Rush Limbaugh returning to Boston’s WRKO

Yes and the spots will be pretty much the same. If you knew anything about the industry you'd know it's very rare an advertiser buys a spot to run only one day. Lots of reasons for that, not the least of which is it's the most expensive way to buy one.

Look, clown, you and I and others know you lied in your first post about the PSA's and whatnot. So I'm rather sure you did it again when you recapped yesterday's local spots because that's just the kind of chump you are. It's hell getting caught, isn't it? But worse when you compound it with more b.s.

Can't wait for your next round.

Oh, I didn't realize I hurt your feelings. I know you really, really need to believe Rush is doing just fine....

Daily Kos: The Rush Limbaugh advertiser backlash is knocking down the radio networks

The Rush Limbaugh Show is distributed to 600 radio stations via several radio industry networks. The show is syndicated by privately-held Premiere Networks, which contracts with Cumulus Media, Dial Gobal, and other networks to secure broad access in as many media markets as possible.

On Friday, November 16, Dial Global took a huge financial hit, resulting in the company voluntarily de-listing from NASDAQ. Dial Global's stock dropped by nearly 77 percent. The company identified three causes for its troubles, including "advertisers' response to controversial statements by a certain nationally syndicated talk radio personality in MARCH 2012."

Now, it is becoming apparent that Cumulus is also a troubled company. Dial Gobal appears to be on the ropes; Cumulus is, so far, failing to thrive. Both companies have publicly blamed Rush.

Yes and the spots will be pretty much the same. If you knew anything about the industry you'd know it's very rare an advertiser buys a spot to run only one day. Lots of reasons for that, not the least of which is it's the most expensive way to buy one.

Look, clown, you and I and others know you lied in your first post about the PSA's and whatnot. So I'm rather sure you did it again when you recapped yesterday's local spots because that's just the kind of chump you are. It's hell getting caught, isn't it? But worse when you compound it with more b.s.

Can't wait for your next round.

Oh, I didn't realize I hurt your feelings. I know you really, really need to believe Rush is doing just fine....

Daily Kos: The Rush Limbaugh advertiser backlash is knocking down the radio networks

The Rush Limbaugh Show is distributed to 600 radio stations via several radio industry networks. The show is syndicated by privately-held Premiere Networks, which contracts with Cumulus Media, Dial Gobal, and other networks to secure broad access in as many media markets as possible.

On Friday, November 16, Dial Global took a huge financial hit, resulting in the company voluntarily de-listing from NASDAQ. Dial Global's stock dropped by nearly 77 percent. The company identified three causes for its troubles, including "advertisers' response to controversial statements by a certain nationally syndicated talk radio personality in MARCH 2012."

Now, it is becoming apparent that Cumulus is also a troubled company. Dial Gobal appears to be on the ropes; Cumulus is, so far, failing to thrive. Both companies have publicly blamed Rush.

Gee, I don't have hurt feelings at all. Why should I? You're the one who came in here and lied about the lack of advertisers on Rush's show aired over WLS in Chicago. Remember, only PSA's and self-promos? I called you a liar and you agreed. Then you claimed the spots your heard yesterday were "get-rich quick schemes, Panic Gold Buyers and fly-by-night loan companies," which I figured was you lying again. And now we're coming to the end of the first hour of the show on WLS and not one spot in the above underlined categories you claimed you heard 24 hours ago.

I think the class would agree the hurt feelings are all yours. And silly really since if you lie and make stuff up just to score points it seems to me you should be used to getting your ass kicked now and then.

Gee, I don't have hurt feelings at all. Why should I? You're the one who came in here and lied about the lack of advertisers on Rush's show aired over WLS in Chicago. Remember, only PSA's and self-promos? I called you a liar and you agreed. Then you claimed the spots your heard yesterday were "get-rich quick schemes, Panic Gold Buyers and fly-by-night loan companies," which I figured was you lying again. And now we're coming to the end of the first hour of the show on WLS and not one spot in the above underlined categories you claimed you heard 24 hours ago.

I think the class would agree the hurt feelings are all yours. And silly really since if you lie and make stuff up just to score points it seems to me you should be used to getting your ass kicked now and then.

Whining loudly "That's not true!" isn't winning an argument. I said that when I listened to him for a breif period last week, all I heard were Promos.. Now being a fair guy, I listened for a longer time yesterday, and also heard that he had slimy predatory lenders and fly by night operations... certainly not the kind of advertisers he used to have.

Here's the thing. Limbaugh's going down. Big Corporations are losing money on him, and frankly, he's going to be getting the Howard Beale treatment really soon..

peter-finch-als-howard-beale.jpg

Whining loudly "That's not true!" isn't winning an argument. I said that when I listened to him for a breif period last week, all I heard were Promos.. Now being a fair guy, I listened for a longer time yesterday, and also heard that he had slimy predatory lenders and fly by night operations... certainly not the kind of advertisers he used to have.

Here's the thing. Limbaugh's going down. Big Corporations are losing money on him, and frankly, he's going to be getting the Howard Beale treatment really soon..

peter-finch-als-howard-beale.jpg

Winning the argument as you put it is calling you out for making up b.s. about Rush's advertisers. Your first allegation about nothing but PSA's and station promos was an outright lie. WLS is a radio gold mine of revenue from national and local spots for Rush's and others' shows.

I also listened for two hours yesterday and heard nothing that fits your description of slimy, etc. spots. However, for the sake of argument, if you were correct what difference would it make? Someone you consider fly by night pays the same ad rate as anyone else. Both the station and Rush would make money off the sale of its local spots as well as the big national advertisers, regardless of what you think of their product or service.

Sponsors are buying ads, the money's rolling in, and you can wet dream about Rush disappearing all you want. That you choose to do so somewhat publicly is sort of humorous IMO.

10:25 mark:

The problem is, in today's Republican universe, there are powerful incentives for opinion shapers like Limbaugh not to win elections. Rush Limbaugh did not need Mitt Romney to win in order to have influence, to have clout, and to make money, in fact, he might have more influence, more clout, more prominence, and make more money if Mitt Romney loses. And he is feeding information, creating talking points, and creating sort of the agenda for the party base. And there's this beautiful built-in excuse: it's like a "heads I win, tails you lose" thing for a guy like Limbaugh. You can run an election like this, and Romney can lose, and it can be "Well, Romney wasn't conservative enough." OR you can look at one of those races…where clearly they nominated the most conservative candidate and they still lost, then the excuse is "Well, the sellouts in the party establishment abandoned the pure conservative candidate." So either way you can feed the sense of conservative victimhood, and a guy like Limbaugh can always pit himself against the party establishment, and he…doesn't need to tell the base something that's going to win an election, he needs to tell the base something that's going to make them feel good and make them feel like they're fighting against the powerful, arrogant establishment.​

[

Winning the argument as you put it is calling you out for making up b.s. about Rush's advertisers. Your first allegation about nothing but PSA's and station promos was an outright lie. WLS is a radio gold mine of revenue from national and local spots for Rush's and others' shows.

I also listened for two hours yesterday and heard nothing that fits your description of slimy, etc. spots. However, for the sake of argument, if you were correct what difference would it make? Someone you consider fly by night pays the same ad rate as anyone else. Both the station and Rush would make money off the sale of its local spots as well as the big national advertisers, regardless of what you think of their product or service.

Sponsors are buying ads, the money's rolling in, and you can wet dream about Rush disappearing all you want. That you choose to do so somewhat publicly is sort of humorous IMO.

Actually, WLS has dropped to 10th place in the Chicago Radio Market. And they are looking to Dump Rush.

WLS-AM Releases Jeff Davis; Adds More Traffic & Weather | Chicagoland Radio and Media

WLS-AM's 89th year many be a cause for celebration, but according to insiders at the station, it may also be one of the more turbulent years in its history. In addition to the removal of Jeff Davis yesterday, WLS also parted ways with its highly-regarded President/General Manager Michael Damsky two weeks ago and recently removed the syndicated "Coast To Coast AM" overnight show. Other changes, including the removal of Rush Limbaugh's syndicated midday show and replacing it with Mike Huckabee's syndicated midday show, as well as making sweeping changes to its morning lineup have been long rumored to be coming later this year.

Some of the changes are due to new owner Cumulus Media looking to strengthen itself financially, some are Cumulus making nationwide programming changes, and some are due to WLS-AM's recent slide in ratings and revenue. In the latest Arbitron radio ratings, WLS-AM fell to a tie for 10th place with a 3.8 share for the all ages demographic of 6+, but could only reach a tie for #24 and a 1.6 share for the sought-after demographic of Persons 25-54.

Buh-bye, Rush!

[

Actually, WLS has dropped to 10th place in the Chicago Radio Market. And they are looking to Dump Rush.

WLS-AM Releases Jeff Davis; Adds More Traffic & Weather | Chicagoland Radio and Media

WLS-AM's 89th year many be a cause for celebration, but according to insiders at the station, it may also be one of the more turbulent years in its history. In addition to the removal of Jeff Davis yesterday, WLS also parted ways with its highly-regarded President/General Manager Michael Damsky two weeks ago and recently removed the syndicated "Coast To Coast AM" overnight show. Other changes, including the removal of Rush Limbaugh's syndicated midday show and replacing it with Mike Huckabee's syndicated midday show, as well as making sweeping changes to its morning lineup have been long rumored to be coming later this year.

Some of the changes are due to new owner Cumulus Media looking to strengthen itself financially, some are Cumulus making nationwide programming changes, and some are due to WLS-AM's recent slide in ratings and revenue. In the latest Arbitron radio ratings, WLS-AM fell to a tie for 10th place with a 3.8 share for the all ages demographic of 6+, but could only reach a tie for #24 and a 1.6 share for the sought-after demographic of Persons 25-54.

Buh-bye, Rush!

Makes sense to dump Rush and put Huckabee in his spot as WLS is now owned by Cumulus and Huckabee is one of their air personalities, along with other second, third, etc. tier show hosts. That's the radio industry; popular syndicated air personalities switch stations in markets all the time. So if Cumulus/WLS makes this switch do you actually think another station in the Chicago market won't pick up Rush's show? The number one talk radio host in the country - along with his gushing stream of ad revenue - will pop up on a competing station in Chicago. And then you'll be able to make up stories about them not being able to sell ad spots.

The preceding was yet another Public Service Announcement.

[

Makes sense to dump Rush and put Huckabee in his spot as WLS is now owned by Cumulus and Huckabee is one of their air personalities, along with other second, third, etc. tier show hosts. That's the radio industry; popular syndicated air personalities switch stations in markets all the time. So if Cumulus/WLS makes this switch do you actually think another station in the Chicago market won't pick up Rush's show? The number one talk radio host in the country - along with his gushing stream of ad revenue - will pop up on a competing station in Chicago. And then you'll be able to make up stories about them not being able to sell ad spots.

Actually, WHEN Rush's fat ass is tossed of WLS, he can go to WIND or one of the other stations where they run the also rans who have column on Town Hall no one listens to.. But it would be a step down.

[

Actually, WHEN Rush's fat ass is tossed of WLS, he can go to WIND or one of the other stations where they run the also rans who have column on Town Hall no one listens to.. But it would be a step down.

Actually in this scenario if WLS was to replace Rush with Huckabee they'd be getting rid of the industry's #1 superstar for an industry also-ran in Huckabee. And whatever station Rush ended up on would experience big ratings growth in his time slot. The other stations know this so there would be competition for obtaining his services and the accompanying ad revenues he brings. That's life in the radio industry.

[

Actually in this scenario if WLS was to replace Rush with Huckabee they'd be getting rid of the industry's #1 superstar for an industry also-ran in Huckabee. And whatever station Rush ended up on would experience big ratings growth in his time slot. The other stations know this so there would be competition for obtaining his services and the accompanying ad revenues he brings. That's life in the radio industry.

Limbaugh's in decline. Mostly because his business format where he charges stations to carry his show is not popular. They can get Huckabee, who would probably gain as much of an audience in Chicago, and not pay him nearly as much.

Limbaugh's on borrowed time. Even the GOP is starting to break bad on him.

Yes they lost, so it's time for the fall guy's to step in now right ?

Time to throw Limbaugh under the Bus, and that is what they are going to do eh ? Did Obama throw Susan Rice under the Bus or his attorney general under the bus ?

Will this help them in any way, or will it confirm even more that they were willing to ride the Limbaugh train along with everything else connected to it, until they finally derailed it, and so now it's time to cover their tracks ?

Caving on social morality, integrity, decency will get no one anywhere, but it's typical of politicians to be weak and scared always of losing their power, so to the Limbaugh's everywhere, you had best beware now.

Time to throw Limbaugh under the Bus, and that is what they are going to do eh ? Did Obama throw Susan Rice under the Bus or his attorney general under the bus ?

Will this help them in any way, or will it confirm even more that they were willing to ride the Limbaugh train along with everything else connected to it, until they finally derailed it, and so now it's time to cover their tracks ?

Caving on social morality, integrity, decency will get no one anywhere, but it's typical of politicians to be weak and scared always of losing their power, so to the Limbaugh's everywhere, you had best beware now.

When Limbaugh goes down, he'll have no one to blame but himself. And frankly, the discussion will be a lot less toxic when this phony is gone.

Maybe he can finally even come out of the closet.

When Limbaugh goes down, he'll have no one to blame but himself. And frankly, the discussion will be a lot less toxic when this phony is gone.

Come out of the closet, as in being a pure racist is what you are saying ?

Rush is a creation of an ideology or idealism in which watches or listens to him by the millions, so are they all to be blamed too when he alledgedly goes down ? Are millions in this nation racist, just because they were listening to Rush if you think he is a racist ?

If millions are to blame along with Rush, then will there be a war waged against all of them in this nation now, and if so will they cave along with Rush once he caves ?

Does Rush have black friends in life ?

[

NOpe. Just pointing out it is well known that Limbaugh is possibly a closeted homosexual. He was arrested it the 1970's under his radio name Jeff Christy. Look it up. He also took trips to the Dominican Republic (Notorious for sex tourism) with a bottle of Viagra when he was between beards... er.. wives #3 and #4.

[
Rush is a creation of an ideology or idealism in which watches or listens to him by the millions, so are they all to be blamed too when he alledgedly goes down ? Are millions in this nation racist, just because they were listening to Rush if you think he is a racist ?

I think we have a lot of racists in this country, and Limbaugh appeals to them as much as he can without quite crossing the line.

[
If millions are to blame along with Rush, then will there be a war waged against all of them in this nation now, and if so will they cave along with Rush once he caves ?

Not seeing how that is relevent to the conversation at all.

[

NOpe. Just pointing out it is well known that Limbaugh is possibly a closeted homosexual. He was arrested it the 1970's under his radio name Jeff Christy. Look it up. He also took trips to the Dominican Republic (Notorious for sex tourism) with a bottle of Viagra when he was between beards... er.. wives #3 and #4.

[

I think we have a lot of racists in this country, and Limbaugh appeals to them as much as he can without quite crossing the line.

[

Not seeing how that is relevent to the conversation at all.
You want to brand him with your accusing him of some kind of sexual deviancy or tendencies, but you can't answer whether or not he has black friends in life ? wow

You want to brand him with your accusing him of some kind of sexual deviancy or tendencies, but you can't answer whether or not he has black friends in life ? wow

I don't see being gay as a "deviancy". What annoys me about it is the hypocrisy. He's perfectly happy to play on homophobia to advance himself.

Four marriages and no children. You do the math.

Your MessiahRushie has no friends of any color. His money buys many tokens as he plays Santa Clause. :badgrin:

Your MessiahRushie has no friends of any color. His money buys many tokens as he plays Santa Clause. :badgrin:
He tries to be like Obama, and play Santa Clause eh ? Hmmmm funny cuz I don't know anyone who has gotten anything from Rush, well nothing worth running to the moutain tops to shout about...LOL

What so he gives an I-pad away from time to time maybe ? wow

There must be such a thing as god's (spelled with a little g) then, because Obama is one of them thar god's for many, and now you say that Rush is also one of them thar god's to many as well? Man that Rush must be one powerful earth bound god then, because he has no where near the santa clause goodies that Obama has to give, but he is feared by many who oppose him, and this happens so much more for those who are on the Obama god camp side I see.

There is only one God and that is the one spelled with a capital G, and if we would listen to him more often by understanding and reading his word, then we would be quick to recognize all these false ones in which are being worshiped now.

Last edited:

He tries to be like Obama, and play Santa Clause eh ? Hmmmm funny cuz I don't know anyone who has gotten anything from Rush, well nothing worth running to the moutain tops to shout about...LOL

What so he gives an I-pad away from time to time maybe ? wow

There must be such a thing as god's (spelled with a little g) then, because Obama is one of them thar god's for many, and now you say that Rush is also one of them thar god's to many as well? Man that Rush must be one powerful earth bound god then, because he has no where near the santa clause goodies that Obama has to give, but he is feared by many who oppose him, and this happens so much more for those who are on the Obama god camp side I see.

There is only one God and that is the one spelled with a capital G, and if we would listen to him more often by understanding and reading his word, then we would be quick to recognize all these false ones in which are being worshiped now.
Your MessiahRushie projects everything he hates about himself onto Obama, and you know it, I know it, and he knows it.

July 27,2009
RUSH: Gods don't apologize.

January 16, 2009
RUSH: I don't apologize ever.

[

Limbaugh's in decline. Mostly because his business format where he charges stations to carry his show is not popular. They can get Huckabee, who would probably gain as much of an audience in Chicago, and not pay him nearly as much.

Yeah, along with other lefty kooks in here Rush has been on borrowed time for quite a while now. Yet he's still the number 1 talk show host in the country. And yes, he charges a lot for his show's popularity - confiscatory rates is how he describes what stations have to pony up to air him. He also often refers to the show's commercial breaks as obscene profit timeouts. Just some of the yuks you can have when you're the king of the hill.

And if you knew anything about Rush you'd know he has zero love for the GOP hierarchy and could care less how any of them feel about him.

Anyway, you clowns enjoy your fantasies about Rush's demise. It keeps you busy and somewhat out of trouble.

Forum List

Back