Rush has some advice for Republicans!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, Dec 1, 2012.

?

Should Republicans take Rush's advice and not negotiate with the President?

1. I'm a conservative, and I say YES!

22.2%
  2. I'm a conservative, and I say NO!

16.7%
  3. I'm a moderate, and I say YES!

5.6%
  4. I'm a moderate, and I say NO!

22.2%
  5. I'm a liberal, and I say YES!

5.6%
  6. I'm a liberal, and I say NO!

16.7%
  7. Unsure/Don't Know

11.1%
  1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Actually, Rush has some advice for everyone. The question is whether or not anyone should listen. Should Republicans take him seriously considering that Rush has never run for office or, to my knowledge, even worked on a campaign or been involved in ANY way in elective politics.

Rush's advice for Republicans is that they shouldn't negotiate with President Obama on the so-called fiscal cliff.

Rush Limbaugh To Republicans: Don't Negotiate With Obama On Fiscal Cliff

So, should Republicans listen to Rush? It's a good question since the answer, if yes, could come back to bite Republicans BAD in the aftermath of the election in which Obama campaigned on higher taxes for the top 2% and often mentioned Republicans unwillingness to compromise.

What would Rush lose if the Republicans took his advice and it backfired? Nothing!

Frankly, I wonder why people listen to Rush at all. He has no formal educational degree past HS. He's never worked in politics. In fact, Rush has zero experience in the areas where he continuously offers advice on topics of national concern like politics, governance, taxation, military matters, international affairs, and all manner of public policy.

So, should Republicans take Rush's advice?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. PredFan

PredFan Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,652
    No, they shouldn't. What the GOP should do is give obama everything he wants. All of it. High taxes, as much regulation as he wants, stimulus? You want stimulus? How much? Billions? Trillions? Ok, here ya go.

then when the economy comes crashing down, the people have no one to blame but obama and the Dems. The result will be a landslide victory for the GOP in 2016.

Kind of like what the Dems did to Bush.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Rush isn't the only one. Many analysts are saying the same thing. Republicans should just walk away. Charles Krauthammer said the same thing.

obama has republicans in a check mate. They can agree to his proposals and take the blame, or oppose his proposals and let all the tax cuts expire. That will open the door for obama to give targeted tax cuts to create the illusion that the poor and middle class are getting cuts, when actually they are getting a raise in taxes. Just from someplace else. The loss of jobs and contraction of the economy will occur either way. Either way, obama looks like the People's Champion when he is actually engaging in bloodletting on a massive scale.

The republicans should give up. This is a war that requires a new strategy/

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  4. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,307
    ^ what happens when rw'ers drink too much of the krauthammer kool aid :alcoholic:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,756

Perhaps you should wait until bamie actually starts negotiating then ask us what we think... Yes?

6. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,307
    you feed your cat yet Willow?

[​IMG]

7. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    lol

Well, it’s about time…

He’s been failing at that miserably so far.

8. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The dems could only do that to Bush because there are still significant numbers of republicans to keep things running. Completely crashing the Greek economy did not result in massive numbers of Greeks protesting for sound fiscal policy. They want an even WORSE fiscal policy. They just want someone else to pay for it. Like Germany. The only difference is that the knowledge of sound economics has been educated out of the Greeks. In America the tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of protesters would be demanding support from China. Even though we might retain a few individuals who know what must be done, the chances of them being permitted to do what must be done is miniscule to non-existent.

This is going to have to play out to its last bloody act.

9. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    How has their collective advice worked out in the recent past? As I recall, Republican brinksmanship has a pretty consistent habit of backfiring badly in the court of public opinion. It seems like the GOP thinks they've got themselves a winning strategy, and it turns out that they're dead wrong. Frankly, that reminds me of the election, now that I think of it. To be brutally honest, hey don't come across as professionals to me because pros are rarely so far off the mark.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
  10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    The court of public opinion is now packed by leeches whose only interest is in getting more for less effort.

To be brutally honest, republicans haven't yet come to grips with the fact that the nation is a majority of the lazy. That's why Romney didn't win. He promised JOBS! JOBS to people who don't see a benefit in working? That doesn't make sense. No wonder he lost. He was like the electrician promising to fix the electric chair. Can the Orkin man win an election when the voters are all roaches? The only way republicans can win an election now, is to out promise the democrats and get shiftless democrats to vote for them.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1