The City of Detroit

Philobeado

Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Gulf of Mexico Coast, Texas
The Democratic Party has had control over the City of Detroit since 1962. In a recent article in the Huffington post, Detroit's budget woes could leave areas of the city without police, fire services and garbage pick-up.

The City of Detroit has lost half of its population over the past 50 years. In 2007 Detroit was ranked as the most dangerous city in America. Detroit is the poorest big city in America with 31% of its citizens living below the poverty line. Detroit has among the highest population of homeless people in the country and a new report suggesting that Detroit support the homeless which puts 50% of its homeless population at risk of dying in 2011.

The City of Detroit has been under Democrat rule for 49 years. Nothing in Detroit is getting better but year after year after year the Democrat party promises the City of Detroit that they will solve the problems of Detroit. Still nothing has changed. The surrounding areas of Downtown Detroit can confuse you into thinking that you have wondered into a third world nation!

The Democrats socialized programs are once again under funded. The City had to borrow $100 million dollars to fund the Police and Fire Departments last year. Detroits budget may not be able to afford a contract for Garbage pick-up for the year 2011. Road repair isnt budgetted into 2011's plan as well as not having money to power street lamps.

>How is it that the City of Detroit keeps electing the same party year after year? The promises to rebuild Detroit are never fulfilled. The Detroit School System is in complete and udder disarray. But they keep electing the same group to solve the problem that they have created!<

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein
"There's a sucker born every minute."
-David Hannum. (commonly attributed to P.T. Barnum)
"Stupid people are the core constituency of the democrat party"
-wbpa8453

Most of the old big northern cities in the rust belt are Democrat controlled, Philobeado. There just aren't all that many poor people who vote Republican. I am very sad to see Motown on its knees.....I love Detroit.

I dunno what the solution is, but you're right....the one party thingie has not helped. For starters, there's a tremendous amount of corruption.

Got any ideas?

Philobeado

Didn't you run this exact same thread about three months ago?

Expect the same responses

Sorry bout that,

1. I have learned islam has its dirty foot in Detroit.
2. And as soon as they are the majority, then they will start the revolution.
3. They want it to go to seed, so they can plant thier seeds.
4. This is whats happenning to Detroit, you heard it here first!!!!
5. You are welcome.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The Democratic Party has had control over the City of Detroit since 1962. In a recent article in the Huffington post, Detroit's budget woes could leave areas of the city without police, fire services and garbage pick-up.

The City of Detroit has lost half of its population over the past 50 years. In 2007 Detroit was ranked as the most dangerous city in America. Detroit is the poorest big city in America with 31% of its citizens living below the poverty line. Detroit has among the highest population of homeless people in the country and a new report suggesting that Detroit support the homeless which puts 50% of its homeless population at risk of dying in 2011.

The City of Detroit has been under Democrat rule for 49 years. Nothing in Detroit is getting better but year after year after year the Democrat party promises the City of Detroit that they will solve the problems of Detroit. Still nothing has changed. The surrounding areas of Downtown Detroit can confuse you into thinking that you have wondered into a third world nation!

The Democrats socialized programs are once again under funded. The City had to borrow $100 million dollars to fund the Police and Fire Departments last year. Detroits budget may not be able to afford a contract for Garbage pick-up for the year 2011. Road repair isnt budgetted into 2011's plan as well as not having money to power street lamps.

>How is it that the City of Detroit keeps electing the same party year after year? The promises to rebuild Detroit are never fulfilled. The Detroit School System is in complete and udder disarray. But they keep electing the same group to solve the problem that they have created!<

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
- Albert Einstein
"There's a sucker born every minute."
-David Hannum. (commonly attributed to P.T. Barnum)
"Stupid people are the core constituency of the democrat party"
-wbpa8453

Welfare enslavement.

The dems have eased people into needing the government to the point where people don't know how to care for themselves.

But don't be confused by the horror that is Detroit. It is the Dream for America that the dems invision. If they didn't want equal sorrow for all, they would stop doing what they are doing.

Let's see. So far we have blamed Democrats, one party rule, corruption, Islam, blacks and drug laws.

How about a few factors that we have not yet discussed, like the loss of manufacturing jobs? The degradation of public education? Poverty?

O wait...those are harder to address and don't advance anyone's agenda. Nevermind.

One thing that should make everyone sick to their stomach is that we dropped the A-bomb on Hiroshima in 1945 and this is what the city of Hiroshima looks like today :
www.jesserichards.com/blog/hiroshima-2010-2-lg.jpg

That's it! Nuke it and start over.

Most of the old big northern cities in the rust belt are Democrat controlled, Philobeado. There just aren't all that many poor people who vote Republican. I am very sad to see Motown on its knees.....I love Detroit.

I dunno what the solution is, but you're right....the one party thingie has not helped. For starters, there's a tremendous amount of corruption.

Got any ideas?

Let's see. So far we have blamed Democrats, one party rule, corruption, Islam, blacks and drug laws.

How about a few factors that we have not yet discussed, like the loss of manufacturing jobs? The degradation of public education? Poverty?

O wait...those are harder to address and don't advance anyone's agenda. Nevermind.

The high cost of vans makes me have to wait until they are 10 years old to buy. I think fewer and fewer people could afford new one.

Get rid of the DoEd. It's a clear failure of America to regulate education coast to coast.

Poverty is not a valid excuse. Never has been, never will be.

These are American agendas. good luck finding people with the guts to follow through

Interesting, Two Thumbs. So happens, I think the auto industry owes the City of Detroit, just as I do the steel industry owes Cleveland. Putting the touch on them won't solve everything, but allowing them to exploit the area and then walk isn't helpful either.

How about we just blame the real people responsible? The people themselves.

Eliminate corruption in the hearts of the people and you will see the city flourish no matter who has power.

How about we just blame the real people responsible? The people themselves.

Eliminate corruption in the hearts of the people and you will see the city flourish no matter who has power.

Blaming the poor for their own poverty seems to be popular just now, but it is no more fair to do so than it ever was. BTW, I lived in Detroit in the late 1970's, Avatar. IMO, good people live there just as live anywhere.

Care to climb down off your high horse now?

Interesting, Two Thumbs. So happens, I think the auto industry owes the City of Detroit, just as I do the steel industry owes Cleveland. Putting the touch on them won't solve everything, but allowing them to exploit the area and then walk isn't helpful either.

HAHAHA

The city of Bethlehem PA THRIVES w/o the steel mills. The unions are DEAD here. We have art, music, parades, colleges, etc, etc. A thriving little Star in the middle of a rust belt waste land. It's so nice here people from NYC are starting to move nearby.

One industry moves on, you can weep over the lose or suck it up, be a man, and make the most of what you got.

Forum List

Back