Rumsfeld was correct and this election proves it!

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
Like Rummy said, "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know."

Hilldebeast is a known known - I know I will rue the day she is elected

TRUMP is a known unknown - I may well rue the day

So, I have NO SHOT or MAYBE a shot

I am voting for and supporting MAYBE a shot

Cuz it is time to make America great again!

This is what is known as a presumption shift. IE, we know what Hillary is and she's bad. We don't know what Trump is so he is either good or bad. Therefore, voting Trump into office becomes the position of least risk.

Honesty helps me make a decision. If I know more about the choices then I can make a better decision for myself.
So far I know that as a native New Yorker, Trump is loud. Boisterous. Generally spontaneous in what he says. He is also had to
get along though with all sorts of people. He has accumulated more money then any presidential candidate in history. He is admittedly selfish. He is not an apologist for America. He may see faults about America BUT unlike others he doesn't belabor these faults.
He doesn't knock America. He also thoroughly understands the bias of the MSM and has circumvented that. He is frugal.
For the most part he is honest. He also makes mistakes. He is NOT Politically correct!
Given all these characteristics...negatives and positives, the positives FAR outweigh the negatives.
He is despised by the establishment GOP. That's a positive!
Again Reagan comes to mind.
Reagan like Trump was a democrat who said when asked why he left the Democrats.." I didn't leave them, they left me"!
Reagan like Trump knew how to handle the media.
Reagan like Trump was despised by the establishment GOP.
Does this sound familiar? This was written BEFORE TRUMP!!!

They didn’t like him.
To be more precise, they thought him an extremist, un-electable, an ultra-right wing nut, dumb, ignorant and, more to the point, not one of their crowd.
One out of six was absolutely correct.
Ronald Reagan was not one of their crowd. Ever.
The “crowd”” was The Establishment. The Establishment as it appeared in all of its various incarnations during Ronald Reagan’s political life. First it was the California Republican Party Establishment. Then the Liberal Establishment. Followed by the national Republican Party Establishment. Next up was The Eastern Establishment. Last but not least was the Washington Establishment.
And in each and every case save one (1976), Reagan — and more to the point today — the people who came to be known as “conservatives” or “Reaganites” beat those Establishments like a drum.

The Original Mr. Anti-Establishment: Ronald Reagan | The American Spectator

image.jpeg
Like Rummy said, "There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know."

No presidential,candidate to date has ever been able to achieve such great things, on their own.....

View attachment 81766

No presidential,candidate to date has ever been able to achieve such great things, on their own.....

Well, another characteristic of Trump as your image shows, he knows how to get good people working with him!
I mean Trump is the epitome of a boss... perform or you're FIRED!
We've never had a Chief Executive Officer that has hired/fired more people over their career as Trump has done.
We've never had a Chief Executive Officer WHO truly WAS a CEO! Who knew how to ask the right questions to solve complicated
problems and issues. Trump has done this his whole life. And while doing so in the public's eye!
Think about this... He has not had one day in office yet a Google search of "Donald Trump" has 316,000,000 results.
"Barack Obama" Google search...166,000,000 results. Think about that. Near double the amount that the current President has!

Here is more vindication for Rumsfeld's position which on the surface and based on this article ONE would conclude Rumsfeld was
wrong! But read the entire article then ask What Donald Rumsfeld knew we didn’t know about Iraq
What Donald Rumsfeld knew we didn’t know about Iraq
A new document reveals gaps of intelligence on WMD. Why didn’t Pentagon chief share it?
On September 9, 2002, as the George W. Bush administration was launching its campaign to invade Iraq, a classified report landed on the desk of the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. It came from Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, and it carried an ominous note.
“Please take a look at this material as to what we don’t know about WMD,” Rumsfeld wrote to Air Force General Richard Myers. “It is big.”
So Politico and millions of people say Rumsfeld/Bush/Hillary/ and dozens of Democrats were wrong to go after Saddam because the information about WMDs was very inconclusive. As a result the number one reason Bush Bashers tout about the Liberation of Iraq..
"There were no WMDs!!!!"
But this is my question to Politico, Bush Bashers/ etc...

Why didn't Saddam in order to save potentially millions of children from starvation didn't he just comply with the UN sanctions
that asked Saddam ... will you attest there are NO WMDs?
If Saddam had simply complied and attested there were no WMDs... this would not have happened.
More importantly though without the Liberation of Iraq and if Saddam were still in power today as well as the sanctions still in effect,
3,024,000 children would have starved.
From 1991 to ...."1995 as many as 576,000 Iraqi children may have died since the end of the Persian Gulf war because of economic sanctions imposed by the Security Council, according to two scientists who surveyed the country for the Food and Agriculture Organization. http://www.nytimes.com/.../iraq-sanctions-kill-children

Because Saddam would not comply with UN requirement that he acknowledge there were NO WMDs.
Think about it. All Saddam had to do was tell the truth there were NO WMDs!
But he didn't! Now if Bush didn't have the balls to COMPLY with the 1991 Cease Fire (NOT a truce but simple CEASE fire) that Saddam agreed to but later broke with dozens of attacks on our military, and LIBERATED IRAQ...
Saddam would still be in power and guess what? 3,024,000 more children would have starved to death!

So my question to Politico and all you Rumsfeld/Bush anti-Liberation of Iraq BASHERS...
Given the known fact today that 3,024,000 would have starved to death, would you still say it was wrong to
Liberate Iraq?

Forum List

Back