth, when he POINTEDY used the word SOLDIERS in relation to, well SOLDIERS. You know...people who are IN THE US MILITARY.

Somehow I bet you can spot the flaw in that argument. You only seem to be able to recongize flawed reasoning when its against something you believe.

He was talking about phony soldiers, people that pretend to be soldiers but are not. He was clear what the term meant when he described the term as meaning A KNOWN phony. But do pretend otherwise, I mean it must suck to have been shit on by the Betray us add and the aftermath of that screw up.

Thats bullshit, RGS. I've posted the exact exchange.

LIMBAUGH: They joined to be in Iraq. They joined --

CALLER 2: A lot of them -- the new kids, yeah.

He's not talking about Jesse Mcbeth. He's talking about enlisted soldiers IN IRAQ. NOT those people who lied about being an Army Ranger. That was ONE DUDE and not a PLURAL DEMOGRAPHIC among, like it or not, LEGITIMATE SOLDIERS.

but feel free to use words like Moronic if you can't, as a reasonable person, back up your assertion with logic. It won't be clearly indicative of anything.

Maybe you need to continue on reading the transcript...explaining WHO these 'phony soldiers' are he was referring to....
---------------
Rush:
"Here is a Morning Update that we did recently, talking about fake soldiers. This is a story of who the left props up as heroes. They have their celebrities and one of them was Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth. Now, he was a "corporal." I say in quotes. Twenty-three years old. What made Jesse Macbeth a hero to the anti-war crowd wasn't his Purple Heart; it wasn't his being affiliated with post-traumatic stress disorder from tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. No. What made Jesse Macbeth, Army Ranger, a hero to the left was his courage, in their view, off the battlefield, without regard to consequences. He told the world the abuses he had witnessed in Iraq, American soldiers killing unarmed civilians, hundreds of men, women, even children. In one gruesome account, translated into Arabic and spread widely across the Internet, Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth describes the horrors this way: "We would burn their bodies. We would hang their bodies from the rafters in the mosque."

Now, recently, Jesse Macbeth, poster boy for the anti-war left, had his day in court. And you know what? He was sentenced to five months in jail and three years probation for falsifying a Department of Veterans Affairs claim and his Army discharge record. He was in the Army. Jesse Macbeth was in the Army, folks, briefly. Forty-four days before he washed out of boot camp. Jesse Macbeth isn't an Army Ranger, never was. He isn't a corporal, never was. He never won the Purple Heart, and he was never in combat to witness the horrors he claimed to have seen. You probably haven't even heard about this. And, if you have, you haven't heard much about it. This doesn't fit the narrative and the template in the Drive-By Media and the Democrat Party as to who is a genuine war hero. Don't look for any retractions, by the way. Not from the anti-war left, the anti-military Drive-By Media, or the Arabic websites that spread Jesse Macbeth's lies about our troops, because the truth for the left is fiction that serves their purpose."

He was talking about phony soldiers, people that pretend to be soldiers but are not. He was clear what the term meant when he described the term as meaning A KNOWN phony.

When he tried to weasel out of it later you mean?

But do pretend otherwise, I mean it must suck to have been shit on by the Betray us add and the aftermath of that screw up.

You really want to play this game? Yes...lets talk about which political party is fucking up nowadays.

Hmm, lets see. 5 Republican Senators aren't running for re-election. One recently plead guilty to soliciting sex in a bathroom. Your boy Haggert solicitcs Gay Prostitutes. And who can forget your boy Mark Foley. Awesome track record for the party of family values. Oh yes, why don't we talk about fundraising numbers. How much have the Republicans raised vs. the Democrats? Which party is responsible for the FUBAR situation in Iraq? Which party tried to pass amnesty for Illegals? Just vetoed the wildly popular CHIP program? The approval ratings for the head of your party? Three "major" candidates none of whom a HUGE and important voting bloc in your party is happy with?

Oh right...but the Democrats suck because a lefty group called Petrayus "Betray us". Oh...well then I guess we are even, right?

Okay. I read the posts and the transcript and I understand that it could be interpreted either way. Perhaps Rush intended to say and did say that phony solders are merely those soldiers that lie. Perhaps Rush intended to say but did not say that phony soldiers are merely those soldiers that lie. Perhaps Rush intended to say and did say that phony soldiers are those that went to Iraq but criticize the war. Perhaps Rush intended to say but did not say that phony soldiers are those that went to Iraq but criticize the war. Perhaps Rush implied one thing or the other. Perhaps you interpreted it one-way or the other. I can see how it can be interpreted or misinterpreted to fit one’s bias. Rush clarified his statement (according to some people) or retreated and backpedaled (according to other people). I doubt that we will ever know the truth. Can’t we give it a rest now?

talking about fake soldiers. This is a story of who the left props up as heroes. They have their celebrities and one of them was Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth.

There is no ambiguity in this remark at all...the left seems to think 'soldiers' as compared to 'soldier' is somehow meaningful.....its not....

Its only the hacks from the mm school of reading comprehension that try to spin this crap.....

Taken out of context and simply not meant as you claim. Rush was talking about NON soldiers that LIE about service and misdeeds. It is clear from what he said and what he was talking about. But do keep playing.

obviously, It's NOT clear.

but, feel free to keep dodging.

Im sure if you call me a fucking idiot your point will be proven.

Maybe you need to continue on reading the transcript...explaining WHO these 'phony soldiers' are he was referring to....
---------------
Rush:
"Here is a Morning Update that we did recently, talking about fake soldiers. This is a story of who the left props up as heroes. They have their celebrities and one of them was Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth. Now, he was a "corporal." I say in quotes. Twenty-three years old. What made Jesse Macbeth a hero to the anti-war crowd wasn't his Purple Heart; it wasn't his being affiliated with post-traumatic stress disorder from tours in Afghanistan and Iraq. No. What made Jesse Macbeth, Army Ranger, a hero to the left was his courage, in their view, off the battlefield, without regard to consequences. He told the world the abuses he had witnessed in Iraq, American soldiers killing unarmed civilians, hundreds of men, women, even children. In one gruesome account, translated into Arabic and spread widely across the Internet, Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth describes the horrors this way: "We would burn their bodies. We would hang their bodies from the rafters in the mosque."

Now, recently, Jesse Macbeth, poster boy for the anti-war left, had his day in court. And you know what? He was sentenced to five months in jail and three years probation for falsifying a Department of Veterans Affairs claim and his Army discharge record. He was in the Army. Jesse Macbeth was in the Army, folks, briefly. Forty-four days before he washed out of boot camp. Jesse Macbeth isn't an Army Ranger, never was. He isn't a corporal, never was. He never won the Purple Heart, and he was never in combat to witness the horrors he claimed to have seen. You probably haven't even heard about this. And, if you have, you haven't heard much about it. This doesn't fit the narrative and the template in the Drive-By Media and the Democrat Party as to who is a genuine war hero. Don't look for any retractions, by the way. Not from the anti-war left, the anti-military Drive-By Media, or the Arabic websites that spread Jesse Macbeth's lies about our troops, because the truth for the left is fiction that serves their purpose."

Hey, nothing says CLARIFICATION like a little monday morning turd polishing. Did you give Murtha this much berth to clear up his statements?

talking about fake soldiers. This is a story of who the left props up as heroes. They have their celebrities and one of them was Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth.

There is no ambiguity in this remark at all...the left seems to think 'soldiers' as compared to 'soldier' is somehow meaningful.....its not....

Its only the hacks from the mm school of reading comprehension that try to spin this crap.....

Indeed, of COURSE the Plural of the word soldier OBVIOUSLY doesn't imply more than jesse macbeth...

of COURSE.

Why won't any of you who are so convinced provide the exact part of the original transcript that proves your opinion?

I guess it's easier just to generalize evil liberals instead....

par for the course with some of you.

Hey, nothing says CLARIFICATION like a little monday morning turd polishing. Did you give Murtha this much berth to clear up his statements?

If it was Monday morning QB'ing , you might have a point...its not ....its part of the original days transcript to my knowledge.....and yeah...it is clear to those of us that can read clearly....
You say:

"Rush was talking about NON soldiers that LIE about service and misdeeds. It is clear from what he said and what he was talking about."

Of course NON soldiers are "phony soldiers"...is that too much of a strain for pinhead logic......
and he clearly said...."one of them was Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth.", which implys Rush may think there are more .....their were others during VNam era that were part of the anti-war crowd and lied about being in the service or just lied about being in VeitNam ....so...thats all ya got.....slim to nothing..

As for Murtha...he has yet to explain the anti-troop crap that came out his mouth

No...I'm done....its a waste of my time to argue with dimwits that will smear and slim anyone for no reason or convoluted reasons that defy the truth...
Rush can take care of himself....

So you leave the field of battle to your enemy because you don't like his tactics?

If it was Monday morning QB'ing , you might have a point...its not ....its part of the original days transcript to my knowledge.....and yeah...it is clear to those of us that can read clearly....
You say:

"Rush was talking about NON soldiers that LIE about service and misdeeds. It is clear from what he said and what he was talking about."

Of course NON soldiers are "phony soldiers"...is that too much of a strain for pinhead logic......
and he clearly said...."one of them was Army Ranger Jesse Macbeth.", which implys Rush may think there are more .....their were others during VNam era that were part of the anti-war crowd and lied about being in the service or just lied about being in VeitNam ....so...thats all ya got.....slim to nothing..

As for Murtha...he has yet to explain the anti-troop crap that came out his mouth

Indeed, you simply refuse to acknowledge that the criteria from the dialog hinges on criticism of the war, don't you?

Hell, I should have known you were correct after you whipped out jargon like pinhead!

Hell, at least theres a dem to apply the same criticism you complain about here. Funny how that seems to always work out that way, eh? It's probably not some partisan walking stick or anything.

I've posted EXACTLY what I have a question about, kitty...

I take it you lack the testicular fortitude to do the same?

I hear calling me a pinhead or moron will prove your opinion without the burden of evidence.. You might give that a whirl, i guess.

Looks like the criteria of what you would call a "rational" conclusion pretty much amounts to one way criticism of anything dem while making every last effort to give your side the benefit of the doubt.

I promise you.. It's not obvious what your motivation is.

Anyone with half a brain can easily see that the conversation was about people LIKE Jesse, Rush made sure to point it out in the supposed conversation where you claim he sullied real soldiers. The only way you get to the point that he was talking about real soldiers is if you disconnect your ability to read, hear and comprehend the spoken and written word. Well it helps when leftoid boobs only post small pieces of the program segment.

Forum List

Back