Rove slams Obama over 'bitter' comments, flag pin

As you said, with your one comment, he really never takes a position, on anything. How about his votes on 'present' in Illinois or the US Senate? Oh never mind, he's destined.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/24/fact_check_obamas_present_votes/

THE SPIN: Obama portrays himself as someone voters can trust to tell the truth and skip the usual political games. Clinton and John Edwards are using his "present" votes to offer a different picture -- one of Obama ducking tough issues or refusing to support common-sense legislation.

THE FACTS: Obama acknowledges that over nearly eight years in the Illinois Senate, he voted "present" 129 times. That was out of roughly 4,000 votes he cast, so those "presents" amounted to about one of every 31 votes in his legislative career.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2008/01/24/fact_check_obamas_present_votes/

THE SPIN: Obama portrays himself as someone voters can trust to tell the truth and skip the usual political games. Clinton and John Edwards are using his "present" votes to offer a different picture -- one of Obama ducking tough issues or refusing to support common-sense legislation.

THE FACTS: Obama acknowledges that over nearly eight years in the Illinois Senate, he voted "present" 129 times. That was out of roughly 4,000 votes he cast, so those "presents" amounted to about one of every 31 votes in his legislative career.

Of those less present, how many were absent?

Read my statement carefully. There were roughly 4000 votes that he case. Of those votes, he voted present on roughly 130. Therefore, he voted yes or no on the remaining 3870 votes.

Or not present, you forgot that.

Oh my God. Is this the level of desparation republicans have sunk to? Flag lapel pins, and voting present, in 1 out of every 31 votes?

They've got nuthin'. Its' gonna be a blow out in November. And we even had the courtesy to warn them as far back as 2000, that they were electing a dangerously incompetent knucklehead to drive their party over the cliff.

Oh my God. Is this the level of desparation republicans have sunk to? Flag lapel pins, and voting present, in 1 out of every 31 votes?

They've got nuthin'. Its' gonna be a blow out in November. And we even had the courtesy to warn them as far back as 2000, that they were electing a dangerously incompetent knucklehead to drive their party over the cliff.

Actually DCD, it's the level that Democrats sunk to for several election cycles. Deal with it.

Actually DCD, it's the level that Democrats sunk to for several election cycles. Deal with it.

LOL... come on, Kathianne. From the hypocrites who impeached a sitting/popular president for a personal indiscretion while carrying on their own affairs and who brought us the swiftboat liars? RAFLMAO!

You feeling a little disingenuous tonight?

I'm glad you can admit the republicans are running on an empty tank, and have nothing to campaign on other than silly flag lapels, and the handful of present votes obama cast. Stand up and take a bow, you helped elect the most incompetent president in living memory, one who is driving your party and our country over the cliff.

I don't remember the democrats ever campaigning of flag burning, gay marriage, lapel pins, or obscure ministers from chicago. I thought they campaigned in 2006 on Iraq and corruption.

Right. And when one doesn't cast any vote, one is NOT PRESENT.

Which doesn't account for the 4,000 times he CAST a vote.

Keep at the shady tactics Kathianne. They didn't help y'all against Childers, they won't help in the general either.

Which doesn't account for the 4,000 times he CAST a vote.

Keep at the shady tactics Kathianne. They didn't help y'all against Childers, they won't help in the general either.

and those votes posted where on the liberal/conservative spectrum? Is that really what America wants? My guess, yes, not that they will understand what it is they are electing. But HE, the Obama is the coming messiah, so they'll vote now and repent later. Let's just hope that the US can take this hit.

and those votes posted where on the liberal/conservative spectrum? Is that really what America wants? My guess, yes, not that they will understand what it is they are electing. But HE, the Obama is the coming messiah, so they'll vote now and repent later. Let's just hope that the US can take this hit.

More fear-mongering. What a surprise.

LOL... come on, Kathianne. From the hypocrites who impeached a sitting/popular president for a personal indiscretion while carrying on their own affairs and who brought us the swiftboat liars? RAFLMAO!

You feeling a little disingenuous tonight?

Right. Clinton was only popular with you lefties. And let's don't marginalize what he did. His "personal indiscretion" was done in the White House while he was President of the US, arguably the most powerful position on Earth. It definitely showed a lack of moral character.

The Swiftboaters weren't liars. Your own link says they aren't. Yet you persist in posting the same lame accusation. Your cherrypicking and twisting what snopes said doesn't change what it actually states.

And WHO exactly are you accusing? WHO "brought us" the Swiftboaters? They brought themselves. Yet ANOTHER baseless accusation.

Any more of your worn out, baseless accusation you want to deflect the conversation with?

If I were in an opposition's Camp....I would check in to those 129 votes of present to see if Obama has a "trend" of voting "present" on only controversial issues....on the hard ones....was he "ducking" or not....

Or I would look in to whether the things he voted "present" on were because he had some sort of "conflict of interest" type thing....

But basically, what i am trying to say is that although I believe you have made a very good point by showing how few of these "present" votes there really were compared to his total votes during the same period, DON'T count the Repubs out to go through those hundred and some "present" votes with a fine tooth comb to see if there are any trends to the "Present" votes that could be exploited and work to their advantage.

care

If I were in an opposition's Camp....I would check in to those 129 votes of present to see if Obama has a "trend" of voting "present" on only controversial issues....on the hard ones....was he "ducking" or not....

Or I would look in to whether the things he voted "present" on were because he had some sort of "conflict of interest" type thing....

Hillary did. She questioned some specific votes, but Obama explained them all. There are numerous reasons for voting present other than cowardice.

But basically, what i am trying to say is that although I believe you have made a very good point by showing how few of these "present" votes there really were compared to his total votes during the same period, DON'T count the Repubs out to go through those hundred and some "present" votes with a fine tooth comb to see if there are any trends to the "Present" votes that could be exploited and work to their advantage.

care

Hillary's already done that. She didn't come up with much. And I doubt the Republicans will attack him for not voting for a pro-choice bill.

Forum List

Back