Ron Paul Campaign to a new LOW in Puerto Rico

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
They didn't just come in last, they dropped to 5th place. Losing to a guy no one ever heard of! Why does the good doctor keep embarrassing himself?

OUTTAKE BLOG
Openly gay GOP Presidential candidate Fred Karger beat Congressman Ron Paul by 250 votes in Sunday’s Puerto Rican primary with 82% of the precincts reported in. This is the first time that Karger has beaten one of his 4 top-tier rivals in the 3 primaries that he has competed in. Karger stated, “We spent the past 6 days campaigning hard in Puerto Rico & it worked. Ron Paul has been in all 20 debates, raised $35 million & has 80% name identification & it looks like we beat him with our message of jobs now, moderation and inclusion. We met with Republican leaders, students, the LGBT Community & lots of voters over the last 6 days & we ran our Spanish-language commercial, “Hola Puerto Rico” on television leading up to Sunday’s primary. On Saturday we even went all over San Juan in a traditional campaign Sound Truck with a group of volunteers.

They didn't just come in last, they dropped to 5th place. Losing to a guy no one ever heard of! Why does the good doctor keep embarrassing himself?

The question is, why does it bother you? Here's why: Because he shines a light on the hypocrisy and idiocy of the mainstream candidates. It's why we keep sending him money. Because he makes fools of you all.

The question is, why does it bother you? Here's why: Because he shines a light on the hypocrisy and idiocy of the mainstream candidates. It's why we keep sending him money. Because he makes fools of you all.

Because I respect the man and like what he preaches. Best ad I saw was how he plans to cut $1 trillion from the budget year one. I wish he was governor of IL! I like and respect the man and wish he would remain in Congress, but come on at this point he hasn't won any primary contests and isn't even coming close. All the good doctor is doing is embarrassing himself. It's painful to watch his speeches after each 4th place finish!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3PvhYvE_w0]Ron Paul Big Dog Campaign Ad 2012.flv - YouTube[/ame]

All the good doctor is doing is embarrassing himself. It's painful to watch his speeches after each 4th place finish!

Then you really don't get what he's up to. Despite the PR, he's under no delusion that he'll win, never has been. And most of us who support him aren't either. We're trying to build momentum for real change. It's a long, long uphill battle. And mostly, for now, that involves waking people up. Getting them to recognized the fixed game that's been set up between the Republicans and Democrats. Ron Paul is about shining a light on the idiocy of the two-party nonsense we've been saddled with. Nothing's going to change until we break down that wall.

Seems to me he's making fools of all the people who keep sending him money.

All the good doctor is doing is embarrassing himself. It's painful to watch his speeches after each 4th place finish!

Then you really don't get what he's up to. Despite the PR, he's under no delusion that he'll win, never has been. And most of us who support him aren't either. We're trying to build momentum for real change. It's a long, long uphill battle. And mostly, for now, that involves waking people up. Getting them to recognized the fixed game that's been set up between the Republicans and Democrats. Ron Paul is about shining a light on the idiocy of the two-party nonsense we've been saddled with. Nothing's going to change until we break down that wall.

Ron Paul is part of the "two Party nonsense"

Seems to me he's making fools of all the people who keep sending him money.

AP: Ron Paul Tops Romney in Per-Delegate Ad Spending

The AP said Mitt Romney has seen more ad spending on his behalf than any of his GOP rivals. Romney's ad spending equates to approximately $12.70 per vote and $90,796 per delegate. Romney has collected 495 delegates so far.

Rick Santorum's ad spending per vote has been approximately $3.01 per vote and $28,955 per delegate. Santorum has won 252 delegates to date.

Newt Gingrich's ad spending has been approximately $4.78 per vote and $76,774 per delegate. His delegate total is currently 131.

Ron Paul, who has collected only 48 delegates so far, has ad spending of $6.33 per vote and $129,275 per delegate, according to the AP.

AP: Ron Paul Tops Romney in Per-Delegate Ad Spending | citydesk

Last edited:

Nothing is going to change until we abolish the electoral college and get rid of our winner-take-all system. Until that happens, we are stuck with a two-party system because everyone knows a vote for a third party is a throw-away vote. Ron Paul is to the Republicans what Ralph Nader was to the Democrats... noble in his cause but ultimately just sucked away votes from the primary candidate because they don't/didn't have a half a hope in hell of winning.

Nothing is going to change until we abolish the electoral college and get rid of our winner-take-all system. Until that happens, we are stuck with a two-party system because everyone knows a vote for a third party is a throw-away vote. Ron Paul is to the Republicans what Ralph Nader was to the Democrats... noble in his cause but ultimately just sucked away votes from the primary candidate because they don't/didn't have a half a hope in hell of winning.

The electoral college is a boogey-man, but plurality voting is definitely a problem. "Approval voting" would a go a long way toward salvaging some value from democracy. Not that I'm much of a fan of democracy in general, but ...

You know what I think Paul should do... Paul should bow out of the race and take his supporters with him, maybe run third party or something being he has such meaningless support.

Ron Paul is part of the "two Party nonsense"

You think so?

You know what I think Paul should do... Paul should bow out of the race and take his supporters with him, maybe run third party or something being he has such meaningless support.

That's my hope. I'll be very disappointed if he cuts some kind of deal to support some Republocrat stooge.

Just like Tancredo's illegal alien quest in 2008? If that's his mission, which I don't think it was, then he is destined to fail. Nobody truly gives stock to the message of the primary loser!

The electoral college is a boogey-man, but plurality voting is definitely a problem. "Approval voting" would a go a long way toward salvaging some value from democracy. Not that I'm much of a fan of democracy in general, but ...

I like instant runoff voting as well.

Because I respect the man and like what he preaches. Best ad I saw was how he plans to cut $1 trillion from the budget year one. I wish he was governor of IL! I like and respect the man and wish he would remain in Congress, but come on at this point he hasn't won any primary contests and isn't even coming close. All the good doctor is doing is embarrassing himself. It's painful to watch his speeches after each 4th place finish!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3PvhYvE_w0]Ron Paul Big Dog Campaign Ad 2012.flv - YouTube[/ame]

You claim to respect him but everything I have seen you say about him is that he should drop out. If you respect him then you should respect the fact that he is trying to make a difference. For him it isn't all about winning, it's about setting an example and changing the dialogue.

Don't listen to ghook. He went off about how he felt sorry for Paul that he hasn't won anything, and then he won the Virgin Islands popular vote and ghook made fun of him still, because the media didn't report it as a win.

Ghook is a fucking fraud. One day he loves Paul, the next day he's making fun of him.

Ah the token obligatory gonebezerk post in a Paul thread.

Your continuing desire to remind us how irrelevant Paul is, is duly noted :thup:

No, just giving Ron Paul props for a new low. :clap2:

5th place is the new 1st place....4th wasn't enough.

Ah the token obligatory gonebezerk post in a Paul thread.

Your continuing desire to remind us how irrelevant Paul is, is duly noted :thup:

Forum List

Back