Rush is back!

It doesn't matter whether a person is a public figure or a private figure. Think what the leftie mobs tried to do to Chick-fil-a for a politically incorrect comment that was far less offensive than anything Rush said. They'll attack anybody who doesn't toe the liberal PC line if they think they can get their faces before cameras and their words into print doing it. The last I heard, the owner of Chick-fil-a was a private citizen too.

As for Sandra Fluke being a 'private citizen', technically that is true. But she has been a professional political activist for some time also:

Now does any of this give license to anybody to publicly call Ms. Fluke a 'slut'? Absolutely not and none of us should approve of that kind of language directed toward anybody anywhere, including here on USMB.

But is she somehow 'special' and 'more protected' from personal slurs and insults than is the average well known public figure? Not in my book.

Incidentally, one more curious thing about all this. There is zero reference to Sandra Fluke now at Georgetown University's website. It was there I think about six months ago when I last looked at it. (I could be off on the timeline.) But it has vanished. And type her name into their search engine and you get crickets.

Nobody said she is, Foxy, and desperate attempts to discredit the victim noted - watch those icebergs
titanic.gif

You asked if "those eeeeeeevul conservatives have a hell of a lot more class than the leftie haters" (which is loaded; we were talking about Limblob, not 'those eeeeeeeevul conservatives, nice try). That is a question of comparison, so I answered it as such. I didn't have to stretch all the way to a questionable site like Gateway Pundit to find out that Laura Ingraham is a public media figure and as such, pre-existingly controversial. And yes that is different from a private citizen. And we didn't even go into the contrast between Schultz' single use and Limblob's rant that went on for three hours a day times three days. You're fooling no one but yourself here. And this is really not the topic anyway.

To return TO that topic -- here's an article from last fall about trends in radio advertising in general: Advertisers moving away from talk radio
Just an observation, Pogo: People might take you a bit more seriously if you called Mr. Limbaugh by his right name instead of some insulting bastardization of it that you find humorous.

You want people to treat Ms. Fluke with respect, but can't reciprocate?

Just a touch hypocritical, no?

PPPPSSHHHHWTFFFT... Ernie, you owe me a new keyboard. Say WHAT?

This is the guy you thought "buried" my points:
Benching Ed Shitz for a week was of no consequence. It could not impact the bottom line since that fat twerp generated little one way of the other.

Maher was a fucking asshole who said a spectacularly stupid thing at very much the wrong time for a program on a broadcast network.

You know, the same guy who refers to his opponents as "Ploddo" and "Edthesickdick" ?

Double standard much??

Wow. Well as I said, DeNial is deep...

I gotta add, I don't mind "Ploddo". It's not great work but at least he's thinking in terms of playing with words. So what? Roll wid it.

I thought "Rachel Madcow" was pretty good. Ed Schitz, not so much. It's an art form. Lighten up.

Last edited:
Nobody said she is, Foxy, and desperate attempts to discredit the victim noted - watch those icebergs
titanic.gif

You asked if "those eeeeeeevul conservatives have a hell of a lot more class than the leftie haters" (which is loaded; we were talking about Limblob, not 'those eeeeeeeevul conservatives, nice try). That is a question of comparison, so I answered it as such. I didn't have to stretch all the way to a questionable site like Gateway Pundit to find out that Laura Ingraham is a public media figure and as such, pre-existingly controversial. And yes that is different from a private citizen. And we didn't even go into the contrast between Schultz' single use and Limblob's rant that went on for three hours a day times three days. You're fooling no one but yourself here. And this is really not the topic anyway.

To return TO that topic -- here's an article from last fall about trends in radio advertising in general: Advertisers moving away from talk radio
Just an observation, Pogo: People might take you a bit more seriously if you called Mr. Limbaugh by his right name instead of some insulting bastardization of it that you find humorous.

Benching Ed Shitz for a week was of no consequence. It could not impact the bottom line since that fat twerp generated little one way of the other.

Maher was a fucking asshole who said a spectacularly stupid thing at very much the wrong time for a program on a broadcast network.

You know, the same guy who refers to his opponents as "Ploddo" and "Edthesickdick" ?

Double standard much??

I gotta add, I don't mind "Ploddo". It's not great work but at least he's thinking in terms of playing with words. So what? Roll wid it.

I thought "Rachel Madcow" was pretty good. Ed Schitz, not so much. It's an art form. Lighten up.
I wasn't giving HIM advice on how to recover from zero credibility, pogo, I addressed YOU.

Double standard much??

I wasn't giving HIM advice on how to recover from zero credibility, pogo, I addressed YOU.

I see we've revised our previous assessment. You hadn't updated me but very well then.

I just don't get worked up about that stuff. Far as I'm concerned, any time anybody gets creative with wording/spelling, that's a good thing. It demonstrates there's something going on in the author cerebrally. Besides, I do that with everything, as you prolly (<there's one right there) know from other posts. It's just not an issue.

I figure you can play everything straight-laced or you can get creative. I just can't play everything straight. It's boring.

Take "Rachel Madcow". Please. I don't agree with what it says qualitatively about Maddow, as IMHO the woman at least does her homework and invites counterpoint, which I respect. But that being said I have to admit that changing one letter to "Madcow" is a clever and economical conversion. I can admire the lexicographic artistry without agreeing with the final intent. "Fox Noise" is another one; I didn't invent it, just picked it up, but it's a well done pun.

"Lush Rimjob" though, is my original work. :coffee:

It's just not a big deal. I figure if one's skin is so thin we can't handle a rework of some third-party public figure's name (let alone one's own), then one shouldn't be playing in the political discourse pit.

Anyway that's how I look at it. If the resulting posts come out more opinionated but less boring, I figure that's preferable to the other way around.

(/offtopic)

Last edited:
Interesting, Pogo, that you give yourself credit for expressing yourself creatively, but accuse Rush for doing the same thing. Hmmmm.

Interesting, Pogo, that you give yourself credit for expressing yourself creatively, but accuse Rush for doing the same thing. Hmmmm.

Aw c'mon now. I never accused Rush of being creative. Neither the radio guy nor the band.

Y'see?? If I had said "Lush Rimjob", there would have been no confusion about whether I meant the rock band.

Yeah, that's it.

Coincidentally I just came across this:

BHDCEfICYAASSZl.jpg:large

Last edited:
To be fair, Rush doesn't say "Feminazi" that often anymore.
Just a sample from this year alone:

Read More
SCOTUS Questions on Gay Marriage Would've Been a Sanity Test ...
March 26, 2013
Mar 26, 2013 ... Anyway, I can remember, I was in Sacramento and one of the world's most famous feminazis came to town, this babe named Andrea Dworkin.

Read More
The Pop Culture Crowd Doesn't Like Me Intruding on Their Turf ...
March 24, 2013
Mar 24, 2013 ... Then the song comes out and we have a little fun with it based on the feminazi connotations, and these people in the pop culture media are ...

Read More
Corporate Queen Bee Syndrome - The Rush Limbaugh Show
March 07, 2013
Mar 7, 2013 ... The militant feminazis were just royally ticked off by human nature, and that ... I forget who, it was some man that the feminazis all admired, who ...

Read More
Pearls of Wisdom - The Rush Limbaugh Show
March 07, 2013
Mar 7, 2013 ... "I realize that the term 'feminazi' might not be useful and helpful in outreach towards low-information voters, but to heck with it. I love the term, ...

Read More
Did Feminazis Shorten the Female Lifespan? - The Rush Limbaugh ...
March 04, 2013
Mar 4, 2013 ... RUSH: The feminazis, what did they do? They basically went out and told women , "You can do anything, you can be anything, you can have it ...

Read More
Blizzard Survivors Tell Their Stories - The Rush Limbaugh Show
February 07, 2013
Feb 7, 2013 ... Where I was staying at the Marriott in Providence, the only female companionship I had was a feminazi lawyer from San Francisco. That is ...

Read More
Every Man in Hillary Clinton's Life Sends Her Out to Lie for Him ...
January 23, 2013
Jan 23, 2013 ... Hillary Clinton could save him from drowning and he would still call her a feminazi because she was strong enough to lift him out of the water.

Read More
Videos - The Rush Limbaugh Show
January 16, 2013
Jan 16, 2013 ... The Rush Limbaugh Show is the most listened to radio talk show in America, broadcast on over 600 radio stations nationwide. It is hosted by America's ...

If you have to go back to March to find three examples in the month...

I do notice that "Low INformation Voter" is his newest catch phrase. Repeated by our mind-numbed robots here, obviously.
That was what I got from his website search engine, which never gets them all.

Here is one not picked up by his search engine from May 2, 2013:
RUSH: "It is likely disappointing news for old-school bra-burners and Gloria Steinem-inspired Feminazis,"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glZ8q7UKEo]Limbaugh Declares Victory: 'I Have Succeeded In Stigmatizing' Feminism - YouTube[/ame]

The pathological liar scrubs his transcripts of offending words that cost him advertisers, though he says it so many times his software misses it. You can see that the transcript on his site substitutes "activists" for "feminazis." On the YouTube track you can clearly hear him say feminazi.

RUSH: The Washington Times is reporting that feminism may be dead, at least in this way. "Seventy-two percent of Americans say they're not 'feminists'. It is likely disappointing news for old-school bra-burners and Gloria Steinem-inspired activists.

BTW, his stats are cooked because he is using men calling themselves feminists or not. And when you use the dictionary definition of feminist rather than the insulting right-wing perversion of feminist, 57% of men and women combines say they are feminists.

I do notice that "Low INformation Voter" is his newest catch phrase. Repeated by our mind-numbed robots here, obviously.

RUSH: "It is likely disappointing news for old-school bra-burners and Gloria Steinem-inspired Feminazis,"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4glZ8q7UKEo]Limbaugh Declares Victory: 'I Have Succeeded In Stigmatizing' Feminism - YouTube[/ame]

The pathological liar scrubs his transcripts of offending words that cost him advertisers, though he says it so many times his software misses it. You can see that the transcript on his site substitutes "activists" for "feminazis." On the YouTube track you can clearly hear him say feminazi.

RUSH: The Washington Times is reporting that feminism may be dead, at least in this way. "Seventy-two percent of Americans say they're not 'feminists'. It is likely disappointing news for old-school bra-burners and Gloria Steinem-inspired activists.

BTW, his stats are cooked because he is using men calling themselves feminists or not. And when you use the dictionary definition of feminist rather than the insulting right-wing perversion of feminist, 57% of men and women combines say they are feminists.

To be fair, I spent the last week listening to his show, or at least as much of it as I can stand.

I didn't hear him say "Feminazi" once all week.

Don't listen to him that often anymore, I do when I'm on vacation because where I go, there's no TV or Internet, and all I can get is Radio.

Did here him babble on about 'the Limbaugh Theorom" that Obama doesn't talk about his scandals and remains blameless for them. It's just silly, but he said it with a straight face.

To be fair, I spent the last week listening to his show, or at least as much of it as I can stand.

Don't listen to him that often anymore, I do when I'm on vacation because where I go, there's no TV or Internet, and all I can get is Radio.

Did here him babble on about 'the Limbaugh Theorom" that Obama doesn't talk about his scandals and remains blameless for them. It's just silly, but he said it with a straight face.
The kicker is that it isn't even his "theorem." He plagiarized Noah Rothman.

Obama?s Perpetual Campaign: When Will The Nation Tire Of Not Having An Executive In The White House? | Mediaite
Obama’s Perpetual Campaign: When Will The Nation Tire Of Not Having An Executive In The White House?
by Noah Rothman
| 1:24 pm, November 28th, 2012

Why then does Obama have to mount yet another campaign? For one, the path of stump speeches and pushing hash tags on Twitter is far easier than acting as a sober and authoritative executive behind closed doors.
Obama’s perpetual campaign has begun to assume some familiar characteristics. The president has already mobilized a tread worn social media campaign and will hit the road to stump Philadelphia and it’s collar counties in Pennsylvania. Surely, the president hopes those rallies will dominate the airwaves and increase public pressure on Republicans.

The White House applied similar tactics when they sought to extend the payroll tax cut and raise the debt ceiling limit in 2011.
Campaigning is comfortable territory for politicians and it is an especially cozy place for President Obama to occupy – he is an extraordinary campaigner and has spent the majority of his political career on the trail seeking one or the other public office. But is this an effective tool for governing? One need only look at Obama’s accomplishments in his first term to determine that it is not.

February 26, 2013
RUSH: The Limbaugh theorem, ... Obama is never seen as governing.* Obama is constantly seen as campaigning.*

I admire that he is not afraid to say controversial things and suffer the consequences.

No TV or internet, though you "heard" him say something with a straight face?

There is a lie here somewhere. Do you need help finding it?

I admire that he is not afraid to say controversial things and suffer the consequences.

Well tens of millions of people out there think as you do. Some of us still appreciate free speech and oppose a form of viscious political correctness that liberals use to attack and try to destroy anybody--anybody right of center anyway--who says anything they that doesn't fit the liberal prism of political correctness. They are just fine with and defend their own media or other liberal famous figures no matter how cruel, crude, rude, or insensitive. And they would be incensed and raise huge flags of first amendment rights if conservatives pressured THOSE people's advertisers or otherwise tried to force them off the air. But they have no problem with liberal warfare against anybody who dares say anything that they can find any way to label racist or sexist or simply critical of liberal figures or concepts. And they are jubilant if it appears to be working.

When is the last time you saw headlines emblazoned across the page or leading the story that a MSNBC or CNN host is losing audience? But let ratings tick down even a little for Rush Limbaugh or a Fox News host, and that is front page news. It is never news if those ratings tick up though is it. Look how obsessed so many of our liberal friends here are with Limbaugh and how they can't stand to think of him as successful. And how insulting and critical they are of anybody who ever listens to the program, unless they do so to criticize it.

The hypocrisy and double standard is just amazing sometimes.

Forum List

Back