RT News: So many people becoming Homeless in America "WHEN IS IT ENOUGH?"

Discussion in 'Media' started by hvactec, Sep 25, 2011.

1. hvactec

hvactec VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6nqR54q0NA]RT News: So many people becoming Homeless in America "WHEN IS IT ENOUGH?" - YouTube[/ame]

2. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Exactly what should be done about it? We have no money, or are you suggesting those that are working should give up even more of THEIR money?

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,973
    Got any homeless living with you? Do you donate all you can afford to homeless shelters? If the answer to this questions is no then why exactly do you expect the rest of us to do so?

4. C_Clayton_Jones

C_Clayton_Jones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23,869
    Find out why exactly these people are homeless.

A significant number of the homeless more than likely had jobs in job markets that are now dead and gone, jobs that won’t return even after the economy has recovered.

The best remedy for this is to invest in jobs and training programs based on employment in growth industries and markets. Such programs do exist but they’re poorly or inconsistency funded and administered, mostly due to political reasons.

For example, most Regional Workforce Boards place a greater emphasis on job placement rather then training, to appease state politicians who want to see people in jobs – any job, no matter how poorly those jobs pay or how temporary – in time for the next election.

Forcing someone who was making $30 an hour into a minimum wage job isn’t going to do anything to end unemployment or train individuals for new jobs in stable markets, much less pay a mortgage and other bills so one can stay in his home.

Yes, any job is better than none, and there’s nothing wrong with working your way back up from the bottom, but job placement should be conjoined with training, rather than one or the other as is most often the case.

5. tinydancer

tinydancer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,983
    I can't pull up the you tube but come on. I am blessed enough to be an individual who has dual citizenship, and I run both sides of the border. Currently in Canada.

I'm sick to death of the "whoa as me crap" that the media puts out in the States. I think all of the media need a freaking slap upside the head only followed with all the asswipe democrats who won't do jack shit but whine.

Why did anyone block the ability of anyone to move NYC homeless onto cruise vessels that are in the harbor?

Why? Because there is a business completely surrounding so called homeless. It's a great cause for politicians who only want to get re elected and not solve any problems.

That's the game.

6. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,983
    Most have addiction issues. Hey, I'm south of Winnipeg now and you've seen nothing like a woman attempting to apply for a job while she's stoned out of her head and carrying a baby and has a toddler right behind her.

Don't give me minimum wage shit. That's a lie.

Ever seen a woman so stoned out of her face in a welfare line up trying to do a line and breast feed at the same time? I have.

How about you?

Hence we have the homeless.

7. Douger

Douger BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +915
    Kill all the bankers and there won't be any mortgage payments.

8. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    the compassion has left this country.

its pretty sad when you have christians insisting the poor should stay poor becasue god made them that way

9. tinydancer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,983
    How sick to turn this into a religious moment.

But I'll play. Shocked the hell out of me to find out the Catholic Church donates more than anyone else on the planet to help organizations that help those less fortunate.

I was truly dumbfounded on that one. I was truly in shock.

10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    I wish it were enough.
    It never is.

Which is why we need to help our fellow Americans become strong and productive again