Ron Paul: The Revolution Is Inevitable...

Violence begets more violence. We need a philosophical revolution, not a violent one.
What do you think the Tea Parties are all about?

We are watching the inverse of the 1960's. And what's so wonderful about it is that the bastards who were tearing up this country since then are around to watch EVERYTHING they've built fall to dust.

It's the nature of civilization. We've swung back and forth like this 4 times in our history. The Revolutionary Period, the Anti-Bellum Period, the Guilded Age and the 'Progressive' Age that is now ending for a return to the same roots that brought us the Revolution and Guilded Ages.

Classical liberalism with power to the people, not the government is on the rise.

And in 3-4 generations, (about 50-75 years) it will reverse itself again.

The Tea Party does not represent classical liberalism.
More than any other viable political movement in the last 40 years, they are classical liberals.

I call them "politicians".

I love revisionist history too. Without government we wouldn't have automobiles. Without government we wouldn't have airplanes. Without government we wouldn't have houses. Without government we wouldn't have civilization. Without government we wouldn't have bunny rabbits and rainbows.

That's not revisionist. That's exactly correct. From the dawn of time, when people figured that it was very possible to bring down a Mammoth with a group of like minded indivduals around them until now where we are able to communicate instaneously with just about anyone in the world, the use of government has facilitated some great things. This whole notion that government is somehow inherently evil is completely misconstrued. Government, essentially, is what we make of it. Much like almost every other human construct.

A group of likeminded Cavemen bringing down a mammoth isn't an example of government, it's an example of social cooperation. Had it been an example of government it would have been a group of Cavemen forcing another group of Cavemen to give them a certain percentage of the mammoth at spearpoint.

What do you think the Tea Parties are all about?

We are watching the inverse of the 1960's. And what's so wonderful about it is that the bastards who were tearing up this country since then are around to watch EVERYTHING they've built fall to dust.

It's the nature of civilization. We've swung back and forth like this 4 times in our history. The Revolutionary Period, the Anti-Bellum Period, the Guilded Age and the 'Progressive' Age that is now ending for a return to the same roots that brought us the Revolution and Guilded Ages.

Classical liberalism with power to the people, not the government is on the rise.

And in 3-4 generations, (about 50-75 years) it will reverse itself again.

The Tea Party does not represent classical liberalism.
More than any other viable political movement in the last 40 years, they are classical liberals.

That's not correct. The Tea Party movement is a combination of conservatives, neoconservatives, and some libertarians. Their rhetoric, at times, sounds like classical liberalism, but a majority of the Tea Party members would continue our militaristic foreign policy which is the antithesis to classical liberalism. The Liberty movement, libertarianism, the Old Right, etc... is where you'll find a continuation of classical liberalism.

rdean wont acknowledge Democrat action in this mess because that would mean he might be wrong and might have to change.

And believe me, if we want to fix this problem we all have to change.

2001 to 2008, 2.4 million jobs moved to China. What was the "Democratic Action"?:popcorn:

rdean wont acknowledge Democrat action in this mess because that would mean he might be wrong and might have to change.

2001 to 2008, 2.4 million jobs moved to China. What was the "Democratic Action"?:popcorn:

I don't know. Maybe that minimum wage increase they did the second they got into office that artificially jacked up the cost of labor across the entire country? You see when labor costs more, companies are going to try to produce products in areas where it doesn't cost as much to produce them. It's called common sense.

Or how about the policies put into effects during the 90s? Unless you think that none of them could have possibly effected anything during the years 2001-2008.

Come to grips with reality. Artificially increasing costs of productions through government intervention is going to send the production overseas. It doesn't matter whether its done by a Republican or a Democrat as both parties have done it.

You need to let go of this notion that Democrats can do no evil. It makes you look incredibly naive. Until you have the courage to look at yourself, your party and your policies through honest eyes, you will not fix any problems. Because the only real solutions will come in fixing ourselves.

Liberty movement? that's a new one for me. What's that?

- Limited government
- Low taxes / Low spending
- Noninterventionist foreign policy

The Liberty movement is the original modern day Tea Party movement, until our ideas were hijacked by Fox News, neoconservatives, and anyone essentially opposed to a Democratic President.

- Limited government

The Liberty movement is the original modern day Tea Party movement, until our ideas were hijacked by Fox News, neoconservatives, and anyone essentially opposed to a Democratic President.
:rolleyes:

Oh come on. You sound like a Paulite who's ticked off that Ron Paul that ruined his chances of being taken seriously by their zealotry.

Obstruction in the congress from 01 to 07, and control of it after jan 07.

fool.

- Limited government

Oh come on. You sound like a Paulite who's ticked off that Ron Paul that ruined his chances of being taken seriously by their zealotry.

Oh come on, you sound like someone who obviously doesn't know the history of the Tea Party movement. To be clear, it didn't start with Santelli's infamous rant. It started in 2007 with Ron Paul's candidacy. To say that our ideas weren't hijacked is to completely ignore the facts.

- Limited government

Oh come on, you sound like someone who obviously doesn't know the history of the Tea Party movement. To be clear, it didn't start with Santelli's infamous rant. It started in 2007 with Ron Paul's candidacy. To say that our ideas weren't hijacked is to completely ignore the facts.
We're on the same side, but you are way too far out there for me. I need a little slower ride out to that edge if I ever go there.

We're on the same side, but you are way too far out there for me. I need a little slower ride out to that edge if I ever go there.

I'm far out there because I realize that the Tea Party started with Ron Paul's Presidential campaign, and because I realize that the Tea Party movement as it stands today does not represent classical liberalism?

I don't know. Maybe that minimum wage increase they did the second they got into office that artificially jacked up the cost of labor across the entire country? You see when labor costs more, companies are going to try to produce products in areas where it doesn't cost as much to produce them. It's called common sense.

Well I am sure that is it. The company store wasn't good enough, they also demanded cash. NIKE makes no bones over their $250. tennis shoes, their workers get one cup of rice daily, and they damn sure better appreciate it, or they are replaced. Hell, its called Capitalistic common sense.

Well I am sure that is it. The company store wasn't good enough, they also demanded cash. NIKE makes no bones over their $250. tennis shoes, their workers get one cup of rice daily, and they damn sure better appreciate it, or they are replaced. Hell, its called Capitalistic common sense.

Personally I think it's all one big misunderstanding. We all want to have a decent standard of living for ourselves. And we all want everyone else to have a decent standard of living as well. The misunderstanding is that some people don't seem to get who is responsible for providing that. You see some people (cough, Shintao, cough, cough) seem to think the person or group responsible for your standard of living is either their employer or the government. Others of us believe that I am the one responsible for my standard of living and we act accordingly.

These stupid debates about unskilled labor being farmed out overseas and the minimum wage are protecting the lowest common denominators of our society. And you don't get that all your really advocating for is more excuses for people to not be responsible for their own outcomes.

You do realize that people don't have to take jobs they think are unfair right?

You do realize by moving these jobs overseas labor costs are lower and these companies are increasing the standard of living for all of their employees at the same time right?

If they weren't providing good pay for the people, they wouldnt take jobs there. Or do you think these companies just round up people and put guns to their backs to force them to work?

Why do you think that only Americans are entitled to jobs? If someone from another country can do the job just as efficiently and much cheaper, why on earth shouldn't we be letting them produce it?

I'm convinced that the left either doesn't bother thinking out their policy effects on multiple nations or they want to keep the rest of the world in complete bondage by pretending they are unworthy of jobs while sending their dictators financial stimulus.

I call them "politicians".

I love revisionist history too. Without government we wouldn't have automobiles. Without government we wouldn't have airplanes. Without government we wouldn't have houses. Without government we wouldn't have civilization. Without government we wouldn't have bunny rabbits and rainbows.

That's not revisionist. That's exactly correct. From the dawn of time, when people figured that it was very possible to bring down a Mammoth with a group of like minded indivduals around them until now where we are able to communicate instaneously with just about anyone in the world, the use of government has facilitated some great things. This whole notion that government is somehow inherently evil is completely misconstrued. Government, essentially, is what we make of it. Much like almost every other human construct.

A group of likeminded Cavemen bringing down a mammoth isn't an example of government, it's an example of social cooperation. Had it been an example of government it would have been a group of Cavemen forcing another group of Cavemen to give them a certain percentage of the mammoth at spearpoint.

Um..one just has to check out what hunters and gatherers do today (Fortunately..there are some places where that does exist) to understand that yes..those were the foundations of government.

"Classical Liberalism"
"Enemy Combatant"
"Weapons of Mass Destruction"
"Enhanced Interogation"

Man..we really are at war with Eastasia..and never with Eurasia aren't we?

Um..one just has to check out what hunters and gatherers do today (Fortunately..there are some places where that does exist) to understand that yes..those were the foundations of government.

Fortunately there are places where people live a subsistence level? What's fortunate about that?

Government is force. People working together voluntarily for a common goal is not government.

Forum List

Back