Ron DeSantis’ pastor says gay people should be “put to death”

Are you sure?

Homsexual

A Person who is borderline gay but hasn't reached that point just yet; is still considering themselves bi or pan

homsexual?

homosexual?

homOsexual?

LOL!!!

Y'all aren't starting with a whole lotta credibility given your heroes...

R.2624a61290a75149f0e82bae2a59b06d

care to share where the phrase ""aggravated homsexuality" appears?

In your OP...

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Actually, the story in the OP is a load of shit. Gov. DeSantis is a Roman Catholic , and the Man of God listed is a Baptist pastor.

Can't be, and isn't, DeSantis' pastor.

A hate hoax???

LOL!!!

That's just wrong... activists trying to shove the Gay Mafia Agenda down America's throat should be sent away for gender-affirming counseling... in Tehran.

A hate hoax???

LOL!!!

I looked it up as soon as I saw the libs saying that DeSantis doesn't believe in religion at all,yet his pastor is supposedly Baptist.

The fellow is obviously a Youngstown area Italian, so he's Catholic by birth. If he is something else now, he'd have to be devout, no?, to go through the process of conversion.

Actually, the story in the OP is a load of shit. Gov. DeSantis is a Roman Catholic , and the Man of God listed is a Baptist pastor.

Can't be, and isn't, DeSantis' pastor.

Ron DeSantis was raised Catholic, but he and and his wife, Casey, rarely discuss the particularities of their religious beliefs in public.

:D:D:D

Supporters of Mr. DeSantis believe the two-term Florida governor offers an opportunity to nominate a conservative who does not carry the same baggage as his onetime ally and chief rival, former President Donald Trump.

hysterical-laughter.gif

I looked it up as soon as I saw the libs saying that DeSantis doesn't believe in religion at all,yet his pastor is supposedly Baptist.

The fellow is obviously a Youngstown area Italian, so he's Catholic by birth. If he is something else now, he'd have to be devout, no?, to go through the process of conversion.

I must admit I do not know.

Religion ID can be "difficult."

Sucking up to Karl Rove is my problem with Ron. Ron should've known better, and it is scary he didn't or doesn't care...

A homo who rapes a child, that's different. Very different....
Indeed. Just like a homo who robs a bank, or murders someone, or steals, or any other crime. The "homo" part doesn't really have anything to do with it.

It's in your link. :laughing0301:

Zero credibility if you can't be bothered to read your own link.

show me exactly where the word "homsexuality" is :laughing0301: GO AHEAD YOU DUMB KUNT! SHOW ME :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

The pastor who delivered the invocation at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis‘s (R) second inauguration has said that gay people should be put to death.

Tom Ascol — senior pastor of Grace Baptist Church in Cape Coral, Florida — made his comment on Twitter while criticizing Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX). On Monday, Cruz issued a tweet criticizing Uganda’s new “Anti-Homosexuality Act,” a law that punishes “aggravated homosexuality” with death.

Cruz’s tweet called the law “horrific & wrong,” adding, “Any law criminalizing homosexuality or imposing the death penalty for ‘aggravated homosexuality’ is grotesque & an abomination. ALL civilized nations should join together in condemning this human rights abuse.”

Ascol disagreed, writing on Tuesday, “Tell it to God, Ted.”

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

show me exactly where the word "homsexuality" is :laughing0301: GO AHEAD YOU DUMB FUCKING KUNT! SHOW ME :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

The pastor then cited Leviticus 20:13, the Old Testament verse that says, “If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.”

Ascol asked, “Was this law God gave to His old covenant people ‘horrific and wrong’?”

Leviticus’ ancient Biblical laws also require the death penalty for anyone who practices fortune telling, curses their mother or father, accidentally kills someone else’s animal, or commits blasphemy. Other Old Testament laws demand death for anyone who charges interest on loans or works on Saturdays.

Most contemporary Christians don’t follow these ancient Biblical laws and say that the crucifixion of Jesus Christ made them obsolete. However, conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.

Rev. Ascol did NOT make this statement at the DeSantis event however. And more importantly, DeSantis does not live anywhere near Ascol's church in the Tremendous city of Cape Coral, and is by no means a parishioner of Ascol as the OP suggests.

Good Lord, can you believe it? I can and I can't. So there is that. Anyone remember Jeremiah Wright?
Well you should. Obama went to Wright's church and Wright made some controversial sermons.
And guess what? The Republican's seized that opportunity to make Obama look bad.
Why in the world would anyone vote for this? If I vote (and I am not going to) I would probably chose a candidate the LIED and said they went to Church when I know they didn't.
I found this part very interesting
Conservative Christians tend to cite Leviticus 20:13 as proof that God shares their hatred of LGBTQ+ people.
I believe this. I don't believe in it, I believe the statement.

Now that you know DeSantis attends church and listens to this, has your opinion of him changed?

And YES, this is posted in the correct forum Politics "Discuss government policies and candidates..." We are discussing Ron DeSantis and the fact he listens to sermons calling for death to GAY's :smoochEE:

Interestingly, I feel the same way about Stupid People.

They should be stoned.

show me exactly where the word "homsexuality" is :laughing0301: GO AHEAD YOU DUMB FUCKING KUNT! SHOW ME :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Sodom and Gomorrah was about sexual violence and and inhospitality which is extremely important in the Middle East. It's not about homosexuality.

Forum List

Back