Ron Paul: U.S. Gov. is More Dangerous than Wikileaks...

LibocalypseNow

Jul 30, 2009
Interesting clip of Dr. Paul discussing the Government's claim that Wikileaks has put people's lives in danger. I agree with Dr. Paul. So far i've seen nothing that proves anyone's life has been put in danger over these leaks...Other than Assange's.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPsa0DFx1qk[/ame]

Last edited:
Paul said that this is an attempt to clamp down on the internet.

The government needs a monopoly over (dys)information as well as it's existing monopoly on the use of force to control citizens the way China does. Look at where we are going!

The government needs a monopoly over (dys)information as well as it's existing monopoly on the use of force to control citizens the way China does. Look at where we are going!

Oh there is no doubt the Government will use this Wikileaks scandal as an excuse to seize more control of the Internet. This is already beginning to happen.

Of course we are more dangerous.

We can turn most countries into a wasteland with a single phone call from the Pres.

We keep secrets for very very good reasons. And just b/c no one has gotten killed, yet, doesn't mean someone won't.

Imagine wanting to get rid of the Taliban. All you have to do is rat them out to the Army. Now they won't, b/c they don't want to get revenge killed WHEN thier name gets out.

Paul is not the end all be all of conservatives.

Interesting clip of Dr. Paul discussing the Government's claim that Wikileaks has put people's lives in danger. I agree with Dr. Paul. So far i've seen nothing that proves anyone's life has been put in danger over these leaks...Other than Assange's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPsa0DFx1qk

Yes, indeed,

Americans can not even defend their own freedom.

1- there are over 2,400,000 inmates in US prisons;

2- recently the federal government incinerated - alive - 90 individuals - 22 children in Waco, TX

3- the feds mess around with our junk at all airports,

4- etc, etc, etc

Oh there is no doubt the Government will use this Wikileaks scandal as an excuse to seize more control of the Internet. This is already beginning to happen.

Probably your best post yet.:clap2:

We can turn most countries into a wasteland with a single phone call from the Pres.

We keep secrets for very very good reasons. And just b/c no one has gotten killed, yet, doesn't mean someone won't.

Imagine wanting to get rid of the Taliban. All you have to do is rat them out to the Army. Now they won't, b/c they don't want to get revenge killed WHEN thier name gets out.

Good points.

Those are the reasons I was mad at Assange.

ron paul is kind of naive about issues of foreign policy.

I'd say he's an Isolationist.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of leaving everyone else alone sounds just wonderful, especially when they want our money. But isolating ourselves is a proven failure. And I hate being the world police, but even the nicest bar has a 300# black dude standing in the corner ready to put dumbasses on the street.

That's not a polite way to put things, but we need to have some military around the world ready to put dumbasses in the grave.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of leaving everyone else alone sounds just wonderful, especially when they want our money. But isolating ourselves is a proven failure. And I hate being the world police, but even the nicest bar has a 300# black dude standing in the corner ready to put dumbasses on the street.

That's not a polite way to put things, but we need to have some military around the world ready to put dumbasses in the grave.

i think we need to pick and choose our battles better and ask if what we're sending kids to die for is something we would die for ourselves.

but unlike paul, i do think there *are* things worth fighting and dying for.

Is THAT right?

How so?

Covet thy neighbor's ass? Maybe that of your sister in law? Got a little score to keep over an old slight? Drop a dime and call Taliban Busters. Suddenly the offending party vanishes in a hail of gunfire or quietly into the night. Available 24-7-360

How is he an isolationist?

This never made any sense to me.

He'd be willing to openly trade with any nation on earth. He just parts ways when it comes to entangling alliances with them.

And jill, please stop with the "NOTHING worth fighting for" crap.

You know damn right well Paul would advocate war if it was necessary. He voted for Afghanistan in 2001.

He'd be willing to openly trade with any nation on earth. He just parts ways when it comes to entangling alliances with them.

You know damn right well Paul would advocate war if it was necessary. He voted for Afghanistan in 2001.

well now he just says we make people mad if we're in the middle east.

Regardless, when Muslims are killed with our presence over there, we anger more and more people. That’s why I argue that our national security is more threatened because of our bankruptcy. At the same time we just anger more and more people.

Ron Paul on Afghanistan | Ron Paul .com

feel free to tell me where his support for afghanistan is in that interview. i won't say i disagree with him on this particular issue, but i'm not seeing what you said.... at least not now.

Covet thy neighbor's ass? Maybe that of your sister in law? Got a little score to keep over an old slight? Drop a dime and call Taliban Busters. Suddenly the offending party vanishes in a hail of gunfire or quietly into the night. Available 24-7-360

Just a touch over the top dontcha think?

Our military are not assisins. You don't drop a dime to them and they go in and kill everyone wearing a funny hat. They do an actual investigation.

well now he just says we make people mad if we're in the middle east.

Regardless, when Muslims are killed with our presence over there, we anger more and more people. That’s why I argue that our national security is more threatened because of our bankruptcy. At the same time we just anger more and more people.

Ron Paul on Afghanistan | Ron Paul .com

feel free to tell me where his support for afghanistan is in that interview. i won't say i disagree with him on this particular issue, but i'm not seeing what you said.... at least not now.

He's talking about Afghanistan NOW. I'm saying that he voted to retaliate against Afghanistan for 9/11, on Joint Resolution 64.

Obviously he would have preferred the use of force had been declared by Congress and not explicitly authorized to the president, but he voted for war nonetheless, because it was necessary in his view. It was in direct response to an attack on our country. That's exactly WHEN he supports using force.

Nothing in JR 64 mentioned anything about nation building, UN violations, etc. It was simply authorizing force against Afghanistan. That's mainly why he voted for it.

He doesn't agree with what's going on NOW, because it's become a long term occupation and a nation building escapade.

You'd be pretty pissed if China was running through your neighborhood sweeping houses and blowing up your friends and family.

Forum List

Back