Ron Paul On Compromise & Democracy...

...you miss the point on EVERYTHING.

Example?

How about you admit first that Representative Republics are in fact forms of Democracy since the people have indirect control via their votes of what their governments do. Can you do that? And then maybe we can talk about how your movement is stuck in 1955.

Democracy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Republic
Main article: Republicanism
In contemporary usage, the term democracy refers to a government chosen by the people, whether it is direct or representative.[55] The term republic has many different meanings, but today often refers to a representative democracy with an elected head of state, such as a president, serving for a limited term, in contrast to states with a hereditary monarch as a head of state, even if these states also are representative democracies with an elected or appointed head of government such as a prime minister.[56]

It's amazing so few Americans realize we're not a Democracy. Chalk another one up to our wonderful Public School System i guess.

Representative Republics are a form of Democracy. Why do you Paulbots like to wag your finger and get all school-marmy about this point all the time? Maybe there are some dummies out there who don't know the differences between our system and a pure Democracy, but you guys show a very elementary level understanding of government systems when you claim that we're "not a Democracy."

We just happen to have a form of government that's based Democracy, is all. Sort of like how Protestantism and Catholicism are both rooted in Christianity. This is also why I turn off to PaulBots eventually. You get so caught-up in the semantics, and so into the "ha ha, I proved you don't know ANYTHING" that you miss the point on EVERYTHING.

So what's your point? What do you disagree with pertaining to what Dr. Paul said?

Again, I'll get to that. But since it's you PaulBots who keep trying to remind us all that our form of government is in no way a Democracy, I want you guys to admit you're wrong there, and then we can discuss the complete Fantasyland you all live in.

Representative Republics are a form of Democracy. Why do you Paulbots like to wag your finger and get all school-marmy about this point all the time? Maybe there are some dummies out there who don't know the differences between our system and a pure Democracy, but you guys show a very elementary level understanding of government systems when you claim that we're "not a Democracy."

We just happen to have a form of government that's based Democracy, is all. Sort of like how Protestantism and Catholicism are both rooted in Christianity. This is also why I turn off to PaulBots eventually. You get so caught-up in the semantics, and so into the "ha ha, I proved you don't know ANYTHING" that you miss the point on EVERYTHING.

So what's your point? What do you disagree with pertaining to what Dr. Paul said?

Again, I'll get to that. But since it's you PaulBots who keep trying to remind us all that our form of government is in no way a Democracy, I want you guys to admit you're wrong there, and then we can discuss the complete Fantasyland you all live in.

Nah, lets not discuss it. You'll never compromise. And i'm not saying that's a bad thing. And neither is Dr. Paul. You actually agree with Dr. Paul much more than you realize. You're getting there. You're making some progress. But you still have a ways to go.

...you miss the point on EVERYTHING.

Example?

How about you admit first that Representative Republics are in fact forms of Democracy since the people have indirect control via their votes of what their governments do. Can you do that? And then maybe we can talk about how your movement is stuck in 1955.

Republic
In contemporary usage, the term democracy refers to a government chosen by the people, whether it is direct or representative.[55] The term republic has many different meanings, but today often refers to a representative democracy with an elected head of state, such as a president, serving for a limited term, in contrast to states with a hereditary monarch as a head of state, even if these states also are representative democracies with an elected or appointed head of government such as a prime minister.[56]

I prefer the term representative democracy but you call it whatever you like. Now let's get to those examples of where we "miss the point on EVERYTHING".

Republic

I prefer the term representative democracy but you call it whatever you like. Now let's get to those examples of where we "miss the point on EVERYTHING".

:lol: He'll have to Google a response. One day he'll grow up and realize that Dr. Paul was The Man. But you can't force people to grow up and evolve. That takes time. But he'll get it at some point. I'm confident of that.

why does he hate the founders?

Your ignorance never ceases...

But what the hell, just for shits and giggles, tell us exactly why you believe Dr Paul hates the founders. This ought to be a hoot.

ronnie probably doesn't hate them... just what they created.

actually, not even... he's using weak people suseptible to simplistic messages to advance himself.

It is amazing to me that you can say this with a straight face.

That you make references to the weak minded......is hysterical.

Your ignorance never ceases...

But what the hell, just for shits and giggles, tell us exactly why you believe Dr Paul hates the founders. This ought to be a hoot.

actually, not even... he's using weak people suseptible to simplistic messages to advance himself.

Especially funny & ironic, coming from a loyal 'Hope & Change' Obamabot. Talk about weak people suseptible to simplistic messages? Yikes!

Especially funny & ironic, coming from a loyal 'Hope & Change' Obamabot. Talk about weak people suseptible to simplistic messages? Yikes!

They must have thought he was saying DOPE and change.

Ron Paul has accomplished nothing as a Congressman

Shows what his views on compromise is worth

Ron Paul has accomplished nothing as a Congressman

Shows what his views on compromise is worth

Didn't expect you to get it. But hey, at least you finally actually watched the video. Progress at last. I'll take what i can get.

We send people to congress to represent us not to compromise us.

What a cute bumper sticker that'd be.

And what a shitty, terrible, grid-lock inducing, do-nothing, fuck over the American people kind of political philosophy for a legislator to live by.

I only wish we had a 'Do-Nothing Congress.' In my opinion, they do way too much.

If we had a republic would we still have senators and congressmen/women? It says A Republic depends on the constitution for its laws etc but what if a majority agree that the constitution says we can do it and a minority thinks it says we can't? I don't understand how to keep a republic form of government? I mean the politicians would have to be more scared of the people....so that they don't pervert the constitution...I would think in a Republic the congress/senate should only meet 2 or 3 times a year for maybe a week at a time...to take up anything that may need taken up...because if we allow them to be in office all year long that's to much of a urge to try and change things.Do you think a Republic is able to be used in the 21st century? There are SOOO many things that the constitution doesn't give us that we have now a days...it just seems way past what the constitution says we should have.

You're the biggest bot in USMB. No matter what, your "great teacher" or whatever you call him is ALWAYS right. Seldom are their facts or studies to back him up, but who needs facts when you're always right, right?

If the voting age were 21 Paul wouldn't even be in politics.

:lmao:

Yes. His voting constituency in texas consisted of 21 or younger. It's pretty funny to listen to some people's babble.

It's pretty well known Paul's core base are very liberal college students.

AND the Military AND us old folks, pretty much most normal people.

We send people to congress to represent us not to compromise us.

What a cute bumper sticker that'd be.

And what a shitty, terrible, grid-lock inducing, do-nothing, fuck over the American people kind of political philosophy for a legislator to live by.

I only wish we had a 'Do-Nothing Congress.' In my opinion, they do way too much.

Funny how just about no one but you borderline Anarchists, er, I mean Libertarians, believes that one bit.

Funny how just about no one but you borderline Anarchists, er, I mean Libertarians, believes that one bit.

Oh my, you are a confused little puppy aren't you?

Libertarianism is no more Anarchy, then a Progressivism and liberal Democrats are the same thing as a Communists. Both are ridiculous statements. Grow up.

Forum List

Back