Rumsfeld Gets SLAMMED on Meet the Press

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by nakedemperor, Nov 4, 2004.

1. nakedemperor

nakedemperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    Its time for the deception to stop. This blatant twisting and spinning. Watch this and hold on to you jaw 'cause you're HEAD will spin:

"You and a few other critics are the only ones I've heard use the phrase 'immediate threat', I didn't, the President didn't, and its become kind of folklore that that's what's happened."

The hosts go on to read him a few quotes including:

"No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the tability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."

Who said the quote? Donald Rumsfeld.

Sorry Donny, you can't change history. As ashamed as you all are of what you've done in Iraq and how you went about getting there, and trust me, it is shameful, you have to at least OWN UP TO IT.

http://www.moveon.org/censure/caughtonvideo/

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    it is being taken out of context. i understand what he meant and so do you, but you won't admit it as that will not fit into your view.

3. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403

get over it--------

4. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    HOW ON EARTH CAN YOU TAKE "I NEVER SAID IRAQ WAS AN IMMINENT THREAT" OUT OF CONTEXT!!?!?!?!?!?

If you cannot admit Donald Rumsfeld was simply caught lying on National Television, you're a blind partisan HACK.

"I never said X."

"Here's an example of you saying X."

Out of context? Free and fun, what did he 'mean', exactly? I'm SO curious, and frankly, ready for a great laugh.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511

In context it was "No MORE immediate threat THAN"; it's being used to express relative levels of threat, not saying absolutely it's an immediate threat. NONE MORE THAN. Can you name a greater threat to our nation that terrorism?

6. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I believe his point was that of all the nations, they posed the most threat and that their threat was one that could come at the earliest time. Not just because of weapons, but because of what they might do with any weapons they might have.

7. nakedemperor

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +150
    "No terrorist state poses a greater or more immediate threat to the security of our people and the stability of the world than the regime of Saddam Hussein in Iraq."
    • Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, 9/19/02

So you guys are arguing that Rumsfeld said that Saddam Hussein was "the most imminent threat" (of all the terrorist states), but that statement ISN'T incompatible with "I never said Iraq was an imminent threat"?

Are...are you serious?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I'm going to remember this logic for a long, long time.

8. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    I see - this must be your new tactic.

You couldn't get kerry elected, so now you're attempting to get revenge by boring us to tears with petty little "gotchas". That's about all you libs have left is to dredge up minutiae and point to it like a five year old child snitching on his sibling.

We're in Iraq, like it or not. Now the only thing to do is work for the best outcome possible. Maybe some of you lefties can get over your fit of pique just long enough to consider what is best for the war effort, the military and the nation. Quit looking through the magnifying glass for nits to pick and start looking at the big picture.

Get over it - the election was two days ago, the results are not going to change.

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    It's the difference between a relative and an absolute statement. Comprende?

10. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I never said he didn't say it the way he said it, what I am saying is that anybody with half a brain and that is intelligent, can understand the underlying implication. Naked offers us the most immediate chance of becoming converted to liberalism. That does not mean you will succeed today or even tomorrow, it just means that in the long run, you have the most chance of accomplishing the conversion. Lolita is a long way from converting us, but you have a more immediate chance.