Rubio vs. Athiest

Wanted to point out a large fallacy with Mr. Ribio. At 1:20 he states "If you don't believe in Judeo-Christian values influenced America, you don't kow history. This country was founded on these rights come from our creator"

First we have to ask exactly what Judeo-Christians values. The bigotry and rascism that emerges from those who consider themselves christians. The slave-trade that was very much apart of American history. The huge amount of violence and destruction stemming from these values. If we actually read the actions by this creator we see his is very true to these values. Now ask yourself. Do you really want a nation influenced by these values.
Yes, we've done fine as a country. Actually became the world's super power. Dumb fuck.
For someone who claims to be non religious you certainly attack every atheist at every chance you get.
LOL. How was that an attack on atheism? Fuck, you're a sensitive little twit. Don't let people know your faith if it's so touchy.
Atheism is not a faith which I already showed your ignorance of before. Go back and reread the threads. Guy loses an argument but tries to reclaim it later on. What a joke.
You're looking in a mirror. Yes, it's a faith, you played cutsie word games to try to wiggle out of it. You either believe god exists, you don't believe he exists or you don't know. That's it. We have words for each description.

Since you claim to be an atheist you don't believe god exists, but you cannot know with ANY certainty. So it's a belief by faith.
We are talking about beliefs. Not about knowing anything for certainty. Keep spreading those goalposts.

Putting woirds in my mouth. Yopu'll sure to win any argument that way. First of all since you didn't argue any of the Judeo-Christian values I put up you agree that these are values you like? Secondly, the values I like can be found everywhere. Most are found in all religious and non-religious teachings. I also find your quote "Christians have a recognizable sense of morality and do far less damage to their fellow citizens" laughable as most violent felons in America are christians.
Go ahead and back that up instead of mindless laughing. If you want to use jailhouse conversions after the fact, it's dishonest.
What Percentage of Prisoners are Atheists? It’s a Lot Smaller Than We Ever Imagined

read the whole thing.
I'm not doing you homework for you. What's atheism have to do with it? Your assertion was most violent felons in America are christians.
Step 1, Look at the chart where it shows the percentages of all the christian religions. Step 2 add them all up.

Remember I said read the whole thing. Oh yeah, you claim to have all the answers when you're only capable of only reading headlines.
No, I said I wasn't doing your homework for you, you dishonest fuck. You've proven that the faith called atheism is really an anti-Christian cult.
I made a claim. You challenged me on that claim. I provided evidence while stating to read the whole article. You questioned my claim again while stating that it is not your job to read my claim (I'm not doing you homework for you). How did you come up with anti-christian with that. Please stop. You're embarassing yourself.

Yes, we've done fine as a country. Actually became the world's super power. Dumb fuck.
For someone who claims to be non religious you certainly attack every atheist at every chance you get.
LOL. How was that an attack on atheism? Fuck, you're a sensitive little twit. Don't let people know your faith if it's so touchy.
Atheism is not a faith which I already showed your ignorance of before. Go back and reread the threads. Guy loses an argument but tries to reclaim it later on. What a joke.
You're looking in a mirror. Yes, it's a faith, you played cutsie word games to try to wiggle out of it. You either believe god exists, you don't believe he exists or you don't know. That's it. We have words for each description.

Since you claim to be an atheist you don't believe god exists, but you cannot know with ANY certainty. So it's a belief by faith.
We are talking about beliefs. Not about knowing anything for certainty. Keep spreading those goalposts.
That's what a belief is, learn English. If you don't know something, are uncertain, but believe it anyway, you do so as an act of faith.

An obvious follow up question would have been, "Since you say you cannot force your religion on people that don't believe, does that include your religious views on gay marriage and abortion? "

I think his answer would be totally different. And that is a fair question to ask.

Being opposed to abortion and queer marriage doesn't have to be a religious belief. Common sense tells us not to kill our babies and that homos getting "married" isn't normal. I'd imagine those beliefs are held by a good number of agnostics and atheists too. :eusa_eh:

Go ahead and back that up instead of mindless laughing. If you want to use jailhouse conversions after the fact, it's dishonest.
What Percentage of Prisoners are Atheists? It’s a Lot Smaller Than We Ever Imagined

read the whole thing.
I'm not doing you homework for you. What's atheism have to do with it? Your assertion was most violent felons in America are christians.
Step 1, Look at the chart where it shows the percentages of all the christian religions. Step 2 add them all up.

Remember I said read the whole thing. Oh yeah, you claim to have all the answers when you're only capable of only reading headlines.
No, I said I wasn't doing your homework for you, you dishonest fuck. You've proven that the faith called atheism is really an anti-Christian cult.
I made a claim. You challenged me on that claim. I provided evidence while stating to read the whole article. You questioned my claim again while stating that it is not your job to read my claim (I'm not doing you homework for you). How did you come up with anti-christian with that. Please stop. You're embarassing yourself.
You didn't post ANY content. Go read a book is a cop out and intellectually bankrupt. Like I said, you're dishonest. Par for the course for libs, especially atheists.

Please stop? What are you, a 12 year old girl?

That's what a belief is, learn English. If you don't know something, are uncertain, but believe it anyway, you do so as an act of faith.
And the subject is god which I don't believe in. See the difference. You are getting non-belief mixed up with belief.

Being opposed to abortion and queer marriage doesn't have to be a religious belief. Common sense tells us not to kill our babies and that homos getting "married" isn't normal. I'd imagine those beliefs are held by a good number of agnostics and atheists too. :eusa_eh:
I'm not religious and I'm against them. Gender matters in the animal kingdom, any attempt to downplay it is a hoax on society. Men and women are different and gay marriage is a poor substitute. Society moves further from truth every day.

An obvious follow up question would have been, "Since you say you cannot force your religion on people that don't believe, does that include your religious views on gay marriage and abortion? "

I think his answer would be totally different. And that is a fair question to ask.

Actually it is very rare to find non-religious people who are pro-life and against marrige equality. They do exist but a very small fraction compared to their religious counterparts.

And the subject is god which I don't believe in. See the difference. You are getting non-belief mixed up with belief.

Fine, but don't cop out if you find yourself or a loved one in an ambulance doing 80mph trying to get to the hospital in time.

If you don't believe god exists you are doing so by faith, you cannot know. We are here and you don't have any other answer you can posit that doesn't require faith.

Fine, but don't cop out if you find yourself or a loved one in an ambulance doing 80mph trying to get to the hospital in time.
Cop out about what. Are you suggesting prayer? Are you suggesting prayer works especially in life threatening instances.

If you don't believe god exists you are doing so by faith, you cannot know. We are here and you don't have any other answer you can posit that doesn't require faith.
Been through all this before. Answer any of my questions I asked you earlier. You won't because you know I'm right.

Cop out about what. Are you suggesting prayer? Are you suggesting prayer works especially in life threatening instances.

You know and I know your kind always cops out and begs God for help. Your supposed "atheism" is something you were led to believe but don't really believe. Of course there's always the chance you're such a miserable piece of shit that God won't hear you. Asking for help from the Big Guy doesn't always mean you'll be blessed with a good outcome; something I'm sure you've already found out. But don't give up; there's always a chance you'll come to your senses and He will forgive you your trespasses.

You didn't post ANY content. Go read a book is a cop out and intellectually bankrupt. Like I said, you're dishonest. Par for the course for libs, especially atheists.

Please stop? What are you, a 12 year old girl?
I gave you a link and told you to read the whole thing. It wasn't a book. You fail at every corner.

Atheists don't believe in God. Got it. Then why are they obsessed with God and have made it a personal goal to attack religion and other people's choice to believe?

I don't believe in Leprechauns, the Easter Bunny, Chupacabras, or big foot, but I don't go around attacking and disparaging anyone who does. I don't attack their faith. I don't care if they put up signs, put out Easter baskets, etc. I ignore it. Seeing, hearing others profess their belief in them doesn't bother me because I know (my beliefs) they don't exist, and something that doesn't exist doesn't bother me.

Choosing not to believe is not good enough for Liberals / Atheists, though. They have made it a goal to attack / disparage anyone who does believe, to strip every sight / sound of one's CHRISTIAN belief from the public. Christians can't voluntarily pray before a high school football game. Players can't point at the sky in thanks to God. No prayer in schools and at the workplace is frowned upon / 'attacked'...yet prayer rugs are provided to Muslims, criticism of their religion is avoided at all costs so as not to 'offend' THEM. The hypocrisy of Liberals and atheists in regards to the 2 different religions is incredible. Where is the demand that prayer rugs be removed from the public - 'Do it in your own house if you want' (something I have heard Libs say to/about Christians and prayer).

But, again, why do atheists feel the need to attack, disparage, and eliminate any and all references to something they do not believe in? Are they that 'threatened' by something that 'doesn't exist'? And if a God doesn't exist, where is their equal reactions to / treatment towards Muslims? It just seems to me that Atheists don't have as much of a problem with 'religion' as they do with Christians and Christianity.

You don't want public tax money to pay for abortion, and I don't want public funds used at publicly funded high school football games to support religion or prayer.

Is that really so hard for you to understand?

You know and I know your kind always cops out and begs God for help. Your supposed "atheism" is something you were led to believe but don't really believe. Of course there's always the chance you're such a miserable piece of shit that God won't hear you. Asking for help from the Big Guy doesn't always mean you'll be blessed with a good outcome; something I'm sure you've already found out. But don't give up; there's always a chance you'll come to your senses and He will forgive you your trespasses.

Always love it when someone who does not have a clue what he is talking about try to explain something that someone else, other than himself, believes.
Care to deliver a lecture on the nature of Universe String Theory, while you are at it?

Actually it is very rare to find non-religious people who are pro-life and against marrige equality. They do exist but a very small fraction compared to their religious counterparts.

Exactly. And there are plenty of religious folks who value freedom, and recognize the danger of making a woman's womb state property, or letting government dictate our marriage customs, regardless of their religions convictions.

If people want to worship an invisible, genocidal psychopath that purposefully allows children to be born only to let them suffer and starve until they die, that's fine by me.

That is an equivocation fallacy. You are applying the first definition of faith: 1. a complete trust or confidence in someone or something (Oxford English Dictionary), while ignoring the second and third: 2. strong belief in a religion 3. a system of religious belief. Using the word faith in such a context is similar to the way creationists refer to evolution as "just a theory" or hunch instead of: "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that is acquired through the scientific method and repeatedly tested and confirmed through observation and experimentation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theor)." Atheism is the disbelief; defined as lack of faith (definition 3 not 1), in the existence of a god or gods.
Atheism is a faith too usually follows the theist argument one cannot prove gods don't exist. Its logical conclusion is faith x is better than faith y for certain reasons. That is a terrible way for a believer to argue their religion. It amounts to mine sounds better since neither can be proven.

You know and I know your kind always cops out and begs God for help.
Sorry, never seen that happen.
Your supposed "atheism" is something you were led to believe but don't really believe.
How was I led to believe in a non belief? If anything I was led to believe (like most children) in a god when the idea of God was forced on me as a young child.
Of course there's always the chance you're such a miserable piece of shit that God won't hear you.
The profanity comes out early with you. First sign of the defeated. Just ask Mr. Ice Weasel.

Asking for help from the Big Guy doesn't always mean you'll be blessed with a good outcome; something I'm sure you've already found out. But don't give up; there's always a chance you'll come to your senses and He will forgive you your trespasses.
Never prayed in my life. If the outcome isn't what you want, what's the difference? Why pray at all?

Forum List

Back