Ruger 10-22

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
A friend wants to sell me a Ruger 10-22 stainless with a black composite stock and a scope for 200 dollars. I've shot it and seemed to work ok. It looks like new but he's had it for over 25 years. You think it's a good buy?

It looks like this:

ZRHJYxK.jpg

The scope is not that big and it has 2 10 round mags and 1 20 round.

A friend wants to sell me a Ruger 10-22 stainless with a black composite stock and a scope for 200 dollars. I've shot it and seemed to work ok. It looks like new but he's had it for over 25 years. You think it's a good buy?

It looks like this:

ZRHJYxK.jpg

Found this:
1689187561173.png

How big a scope do you need? Does he know how many rounds he's fired with it? $200 sounds like a good price to me if it isn't wore out and the barrel isn't bent. $200 gives a lot of room to fix small stuff.

It looks like this:

ZRHJYxK.jpg

I'd pay that for it. If it weren't stainless, I wouldn't

• Banned
How big a scope do you need? Does he know how many rounds he's fired with it? $200 sounds like a good price to me if it isn't wore out and the barrel isn't bent. $200 gives a lot of room to fix small stuff.
He hasn't shot it much and i have shot it. It worked well. This guy is nearly 80 and us selling off a lot of his guns. He has a bunch. As far as the scope, I don't need it but it comes with it.

That's a buy. Get shed of the big honking scope. It's a good mount on it and swicth it out for a 4X32 and then order a VOLQUARTSEN RUGER 10/22 TARGET HAMMER KIT for a decent trigger.

The Simmons 4 X 32 .22 mag is available in silver.

125287_ts.jpg

Last edited:
That's a buy. Get shed of the big honking scope for a 4X32 and order a VOLQUARTSEN RUGER 10/22 TARGET HAMMER KIT.

the simmons 4 X 32 .22 mag is available in silver.

125287_ts.jpg
The one on it isn't like the one in the picture.

It looks like this:

ZRHJYxK.jpg

Yes. Buy it. Or I will!

I got it. It's got a Simmons 4x scope and 2 30 round mags and 2 10 round mags. I'm gonna take it apart and clean it very good. I've heard these old things are prone to getting a nasty firing pin channel from not cleaning it which can cause failure to fire. After I shoot it some I'll give yea or nay. It looks new.

I got it. It's got a Simmons 4x scope and 2 30 round mags and 2 10 round mags. I'm gonna take it apart and clean it very good. I've heard these old things are prone to getting a nasty firing pin channel from not cleaning it which can cause failure to fire. After I shoot it some I'll give yea or nay. It looks new.

I gifted a 10-22 to my dad in the 80s....He shot the shit out of it....He passed in 2008 and mom gave me all his guns to either keep or sell. I kept the 10-22 and a few heirloom guns, sold the rest and gave mom the money.

It must have been a couple years later when I finally got around to cleaning the 10-22.....I don't think that he had cleaned it since the day I gave it to him other than wiping the outside down. It had a 4 X 32 Tasco (K-Mart) branded scope on it that came with the rifle when I bought at K-Mart back in '81.

The powder residue came out in chunks around the chamber area but the rest was surprisingly in good shape.

It still serves me today though all that is left is the receiver assembly and trigger group. You can also see the "hunting mag" I use, two 10-rounders coupled together.

u 001 (3).JPG

The main thing you have to look out for is loose bolts (2) that secure the barrel to the receiver. I put a bit of blue locktite on them, torque them down, and forget them.

I've but many a brick of all kinds of ammo through 10-22s with nary a issue as far as going bang goes.

The only one I owned that did not shoot worth a shit was a full-stocked stainless International.

I put 50 rounds through it today. I took the scope off to check out the sights and it was hitting where I pointed. Tomorrow I'll go to the range and fire a lot more and see if its a keeper. I'll put the scope back on and get that set too.

Forum List

Back