Rove slams Obama over 'bitter' comments, flag pin

You have the option of removing that or I will. While Obama might be hiding behind race as a means to affect a win, he has done nothing that I am aware of that would label him a racist.

You are free however to provide evidence to substantiate what is currently a biased, and unsupported claim.

so you don't believe his church is racist? or that his "typical white person" when describing his white grandmother's reaction to black men was not racist?

here is what his church is founded on:

Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.
http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

Your boy made a statement about lapel pins which was one of the few things I respected about him. Now, when he wants us dumb, unedumicated, gun-totin' rednecks to vote for him, he comes up with one.
My boy? I'm tired, so I'll let that slide.

Maybe Obama just got tired of being villified by idiots, and wanted to eliminate a source of distraction. It's not like Obama has reversed himself on a number of serious issues.

so you don't believe his church is racist? or that his "typical white person" when describing his white grandmother's reaction to black men was not racist?

here is what his church is founded on:

Trinity United Church of Christ is based upon the systematized liberation theology that started in 1969 with the publication of Dr. James Cone’s book, Black Power and Black Theology.
http://www.tucc.org/talking_points.htm

I believe the church is founded with the issue of race being one of its base tenets. I believe some of the things Wright preaches are racist and divisive. I don't believe everything he preaches is racist and devisive.

I can completely understand a book titled "Black Power" from 1969. It was only a couple of years before that black were given complete equality by law, but they still were struggling against a white infrastructure that resisted the change.

As I have stated before, it does not matter specifically what the church was founded on, IF the church has moved on and ket up with the times. It's quite obvious that in many ways, Wright has not, and has kept a congregation in perpetual 1950s-1960s civil rights-era mindset. He and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and those like them have made fortunes perpetuating that mindest. After all, what would they do for jobs if the mindset no longer exists?

The REAL question here is which of those beliefs/mindset does Obama embrace? I don't accept that he attended a church for 20 years and does not embrace some if not all of that church's beliefs. It is a blatantly obvious contradiction, church being based on belief.

At the same time, I also do not accept blanket accusations against Obama without knowledge of what he does and does not believe that the church teaches.

My boy? I'm tired, so I'll let that slide.

Maybe Obama just got tired of being villified by idiots, and wanted to eliminate a source of distraction. It's not like Obama has reversed himself on a number of serious issues.

There's nothing TO let slide. It's more than obvious that the context of the term I used is that Obama is your candidate. I have yet to, and will not change the way I speak for overly-sensitive political correctness that see racism around every corner, in every shadow and under every bed.

Your attempt to expalin Obama's lapel pin is called an excuse. He's pandering to a demograph it has become glaringly obvious he has alienated.

It's all politics and along with everyone else in the game, Obama is a Politician, as the reverend Wright had mentioned himself....

Just think about this for a nanosecond....Barak Obama would not have succeeded in our political system and become a Senator of Illinois or a Senator of the United States or the President of the United States if he had NOT PLAYED THE POLITICAL "game"....

You don't make it "inside" the arena unless you are a "insider", which Obama is, like everyone else that made it inside....

There IS NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever, between Obama, or Hillary or Mccain....NONE, when it comes to politics.

They each will do what is politically necessary to win....Obama is not a Messiah, just as George Bush was not a Messiah for the conservatives, which they thought he would be, when he was first elected, who eventually let them down.

Obama.....he IS A POLITICIAN, and a good one at that....but human, not messiah like, human, and humans are faulty....so, no politician deserves the Pedestal in this country or anywhere on Earth.....it'll only come to disappoint us imo.
:(
Care

It's all politics and along with everyone else in the game, Obama is a Politician, as the reverend Wright had mentioned himself....

Just think about this for a nanosecond....Barak Obama would not have succeeded in our political system and become a Senator of Illinois or a Senator of the United States or the President of the United States if he had NOT PLAYED THE POLITICAL "game"....

You don't make it "inside" the arena unless you are a "insider", which Obama is, like everyone else that made it inside....

There IS NO DIFFERENCE whatsoever, between Obama, or Hillary or Mccain....NONE, when it comes to politics.

They each will do what is politically necessary to win....Obama is not a Messiah, just as George Bush was not a Messiah for the conservatives, which they thought he would be, when he was first elected, who eventually let them down.

Obama.....he IS A POLITICIAN, and a good one at that....but human, not messiah like, human, and humans are faulty....so, no politician deserves the Pedestal in this country or anywhere on Earth.....it'll only come to disappoint us imo.
Care

Been reading my stuff again, huh?:lol:

Not sure about the Bush being a messiah thing though. I thought the same thing of him as you have just stated about politicians in general. He was just less kooky than his two opponents, IMO.

Of course Obama is pandering. Had he not made such a big deal about NOT wearing the lapel pin, his suddenly coming up with one probably wouldn't draw second glance.

It just makes me wonder just how stupid these people think we are with such blatantly obvious crap right in our faces. IMO, it just makes him appear MORE the elitist, not less.

"Ill just slap this Sean Hannity lapel pin on and those ignorant, out of work, skeered, beer-swilling, gun-toting rednecks will never notice I wasn't always one of them.":rolleyes:

Not sure about the Bush being a messiah thing though. I thought the same thing of him as you have just stated about politicians in general. He was just less kooky than his two opponents, IMO.

Of course Obama is pandering. Had he not made such a big deal about NOT wearing the lapel pin, his suddenly coming up with one probably wouldn't draw second glance.

It just makes me wonder just how stupid these people think we are with such blatantly obvious crap right in our faces. IMO, it just makes him appear MORE the elitist, not less.

"Ill just slap this Sean Hannity lapel pin on and those ignorant, out of work, skeered, beer-swilling, gun-toting rednecks will never notice I wasn't always one of them.":rolleyes:
you were level headed....not all Bush followers were...just like not all Obama followers....and in my experience, this only comes to disappoint us...

care

You mean you aren't out there reading your Bible and cleaning your guns with bitterness in your heart?

Care

He is a politician. But that doesn't mean he is evil, merely flawed. There is a reason so many people here have such ammo against him to call him a racist, hamas supporter, blah blah. And thats because he is willing to take actual positions and stick up for stuff as much as he can. He stuck up for Wright at first, despite massive calls for him to condemn Wright. Then when he couldn't do it anymore because Wright himself made it politicially impossible, he condemned him.

He is a politician. But that doesn't mean he is evil, merely flawed. There is a reason so many people here have such ammo against him to call him a racist, hamas supporter, blah blah. And thats because he is willing to take actual positions and stick up for stuff as much as he can. He stuck up for Wright at first, despite massive calls for him to condemn Wright. Then when he couldn't do it anymore because Wright himself made it politicially impossible, he condemned him.

I agree with you Larkinn, I have never said or accused Obama of being evil....I am just saying that SOME people that are supporting and defending him, shouldn't put him up so high on the political pedestal....he is only HUMAN and will falter and make some mistakes....this is why taking the stance of ALWAYS supporting "your guy", even when he is wrong, is hurting ourselves....we need to call out where we differ, so our voices can be heard and we, collectively, can make our political system better, better for us, we the people.

Care

I believe the church is founded with the issue of race being one of its base tenets. I believe some of the things Wright preaches are racist and divisive. I don't believe everything he preaches is racist and devisive.

I can completely understand a book titled "Black Power" from 1969. It was only a couple of years before that black were given complete equality by law, but they still were struggling against a white infrastructure that resisted the change.

As I have stated before, it does not matter specifically what the church was founded on, IF the church has moved on and ket up with the times. It's quite obvious that in many ways, Wright has not, and has kept a congregation in perpetual 1950s-1960s civil rights-era mindset. He and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and those like them have made fortunes perpetuating that mindest. After all, what would they do for jobs if the mindset no longer exists?

The REAL question here is which of those beliefs/mindset does Obama embrace? I don't accept that he attended a church for 20 years and does not embrace some if not all of that church's beliefs. It is a blatantly obvious contradiction, church being based on belief.

At the same time, I also do not accept blanket accusations against Obama without knowledge of what he does and does not believe that the church teaches.

i have replied, not directly to this, in the white power thread. as to your last though, do you have anything where obama speaks out against a belief of his church? the thing with him is, he says that only "some" of what wright said was offensive. what is the "some?" it was not until wright said that obama was just being a politician in speaking out against what wright said, that obama finally said, ok, he is a divisive person and if he would not have retired i would have left the church. yet, a mere few weeks before this, he lovingly defended wright and referred to him as an uncle. while he disparaged "some" of wright's comments, he also pulled a dogger and basically said that his experiences and past discrimination virtually justify this way of thinking.

if you something that says he does not support that church i am interested. further food for thought -- obama said that if wright had not retired, he would have left -- so, why is it that the new pastor COMPLETELY defended wright and said wright was CRUCIFIED in the media. doesn't that indicate the church and its new pastor fully support wright. as far as i know, obama the politician is the only one from that church to criticize wright. maybe wright was right, obama is merely being a politician in criticizing him.....

What positions? I have yet to see O'bama take a single hard position on anything....just political platitudes. He talks about Universal Health but has yet to offer ANY specifics on that would be implemented. He talks about opening negotiations with Hamas and Iran but has NEVER told us WHAT he wants to talk about. He talks about pulling out of Iraq but offers NO specifics about what shape that pullout takes and what he will do if the country falls to pieces in a Cambodian style meltdown. He has NO energy policy at all. Nothing...

At least O'Reilly forced Hillary to get very specific on at least some points. And he'll do the same to McCain. No one in the industry can pin politicians down the way O'Reilly can, which why Obama will have nothing to do with him and is currently taking the coward's way out.

i have replied, not directly to this, in the white power thread. as to your last though, do you have anything where obama speaks out against a belief of his church? the thing with him is, he says that only "some" of what wright said was offensive. what is the "some?" it was not until wright said that obama was just being a politician in speaking out against what wright said, that obama finally said, ok, he is a divisive person and if he would not have retired i would have left the church. yet, a mere few weeks before this, he lovingly defended wright and referred to him as an uncle. while he disparaged "some" of wright's comments, he also pulled a dogger and basically said that his experiences and past discrimination virtually justify this way of thinking.

if you something that says he does not support that church i am interested. further food for thought -- obama said that if wright had not retired, he would have left -- so, why is it that the new pastor COMPLETELY defended wright and said wright was CRUCIFIED in the media. doesn't that indicate the church and its new pastor fully support wright. as far as i know, obama the politician is the only one from that church to criticize wright. maybe wright was right, obama is merely being a politician in criticizing him.....

I have not said he does not support his church. What I understand is that one can attend a church and not embrace every single one of its views.

My point is, that while I believe Obama must embrace most of his church's doctrine, we don't know specifically what he does and does not embrace as individual issues without his addressing them.

I don't much care for making blind, unsupported allegations.

Again, that's not true.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe7wTVbLUU[/ame]

All you have to do is actually listen to the speech. Same as if you want to know his stance on issues, you go on his website.

I would understand your not agreeing with him. But to keep saying you don't know his positions, when they're fairly clear...an certainly clearer than most politicians, seems a bit disingenuous.

As I have stated before, it does not matter specifically what the church was founded on, IF the church has moved on and ket up with the times. It's quite obvious that in many ways, Wright has not, and has kept a congregation in perpetual 1950s-1960s civil rights-era mindset. He and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and those like them have made fortunes perpetuating that mindest. After all, what would they do forWow jobs if the mindset no longer exists?

Wow, a real moderate that tries to espouse what so many of us 'conservatives' think. Thanks, Gunny!

What positions? I have yet to see O'bama take a single hard position on anything....just political platitudes.

He talks about Universal Health but has yet to offer ANY specifics on that would be implemented.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/HealthCareFullPlan.pdf

He talks about opening negotiations with Hamas and Iran but has NEVER told us WHAT he wants to talk about.

http://www.barackobama.com/2007/09/12/remarks_of_senator_barack_obam_23.php
http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/IsraelFactSheet.pdf

He talks about pulling out of Iraq but offers NO specifics about what shape that pullout takes and what he will do if the country falls to pieces in a Cambodian style meltdown.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/IraqFactSheet.pdf

He has NO energy policy at all. Nothing...snip.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/EnergyFactSheet.pdf

That's probably about 70 pages of detailed policy proposals for you to read. It should take you a while.

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/HealthCareFullPlan.pdf

http://www.barackobama.com/2007/09/12/remarks_of_senator_barack_obam_23.php
http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/IsraelFactSheet.pdf

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/IraqFactSheet.pdf

http://www.barackobama.com/issues/pdf/EnergyFactSheet.pdf

That's probably about 70 pages of detailed policy proposals for you to read. It should take you a while.

As you said, with your one comment, he really never takes a position, on anything. How about his votes on 'present' in Illinois or the US Senate? Oh never mind, he's destined.

Forum List

Back