Ronnie says Negro! No one cares!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFAXnCFk5IE

How do you spell hypocrite? R e p u b l i c a n

Curious...when did Ronnie imply that the darker your skin, the less viable candidate you would be for President of the United States?

You all are wrapped up in the word Negro which is not a derogatory term; just one that has been deemed as politically incorrect. Commenting on the shade of one's skin color and how one is viewed by the electorate regarding ones skin tone is a whole different story.

This whole thing was not a jab at the African American population...it was a jab at the white population....in essence saying that the color of ones skin DOES dictate how white people vote.

But please...continue with the word Negro....ignore the real issue.

Curious...when did Ronnie imply that the darker your skin, the less viable candidate you would be for President of the United States?

You all are wrapped up in the word Negro which is not a derogatory term; just one that has been deemed as politically incorrect. Commenting on the shade of one's skin color and how one is viewed by the electorate regarding ones skin tone is a whole different story.

This whole thing was not a jab at the African American population...it was a jab at the white population....in essence saying that the color of ones skin DOES dictate how white people vote.

I say again.... Reid made an accurate observation. Go look at pictures of black politicians who have won races in districts and/or states with a majority white population and then compare their skin color to a resident of zimbabwe

Negro is an acceptable description for a dark skinned person with African ancestry. United Negro College fund has no problem with the word "negro", why should you?

What Reid said was in fact racist, he implied that dark-skinned negroes with a "negro dialect" would not be as viable as a candidate than a negro with light skin and no negro dialect.

I say again.... Reid made an accurate observation. Go look at pictures of black politicians who have won races in districts and/or states with a majority white population and then compare their skin color to a resident of zimbabwe

SO did Rush Limbaugh regarding Donovan McNabb....he siad what many believed to be true...an accurate observation if you will. What did that get him?

Sorry....but if the senate majority leader has the right to say things that he believes to be an accurate observation, then so do those that empoloy him....the American People.

I agree with this. That is what Reid's comment was saying and other interpretations intentionally misconstrue it.

Unfortunately, that sentiment is accurate. Not nearly to all white people, but certainly enough to influence a national election.

It is also true that black people are not only more likely to vote for black candidates, but more likely to vote in elections that have a black candidate. Again, not nearly all, but enough to influence and impact an election.

Recognizing political reality and the racism of others does not make one racist. Though his use of the word "negro" does demonstrate a degree of ignorance we should not accept from a leader of our Senate.

I agree with this. That is what Reid's comment was saying and other interpretations intentionally misconstrue it.

Unfortunately, that sentiment is accurate. Not nearly to all white people, but certainly enough to influence a national election.

It is also true that black people are not only more likely to vote for black candidates, but more likely to vote in elections that have a black candidate. Again, not nearly all, but enough to influence and impact an election.

Recognizing political reality and the racism of others does not make one racist. Though his use of the word "negro" does demonstrate a degree of ignorance we should not accept from a leader of our Senate.

And if someone in the McCain camp had said this...an accurate observation.....how do you believe it would have been treaqted by the media and by the Obama camp?

For example...Biden referred to Obama as "clean and articulate" during the primaries...did not mention the word Negro, did not mention his skin color, diod not mention anything about race....and yet he was blasted by the media and the Obama camp let them do it witrhout putting out a statement.

I wonder what would have happened if Palin had made the accurate observation that Obama is a light skin man who does not have a Negro inflection in his speech.

Anyone who says it would have been ignored by the media and by the Obama camp is full of crap.

Negro is an acceptable description for a dark skinned person with African ancestry. United Negro College fund has no problem with the word "negro", why should you?

What Reid said was in fact racist, he implied that dark-skinned negroes with a "negro dialect" would not be as viable as a candidate than a negro with light skin and no negro dialect.

No. What Reid said was outdated and out of fashion. But the content was an assessment that EVERYONE was making about whether a black man could be president... and if so, what type of black man. That isn't racist. It's realistic. I don't know anyone in the political world who wasn't making that determination before jumping into the race and deciding who they were going to support. It was also said in the context of Reid giving his full support to Obama... which he has continued to do. So why should Obama not give some slack to someone who did that for him?

But perhaps its time for the old white men to stop telling black people what they should be offended by.

Maybe its just that when your frends screw up, you shrug your shoulders. But when someone who worked against you at every turn screws up, you don't.

Last edited:

No. What Reid said was outdated and out of fashion. But the content was an assessment that EVERYONE was making about whether a black man could be president... and if so, what type of black man. That isn't racist. It's realistic. I don't know anyone in the political world who wasn't making that determination before jumping into the race and deciding who they were going to support. It was also said in the context of Reid giving his full support to Obama... which he has continued to do. So why should Obama not give some slack to someone who did that for him?

But perhaps its time for the old white men to stop telling black people what they should be offended by.

Maybe its just that when your frends screw up, you shrug your shoulders. But when someone who worked against you at every turn screws up, you don't.

Becuase he rationalized his suppoort based on the tone of h9is skin color.

So Reid would not have endorsed a darker skinned man?

That is not racist to you?

And if someone in the McCain camp had said this...an accurate observation.....how do you believe it would have been treaqted by the media and by the Obama camp?

For example...Biden referred to Obama as "clean and articulate" during the primaries...did not mention the word Negro, did not mention his skin color, diod not mention anything about race....and yet he was blasted by the media and the Obama camp let them do it witrhout putting out a statement.

I wonder what would have happened if Palin had made the accurate observation that Obama is a light skin man who does not have a Negro inflection in his speech.

Anyone who says it would have been ignored by the media and by the Obama camp is full of crap.

It's not being ignored by the media now. In fact, one would think the economy was miraculously healed and there were no other problems in the world.

This is just the person of the wing the right is outraged against... and it's more of their yelling for the heads of the dem leaderhip.

*yawn*

stop whining.

It's not being ignored by the media now. In fact, one would think the economy was miraculously healed and there were no other problems in the world.

This is just the person of the wing the right is outraged against... and it's more of their yelling for the heads of the dem leaderhip.

*yawn*

stop whining.

You say stop whining...I say stop fawning.

SO did Rush Limbaugh regarding Donovan McNabb....he siad what many believed to be true...an accurate observation if you will. What did that get him?

Sorry....but if the senate majority leader has the right to say things that he believes to be an accurate observation, then so do those that empoloy him....the American People.

Anyone who watched the last two Eagles games would have to conclude that Rush was right about Donovan being overrated too. He sucks ass when there's something on the line.

Becuase he rationalized his suppoort based on the tone of h9is skin color.

If you read my other posts on this subject, there were political operatives who said Obama wasn't "black enough" to win the black vote.

That isn't racist. It's normal poilitical assessment.

Or are you so naive that you thought it was a slam dunk that a black guy could be elected president?

Anyone who watched the last two Eagles games would have to conclude that Rush was right about Donovan being overrated too. He sucks ass when there's something on the line.

And rush was blasted years later on this board for making an accurate ibservation by the same people who are giving Reid a pass for makling an accurate observation.

Becuase he rationalized his suppoort based on the tone of his skin color.

If you read my other posts on this subject, there were political operatives who said Obama wasn't "black enough" to win the black vote.

That isn't racist. It's normal poilitical assessment.

Or are you so naive that you thought it was a slam dunk that a black guy could be elected president?

If white people voted based on skin tone, they are racists. Whether it is true or not is irrelevant....if they voted based on skin tone, they are racist. That simple.

Reid based his endorsement on Obama's skin tone. Whether other whites would do the same, although undoubtedly true, they are racists.That makes him racist.

So just becuase it is an accurate observation by Reid.....does not mean he can follow such a lead without being called a racist.

If I told you I did not vote for Obama becuase his skin tone was not light enough to give me a comfort zone, would you deem me as a racist or as someone who is simply acting out the truth?

What are you missing here?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back