Ron Paul Supporters.

I was sitting here wondering how a man with such a short sighted, Idealist, and dangerous set of ideas on US foreign policy could get so much support. Then I did some research and found over 70% of his supporters are 28 or Younger.

Finally it makes sense, to young to understand why the US needs to remain engaged, but old enough to have lived through 9/11 and all the blaming of US policy for it.

They actually think if we had just minded our own business for the last 60 years everything would be ok. They have actually been siting a UN report on the Decline of War over the last 50 years as evidence we do not need to meddle. Completely ignoring the fact that is is because we have meddled, and played cop for the last 60 Plus years that war has been on the Decline.

The problem isn't that we are engaged, but that we are carrying all the load.

We spend more on our military than the rest ofthe world combined. Six of the next ten top spenders are our allies - UK, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Italy.

And a big part of the problem is that our foreign policy seems to be about supporting Israel for no good reason and furthering the interests of corporations. Neither of which does these 28 year olds much good in their future.

Also, a subject no one wants to discuss. We make a lot of our own problems.

Saddam Hussein was a good buddy of the CIA. They supported his initial coup, and we turned a blind eye while he waged war against Iran for nearly a decade. Then he invaded Kuwait and became the bad guy.

We armed a bunch of crazy muslims in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets because they were teaching women how to read, including one named Osama Bin Laden. Oddly, these were the same people who turned on us on 9/11.

We can't keep sticking our hand in the hornet's nest and then complain about getting stung. And we can't go about raising up bigger, nastier hornets and then bitch when they sting us.

You're stupid enough to be the love child of Ron Paul and Rev. Wright.

Actually the military spoke out about stretching the military too thin before BUSH/Cheney/Rummy/Rice decided to invade. These four paid no attention.

The military position is that it's not smart to fight more than one war at a time......

How smart is it to invade countries that never attacked the USA and could not attack the USA?

The US Navy had the no fly zone in effect since Reagan/Bush. Navy Fighter jets and USA radar had the oil countries under control.

True on every point except the no fly zone. That was a Bush/Clinton thing.

I was sitting here wondering how a man with such a short sighted, Idealist, and dangerous set of ideas on US foreign policy could get so much support. Then I did some research and found over 70% of his supporters are 28 or Younger.

Finally it makes sense, to young to understand why the US needs to remain engaged, but old enough to have lived through 9/11 and all the blaming of US policy for it.

They actually think if we had just minded our own business for the last 60 years everything would be ok. They have actually been siting a UN report on the Decline of War over the last 50 years as evidence we do not need to meddle. Completely ignoring the fact that is is because we have meddled, and played cop for the last 60 Plus years that war has been on the Decline.
Your inability to understand derives from your primary problem.
633918709174179410-yourproblem.jpg

You are trying to see out of your own throat.

Ron Paul isn't going to get the nomination...i hope. But, if he runs Libertarian the people that vote for him are going to guarantee Obama gets re-elected. All it will do is pull many votes away from the Republican candidate. If they don't want Obama, then they better start thinking of what they're doing. IF it gets down to Paul and Obama...i probably won't vote. I want nothing to do with either of them getting in office in November!

Ron Paul isn't going to get the nomination...i hope. But, if he runs Libertarian the people that vote for him are going to guarantee Obama gets re-elected. All it will do is pull many votes away from the Republican candidate. If they don't want Obama, then they better start thinking of what they're doing. IF it gets down to Paul and Obama...i probably won't vote. I want nothing to do with either of them getting in office in November!

I agree. The GOP better had start getting in line behind Paul.

Nonsense
This argument appeals to the mathematically challenged and those who do not understand the electoral college.

Lol adorable.

And I'm sure all the ppl who are 28 and under who vote for the same neocons and liberals the reps and dems love are very well informed articulate young minds to all the Paul haters on this thread.

I'm 26, so according to the OP in 3 years will I start thinking budget deficits, increasing debt, increasing spending, growing gov't and warmongering are all great things and do a 180 degree flip flop on what my position on those issues is now?

If they don't want Obama, then they better start thinking of what they're doing. IF it gets down to Paul and Obama...i probably won't vote. I want nothing to do with either of them getting in office in November!

That's more or less my view regarding Obama vs. Romney. Though, rather than not voting at all, I'll likely vote Libertarian and help build momentum there.

Next up on the neocon agenda...Let's change the voting age to 30 to solve the "Ron Paul problem."

And lower the enlistment age to 14.

Na, thats to objectionable. After they start the war with Iran and Syria expect a draft. They will call it free markets and let anyone who can pay 5,000$ be excluded from it.

Corporate Liberals are destroying this country.

If the election came down to R-Romney, I-Paul, and D-odumbo, those thinking that it's an AUTOMATIC WIN for the kenyan are out in lala land. There are hundreds of thousands even millions of people that voted for obama because they fell for his line of SHIT. Well as the old saying goes, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." Many of these people won't be fooled twice and they will NOT vote for odumbo again. I know personally of two such people, both of whom are now leaning heavily towards Paul. If there are TWO campaigns, repub and independent, BOTH railing on the kenyan, he wouldn't stand a chance. The election would come down between Romney and Paul, and my bet would be on Paul. Yes, I do believe he could win as an independent. "CONSERVATIVE" republicans do NOT like Romney, and they HATE obama. They would end up voting for Paul.

Last edited:

Not at all true. Ron Paul is very popular amoung the young, who voted for Obama in 2008. Many Republicans know that the main objective is to defeat obama. They will "hold their nose" and vote for Paul if they have to. Paul will gather a great many independants and moderates, plus the young. Leaving obama with blacks and hard line leftists.

But, if he runs Libertarian the people that vote for him are going to guarantee Obama gets re-elected. All it will do is pull many votes away from the Republican candidate. If they don't want Obama, then they better start thinking of what they're doing.
Bullshit. Probably about 80% of the people who would vote for Dr. Paul as an independent would not vote for any of the other empty suits running for the nomination right now. For that 80% (myself included), it's either Paul or nobody. We don't want Obama, Romney, Gingrich, Perry, Santorum, Huntsman, Roemer, Bachmann, or Cain, so we're not voting for any of them.

If you don't want Obama, then you better not nominate one of the other assclowns in the running right now, unless you just want to go down in flames like in '96. There's no way in Hell I'd ever vote for any of those other idiots.

The problem isn't that we are engaged, but that we are carrying all the load.

We spend more on our military than the rest ofthe world combined. Six of the next ten top spenders are our allies - UK, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Italy.

And a big part of the problem is that our foreign policy seems to be about supporting Israel for no good reason and furthering the interests of corporations. Neither of which does these 28 year olds much good in their future.

Also, a subject no one wants to discuss. We make a lot of our own problems.

Saddam Hussein was a good buddy of the CIA. They supported his initial coup, and we turned a blind eye while he waged war against Iran for nearly a decade. Then he invaded Kuwait and became the bad guy.

We armed a bunch of crazy muslims in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets because they were teaching women how to read, including one named Osama Bin Laden. Oddly, these were the same people who turned on us on 9/11.

We can't keep sticking our hand in the hornet's nest and then complain about getting stung. And we can't go about raising up bigger, nastier hornets and then bitch when they sting us.

You're stupid enough to be the love child of Ron Paul and Rev. Wright.

You're stupid enough to be the love child of JakeSnarkey and BDBoop. thank god they are pro-abortion.

What do you find

Paulestinians are idiots believing bringing the military back within our borders will make wars cheaper by not being in them, in fact we will have more wars and larger ones caused by Iran, China and Russia trying to dominate their regions of the world through invasions much like what Saddam did when he thought we would let him invade Kuwait.

Forum List

Back