Ron Paul Supporters.

Over 30 years of age and don't do drugs and don't associate with people that do them.
My friends that support Ron are around 40 years old.

So much for your theory numbskull

The war machine pays for the well- connected like the Bush & cheneys of the world. See halliburton, kbr, carlyle group, etc...

Who is involved in oil and weapons?

Bush Family Values: War, Wealth, Oil

We Arm the World -- In These Times

Ron Paul would push for legalization of reefer for reasons of recreation. Ron Paul sees the huge expense in Law Enforcement and the court system. Legalization would remove a lot of tax dollars from that system
and might generate taxes by way of tax stamps,sales taxes etc etc. With Ron Paul it is purely economics.

Last edited:
I was sitting here wondering how a man with such a short sighted, Idealist, and dangerous set of ideas on US foreign policy could get so much support. Then I did some research and found over 70% of his supporters are 28 or Younger.

Finally it makes sense, to young to understand why the US needs to remain engaged, but old enough to have lived through 9/11 and all the blaming of US policy for it.

They actually think if we had just minded our own business for the last 60 years everything would be ok. They have actually been siting a UN report on the Decline of War over the last 50 years as evidence we do not need to meddle. Completely ignoring the fact that is is because we have meddled, and played cop for the last 60 Plus years that war has been on the Decline.

Yeah very true, and it didn't help in Iowa's Hawkeye Cockeye that all college campuses could walk into a caucus last night, register as a Republican--and vote at the same time. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

And once Ron Paul loses the nomination they will be running back to Obama.

Racism doesn't seem to matter to them, the newsletters or the tweet from Ron Paul last week-- stating, "Abe Lincoln was responsible for the killing of 500K Americans during the civil war."

But--thinking about it-- Obama sitting in a separatist--racist church for 20 years with a pastor screaming G.D. America didn't raise an eyebrow with them either.

Last edited:
Rightwinger: "I'm all for war as long as no Americans get killed."
"We could bomb every country on earth and I would be ok withit as long as no Americans get killed."
"I' have no moral opposition to war, in fact, the Military Industrial Complex is what America is all about".

That about right?

You can say what you want but its not you that will have to pay back this debt and it's not you that will be dying in these useless wars. You have bought into the hype and that's cool but you are soon you be the minority because Ron Paul scored 48% of the under 30 vote last night. There is a new movement coming your way whether you like it or not and it is going to change the face of politics in this country.

Maybe most of his supporters are young because they can see that there generation and the generations after them are totally getting fucked.

I was sitting here wondering how a man with such a short sighted, Idealist, and dangerous set of ideas on US foreign policy could get so much support. Then I did some research and found over 70% of his supporters are 28 or Younger.

Finally it makes sense, to young to understand why the US needs to remain engaged, but old enough to have lived through 9/11 and all the blaming of US policy for it.

They actually think if we had just minded our own business for the last 60 years everything would be ok. They have actually been siting a UN report on the Decline of War over the last 50 years as evidence we do not need to meddle. Completely ignoring the fact that is is because we have meddled, and played cop for the last 60 Plus years that war has been on the Decline.

I think war only declined for other countries. I think it has been non stop for our country.

Perhaps you should do some research, Wars America has been involved in are but a tiny % of the wars that have happened in the last 60 years, and many would argue some of those wars in effect stopped larger or worse wars from happening. Or in Kuwait for example, were a response to another countries overt act of aggression and part of a UN lead effort.

Only Nam, and Iraq part II were not UN sanctioned actions.

So do please stop the Drama.

The US by sheer will, and the willingness to use the Stick as well as the Carrot, has helped keep a Major World Conflict from happening for 60 years. Simple as that.

You can say what you want but its not you that will have to pay back this debt and it's not you that will be dying in these useless wars. You have bought into the hype and that's cool but you are soon you be the minority because Ron Paul scored 48% of the under 30 vote last night. There is a new movement coming your way whether you like it or not and it is going to change the face of politics in this country.

Maybe most of his supporters are young because they can see that there generation and the generations after them are totally getting fucked.

Every Generation always thinks they know best, but guess what, they are always extreme Naive and Ignorant of how the world really works. I know because I was once too. When I was younger than 28. lol

They tend to be very Idealistic. Which Explains one thinking that all the US has to do is Mind it's own Business and we will be secure and the world wont go to shit. Now that I am Pushing Double that number I see that things are not at all Black and White, and that while the US has made Mistake, and supported bad people, over all we have been an force for good in this world, and I would not want to see what the world will be like if we "Mind our own Business"

How is it short sighted to point to 1953 and analyze the effects of 70 years of big government foreign policy? How is it short sighted to take the information learned in the past and see how there will be negative consequences in the future?

And don't you agree that if the US government had minded its own business with regards to the economy everything would be better? Don't you agree that government intervening in the economy at home causes a plethora of economic problems? It is you who has inconsistent views.

Also, since I am under 30 and stupid, my support of free markets must also be misguided, right? Arguing that Ron Paul is wrong because young people support him is precisely the reason why the Republican Party is becoming less and less popular with young people. You scare them away to the Democrats, were they end up abandoning their beliefs about free markets.

No, we stupid young people support Ron Paul because we are not benefiting from the corrupt establishment of either party which serves to drive us more and more into debt, endanger our lives, make us less safe, and crush our chances at success. How stupid of us to support someone who wants to stop it all.

Last edited:
Ron Paul is on to something because someone needs to break the back of the RINO war machine:

Rebuilding America's Defences," openly advocates for total global military domination” (Very dangerous position which threatens OUR freedoms and the nations security)
Project for the New American Century - SourceWatch

Endorsed By :

Elliott Abrams / Gary Bauer / William J. Bennett / Jeb Bush /

Dick Cheney / Eliot A. Cohen / Midge Decter / Paula Dobriansky / Steve Forbes /

Aaron Friedberg / Francis Fukuyama / Frank Gaffney / Fred C. Ikle /

Donald Kagan / Zalmay Khalilzad / I. Lewis Libby / Norman Podhoretz /

Dan Quayle / Peter W. Rodman / Stephen P. Rosen / Henry S. Rowen /

Donald Rumsfeld / Vin Weber / George Weigel / Paul Wolfowitz /

Behind the scene:

Newt Gingrich / George Herbert Walker Bush / James Baker / Vice Adm John Poindexter

WOW, so many scumbags in one place!

Every Generation always thinks they know best, but guess what, they are always extreme Naive and Ignorant of how the world really works. I know because I was once too. When I was younger than 28. lol

They tend to be very Idealistic. Which Explains one thinking that all the US has to do is Mind it's own Business and we will be secure and the world wont go to shit. Now that I am Pushing Double that number I see that things are not at all Black and White, and that while the US has made Mistake, and supported bad people, over all we have been an force for good in this world, and I would not want to see what the world will be like if we "Mind our own Business"
No, the US should engage in trade around the world and defend itself when threatened, and not have military bases in 2/3 of the world's countries. That is bankrupting us and making people hate us, not making us safe. It is idealistic to think that the same corrupt government that distorts the economy and plays politics at home will suddenly transform into this benevolent force abroad. It is idealistic to assume that people in other countries hate us because of our freedoms, and pretend that killing innocent people, overthrowing governments, and occupying countries will not incite hatred towards us.

And once Ron Paul loses the nomination they will be running back to Obama.

Racism doesn't seem to matter to them, the newsletters or the tweet from Ron Paul last week-- stating, "Abe Lincoln was responsible for the killing of 500K Americans during the civil war."
Ron Paul may have many young supporters, but you sir, you are the one acting like an 8 year old.

I am 56 and I am voting for Ron Paul.

So much for the OP’s ‘theory.’

I encounter Paul supporters of all ages, but they share a common insanity.

What exactly is dangerous about not occupying volitale foreign nations and stretching ourselves thin overseas?

The defense industry and Pentagon won’t have anything to do.

Hmm... I'm hoping you're going for a subtle parody of a simple-minded bigot. That's it, right?

Actually the military spoke out about stretching the military too thin before BUSH/Cheney/Rummy/Rice decided to invade. These four paid no attention.

The military position is that it's not smart to fight more than one war at a time......

How smart is it to invade countries that never attacked the USA and could not attack the USA?

The US Navy had the no fly zone in effect since Reagan/Bush. Navy Fighter jets and USA radar had the oil countries under control.

The problem isn't that we are engaged, but that we are carrying all the load.

We spend more on our military than the rest ofthe world combined. Six of the next ten top spenders are our allies - UK, France, Germany, Japan, Canada, Italy.

And a big part of the problem is that our foreign policy seems to be about supporting Israel for no good reason and furthering the interests of corporations. Neither of which does these 28 year olds much good in their future.

Also, a subject no one wants to discuss. We make a lot of our own problems.

Saddam Hussein was a good buddy of the CIA. They supported his initial coup, and we turned a blind eye while he waged war against Iran for nearly a decade. Then he invaded Kuwait and became the bad guy.

We armed a bunch of crazy muslims in Afghanistan to fight the Soviets because they were teaching women how to read, including one named Osama Bin Laden. Oddly, these were the same people who turned on us on 9/11.

We can't keep sticking our hand in the hornet's nest and then complain about getting stung. And we can't go about raising up bigger, nastier hornets and then bitch when they sting us.

Forum List

Back