Ronald Reagan Granted Amnesty to 30% Of All Illegals In The Country

I was to young really to support and not this action but I know now I wouldnt support it. But I was like 14 and all I was worried about was trying to get a feel of some poor girls boobs.

:lol:

I was in the USAF in the Azores at the time and thought he was making a mistake with compromise with the Democrats...and it was wrong.

I told you....he was a Democrat even up to the spending. The problem was instead of taxing people to keep things in pretty good tow he borrowed it from foreign banks.

Hell...you give me $3 trillion to spend and I could be a good president...especially back in the 80's while a dollar was worth something.

The cold hard facts are that Reagan granted amnesty to a third of all the illegals in this country in the 80's. Now that 7 million has blossumed into more than 21 million.

Obama's statement today is one of the smartest political moves I've ever seen on my life...'Course I'm just 77

Am I supposed to be impressed or something?

Reagan AGREED to a plan with the caviat that Congress uphold thier end...they NEVER did or have and HERE we are.

The Can is being kicked again down the proverbial road.

Get a grip. :eusa_hand:

By the way? obama is circumventing the Congress...Reagan DIDN'T.

I was to young really to support and not this action but I know now I wouldnt support it. But I was like 14 and all I was worried about was trying to get a feel of some poor girls boobs.

I was in the USAF in the Azores at the time and thought he was making a mistake with compromise with the Democrats...and it was wrong.

I told you....he was a Democrat even up to the spending. The problem was instead of taxing people to keep things in pretty good tow he borrowed it from foreign banks.

Hell...you give me $3 trillion to spend and I could be a good president...especially back in the 80's while a dollar was worth something.

The cold hard facts are that Reagan granted amnesty to a third of all the illegals in this country in the 80's. Now that 7 million has blossumed into more than 21 million.

Obama's statement today is one of the smartest political moves I've ever seen on my life...'Course I'm just 77

Is taxing people the only thing you Democrats ever think of?
and Obama playing political games with the legal Amercian peoples lives is a smart move...

how lovely

Last edited:
'Course he was a Democrat in spirit and a Republican in name only:

In Nov. 1986 Reagan signed a bill which granted amnesty to 2.5 million illegals in this country.

Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 | Ask.com Encyclopedia

In brief the act:[1]

required employers to attest to their employees' immigration status.
made it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit unauthorized immigrants.
granted amnesty to certain seasonal agricultural illegal immigrants.
granted amnesty to illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously.

And he was wrong to do it.

Just because Reagan did something dumb that had a negative impact on our country doesnt mean Obama needs to. In fact it seems Obama could have learned from the mistake.

Problem is Obama is putting his own reelection ahead of the needs of our country. That makes his a fucking pig in my mind. What little respect I had for Obama is completely gone. He is acting more like a selfish child than a president. Fuck him. Period. End of story.

REALLY people, we should of seen this coming..

this man will DO ANYTHING to get re-elected, even sell out us LEGAL citizens..

you who voted for him should feel shame

Reagan AGREED to a plan with the caviat that Congress uphold thier end...they NEVER did or have and HERE we are.

Hell...I can't forget how George W. Bush assumed a fiscal situation with record surpluses, cut taxes twice, started two wars, one totally by choice and doubled the national debt. I used to be a Republican...even voted for Richard Nixon three times. Back then they stood for small government, balanced budgets and individual rights. Now they are in the pockets of corporations and the wealthy.

I still say the timing is perfect on Obama's statement. Now the Republicans will have to change their ways or get the shit kicked out of them in November. 21,000,000 votes is one helluva a block of voters....especially since there are so many of them in FL...a key swing state.

Just because Reagan did something dumb that had a negative impact on our country doesnt mean Obama needs to. In fact it seems Obama could have learned from the mistake.

Problem is Obama is putting his own reelection ahead of the needs of our country. That makes his a fucking pig in my mind. What little respect I had for Obama is completely gone. He is acting more like a selfish child than a president. Fuck him. Period. End of story.

:eusa_whistle:

In Nov. 1986 Reagan signed a bill which granted amnesty to 2.5 million illegals in this country.

granted amnesty to illegal immigrants who entered the United States before January 1, 1982 and had resided there continuously.

correct me if I am wrong, but this was a bill that passed the House and Senate, as opposed to an Executive Order?

Hell...I can't forget how George W. Bush assumed a fiscal situation with record surpluses, cut taxes twice, started two wars, one totally by choice and doubled the national debt. I used to be a Republican...even voted for Richard Nixon three times. Back then they stood for small government, balanced budgets and individual rights. Now they are in the pockets of corporations and the wealthy.

I still say the timing is perfect on Obama's statement. Now the Republicans will have to change their ways or get the shit kicked out of them in November. 21,000,000 votes is one helluva a block of voters....especially since there are so many of them in FL...a key swing state.

you liberals are some sick people who would rather win a election than give a shit about your country or your fellow Amercians..

Democrats-always party over country

correct me if I am wrong, but this was a bill that passed the House and Senate, as opposed to an Executive Order?

^^Precisely. And that's been my point. Obama is out of bounds...and BOTH actions aren't correct.

I did not agree with that then. However there is a major difference here:

Passed the Senate on September 19, 1985 (69–30)
Passed the House on October 9, 1986 (voice vote after incorporating H.R. 3810, passed 230–166)

So did Obama's "bill" pass both houses?

you liberals are some sick people who would rather win a election than give a shit about your country or your fellow Amercians..

Us Liberals have some ideas which are good for everybody and not just the 1%. I'm proud of the president for using his policies to support minorities and rebuild our infrastructure. Nearly half of his stumulus went to those who had been crushed by Bush and the banks.

The Republican party is owned by corporations and the wealthy and I think it's about time for them to go somewhere and fuck theirselves. Oh....I forgot....they don't like sex.

Us Liberals have some ideas which are good for everybody and not just the 1%. I'm proud of the president for using his policies to support minorities and rebuild our infrastructure. Nearly half of his stumulus went to those who had been crushed by Bush and the banks.

The Republican party is owned by corporations and the wealthy and I think it's about time for them to go somewhere and fuck theirselves. Oh....I forgot....they don't like sex.

I started a thread on this asking for the upside of this plan, for America and its LEGAL residents. Ive yet to get a response. Would love to hear it if you got one..........

Bush Bush as well.

But still, this gives much less than ReaganBushBush did. That doesn't matter to some. Nor does it matter to some that, if they actually paid attention, they'd see that it amounts to very little.

There is also the mistaken idea that all illegals are brown and came from the south.

Dumb mitt believes that too. Wonder if he'll manage anything more than his stupid "self deport" nonsense.

What is it with the Rs that they just cannot or will not deal with the REAL issues of illegal AND legal immigration??

But for doing the same thing, Obama is right... right? :rolleyes:

Nope that he was wrong on many things like running up our debt, selling arms to our enemies, deregulating and the like

So, you admit Obama ran up the debt, sold arms to our enemies?

Poor ol' Richard Nixon had to resign for less than what Reagan was caught doing. Not only that Reagan turned the next move over to terrorism when 281 Marines were killed in Lebanon by a truck bomb. He had the exact coordinates of their guerrillas and guess what he did.......pulled our troops out of the country.

Forum List

Back