Rush Makes His Case

Actually, I do believe the insults started when you stuck your pathetic nose in.

Did you think your being sick would make me think you're any less a fuckwit?

Like I said, it's your head that's sick. I wish your body a speedy recovery. Your brain, however, could use a transplant.

Oh, so now posting facts in now insults. I started this thread dear, so how did I sick my "pathetic nose" in?

Meadia matters is nothing but a left wing smear site - and guess who helped start it?

Hillary Clinton Told YearlyKos Convention She Helped Start Media Matters
By Noel Sheppard | October 1, 2007 - 18:00 ET

As NewsBusters reported Sunday, the leftwing organization responsible for the recent smear campaigns against Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly, Media Matters, has direct ties to the Clintons.

To be sure, folks on the left, and in the media that support them, will either deny this connection, or ignore it.

In the end, that's going to be hard to do, for on August 4, while speaking at the YearlyKos convention in Chicago, the junior senator from New York boasted of "institutions that I helped to start and support like Media Matters and Center for American Progress."

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...rlykos-convention-she-helped-start-media-matt

hold on, dude... I was quoting RGS at the top so you might want to holster that rep... I tried to color his quote but it didnt come through.. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Truthfully, I don't give the first rats ass about this non-issue. Let Rush do as Rush does. I don't care. I was curious how RGS came to this conclusion because, to me, it does seem that he was validating the callers suggestion that the REAL soldiers are all uniformly glad to be serving in Iraq while soldiers who convey otherwise are not REAL... and then Rush mentions Phony.

Like I said.. I don't care. It's sad when the news becomes a pissing match between the personalities who are supposed to be handing out the news. I've been soured on Olberman because of his worthless commentary on Oreilly. Let Keith, Bill, Rush, Sean and anyone else with an opinion say what they want to. It must be a boring day in DC when this is the kind of shit people get bent out of shape about. Pouncing on shit like this doesn't help reduce Gothcha Politics.

anyway, sorry for the misunderstanding, dude.

No problem. You posted kind words about me on another thread. and I owe you rep for that.

This is a non issue. Rush did not smear the troops, but when the real smears come from the left, libs like Jilly are silent (or go into defense lawyer mode)

No problem. You posted kind words about me on another thread. and I owe you rep for that.

This is a non issue. Rush did not smear the troops, but when the real smears come from the left, libs like Jilly are silent (or go into defense lawyer mode)

You should stop referring to Jillian as "dear" or "jilly." It comes across as a bit sexist and patronizing. She is not a little girl. She is the woman who regularly makes you look like an ass.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

P.S. I hope you are feeling well. Best wishes.

You should stop referring to Jillian as "dear" or "jilly." It comes across as a bit sexist and patronizing. She is not a little girl. She is the woman who regularly makes you look like an ass.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

P.S. I hope you are feeling well. Best wishes.

You should go abck and read her post and read what she has called me in the past.

If you find my posts sexist and patronizing, I wonder what you would call hers

I am feeling OK today. Thank you for asking my friend

absolutely not. I don't think that anyone should slam a veteran and demean his service simply because the veteran disagrees with him...and I don't think that the mere possession of combat experience or fruit salad gives a vet the right to slam another vet simply because of a disagreement.

I also don't believe that anyone should be precluded from criticizing the administration for inappropriate use of military assets, nor from criticizing military personnel who act in inappropriate ways.... out of some misplaced deference to anyone who wore or wears the uniform.

Good. Then those who criticize Murtha are not necessarily doing anything wrong by the standards you set. Their length of service, total amount of decorations for valor or number of combat tours are irrelevant.

So slamming Murtha for publicly convicting Marines without benefit of trial is fair game.

Murtha, Kery, Durbin, Reid, and Kennedy all have slimed the troops - and given a pass by the kook left and liberal media

a blatant hypocritical double standard, if you ask me.:badgrin:

something that Libs have perfected. Did Bill Clinton serve in the military?
Hmmmm.

anyway, I read the transcript and Rush did not smear any troops, it was a conversation where his words were taken out of context.

that seems looks like an opinion to me.

Care to elaborate or shall we hide behind some shit talking?

ive read and posted exactly what I have a question with. Perhaps you'd like to tackle that tiger?

It was pretty obvious to me that Rush was referring to people like Jesse Macbeth. Then again, I'm a far-Right shill.

To the left, after such embarressment as the Moveon.org debacle any excuse is a good one. They have the willing support of the press so have little reason to think their idiotic claims won't get heard over and over.

Hey, I specifically asked you a question, RGS, about how you came to your conclusion.

AND I specifically highlightes the portion of the actual exchance that I am curious to see where you draw your conclusions.

I guess we can sit here chest thump a teammate and generalize another liberal if it makes your dogdick stick out but Im still waiting...

Until you care to explain your logic beyond "it's clear yadda yadda" or "liberals just blah blah blah" the shit talking posts means two things.

The first one is Jack. Can you guess what the second is?

It was pretty obvious to me that Rush was referring to people like Jesse Macbeth. Then again, I'm a far-Right shill.

Ca you show me his exact words that bring yu to this conslusion in that exact exchange? It's pretty obvious to others that "people like jesse macbeth" means any soldier that isnt gung fucking ho about the iraq war on par with William Kristol's wet dream..

Ca you show me his exact words that bring yu to this conslusion in that exact exchange?

His use of the word "phony."

It's pretty obvious to others that "people like jesse macbeth" means any soldier that isnt gung fucking ho about the iraq war on par with William Kristol's wet dream..

strawmansj2.jpg

indeed, his use of that very word which he used to validate the idea that REAL (see below) soldiers WANT to be in Iraq while PHONY soldiers don't.

CALLER 2: Yeah, and, you know what --

LIMBAUGH: "Save the -- keep the troops safe" or whatever. I -- it's not possible, intellectually, to follow these people.

CALLER 2: No, it's not, and what's really funny is, they never talk to real soldiers. They like to pull these soldiers that come up out of the blue and talk to the media.

LIMBAUGH: The phony soldiers.

CALLER 2: The phony soldiers. If you talk to a real soldier, they are proud to serve. They want to be over in Iraq. They understand their sacrifice, and they're willing to sacrifice for their country.

LIMBAUGH: They joined to be in Iraq. They joined --

CALLER 2: A lot of them -- the new kids, yeah.

LIMBAUGH: Well, you know where you're going these days, the last four years, if you signed up. The odds are you're going there or Afghanistan or somewhere.

ok.. point by point. Can you see where the distinction between phony and real has been insinuated based on the soldiers political view of the war? Validated by Rush's use of the word Phony?

Even if you don't agree that this is what Rush intended can you at least acknowledge that it's not a giant leap to interpret his words in such a manner considering his standard practice and position in American politics? It's not like he is a lightening rod for inclusive, middle of the road politics.

btw.. I wasnt trying to be hostile or toss out strawmen. I thought using krystol as an example would indicate what side of the spectrum was implied when seperating REAL soldiers from PHONY soldiers. Krystol is one of the last standing figures that were hawking this war. Personally, again, I don't really care about this non-issue. To me, this is as silly as the flag pin thread. BUT, I was curious how RGS came to his conclusion. I think that reasonable people can either back up their assertions or admit that they were just having a little shit talking fun. I think I've posted a clear reason why some took his words as a slight against a certain demographic of soldiers. If true, his words are as unfair as the left assuming that soldiers are killers when civilians die in a war zone. We see how the right pounced on Murtha despite some of the stories coming to the surface lately. It's another round of gotcha politics. If im wrong and you can show me why then I will admit to being wrong. But, i'm not slighting your perspective just because of your affiliation. I want to know how your logic comes to a different conclusion than mine.

Also, notice the PLURAL nature of the comment. This doesn't seem to be in referance to one guy, one example, etc. but rather many soldiers... which, seems to me to be a dead give away of intent.

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Ca you show me his exact words that bring yu to this conslusion in that exact exchange? It's pretty obvious to others that "people like jesse macbeth" means any soldier that isnt gung fucking ho about the iraq war on par with William Kristol's wet dream..

Actually since Jesse Macbeth was a liar and a phony how you can then equate saying that people like him are real soldiers is the amazing part. Let's recap Jesse Macbeth was thrown out of the army before he ever finished boot camp, he lied about being a ranger, serving in Iraq and witnessing autrocities. Anyone LIKE him would by definition NOT be a soldier that DID serve in Iraq.

But hey continue with the moronic claims he meant real soldiers when he POINTEDY used the word PHONY in relation to, well PHONY soldiers. You know people that never SERVED.

Thats bullshit, RGS. I've posted the exact exchange.

He's not talking about Jesse Mcbeth. He's talking about enlisted soldiers IN IRAQ. NOT those people who lied about being an Army Ranger. That was ONE DUDE and not a PLURAL DEMOGRAPHIC among, like it or not, LEGITIMATE SOLDIERS.

but feel free to use words like Moronic if you can't, as a reasonable person, back up your assertion with logic. It won't be clearly indicative of anything.

Thats bullshit, RGS. I've posted the exact exchange.

He's not talking about Jesse Mcbeth. He's talking about enlisted soldiers IN IRAQ. NOT those people who lied about being an Army Ranger. That was ONE DUDE and not a PLURAL DEMOGRAPHIC among, like it or not, LEGITIMATE SOLDIERS.

but feel free to use words like Moronic if you can't, as a reasonable person, back up your assertion with logic. It won't be clearly indicative of anything.

Taken out of context and simply not meant as you claim. Rush was talking about NON soldiers that LIE about service and misdeeds. It is clear from what he said and what he was talking about. But do keep playing.

Forum List

Back