Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis standing firm as gays want her in jail

The founders of country did not specify that abnormal behavior or deviant behavior is protected in the Bill Of Rights or the Constitution. They did however specifically protect each individuals right to their own Religious beliefs and convictions. In this case her name is attached to that document and she refuses to issue a document that is going against her religious belief and convictions. She does not have to resign as the people voted her into that position.
The system set up by those founders using Documents such as The US Constitution is saying the gays have equal Rights to marry...that has been litigated to the Highest Court...the Bible does not , pardon the pun, Trump the Constitution...you are not in authority of any kind to declare what is abnormal or deviant........
I will repeat again, no where the Bill Rights or the United States Constitution is sodomy or protection thereof mention. It does however protect her belief in Religious Rights.

Indeed it does. And no one has stopped her from worshipping as she chooses.

And the website for the Rowan County Clerks office has a list of forms you can download. Including "• Application for Marriage/Divorce Certificate (Form: VS-230)" So her office also handles divorce records. Funny that her religious beliefs aren't stopping that.

the Gays as far as I can tell simply want their marriage license. They have a Constitutional Right to that document and the people of Kentucky do not get to vote on whether or not gays accrue those Rights...

The Clerk is saying her personally held beliefs are stronger than the US Constitution...OK then resign.....do not do a George Wallace in the doorway....
The founders of country did not specify that abnormal behavior or deviant behavior is protected in the Bill Of Rights or the Constitution. They did however specifically protect each individuals right to their own Religious beliefs and convictions. In this case her name is attached to that document and she refuses to issue a document that is going against her religious belief and convictions. She does not have to resign as the people voted her into that position.

She is being paid, in part, to issue marriage licenses. Either do it or resign. She does not have the authority to change the ruling of the US Supreme Court. She can either deal with it or resign.

BTW, do you know the name of the person who signed your marriage license? I have been married twice and have no clue who signed my marriage licenses. I know the state of Alabama issued it. But the signature is in the official capacity as clerk, not her personal approval.
She does not have to resign.

No she doesn't. She can go to jail until she is impeached.

The system set up by those founders using Documents such as The US Constitution is saying the gays have equal Rights to marry...that has been litigated to the Highest Court...the Bible does not , pardon the pun, Trump the Constitution...you are not in authority of any kind to declare what is abnormal or deviant........
I will repeat again, no where the Bill Rights or the United States Constitution is sodomy or protection thereof mention. It does however protect her belief in Religious Rights.

And the website for the Rowan County Clerks office has a list of forms you can download. Including "• Application for Marriage/Divorce Certificate (Form: VS-230)" So her office also handles divorce records. Funny that her religious beliefs aren't stopping that.
I would venture say that more than likely it is a very good possibility that either she or her spiritual guidance counselor is not as illiterate about the Bible as so many haters posting here in this forum are.

the Gays as far as I can tell simply want their marriage license. They have a Constitutional Right to that document and the people of Kentucky do not get to vote on whether or not gays accrue those Rights...

The Clerk is saying her personally held beliefs are stronger than the US Constitution...OK then resign.....do not do a George Wallace in the doorway....

She is being paid, in part, to issue marriage licenses. Either do it or resign. She does not have the authority to change the ruling of the US Supreme Court. She can either deal with it or resign.

BTW, do you know the name of the person who signed your marriage license? I have been married twice and have no clue who signed my marriage licenses. I know the state of Alabama issued it. But the signature is in the official capacity as clerk, not her personal approval.

So are you personally going to make sure that happens. That will really help the Sodomite's and their cause now won't it.

So are you personally going to make sure that happens. That will really help the Sodomite's and their cause now won't it.

It will help everyone in Rowan county who wants to get married. And yes, most of them are sodomites. In fact, I would say there are few people wanting to marry that don't commit sodomy.

H7KVvdZ.jpg

Granny says, "Dat's right, if she ain't gay herself - den she shouldn't be issuin' a same-sex marriage license...

Carly Fiorina: 'Not Appropriate' for Christian County Clerk Not to Issue Same-Sex Marriage Licenses
September 2, 2015 | GOP presidential candidate Carly Fiorina told the Hugh Hewitt show on Tuesday that it was “inappropriate” for a Kentucky clerk to refuse to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples. “Given the role that she’s playing, given the fact that the government is paying her salary, I think that is not appropriate. Now that’s my personal opinion,” said Fiorina.
Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis, an elected official, vowed not to resign Tuesday under threat of fines and jail time after deciding not to issue marriage licenses to any couples - straight or gay - rather than be forced to comply with the Supreme Court ruling that legalized gay marriage nationwide. U.S. District Judge David Bunning ordered her to issue the licenses, and an appeals court affirmed that order. The Supreme Court refused to intervene Monday, leaving her no legal option to refuse. She faces a potential misdemeanor charge of official misconduct for refusing to perform her duties, the Associated Press reported. “And let me close our conversation by throwing a hard one at you. There’s a Kentucky county clerk today. She’s refusing to issue licenses to same-sex marriage couples. She’s in comtempt of court in essence. What would your advice be to her?” Hewitt asked Fiorina on Tuesday.

“First, I think that we must protect religious liberties with great passion and be willing to expend a lot of political capital to do so now, because it’s clear religious liberty is under assault in many, many ways. Having said that, when you are a government employee, I think you take on a different role,” Fiorina said. “When you are a government employee as opposed to say, an employee of another kind of organization, then in essence, you are agreeing to act as an arm of the government, and while I disagree with this court’s decision, their actions are clear,” she said.

“And so I think in this particular case, this woman now needs to make a decision that’s [about] conscience: Is she prepared to continue to work for the government, be paid for by the government, in which case she needs to execute the government’s will, or does she feel so strongly about this that she wants to sever her employment with the government and go seek employment elsewhere where her religious liberties would be paramount over her duties as a government employee,” the former Hewlett Packard CEO said.

“You don’t counsel that she continue civil disobedience?” Hewitt asked. “Given the role that she’s playing, given the fact that the government is paying her salary, I think that is not appropriate. Now that’s my personal opinion. Others may disagree with that, but I think it’s a very different situation for her than someone in a hospital who’s asked to perform an abortion or someone at a florist who’s asked to serve a gay wedding. I think when you’re a government employee, you are put into a different position honestly,” said Fiorina.

Carly Fiorina: 'Not Appropriate' for Christian County Clerk Not to Issue Same-Sex Marriage Licenses

See also:

Planned Parenthood's Margaret Sanger Not Sure Whether Adultery and Murder Are Sins
September 1, 2015 |

Last edited:
The Constitutional Legal system already ruled.....

I would venture say that more than likely it is a very good possibility that either she or her spiritual guidance counselor is not as illiterate about the Bible as so many haters posting here in this forum are.

The Bible is absolutely irrelevant...the Constitution rules...not the Bible...Thank God

The Bible is absolutely irrelevant...the Constitution rules...not the Bible...Thank God
The Constitution was made up ----- unless of course you believe it was the result of the Biblical influence of European Christians who had traveled to the New World to get away from State manipulated religious oppression. The Bible is not irrelevant. But YOU are, if government can dictate morality at its own will. Clearly, this lady did not take the position when homosexuality was the standard of the Nation. Now that it is, I do not believe that she should set aside what she believes was once accepted by society as morally decadent as divinely inspired. Government is not GOD and it needs to remember that.

Last edited:
The Constitution was made up ----- unless of course you believe it was the result of the Biblical influence of European Christians who had traveled to the New World to get away from State manipulated religious oppression. The Bible is not irrelevant. But YOU are if government can dictate morality.

The Bible is made up...its not something Real.....The Constitution is real......

The Constitution was made up ----- unless of course you believe it was the result of the Biblical influence of European Christians who had traveled to the New World to get away from State manipulated religious oppression. The Bible is not irrelevant. But YOU are if government can dictate morality. Clearly, this lady did not take the position when homosexuality was the standard of the Nation. Now that it is, I do not believe that she should set aside what she believes was once accepted by society as morally decadent as divinely inspired. Government is not GOD and it needs to remember that.

So you think this is about morality? How does her denying marriage licenses to everyone in Rowan County help morality? As a matter of fact, how is not allowing gays to marry effecting morality. Do you think they will stop bing gay?

Kim Davis has a job to do. And she swore an oath to uphold the state and federal laws, and defnd the US Constitution. She is required by that law to follow the instructions of the Gov. of Kentucky. She is required to follow court orders.

But if you want to go with what is "made up", then get ready for Sharia Law. The Christians claim that the Bible was inspired by God. The Muslims claim the Quran was actually written by God. If you want to go with your "made up" idea, the Quran wins too.

The Constitution was made up ----- unless of course you believe it was the result of the Biblical influence of European Christians who had traveled to the New World to get away from State manipulated religious oppression. The Bible is not irrelevant. But YOU are if government can dictate morality.

The Bible is made up...its not something Real.....The Constitution is real......
The Bible is the compilation of thousands of years of soul searching. The Constitution was established yesterday in comparison. However, it was designed by men who took the Bible quite seriously and held it in very high regard... Which is more than I can say for you and your respect for either the Bible or the Constitution.

The Constitution was made up ----- unless of course you believe it was the result of the Biblical influence of European Christians who had traveled to the New World to get away from State manipulated religious oppression. The Bible is not irrelevant. But YOU are if government can dictate morality. Clearly, this lady did not take the position when homosexuality was the standard of the Nation. Now that it is, I do not believe that she should set aside what she believes was once accepted by society as morally decadent as divinely inspired. Government is not GOD and it needs to remember that.

So you think this is about morality? How does her denying marriage licenses to everyone in Rowan County help morality? As a matter of fact, how is not allowing gays to marry effecting morality. Do you think they will stop bing gay?

Kim Davis has a job to do. And she swore an oath to uphold the state and federal laws, and defnd the US Constitution. She is required by that law to follow the instructions of the Gov. of Kentucky. She is required to follow court orders.

But if you want to go with what is "made up", then get ready for Sharia Law. The Christians claim that the Bible was inspired by God. The Muslims claim the Quran was actually written by God. If you want to go with your "made up" idea, the Quran wins too.
The Constitution was not the "brainchild" of men who studied the Quran. And it seems rather sad to point out that hundreds of thousands of refugees are streaming to the West to escape the oppression of the end results regarding the teachings of that Quran. The Bible is much older and the Quran is a usurper that does fortunately recognize selected portions of the Old Testament and Jesus. It simply puts a humanistic slant on salvation without recognition of GOD's ultimate sacrifice.

Do you believe child molesters can stop being molesters? Do you believe a murderer can be redeemed? Do you think that prostitutes can only remain prostitutes? And do you imagine that those who take drugs, smoke, or drink are trapped? Even Jesus said to the prostitute, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more." Must a man have sex with anyone? I would say with Christ all things are possible. Without Christ nothing is possible. And yet TODAY our permissive society shuns open discussions of GOD and the Holy Bible in governmentally controlled education. Yet the open discussion of gay acceptance is mandated. Seems rather lopsided to me.

I believe that the only ones she needs to answer to are the voters who put her that office before marriage was redefined by our morally confused government.

I believe that the only ones she needs to answer to are the voters who put her that office before marriage was redefined by our morally confused government.

She needs to resign or issue the licenses...her Religion DOES NOT TRUMP THE US CONSTITUTION...

And, of course, there is the matter of Davis’s four marriages (and subsequent divorces) to contend with. Corinthians 7:39 reads, “A woman is bound to her husband as long as he lives.” And Matthew 5:31-32 explicitly states, “I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.”

She belongs in jail, until Hell has a place for her...
Yep, all her whoring around will guarantee Hell for her.

Ky. clerk in gay marriage fracas married 4 times: records

The Kentucky county clerk who is stopping gay couples from being marriedbecause of her literal interpretation of the Bible has herself been married four times and conceived twins by having sex outside her marriage, according to court records.

Kim Davis, 49, who has defied the U.S. Supreme Court and continues to refuse to issue marriage licenses to same sex-couples, was married and divorced three times — in 1994, 2006 and 2008, according to U.S. News & World Report.

She gave birth to twins five months after she divorced her first husband. The father of those twins was her third husband, according to the records.

<more>

libs should love her then!

Forum List

Back