GOP and Student Loans

DontBeStupid

Look it up!
Jun 23, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
In late 2010, the GOP leadership announced they would allow taxes for everyone to go up and to cancel unemployment insurance money, unless the top 1% were able to maintain their low tax rates. There was zero talk of how to pay for these continued low rates.

In the coming weeks, interest rates on student loans will double, and the GOP not only voted in favour of letting it happen (link below) but they are adamant about finding a way to "pay for" the low rates.

"Conservatives", help me out here. The GOP economic philosophy is that the more of your money you have the better off you are and the better off the country is. They said as much when demanding low rates for the top 1%. So why not allow people with student loans to have more of their own money? What's the difference?

And also, isn't doubling the interest rate the same as a tax on those who have loans? Why then is the GOP now in favour of increased taxation?

Senate Republicans Vote To Hike Student Loan Rates They Oppose Hiking | TPMDC

The difference is that students do not have lobbyists and fund Pacs, the ones holding those student loans and profiting from the increased rates do have lobbyists and pacs.

Last edited:
In late 2010, the GOP leadership announced they would allow taxes for everyone to go up and to cancel unemployment insurance money, unless the top 1% were able to maintain their low tax rates. There was zero talk of how to pay for these continued low rates.

In the coming weeks, interest rates on student loans will double, and the GOP not only voted in favour of letting it happen (link below) but they are adamant about finding a way to "pay for" the low rates.

"Conservatives", help me out here. The GOP economic philosophy is that the more of your money you have the better off you are and the better off the country is. They said as much when demanding low rates for the top 1%. So why not allow people with student loans to have more of their own money? What's the difference?

And also, isn't doubling the interest rate the same as a tax on those who have loans? Why then is the GOP now in favour of increased taxation?

You have a gross misinterpretation of the facts of this issue.

Then please explain to us the facts of this issue.

You mean the US Treasury is writing checks to the top 1%?

There was zero talk of how to pay for these continued low rates.

don't be...well,you know:rolleyes:

The difference is that students do not have lobbyists and fund Pacs, the ones holding those student loans and profiting from the increased rates do have lobbyists and pacs.

heres a novel concept...they can NOT take the loans....woweee!!!!!

did I just blow your mind?

The Constitution of the United States makes no specification of giving out the people's money to gold-diggers, regardless of age, color, orientation, or creed.

You mean the US Treasury is writing checks to the top 1%?

Pretty much. Govt contacts and such.

LEFT: Honey, I just spent $10,000 shopping and I need you to pay up.

RIGHT: I will give you $7,000.

LEFT: You are costing me $3,000 you selfish pig!

NO way last time you tried to blow anything of mine you flubbed it all up.

You were supposed to suck not blow!
I thought you would be so good since you suck at everything else.

crass come back aside, I knew you'd be floored at the concept...

The Constitution of the United States makes no specification of giving out the people's money to gold-diggers, regardless of age, color, orientation, or creed.

So students who are paying for school themselves are gold-diggers?

Thank you for adding nothing to the conversation.

Demos love government making loans possible to po folk who can't pay it back.

Seems like deja vu all over again.

So your advice, is that students trying to finish school should just ... not. Not take out a loan. Not pay for school. Not finish.

Fantastic.

Oh, and you never answered the question. Care to try?

I am happy to help.

That money the rich have? That's THEIR money.

That money the students borrowed? That was SOMEONE ELSE'S money.

The rich people were not part of the loan transaction. Why are you dragging them into this?

Last edited:

You were supposed to suck not blow!
I thought you would be so good since you suck at everything else.

woooow you had to edit that to get in a few more shots....tsk tsk.

did you get it yet or are you still lost?

I am happy to help.

That money the student is using to payback the interest, it's THEIR money!

Care to try again?

I am happy to help.

don't be stupid....oh wait:doubt:

;)

Forum List

Back