Ron Paul: U.S. Foreign Policy Is Destabilizing The World...

Our policy is not destablizing the world.

The world is moving toward democracy, slowly but surely.

An enormous amount of what occurred over the last ten years has absolutely destabilized the world.

I haven't seen any evidence of democracy yet, just a lot of raging angry people, now that the genii has been let out of the bottle.

But do tell which tyrant takes over for the last tyrant?

If the twentieth century was the century of totalitarianism, total war, genocide, and brutality, it was also the century of democracy. As Freedom House notes in its latest annual survey of freedom in the world, there was not a single country in 1900 that would qualify by today’s standards as a democracy. By 1950, only 22 of the 80 sovereign political systems in the world (28 percent) were democratic. When the third wave of global democratization began in 1974, there were 39 democracies, but the percentage of democracies in the world was about the same (27 percent). Yet by January 2000, Freedom House counted 120 democracies, the highest number and the greatest percentage (63) in the history of the world.

A Report Card on Democracy | Hoover Institution

Our policy is not destablizing the world.

The world is moving toward democracy, slowly but surely.

An enormous amount of what occurred over the last ten years has absolutely destabilized the world.

I haven't seen any evidence of democracy yet, just a lot of raging angry people, now that the genii has been let out of the bottle.

But do tell which tyrant takes over for the last tyrant?

If the twentieth century was the century of totalitarianism, total war, genocide, and brutality, it was also the century of democracy. As Freedom House notes in its latest annual survey of freedom in the world, there was not a single country in 1900 that would qualify by today’s standards as a democracy. By 1950, only 22 of the 80 sovereign political systems in the world (28 percent) were democratic. When the third wave of global democratization began in 1974, there were 39 democracies, but the percentage of democracies in the world was about the same (27 percent). Yet by January 2000, Freedom House counted 120 democracies, the highest number and the greatest percentage (63) in the history of the world.

A Report Card on Democracy | Hoover Institution

Well i'm certainly not arguing against Freedom & Democracy. In fact i wish we had more of it here. Interfering with a Foreign Civil War and bombing the shit out of them has nothing to do with Democracy. Certainly in this Libyan War,that would be a big stretch at best. We shouldn't be killing any Libyans. It just isn't right.

And i still don't get how anyone can claim Gaddafi was a threat to the Region. He has very good relationships with many African Nations. He has never been hostile to his neighbors. Just more Bomber's Propaganda i guess.

If Ghaddafi is such a bastard why did we re-establish diplomatic relations with him? something change in the last month?

ObamaGaddafiShake.jpg

rice-libya_801661c.jpg

And i still don't get how anyone can claim Gaddafi was a threat to the Region. He has very good relationships with many African Nations. He has never been hostile to his neighbors. Just more Bomber's Propaganda i guess.

If Ghaddafi is such a bastard why did we re-establish diplomatic relations with him? something change in the last month?

ObamaGaddafiShake.jpg

rice-libya_801661c.jpg

Yea the guy dumped his WMD and renounced Terrorism. I thought he was our friend? This War is all about Oil. I guess many just don't want to believe that. So they buy into propaganda. It's sad.

ObamaGaddafiShake.jpg

rice-libya_801661c.jpg

Yea the guy dumped his WMD and renounced Terrorism. I thought he was our friend? This War is all about Oil. I guess many just don't want to believe that. So they buy into propaganda. It's sad.

Obama got us into a pickle, when all of this started he publicly told Ghaddafi he needs to step down. When this happened, Ghaddafi said the US can kiss those oil contracts goodbye, the only Western country allowed back in would be Germany because they opposed the no fly zone. Basically, Ghaddafi has to fall so we have a crack at regaining those multi billion dollar oil contracts.:eek:

ObamaGaddafiShake.jpg

rice-libya_801661c.jpg

Obama got us into a pickle, when all of this started he publicly told Ghaddafi he needs to step down. When this happened, Ghaddafi said the US can kiss those oil contracts goodbye, the only Western country allowed back in would be Germany because they opposed the no fly zone. Basically, Ghaddafi has to fall so we have a crack at regaining those multi billion dollar oil contracts.:eek:

Good points. I think it's even more important for some Western European Nations. They rely on Libya's Oil much more. That's why some Western European Nations were leading this Bombing Campaign. Looks like they're calling for the partitioning of Libya now. This thing is just a sad mess.

Good points. I think it's even more important for some Western European Nations. They rely on Libya's Oil much more. That's why some Western European Nations were leading this Bombing Campaign. Looks like they're calling for the partitioning of Libya now. This thing is just a sad mess.

The Euros get more oil from Libya than we do so they are concerned about that, plus they are also worried about a potential humanitarian crisis if this Libyan civil war goes on too long, Europe is not that far away and they could get alot of Libyan refugees if that is the case. They do have more worries than we do on this one.

I agree that Libya is not our fight. But unlike Paul, I noticed the ME was destabalizing a long time ago. Is it because of American foreign policy? Yes, but it's the foreign policy from the end of WWII.

Forum List

Back