Ron Paul Supporters.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
I was sitting here wondering how a man with such a short sighted, Idealist, and dangerous set of ideas on US foreign policy could get so much support. Then I did some research and found over 70% of his supporters are 28 or Younger.

Finally it makes sense, to young to understand why the US needs to remain engaged, but old enough to have lived through 9/11 and all the blaming of US policy for it.

They actually think if we had just minded our own business for the last 60 years everything would be ok. They have actually been siting a UN report on the Decline of War over the last 50 years as evidence we do not need to meddle. Completely ignoring the fact that is is because we have meddled, and played cop for the last 60 Plus years that war has been on the Decline.

99% of the people who support Ron Paul only do so because he thinks it would be appropriate to legalize pot. The other 1% are just puppets.

I was sitting here wondering how a man with such a short sighted, Idealist, and dangerous set of ideas on US foreign policy could get so much support. Then I did some research and found over 70% of his supporters are 28 or Younger.

Finally it makes sense, to young to understand why the US needs to remain engaged, but old enough to have lived through 9/11 and all the blaming of US policy for it.

They actually think if we had just minded our own business for the last 60 years everything would be ok. They have actually been siting a UN report on the Decline of War over the last 50 years as evidence we do not need to meddle. Completely ignoring the fact that is is because we have meddled, and played cop for the last 60 Plus years that war has been on the Decline.

I think war only declined for other countries. I think it has been non stop for our country.

You can say what you want but its not you that will have to pay back this debt and it's not you that will be dying in these useless wars. You have bought into the hype and that's cool but you are soon you be the minority because Ron Paul scored 48% of the under 30 vote last night. There is a new movement coming your way whether you like it or not and it is going to change the face of politics in this country.

you can say what you want but its not you that will have to pay back this debt and it's not you that will be dying in these useless wars. You have bought into the hype and that's cool but you are soon you be the minority because ron paul scored 48% of the under 30 vote last night. There is a new movement coming your way whether you like it or not and it is going to change the face of politics in this country.

ows?

I am 56 and I am voting for Ron Paul. I lived through the Bay of Pigs, the Vietnam
War, The Granada incident, the Iranian Hostage crisis, the first Gulf War, 9-11, the wars in Afghanistan, and Iraq. I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, but I do agree with most of it. We cannot afford to be the world's police. I'm sick of paying for wars to free people who end up hating us afterward, and I'm not even talking yet of the cost in American lives. Our foreign policy needs to change. I know that Ron Paul will change it and I know that he won't change it as radically as he wants to. That is a good thing. I don't fear a RP presidency because the POTUS isn't Caesar he cannot simply do whatever he wants to. What he can do is the many things that he and the mainstream GOP agree on: smaller government, balanced budget, reduction in government spending, and many other areas. Ron Paul is above all a follower of the Constitution. More so than any of the other candidates and more so than the last several presidents. He's the man we need.

I don't think he will win, but I know that when I vote fkor Ron Paul, I'm voting completely in line with my conservative beliefs.

That said, if RP doesn't win, I will support whoever does.

What exactly is dangerous about not occupying volitale foreign nations and stretching ourselves thin overseas? Look, I want our troops in nations that haven't seen war in decades brought home. We can have a great standing on the world stage without having troops in every nation. I want the UN to NEVER dominate the foreign or domestic policy of the United States and honestly wouldn't mind withdrawling from it if there aren't siginificant changes push. I want our nation to stop supplying billions in foreign aid to worthless piece of junk dictatorships that hate us anyway like Pakistan. And want to scale back USAID to an emergency recovery agency, that only gives money to nations in case of a natural disaster.

I want to either do what it takes to win Afghanistan or get out. We can't build a nation for them and we can't do for them what they won't do for themselves. I believe that America's strength doesn't lie on how much money we spend on maintaining bases in continents around the world and having a major military presence in places where it's uneeded. I'm for a STRONG defense, a well taken care of, well funded, LARGE and healthy military that becomes the backbone of our economy. We can have a military far larger than Chinas troop-wise, far more high-tech, and far more educated.

I'm not some hippy let's get along love everybody liberal nutjob. I just see there is a more practical way to exert our influence on the world by LEADING in the world in recovering from this economic depression instead of stretching ourselves so thin we're overtaken by the depression ourselves.

And I STILL find his foreign policy very practical in some ways. Not to mention the fact that he is THE ONLY candidate to have experienced any military service. I'm a military man, THAT'S what over all draws me to Paul... not the fact that I'm under 28.

I don't blame U.S. policy for 9/11. If I did I wouldn't have joined in the fight and served. I'm not some American-hating slimeball that believes that the Muslims are oppressed by the evil western world. And I'm honest enough to admit that MANY of Ron Paul's supporters are, many are not. I don't believe 9/11 was an inside job, I don't believe it was any fault of our own. I believe radical and fundamentalist Islamic militants are to blame, that they really are on a desparate rampage to destroy the ideas and principles of the west and Israel. I support Israel's right to sovereignty. I believe there are smarter means to win the war against the muslim extremists though then endlessly occupy Afghanistan.

I'd never site anything written or endorsed by the UN. But thanks.

Last edited:

Eight years ago, I was sitting around wondering how our nation could possibly be foolish enough to re-elect GW. The point is, we all have different values, different perspectives, different concerns. I'm in my late forties. I've been a libertarian/Libertarian since high-school.

My observation is that the age difference in Ron Paul's support has more to do with the media we are exposed to. We're seeing a transition away from a "push" media model to a "pull" media model. The Ron Paul Revolution meme from 2007 began with the simple message of "Google Ron Paul", and I think that epitomizes the difference in mindset. Younger people don't get their news from centralized sources and are more independent in seeking out information. Older people are more likely to depend on broadcast news media, and have an ingrained assumption that if it isn't on the evening news, it isn't important or credible.

Last edited:
Ron Paul is on to something because someone needs to break the back of the RINO war machine:

Rebuilding America's Defences," openly advocates for total global military domination” (Very dangerous position which threatens OUR freedoms and the nations security)
Project for the New American Century - SourceWatch

Endorsed By :

Elliott Abrams / Gary Bauer / William J. Bennett / Jeb Bush /

Dick Cheney / Eliot A. Cohen / Midge Decter / Paula Dobriansky / Steve Forbes /

Aaron Friedberg / Francis Fukuyama / Frank Gaffney / Fred C. Ikle /

Donald Kagan / Zalmay Khalilzad / I. Lewis Libby / Norman Podhoretz /

Dan Quayle / Peter W. Rodman / Stephen P. Rosen / Henry S. Rowen /

Donald Rumsfeld / Vin Weber / George Weigel / Paul Wolfowitz /

Behind the scene:

Newt Gingrich / George Herbert Walker Bush / James Baker / Vice Adm John Poindexter

The war machine pays for the well- connected like the Bush & cheneys of the world. See halliburton, kbr, carlyle group, etc...

Maybe another reason is because he is the only candidate with consistent views?

What Paul has been telling us, inn every way he can say it, is simply that, if elected, he would be on vacation for 4 years. Every other pub "candidate" says they want to go to war and they will raise the taxes of the 99% to do it.

President Obama is ending wars INTELLIGENTLY. A far cry from what Paul wants to do.

There is a new movement coming your way whether you like it or not and it is going to change the face of politics in this country.

Nothing new from any of the clown car candidates and certainly nothing new from Paul. Its just the same old crap he spouts every election but, what the so-called "libertarians" don't notice is that he goes right back to being a tax and spend pub.

Doesn't matter because he doesn't have a chance of getting the nod.

Bush = 2 wars
Obama = 5 wars

But war is on the decline right?

UN report? Oh Lord!

How many Americans did we lose in Obamas 5 wars?

In Bushs two wars over seven years...how many did he win?
So you support war only if a few people get killed?

That means you STILL support the Military Industrial Complex.

But apparently you still believe "war is in decline" right?

I am 56 and I am voting for Ron Paul. I lived through the Bay of Pigs, the Vietnam
War, The Granada incident, the Iranian Hostage crisis, the first Gulf War, 9-11, the wars in Afghanistan, and Iraq. I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything, but I do agree with most of it. We cannot afford to be the world's police. I'm sick of paying for wars to free people who end up hating us afterward, and I'm not even talking yet of the cost in American lives. Our foreign policy needs to change. I know that Ron Paul will change it and I know that he won't change it as radically as he wants to. That is a good thing. I don't fear a RP presidency because the POTUS isn't Caesar he cannot simply do whatever he wants to. What he can do is the many things that he and the mainstream GOP agree on: smaller government, balanced budget, reduction in government spending, and many other areas. Ron Paul is above all a follower of the Constitution. More so than any of the other candidates and more so than the last several presidents. He's the man we need.

I don't think he will win, but I know that when I vote fkor Ron Paul, I'm voting completely in line with my conservative beliefs.

That said, if RP doesn't win, I will support whoever does.

then you have no conservative principles. You are a whore

Conservative principles say that you must always oppose the President if he/she isn't your man/woman?
That explains a lot.

Forum List

Back