Ronnie says Negro! No one cares!

Ya think?

Well, actually, this comment by Reid was not an attack towrd the African American population. It was an attack on the thinking of the white electorate.

wow...impressive spin...

If that were true, then why did he apologize to Obama?

TX Longhorn...as a white american, I was offended by Reid's comments. He basically called me and all other voting americans racists.

Its not spin its fact....the spin is the apology to obama, thats the spin in the story.

Mr Obama, the light skinned Negro who is clean and only speaks in a Negro dialect when he wants to and a few years ago would have been fetching coffee for powerful White Senators, was not offended by the statements of Reid or Clinton.

Therefore it is logical to assume that he, the LSNWICAOSIANDWHWTAAFYAWHBFCFPWS, would not have been offended by Ronald Reagan's use of the word Negro.

Well written and well said.
Personally, I dont get what is wrong with our media. Fox news and CNN included. They reported on this as something that may stir up the black population.
Likewise, are Obama and Reid so naive they actually saw this as a possible insult to black americans and not white americans? And therefore Obama believed an apology to HIM was all that was necessary?

Everyday I become more and more disenchanted with our POTUS. He seems to be very disconnected with the people.

Do you really not see how it is offensive to blacks? Seriously? Basically he said that since Obama didn't talk like a negro and look like a negro he would make a good candidate.

How you can say that's not offensive to other african americans is laughable and naive.

Well, actually, this comment by Reid was not an attack towrd the African American population. It was an attack on the thinking of the white electorate.

wow...impressive spin...

TX Longhorn...as a white american, I was offended by Reid's comments. He basically called me and all other voting americans racists.

Its not spin its fact....the spin is the apology to obama, thats the spin in the story.

Exactly what did he apologize to Obama for?
Saying that his skin is lighter than other Black Americans?
It is true, not at all an insult, and said of many African Americans.
I am confused why I am being accused of spinnning. It is basic logic.

You're right, in a way. I think he meant it more as a comment on rather than an "attack," but it was definitely more towards the public than President Obama.

It was 100% toward the public.
He did not say "being lighter skinned will make him a better president"

He said, and I am paraphrasing for effect:

'the lighter his skin the more likely a white person would consider him a viable candidate worthy of his or her vote"

I found that to be very offensive. I voted for Obama becuase I believed he was the best choice. But during the primaries, I was leaning toward Clinton. And many asked me if it were becuase I would not vote for a black man. I find the whole thing offensive.

Its demographics. People tried to quantify who voted for him because he was black too. It isn't new, demographics. Catholic or anti-Catholic sentiment was assessed when JFK was running. Same for the Jewish (or anti) when Lieberman ran (remember when he was a democrat?). I maintain that I voted for the smart candidate, and the Democrat Party platform. Yeah, I read both Party platforms. I think everyone should. It takes a minute, but you get a better idea of what they'll do in office, rather than what the talking heads want to direct your attention to. You know, what direction you want the federal government to go in, and which party represents your economic (among other) interests.

Personally, I dont get what is wrong with our media. Fox news and CNN included. They reported on this as something that may stir up the black population.
Likewise, are Obama and Reid so naive they actually saw this as a possible insult to black americans and not white americans? And therefore Obama believed an apology to HIM was all that was necessary?

Everyday I become more and more disenchanted with our POTUS. He seems to be very disconnected with the people.

Do you really not see how it is offensive to blacks? Seriously? Basically he said that since Obama didn't talk like a negro and look like a negro he would make a good candidate.

How you can say that's not offensive to other african americans is laughable and naive.

No. He did not say that; not the way I took it. He said that becuase he does not speak in a Negro dialect (unless he wants to) and becuase he is light skinned HE IS MORE ELECTABLE.
That is an insult to the electorate. He stated fact about Obama, but made an assumption about the electorate.

How you see it any other way is naive and laughable to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFAXnCFk5IE

How do you spell hypocrite? R e p u b l i c a n

America's last great president.

Interesting how liberals now defend Reid by simply stating what he said was "outdated", and yet look to a video clip of Reagan from a quarter century ago as evidence of Republican hypocrisy.

That dog won't hunt folks.

But I do thank you for the Reagan thread - what a remarkable life. What a remarkable president...

Maybe I missed something.

DId Reid say Obama would make a better Presdient than someone who speaks in a Negro dialect and has darker skin?

If he did, then yes, it is offensive to Black Americans.

Seems to me, he, instead, stated fact about Obama and then made an assumption about how the American voters will use those facts.

That is an insult to the American voters.

wow...impressive spin...

I was offended too...but why do you dismiss the black population from it?

wow...impressive spin...

Exactly what did he apologize to Obama for?
Saying that his skin is lighter than other Black Americans?
It is true, not at all an insult, and said of many African Americans.
I am confused why I am being accused of spinnning. It is basic logic.

I'm not saying you are spinning....im saying those who had reid apologize to obama instead of to the voters are the ones spinning ;).

wow...impressive spin...

Fair enough. Inadvertant ommission on my part. Based on my assumpotion that black voters do not see any difference in skin tone as I believe most white voters do not as well. Yes, a minority of white voters will never vote black. However light skinned or not, those white voters will never vote black.
Buit to say some voters may vote for a black man "if he does not look very black" is a great insult to me.
Where is Reids apology to me?
Likewise, what did Reid apologize to Obama for?
Finally, what right does Obama have to say that no offense was taken and the book was closed when the insult was not to him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFAXnCFk5IE

How do you spell hypocrite? R e p u b l i c a n

America's last great president.

Interesting how liberals now defend Reid by simply stating what he said was "outdated", and yet look to a video clip of Reagan from a quarter century ago as evidence of Republican hypocrisy.

That dog won't hunt folks.

But I do thank you for the Reagan thread - what a remarkable life. What a remarkable president...

I have a vastly different view about Reagan than you, but I think a thread about his administration would be cool. My masters thesis (in process) is about the upward redistribution of wealth during the Reagan administration, the effects of that for the underclass, and how the methods used to define issues and redefine words and phrases made the policies used to achieve that redistribution acceptable to the public. Are you familiar with his use (in the south) of the term "strapping young bucks" (buying steaks with food stamps while hard working Americans have to settle for ground beef) in his campaign speeches? I've seen it quoted in print, but I'd be immensely grateful for a video (or even an audio) clip!

wow...impressive spin...

I did say he should apologize to all voting americans for his prejudiced and discriminatory comment.

Its in my post you quoted "He basically called me and all other voting americans racist" that includes whites, blacks, latinos, asians, ect ect ect.

Check out my thread about it http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...nts-were-racist-racist-against-americans.html

I did say he should apologize to all voting americans for his prejudiced and discriminatory comment.

Its in my post you quoted "He basically called me and all other voting americans racist" that includes whites, blacks, latinos, asians, ect ect ect.

Check out my thread about it http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...nts-were-racist-racist-against-americans.html

Calm down Nancy. If it doesn't apply to you, it wasn't directed at you. Its demographics, and ALL the media made a big deal about it too. Do they owe you, personally, and the voting public at large an apology too? Don't hold your breath.

I have never met a Republican who would even think about using the term "Negro Dialect." Whether Reid meant any harm or not isn't the point. Reid is a bit of an ignorant Bigot and he's also just plain dumb. The man should just do the right thing and resign. Dredging up Ronald Reagan after he's been dead for several years really is pretty low and shows how desperate Liberal hypocrites are in continuing to defend the indefensible. Shame on them. "Negro Dialect?" If not Racist,that certainly is pretty insulting. Reid gotta go. Nuff said.

Calm down Nancy. If it doesn't apply to you, it wasn't directed at you. Its demographics, and ALL the media made a big deal about it too. Do they owe you, personally, and the voting public at large an apology too? Don't hold your breath.

Why should I calm down Butch?

It was directed at me, the voting american.
It does apply to me, the voting american.
Yes Harry Reid owes the voting public of all colors and creeds and apology for his prejudicial and discriminatory comments about our voting motives.

Yup it's all Ronald Reagan's fault that Harry Reid is an ignorant Bigot. Why not jut blame BOOOOOOOOOOOSSH too? Yikes! I have never heard anyone use the term "Negro Dialect." Harry Reid may have meant no harm to his fellow Democrat but that doesn't mean his comments weren't Racist. Blaming Reagan and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSH for Reid's bigotry really is just plain ludicrous. If a Republican had made that "Negro Dialect" comment,i'm sure the Liberal loons would have a completely different take on it today. Reid really should just do what's right and resign. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Yes Harry Reid owes the voting public of all colors and creeds and apology for his prejudicial and discriminatory comments about our voting motives.

again... Reid's observation is accurate. Take a look at photographs of african americans who have been elected by predominately white constituencies.

He doesn't owe you SHIT and your faux outrage over this is really funny. George Will nailed it.

again... Reid's observation is accurate. Take a look at photographs of african americans who have been elected by predominately white constituencies.

He doesn't owe you SHIT and your faux outrage over this is really funny. George Will nailed it.

Then please tell me why he apologized to Obama. What was the apology for? Why did he apologize to Sharpton? What was that apology for?

Was he apologizing for the American Voters? I do not recall him saying so nor do I recall Obama saying so.

Please. Tell me. Why did he feel the need to apologize to anyone if all he did was tell the truth.

I find your assessment quite interesting.

SO did Rush Limbaugh regarding Donovan McNabb....he siad what many believed to be true...an accurate observation if you will. What did that get him?

Sorry....but if the senate majority leader has the right to say things that he believes to be an accurate observation, then so do those that empoloy him....the American People.

of COURSE they do...but when they disingenuously try to compare Lott's statement to Reid's, they will get called on it.

And last I knew, the American people didn't elect Harry Reid... the citizens of Nevada did. If THEY want to initiate a recall petition because of this, let 'em.

When you become the senate majority leader, you are more than just a senator from Nevada.

But of course, you do not see it that way.

Anyone with knowledge of how our government works sees Reid as more than a senator and Pelosi, third in line to the WH as more than a Congressperson.

Except you.

Reid has two constituencies... first are the citizens of Nevada, and second are the members of the democratic caucus in the senate.... so in neither case does he represent YOU. Anyone with any REAL knowledge of how our government worked would definitely know that.

Oh...and where DOES Reid fall in the WH succession list? lol

Forum List

Back