Rural grocery stores are dying. Here's how some small towns are trying to save them

I have no respect for the likes of you and everyone that knows you. You and they are not man enough to admit your terrible judgment and a vote that is harming this country. Tell us all how proud you are that Biden, with his failed withdrawal caused the deaths of so many including 13 of your bravest. Then go on and praise his utterly failed border policies and the deaths of so many illegals just trying to get here. Stand up and clap for the rape of women and the abuse of children because of his open border fiasco. Why are we no longer energy independent? Because of your asshole, Biden. Anyone but Biden would have stopped the Russian invasion of Ukraine before it started. I am also very sure that you are reveling in his inflation numbers, and his tax and spend idiocy while throwing our tax dollars at every left-wing debacle that finds his desk. If by chance I am wrong about your party affiliation and who you support, I will surely apologize but if I am right, FJB and U2.
LOL.....Damn Hoss, who dropped a nickel in you and what the blue fuck does that have to do with a grocery co-op in Nebraska? :dunno: :laughing0301:

I have no respect for the likes of you and everyone that knows you. You and they are not man enough to admit your terrible judgment and a vote that is harming this country. Tell us all how proud you are that Biden, with his failed withdrawal caused the deaths of so many including 13 of your bravest. Then go on and praise his utterly failed border policies and the deaths of so many illegals just trying to get here. Stand up and clap for the rape of women and the abuse of children because of his open border fiasco. Why are we no longer energy independent? Because of your asshole, Biden. Anyone but Biden would have stopped the Russian invasion of Ukraine before it started. I am also very sure that you are reveling in his inflation numbers, and his tax and spend idiocy while throwing our tax dollars at every left-wing debacle that finds his desk. If by chance I am wrong about your party affiliation and who you support, I will surely apologize but if I am right, FJB and U2.
Fool you know nothing. Tell me who I voted for idiot? Go ahead prove yourself a know nothing ass

Fool you know nothing. Tell me who I voted for idiot? Go ahead prove yourself a know nothing ass
You may be right that I don't know much but I sure as hell know that you and anyone remotely like you who have voted for theatPOS, waste of space, Joe Biden, have harmed this country beyond repair. I notice that you have not even tried to defend your asshole on the mistakes he has committed. Why not? Because he is indefensible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL.....Damn Hoss, who dropped a nickel in you and what the blue fuck does that have to do with a grocery co-op in Nebraska? :dunno: :laughing0301:
Leftist, liberals need to be called out on everying that comes out of the demented mouths. Whether relevant or not, do you object to the points I made?

You may be right that I don't know much but I sure as hell know that you and anyone remotely like you who have voted for theatPOS, waste of space, Joe Biden, have harmed this country beyond repair. I notice that you have not even tried to defend your asshole on the mistakes he has committed. Why not? Because he is indefensible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you demonstrate your ignorance with every post. I voted for and donated to Trump and have the hats to prove it

About five years ago, Emerson, Neb., lost its grocery store. Residents were forced to drive at least 20 miles to stock their pantries at the nearest full-service store.

Then last year this village of 824 people came together to open a new market. They raised nearly $160,000 of their own money double their initial fundraising goal. And Post 60 Market was born.

The cooperatively owned store moved into the old American Legion building. It sells a full range of groceries, including fresh produce, meat, and household supplies.

Investors receive discounts and dividends and elect a board of directors each year to oversee large financial decisions.

"With being a co-op and so many people bought in it's like you got multiple owners who have just as much commitment to see this thing succeed," says manager Brian Horak.

In many rural towns, a grocery store is a thing of the past, as more of these small businesses fold. Yet entrepreneurs and community initiatives are working to turn that trend around.

maor

Farmers Co-Ops have been running successfully all over the country for decades so it might just work.....Till Dollar General smells it out.
Social contract usually accomplishes the needs of the community much better than any government will do. And capitalism usually comes through when there is a solid market base and not a lot of negatives re doing business in any given area.

Hombre and I have a lot of kinfolk who live in a tiny town at the foot of Magazine Mountain in Arkansas. The nearest grocery store/super market to them was a Walmart Super Center roughly 20 miles north of them in Booneville. It was a real struggle 'running to the store' for a loaf of bread or bottle of milk most especially when the roads were icy or flooded out or there was other inclement weather.

So when a Dollar General opened up in Havana and stocked most staples that the people needed, it was a real blessing and it is really thriving

But. . .

Nobody is going to take the risk and make the investment if a co-op grocery store provides too much competition for it. So if the folks of Emerson continue to work together for the common good, the co-op will succeed. But if people get snarky with each other or start making demands that will cause the co-op to fail. . .

you demonstrate your ignorance with every post. I voted for and donated to Trump and have the hats to prove it
Ok, I will take you at your word. Now, that we know you are a practicing conservative and Trump voter please share with us how you're so against all the stupidity that Biden has heaped upon us. List each one starting with BIden's desertion from Afghanistan.

Ok, I will take you at your word. Now, that we know you are a practicing conservative and Trump voter please share with us how you're so against all the stupidity that Biden has heaped upon us. List each one starting with BIden's desertion from Afghanistan.
Dude I have enough posts here go read

About five years ago, Emerson, Neb., lost its grocery store. Residents were forced to drive at least 20 miles to stock their pantries at the nearest full-service store.

Then last year this village of 824 people came together to open a new market. They raised nearly $160,000 of their own money double their initial fundraising goal. And Post 60 Market was born.

The cooperatively owned store moved into the old American Legion building. It sells a full range of groceries, including fresh produce, meat, and household supplies.

Investors receive discounts and dividends and elect a board of directors each year to oversee large financial decisions.

"With being a co-op and so many people bought in it's like you got multiple owners who have just as much commitment to see this thing succeed," says manager Brian Horak.

In many rural towns, a grocery store is a thing of the past, as more of these small businesses fold. Yet entrepreneurs and community initiatives are working to turn that trend around.

maor

Farmers Co-Ops have been running successfully all over the country for decades so it might just work.....Till Dollar General smells it out.
Oh well.

Disappointed you didn't get a chance to volunteer for the military to go to Afghanistan?

Clueless, do you have a TV? Do you read any newspapers? Do you not possess a social media device?
Try any of the above and be enlightened. Profitable stores go out of business because of all the left-wing fools who promote and support criminal activity, such as robbing food markets. Mr. MORONSTREET is the reason we are living with Biden.
Republicans are worse

Forum List

Back