Ronnie says Negro! No one cares!

Hey. Imus deserved what he got. He overstepped the boundaries. He insulted female athletes and he insulted african americans. It was wrong.

Reid insulted the intelligence of the American Voter. He should not step down, but he should apologize. He may be right as it pertains to some, but regardless, if he believed he owed Sharpton an apology, then he owes the American electorate an apology.

I wasn't defending IMUS. Just saying the president wouldn't accept IMUS' apology but very quickly accepted reid's. It appears on the surface to be a double standard.

I really think reid owes the American people, whos senate he resides over, an apology for his comments about us.

On the surface, yes. But any intelligent person, yourself being one that meets that criteria, would not have seen this as an attack on Obama, SHarpton or the black community.

The fact that Obama and Sharpton accepted the apology and said the case was closed was inappropriate.

It would be like Letterman apologizing to Obama for his comments about Palins daughter.

Both letterman and Obama would have been completely in the wrong.

It definately wasn't an attack on obama or sharpton, it was an attack on the voters (unless you meant IMUS then it was an attack on the girls on the rudkers(sp) basketball team).

Excellent anaolgy BTW.

and what you just described is EXACTLY why i take such offense to his comments.

What people dont realize is that Obama, Sharpton and the NAACP all made it a black thing and said it was not offensive so lets all move on.
Well, they were right. It was not offensive to the african americans.
It was offensive to white americans as our majority leader implied we do not see past color.
Where was Reids apology to the people he was knocking; the white people?

i really thought I was the lone offended white man...for real.

At least I know it wasn't just me who saw the true ignorance in reid's comment.

OOOOOOO you OWGs have it so tough and the world treats you so bad and everyone is so mean to you, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

It was racist and sexist.
Imus screwed up. He is not a racist, but he deserved what he got.

I agree. He did deserve what he got. And ultimately, he made amends.

But as much as I think Reid sounded silly using the word "negro", i don't see where he did anything but make a political assessment of the situation.

Because he was wrong in the eyes of most regarding skin tone.

To say American people wont vote for someone with a Negro dialect is correct. Why? Becuase such a dialect puts academic intelligence in question.; whether coming from black or white. Just as white slang does not fare well either in poilitics; or in any position of leadershiop.

But skin tone? DO you truly believe that many people out there see a lighter skinned black man as being less black?

It is ludicrous and an insult.

Hey. Imus deserved what he got. He overstepped the boundaries. He insulted female athletes and he insulted african americans. It was wrong.

Reid insulted the intelligence of the American Voter. He should not step down, but he should apologize. He may be right as it pertains to some, but regardless, if he believed he owed Sharpton an apology, then he owes the American electorate an apology.

I wasn't defending IMUS. Just saying the president wouldn't accept IMUS' apology but very quickly accepted reid's. It appears on the surface to be a double standard.

I really think reid owes the American people, whos senate he resides over, an apology for his comments about us.
:lol: Make up your mind. When is Imus going to apologize to me??? He thought everyone would agree with his sexist and racist remarks...that makes him racist against everyone...hell, and sexist, too...did he apologize to anyone???

:eek:

Make up my mind in regards to what Ravi?

Imus apologized to Rudkers, the players, and the american people more than once for his inapropriate comments.

Still waiting on Reid.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOoJl733TK4[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTkdgalPpSg&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:
"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Obama: Fire Imus - ABC News

you think "nappy headed ho's" is the same as an older man using the word "negro"?

No, they are different, and both comments were offensive and sounded racist.

For the record, Harry Reid didn't just say the word "negro". He said Mr. Obama was "Light skinned" and didn't use a "negro dialect" unless he needed to... It was offensive and it sounded racist. Harry Reid knows it was too, that is why he apologized...a year later....after he was caught!

PS - Don Imus is a screwball radio talk show host, not the leader of the US Senate. I have higher expectations for our elected representatives than I do for radio talk show hosts.

What people dont realize is that Obama, Sharpton and the NAACP all made it a black thing and said it was not offensive so lets all move on.
It was offensive to white americans as our majority leader implied we do not see past color.

OOOOOOO you OWGs have it so tough and the world treats you so bad and everyone is so mean to you, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yeah. Sure. Thats what I said. You are a typical asshole. Shoo. Go away.

The problem is I don't think it was an incorrect political calculation. Everyone in politics was making the same inquiry before putting their political capital behind him.

And if you read the posts on this board (I'll direct you to one in particular which is entitled "Uppity Black Woman") you'll see that he had cause to make that inquiry.

People make political calculations all the time. I know in NY every political race begins with an inquiry as to the demographics of the district in which one is considering a run.

Like it or not... them's the facts. And it's fact not only among white politicians. It's fact among black politicians, too.

you win the argument, I can't beat that one :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do you really not see how it is offensive to blacks? Seriously? Basically he said that since Obama didn't talk like a negro and look like a negro he would make a good candidate.

How you can say that's not offensive to other african americans is laughable and naive.

Exactly what does a "negro" look like and talk like.... I mean is there one specific "negro" that all other "negroes" look and talk like? Oh, whooooooops, I forgot ALL THOSE PEOPLE LOOK ALIKE!

Because he was wrong in the eyes of most regarding skin tone.

To say American people wont vote for someone with a Negro dialect is correct. Why? Becuase such a dialect puts academic intelligence in question.; whether coming from black or white. Just as white slang does not fare well either in poilitics; or in any position of leadershiop.

But skin tone? DO you truly believe that many people out there see a lighter skinned black man as being less black?

It is ludicrous and an insult.

See my post above on the issue of what you consider insulting.

As for light versus dark skin tone. I think I already told you that the first political operative I discussed this with thought Obama wasn't "black enough" to win the votes of the black community. There is a huge light skin/dark skin issue among blacks themselves.

Did you notice that when Vanity Fair did it's Tiger Woods cover last week, they darkened his skin to make him look more menacing?

As for "negro dialect".. again, an old man's way of describing something. Do you think someone who sounded more like Jessie Jackson (minus the anti-semitism and racism) could ever have become the FIRST black president? I don't know the answer btw, but I think you're mistaking black cadence for "ebonics".

Do you really not see how it is offensive to blacks? Seriously? Basically he said that since Obama didn't talk like a negro and look like a negro he would make a good candidate.

How you can say that's not offensive to other african americans is laughable and naive.

Exactly what does a "negro" look like and talk like.... I mean is there one specific "negro" that all other "negroes" look and talk like? Oh, whooooooops, I forgot ALL THOSE PEOPLE LOOK ALIKE!

For a self described "searcher of accuracy" your are patently dishonest in your tactics.

:lol: ..... of course Negroes don't all look alike!! that is racist!! They only vote alike!!! :clap2:

PS- According to certain Democratic party leaders, Negroes are divided between; clean and unclean; light skinned and dark skinned; coffee fetching and non-coffee fetching. But again, there is nothing inherently racist about that. They are just silly old white men in positions of power who misspoke. :rolleyes:

Hey, asshole hack. I have a question for you.

Would you have voted for Obama if he were darker skinned?

Do you know anyone who voted for Obama that would not have voted for Obama if he had darker skin?

DO you truly believe that America was not ready to elect a President who spoke the King's English but had dark skin?

looks like you have three questions for me... but I never knew a jarhead with the intelligence to count, so .... no biggie.

1. yes
2. no
3. Reid's comments about a "negro dialect" precluded the king's english part of that question. I do NOT think that America would elect a black man who spoke ebonics. do you?

OK. Now we are getting somewhere.
First of all. You criticizing DD's intelligence wqas warranted with my asshole hack crap. SO I will not respond and ask that we start over.
Secondly. I do not believe Americva would elect any man or woman that did not speak English the way it was taught in American schools.
So overall, looking at your response, Reid was not accurate by any means. More likely than not, Obama's skin TONE played no role in his getting elected.
His dialect did. But that would hold true for any color candidate.
Do you now MAYBE see my point?
The dialect thing did not bother me in the least. The lightness of Obamas skin thing did.

and I will ask you again: have you LOOKED at photographs of african american politicians who have been elected by white constituencies? What color is the skin of the vast majority of THEM? Reid was making an accurate political observation....nothing more.

Time for me to leave this debate.
But in a world where it is OK to be offended by someone who fly's ther flag and offended by the sight of a Christman Tree, I am confused as to why some feel I have no right to be offended by a political leader implying that me and my fellow citizens usew the darkenss of ones skin to make life affecting decisions.

But I guess I can only express my being offended in a forum as long as it is the result of anyone but those with a liberal bias. Afterall, those with a liberal bias never do anything wrong. They are all perfect and even when they do something wrong, only those offended by it are in the wrong.

Imus referred to the Rutgers BB team as ho's. He was in the worng, and the girls had a right to be offended. (and I agree)

Letterman refers to Palins daughter (same age as the BB players by the way) as a slut, and Palin was in the wrong for being offended and Letterman was just joking. (and I disagree)

Something for you guys to think about.

For a self described "searcher of accuracy" your are patently dishonest in your tactics.

No, what I am doing is, ONCE AGAIN, pointing out the stereotype and being sarcastic as you are so repetitively obtuse in your determination to pronounce that you are really boring the fuck out of me!

How would you know what is "offensive to African-Americans?" Did all the African-Americans elect you their spokesperson? Many? Some? A few?

Are ALL African-Americans equally offended by exactly the same things?

Who, to get right down to it, who exactly is an African-American? What exactly constitutes African-American-ness? Suppose someone is of mixed ethnic heritage, what are the percentages? I mean exactly how many countable ancestors does one need?

I think my opinion is know too so I'm joining you jarhead.

Have fun guys....i'll come in and thank Reid if he ever decides to apologize to the actual people he denegrated with his comments.

Forum List

Back