Ronnie says Negro! No one cares!

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Obama: Fire Imus - ABC News

Double standards suck dont they.

Hey. Imus deserved what he got. He overstepped the boundaries. He insulted female athletes and he insulted african americans. It was wrong.

Reid insulted the intelligence of the American Voter. He should not step down, but he should apologize. He may be right as it pertains to some, but regardless, if he believed he owed Sharpton an apology, then he owes the American electorate an apology.

I wasn't defending IMUS. Just saying the president wouldn't accept IMUS' apology but very quickly accepted reid's. It appears on the surface to be a double standard.

I really think reid owes the American people, whos senate he resides over, an apology for his comments about us.

He apologized for a poor choice of words... and he did NOT apologize to the American voters... nor should he have to. He said NOTHING that he needs to apologize to me or you for, that is for certain. the sentiment he spoke is completely accurate. America was obviously ready to elect a light skinned, articulate Harvard grad... they were probably not ready to elect a dark skinned black man who spoke ebonics.

So you are prejudiced toward the american voting populace and agree with Reid that the majority of voting americans are racist in nature. Good to know.

I am not prejudiced against anyone. I accept the fact that many Americans are, however. I guess you can't accept that reality. good to know.

No doubt some americans are prejudiced....but I have proof that the majority are not, his name is Barack Hussein Obama and he is our ELECTED President.

I never mentioned Pelosi...he should not have either....

from your own link:

"The floor leaders of each party today are elected by a majority vote of all the Senators of the said party assembled in a conference or, as it sometimes is called, a caucus."

like I said...his constituencies are the citizens of Nevada and the members of the democratic caucus. period.

Only an asshole hack would cite a small line found in an entire article to suppoort his week and feeble argument.

Are you an asshole hack? I say you are. No. I know you are. You are an asshole hack.

LMAO. CIte one small line out of an entire explanation of what the senate majority leader is and what he does.

Yup. You are an asshole hack.

I understand full well what the senate majority leader DOES and I understand full well that what he does has an impact on al Americans. Regardless, ALL AMERICANS are NOT his constituency.

Now why not quit calling me names and refute that.

I refer to you as an asshole hack becuase you put words in my mouth. Please show me where I referred to the SML as one who has all Americans as his constituancy?

I simply said his responsibilities go way beyond that as a senator from Nevada.

And that is one reason you are an asshole hack. Why? Becuase putting words in the mouth of the opposition is what asshole hacks do in a debate.

Then please tell me why he apologized to Obama. What was the apology for? Why did he apologize to Sharpton? What was that apology for?

Was he apologizing for the American Voters? I do not recall him saying so nor do I recall Obama saying so.

Please. Tell me. Why did he feel the need to apologize to anyone if all he did was tell the truth.

I find your assessment quite interesting.

He apologized for a poor choice of words... and he did NOT apologize to the American voters... nor should he have to. He said NOTHING that he needs to apologize to me or you for, that is for certain. the sentiment he spoke is completely accurate. America was obviously ready to elect a light skinned, articulate Harvard grad... they were probably not ready to elect a dark skinned black man who spoke ebonics.

Hey, asshole hack. I have a question for you.

Would you have voted for Obama if he were darker skinned?

Do you know anyone who voted for Obama that would not have voted for Obama if he had darker skin?

DO you truly believe that America was not ready to elect a President who spoke the King's English but had dark skin?

looks like you have three questions for me... but I never knew a jarhead with the intelligence to count, so .... no biggie.

1. yes
2. no
3. Reid's comments about a "negro dialect" precluded the king's english part of that question. I do NOT think that America would elect a black man who spoke ebonics. do you?

Hey. Imus deserved what he got. He overstepped the boundaries. He insulted female athletes and he insulted african americans. It was wrong.

Reid insulted the intelligence of the American Voter. He should not step down, but he should apologize. He may be right as it pertains to some, but regardless, if he believed he owed Sharpton an apology, then he owes the American electorate an apology.

I wasn't defending IMUS. Just saying the president wouldn't accept IMUS' apology but very quickly accepted reid's. It appears on the surface to be a double standard.

I really think reid owes the American people, whos senate he resides over, an apology for his comments about us.

On the surface, yes. But any intelligent person, yourself being one that meets that criteria, would not have seen this as an attack on Obama, SHarpton or the black community.

The fact that Obama and Sharpton accepted the apology and said the case was closed was inappropriate.

It would be like Letterman apologizing to Obama for his comments about Palins daughter.

Both letterman and Obama would have been completely in the wrong.

Only an asshole hack would cite a small line found in an entire article to suppoort his week and feeble argument.

Are you an asshole hack? I say you are. No. I know you are. You are an asshole hack.

LMAO. CIte one small line out of an entire explanation of what the senate majority leader is and what he does.

Yup. You are an asshole hack.

I understand full well what the senate majority leader DOES and I understand full well that what he does has an impact on al Americans. Regardless, ALL AMERICANS are NOT his constituency.

I refer to you as an asshole hack becuase you put words in my mouth. Please show me where I referred to the SML as one who has all Americans as his constituancy?

And that is one reason you are an asshole hack. Why? Becuase putting words in the mouth of the opposition is what asshole hacks do in a debate.
he has responsibilities that go beyond that of a senator from Nevada, but none of those responsibilities are to YOU.. and therefore, he owes YOU shit.... if you don't like him as SML, you have three options. 1. move to Nevada and vote against him. 2. call your democratic senator if your state has one and demand that he call for Reid's ouster, or 3. STFU

:lol: Make up your mind. When is Imus going to apologize to me??? He thought everyone would agree with his sexist and racist remarks...that makes him racist against everyone...hell, and sexist, too...did he apologize to anyone???

:eek:

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

OUCH....good find there Pilgrim

yeah, it's not like calling the girls "nappy headed ho's was racist or anything".

:cuckoo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFAXnCFk5IE

How do you spell hypocrite? R e p u b l i c a n

But yet, we have the United Negro College Fund and that's just a-ok.

Way to bring up something from 20+ years ago and try to stir the race pot with it, Rav. No one else could have done it better :thup:
There have been many comments on this board that if a Republican uttered the word Negro he or she would be torn apart by howling hordes of Democrats.

I offered proof that it wasn't so.

Hey, asshole hack. I have a question for you.

Would you have voted for Obama if he were darker skinned?

Do you know anyone who voted for Obama that would not have voted for Obama if he had darker skin?

DO you truly believe that America was not ready to elect a President who spoke the King's English but had dark skin?

looks like you have three questions for me... but I never knew a jarhead with the intelligence to count, so .... no biggie.

1. yes
2. no
3. Reid's comments about a "negro dialect" precluded the king's english part of that question. I do NOT think that America would elect a black man who spoke ebonics. do you?

OK. Now we are getting somewhere.
First of all. You criticizing DD's intelligence wqas warranted with my asshole hack crap. SO I will not respond and ask that we start over.
Secondly. I do not believe Americva would elect any man or woman that did not speak English the way it was taught in American schools.
So overall, looking at your response, Reid was not accurate by any means. More likely than not, Obama's skin TONE played no role in his getting elected.
His dialect did. But that would hold true for any color candidate.
Do you now MAYBE see my point?
The dialect thing did not bother me in the least. The lightness of Obamas skin thing did.

you think "nappy headed ho's" is the same as an older man using the word "negro"?

:lol: Make up your mind. When is Imus going to apologize to me??? He thought everyone would agree with his sexist and racist remarks...that makes him racist against everyone...hell, and sexist, too...did he apologize to anyone???

:eek:

Actually, he emphatically apologized to the girls and to the public. Day after day, on the radio and via press releases.

Reid simply gave us a 2 minute press conference saying that Obama accepted his apology and it was a poor choice of words.

All I can say is "no shit".

he has responsibilities that go beyond that of a senator from Nevada, but none of those responsibilities are to YOU.. and therefore, he owes YOU shit.... if you don't like him as SML, you have three options. 1. move to Nevada and vote against him. 2. call your democratic senator if your state has one and demand that he call for Reid's ouster, or 3. STFU

1 and 2 I can understand.
3? Isnt this America where we can speak our minds?

It was racist and sexist.
Imus screwed up. He is not a racist, but he deserved what he got.

I agree. He did deserve what he got. And ultimately, he made amends.

But as much as I think Reid sounded silly using the word "negro", i don't see where he did anything but make a political assessment of the situation.

Forum List

Back