Ronnie says Negro! No one cares!

Well written and well said.
Personally, I dont get what is wrong with our media. Fox news and CNN included. They reported on this as something that may stir up the black population.
Likewise, are Obama and Reid so naive they actually saw this as a possible insult to black americans and not white americans? And therefore Obama believed an apology to HIM was all that was necessary?

Everyday I become more and more disenchanted with our POTUS. He seems to be very disconnected with the people.

Do you really not see how it is offensive to blacks? Seriously? Basically he said that since Obama didn't talk like a negro and look like a negro he would make a good candidate.

How you can say that's not offensive to other african americans is laughable and naive.

No. He did not say that; not the way I took it. He said that becuase he does not speak in a Negro dialect (unless he wants to) and becuase he is light skinned HE IS MORE ELECTABLE.
That is an insult to the electorate. He stated fact about Obama, but made an assumption about the electorate.

How you see it any other way is naive and laughable to me.

Sorry sir...that's EXACTLY what he said and at the same time he insulted the electorate. It's an insult to EVERYONE...how can you NOT take it that way...but it does prove my point that it all depends on WHO is listening to the statement and how they WANT to take it. You want to give him every ounce of credit where it's possible. I get that. I didn't hear Lott's statement the same way the liberals did. At least Reid actually used actual words that were easily defined as opposed to Lott's comments which have been referred to as "CODE" for segregationalism. That sounds ridiculous to me, but I'm not listening to it like some straw grabbers do.

Why should I calm down Butch?

It was directed at me, the voting american.
It does apply to me, the voting american.
Yes Harry Reid owes the voting public of all colors and creeds and apology for his prejudicial and discriminatory comments about our voting motives.

again... Reid's observation is accurate. Take a look at photographs of african americans who have been elected by predominately white constituencies.

He doesn't owe you SHIT and your faux outrage over this is really funny. George Will nailed it.

Then please tell me why he apologized to Obama. What was the apology for? Why did he apologize to Sharpton? What was that apology for?

Was he apologizing for the American Voters? I do not recall him saying so nor do I recall Obama saying so.

Please. Tell me. Why did he feel the need to apologize to anyone if all he did was tell the truth.

I find your assessment quite interesting.

He apologized for a poor choice of words... and he did NOT apologize to the American voters... nor should he have to. He said NOTHING that he needs to apologize to me or you for, that is for certain. the sentiment he spoke is completely accurate. America was obviously ready to elect a light skinned, articulate Harvard grad... they were probably not ready to elect a dark skinned black man who spoke ebonics.

Then please tell me why he apologized to Obama. What was the apology for? Why did he apologize to Sharpton? What was that apology for?

Because 1) it was an outdated and very 1955 old man way of saying it. And mostly because he gave you nutters the chance for more faux outrage and try to distract from the business of government.....

which is the point of all the faux outrage.

of COURSE they do...but when they disingenuously try to compare Lott's statement to Reid's, they will get called on it.

And last I knew, the American people didn't elect Harry Reid... the citizens of Nevada did. If THEY want to initiate a recall petition because of this, let 'em.

When you become the senate majority leader, you are more than just a senator from Nevada.

But of course, you do not see it that way.

Anyone with knowledge of how our government works sees Reid as more than a senator and Pelosi, third in line to the WH as more than a Congressperson.

Except you.

Reid has two constituencies... first are the citizens of Nevada, and second are the members of the democratic caucus in the senate.... so in neither case does he represent YOU. Anyone with any REAL knowledge of how our government worked would definitely know that.

Oh...and where DOES Reid fall in the WH succession list? lol

Rereading his post he made it quite obvious that Pelosi is the one 3rd in line.
He mentioned nothing of Reids position as successor to the WH.
As for the first part of your post, I suggest you read what is at this link.
Try to spin it, but you will lose the debate. He is the speaker for the majority and every individual in that majority has a responsibility to the people.
But please. Read this and spin away.
U.S. Senate: Senators Home > Responsibilities of Majority and Minority Leaders

"Negro Dialect?" Yea that's not Racist or insulting an any way. Are the Liberal Loons serious? Reid gotta go. End of story.

When you become the senate majority leader, you are more than just a senator from Nevada.

But of course, you do not see it that way.

Anyone with knowledge of how our government works sees Reid as more than a senator and Pelosi, third in line to the WH as more than a Congressperson.

Except you.

Reid has two constituencies... first are the citizens of Nevada, and second are the members of the democratic caucus in the senate.... so in neither case does he represent YOU. Anyone with any REAL knowledge of how our government worked would definitely know that.

Try to spin it, but you will lose the debate. He is the speaker for the majority and every individual in that majority has a responsibility to the people.

I never mentioned Pelosi...he should not have either....

from your own link:

"The floor leaders of each party today are elected by a majority vote of all the Senators of the said party assembled in a conference or, as it sometimes is called, a caucus."

like I said...his constituencies are the citizens of Nevada and the members of the democratic caucus. period.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Obama: Fire Imus - ABC News

Because 1) it was an outdated and very 1955 old man way of saying it. And mostly because he gave you nutters the chance for more faux outrage and try to distract from the business of government.....

which is the point of all the faux outrage.

Interesting. What news do you watch?
As for us nutters. Quite telling of what you are all about Jillian.
As for faux outrage. I voted for Obama, yet I have the senate majority leader saying that I may not have if his skin was darker. I have a right to be offended.
Or are we no longer permitted to be offended in this country? You know, the country where it is fine to be offended by the site of the flag; to be offended by the site of a breast feeder; to be offended by the sight of a Christmas Tree.
A female senator can be offended becuase a general referred to her as ma'am.
But God forbid if we are offended by being catagroized as a people that can be fooled into thinking a man with lighter skin is not as much a black man as a man with darker skin.
Gotcha Jillian.

Yup it's all Ronald Reagan's fault that Harry Reid is an ignorant Bigot. Why not jut blame BOOOOOOOOOOOSSH too? Yikes! I have never heard anyone use the term "Negro Dialect." Harry Reid may have meant no harm to his fellow Democrat but that doesn't mean his comments weren't Racist. Blaming Reagan and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSH for Reid's bigotry really is just plain ludicrous. If a Republican had made that "Negro Dialect" comment,i'm sure the Liberal loons would have a completely different take on it today. Reid really should just do what's right and resign. Hey just my opinion anyway.

Nice post

Why should I calm down Butch?

Because you're sounding really wingnutty... :)

Hey if you want to be accepting of reid's callous comments about the voting populace being racist thats up to you.

Me personally I am not going to let my public officials, let alone the leader of my senate, call me and other voting americans racist.

I thought liberals didn't like racism and prejudice jillian? Why are you accepting the prejudice in this instance?

Last edited:
again... Reid's observation is accurate. Take a look at photographs of african americans who have been elected by predominately white constituencies.

He doesn't owe you SHIT and your faux outrage over this is really funny. George Will nailed it.

Was he apologizing for the American Voters? I do not recall him saying so nor do I recall Obama saying so.

Please. Tell me. Why did he feel the need to apologize to anyone if all he did was tell the truth.

He apologized for a poor choice of words... and he did NOT apologize to the American voters... nor should he have to. He said NOTHING that he needs to apologize to me or you for, that is for certain. the sentiment he spoke is completely accurate. America was obviously ready to elect a light skinned, articulate Harvard grad... they were probably not ready to elect a dark skinned black man who spoke ebonics.

But why do you think that? What difference does a shade of skin or dialect make? And what about those VERY capable and articulate darker skinned African Americans out there? What about all those black kids out there who don't have light colored skin who want to be President like Obama? Do they need to get a bleach treatment? Do they need to take speech lessons?

Apparently Mr. Reid saw the error of his ways and tried to verbally make it right with the President by apologizing. But he needs to come forward and clarify to the black population of this country what he REALLY meant. Because it sure sounded to me like you had be light skinned and not sound like "you from da' hood" to be able to be POTUS.

So you are prejudiced toward the american voting populace and agree with Reid that the majority of voting americans are racist in nature. Good to know.

from your own link:

"The floor leaders of each party today are elected by a majority vote of all the Senators of the said party assembled in a conference or, as it sometimes is called, a caucus."

like I said...his constituencies are the citizens of Nevada and the members of the democratic caucus. period.

Only an asshole hack would cite a small line found in an entire article to suppoort his week and feeble argument.

Are you an asshole hack? I say you are. No. I know you are. You are an asshole hack.

LMAO. CIte one small line out of an entire explanation of what the senate majority leader is and what he does.

Yup. You are an asshole hack.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."

Double standards suck dont they.

Hey. Imus deserved what he got. He overstepped the boundaries. He insulted female athletes and he insulted african americans. It was wrong.

Reid insulted the intelligence of the American Voter. He should not step down, but he should apologize. He may be right as it pertains to some, but regardless, if he believed he owed Sharpton an apology, then he owes the American electorate an apology.

from your own link:

Only an asshole hack would cite a small line found in an entire article to suppoort his week and feeble argument.

Are you an asshole hack? I say you are. No. I know you are. You are an asshole hack.

LMAO. CIte one small line out of an entire explanation of what the senate majority leader is and what he does.

Yup. You are an asshole hack.

I understand full well what the senate majority leader DOES and I understand full well that what he does has an impact on al Americans. Regardless, ALL AMERICANS are NOT his constituency.

Now why not quit calling me names and refute that.

So you are prejudiced toward the american voting populace and agree with Reid that the majority of voting americans are racist in nature. Good to know.

I am not prejudiced against anyone. I accept the fact that many Americans are, however. I guess you can't accept that reality. good to know.

Hey, asshole hack. I have a question for you.

Would you have voted for Obama if he were darker skinned?

Do you know anyone who voted for Obama that would not have voted for Obama if he had darker skin?

DO you truly believe that America was not ready to elect a President who spoke the King's English but had dark skin?

Double standards suck dont they.

Hey. Imus deserved what he got. He overstepped the boundaries. He insulted female athletes and he insulted african americans. It was wrong.

Reid insulted the intelligence of the American Voter. He should not step down, but he should apologize. He may be right as it pertains to some, but regardless, if he believed he owed Sharpton an apology, then he owes the American electorate an apology.

what bullshit. he made an assessment about SOME American voters. and that assessment was clearly accurate.

Forum List

Back