Romney's wealth

Short version: Romney's wealth is more of an issue because Romney's policies favor the wealthy and Romney has defined himself by how he got his wealth.

I agree that Romney's wealth has proven and will prove more of an issue than Kerry's did. I think there are two main reasons:

1) Romney's policies directly benefit the wealthy, whereas Kerry's did not. Romney broadly endorses cutting taxes on the wealthy and reducing spending on programs that directly benefit the non-wealthy. Kerry seemed to favor letting the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy expire and expanding programs that directly benefit the non-wealthy. Of course, we can argue about what the actual effects of their programs would have been or will be, but there is a widespread (and to my mind, accurate) perception that Romney's plan will directly benefit people like him. Such a perception did not exist for Kerry.

Still, Bush was a wealthy guy who favored cutting the taxes of wealthy people (and did). Why wasn't his wealth as much an issue as Romney's is?

2) Romney has defined himself by his time at Bain, which is of course directly tied to his personal wealth. More than any other major-party candidate in recent memory, Romney has de-emphasized his government service and focused on his private sector experience. While people argue about whether Bain actually served its clients well, everyone agrees on how his time at Bain affected Romney-- it made him very, very rich. When Romney talks about his time as a job creator (and, more circumspectly, as a job destroyer) it is inevitable that he reminds the listener that while he was creating jobs he was also lining his own pockets in a way that a public servant would not.
I'm just going to focus on that last line. Lining his own pockets in a way a public servant would not you are kidding right? I don't think there is anyone out there who lines their pockets more than the so called public servants.

Because you are unable to refute the rest of it.

Exactly.

LL summed it up.

I don't remember people bringing up how much money Kerry had..Just that he was a gigolo who married into his riches..

I don't understand how it would be possible for people to bring up that Kerry married into his riches without bringing up the fact that Kerry was rich. I suppose these people could have claimed erroneously that Kerry lost his riches after acquiring them through marriage. Barring that, the two seem inextricably linked.

(complicating this is the fact that a prenuptial agreement seems to have severely limited how much money Kerry actually got from his wife.)

Because Romney...

- is a Republican compared to Kerry the Democrapo
- earned it on his own with investments, while Kerry got it screwing an old hag with her ketchup money.

I have a simple question why is Mitt Romney's wealth such a big issue in this election but the wealth of John Kerry in 2004 was not?

Because Romney...

- earned it on his own with investments, while Kerry got it screwing an old hag with her ketchup money.

I have a simple question why is Mitt Romney's wealth such a big issue in this election but the wealth of John Kerry in 2004 was not?
:lol:

Married into means he couldn't get anywhere else...

Because conservatives were to busy crapping on John Kerry's honor and valor. Heroes only matter to conservatives when they agree with them.

Otherwise they make fun of America's heroes, like Kerry, Rangel, Webb, Cleland and a whole host of others..

Dumbfuck....Republicans support the military better than Democraps, so shut the fuck up.

Also, there are more Republicans in the military than Democraps.

You scum having no standards just move the goalposts every election....with Kerry being rich was no big deal but serving in the military counted. With Obamination serving in the military didn't count but being black did. Now Romney is getting attacked for not being in the military and for being rich. :cuckoo:

You are just fucking scumbags.

Because conservatives were to busy crapping on John Kerry's honor and valor. Heroes only matter to conservatives when they agree with them.

Otherwise they make fun of America's heroes, like Kerry, Rangel, Webb, Cleland and a whole host of others..

Last edited:
Because Romney...

Romney made his money investing other people's money and screwing American workers.

True story.

:thup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYLBk_0t6w&feature=related]Romney: "I am big believer in getting money where the money is. The money is in Washington." - YouTube[/ame]

You're not supposed to ask that question. You're obviously a bigot, racist, homophobic poopy pants.

We're supposed to hate the eeevil wealthy private citizen...:eusa_whistle:

No, we should judge them on the content of their character. I hate Mitt.

Romney created more jobs than Obamination.

Obamination got rich selling books talking about himself in the 3rd person. :cuckoo:

He liked to do "blow," skip class, drink booze, etc....he was just so hip. Who the hell records their lives in audiotape????

Because Romney...

Romney made his money investing other people's money and screwing American workers.

True story.

:thup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgYLBk_0t6w&feature=related]Romney: "I am big believer in getting money where the money is. The money is in Washington." - YouTube[/ame]

yeah and you lefties do nothing but honor the service of Bush, West, McCain, etc etc.
give us a break already

Let's look at the past politcians "wealth" -

Bush SR - oil business so it counts
ClintonS - rich lawyers, doesn't count
Bush JR - oil business, so it counts
algore - rich from green scams, doesn't count
Kerry - rich from marrying old hag with money, doesn't count
Edwards - rich lawyer, doesn't count
Obamination - rich lawyer/wrote books, doesn't count
Romney - rich businessman, so it counts

It shows how stupid the average Democrap supporter is to ignore or cover up the hypocrisy.

Dumbfuck....Republicans support the military better than Democraps, so shut the fuck up.

You scum having no standards just move the goalposts every election....with Kerry being rich was no big deal but serving in the military counted. With Obamination serving in the military didn't count but being black did. Now Romney is getting attacked for not being in the military and for being rich. :cuckoo:

Tell ya what..tough guy..when you get the stones to shut me up..look me up..I live in brooklyn.

Till then..I will let you know just how conservatives dishonor America's heroes.

Delegates mock Kerry with 'purple heart' bandages - CNN

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7vCGm33HAU]Kerry Grills Swift Boat Donor - YouTube[/ame]

Kicking your ass would be nothing.

When Bush Jr ran for POTUS Democraps belittled serving in the ANG, strange I don't hear that shit anymore. My friend is currently flying missions over Afghanistan in the ANG. :eusa_whistle:

So how many hours do you have in a fighter jet, asshole? Zero.

Oh, it wasn't Republicans spitting on Vietnam Vets in the 70s, it was your kind. You scum spit on Vets, but then act like you are a Vet's best friend when some idiot like Kerry runs for office. I believe that grenade he used to blow up his own ass probably left something in his head too.

Tell ya what..tough guy..when you get the stones to shut me up..look me up..I live in brooklyn.

Till then..I will let you know just how conservatives dishonor America's heroes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7vCGm33HAU]Kerry Grills Swift Boat Donor - YouTube[/ame][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Kicking your ass would be nothing.

When Bush Jr ran for POTUS Democraps belittled serving in the ANG, strange I don't hear that shit anymore. My friend is currently flying missions over Afghanistan in the ANG. :eusa_whistle:

So how many hours do you have in a fighter jet, asshole? Zero.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7vCGm33HAU"]Kerry Grills Swift Boat Donor - YouTube[/ame]

Swallow has ZERO in the Military period.

Forum List

Back