Romney wins Iowa by 8 votes

Some thoughts.

Romney- Well, no matter where Romney placed tonight, his constituency in the MSM (until after he gets the nomination, anyway. See also John McCain) was going to declare it a victory for him. Really, though, he spent millions of dollars, had the whole of the GOP establishment behind him, had a huge organization, and he got a whole 8 votes more than a washed up ex-Senator who had the good fortune of being the last "not Romney" the base looked at. He got less of a percentage than he did in Iowa in 2008.

Santorum did well, and he's the "not Romney de jour for the moment. This just means that MSM hasn't gotten around to sliming him like they've slimed everyone else. He lacks the organization, but he might get a grassroots swell at this point. We'll see.

The media was always going to declare Romney the winner? Really?? Which is why despite the fact that he did win, they are saying he only won technically and didn't really win because Santorum has the story coming out of Iowa.

Yeah. The media is in a conspiracy to freaking pick Romney. Which is why they are saying the exactly same crap you are about him.

Oh, please, just because they are doing a narrative of the story and still have to acknowledge that winning by 8 votes after spending millions is pretty pathetic.

The MSM has been in the tank for Romney since the beginning.

Until he wins the Nomination.

Then we are going to get all those "Wow, are Mormons Crazy or What?" Stories.

I agree. What if Santorum has the same kind of dumb luck Bush had? We could end up with that idiot as president for 8 years.

As opposed to the idiot we have now?

I wish we could go back to the Bush days when we had 5% unemployment and the deficit was a mere 200 billion a year.

Of course. Let's go back and crash the economy and bail out wall street again. It was Bush's policies that brought this country to its knees. Never before has there been a tax cut, largely for the wealthy, accompanied by fighting two wars. That is how you spell disaster. Yeah, we need to relive that nightmare.

I agree. What if Santorum has the same kind of dumb luck Bush had? We could end up with that idiot as president for 8 years.

I wish we could go back to the Bush days when we had 5% unemployment and the deficit was a mere 200 billion a year.

Of course. Let's go back and crash the economy and bail out wall street again. It was Bush's policies that brought this country to its knees. Never before has there been a tax cut, largely for the wealthy, accompanied by fighting two wars. That is how you spell disaster. Yeah, we need to relive that nightmare.

You know what, I did really good during Bush. Made good money.

Yeah, things got hinky after the Democrats took congress, and business decided that the party was over.

I'm no political pundit (and I consider that fact to be among my better qualities), but it seems to me that Perry and Bachmann are about to exit, and their supporters are more likely to fall in line behind Santorum than Romney.

Santorum. Holy crap, I can't believe I just typed that name in reference to the GOP presidential nomination. Obama's the luckiest guy on the freakin' planet.

If Santorum takes Romney out, there will be a party in the WH.

Yeah, agreed. Maybe this would be good for the GOP. Have Santorum pick another hardcore rightwinger for his veep, call it the "God Says Vote For Us" ticket, something like that. Palin would be almost too good to be true. Get this stuff out of the party's system for 2016. Some in the party have clearly convinced themselves that the country will rally around a far right, my-way-or-the-highway candidate, so let 'er rip. Could be funny.

Last edited:

Barry "Cowboy/Chickenshit" Sotero, or whatever the fuck his name is, has us involved in NINE (9!!!!!) conflicts of war globally -

Need a fucking list, asswipe??

Yeah, things got hinky after the Democrats took congress, and business decided that the party was over.

Me also. Nice bonus end of the year. Home value way the hell up. I should have sold as soon as dipshit Obama was elected and the country went to shit.

8200_mitt-romney-believe-in-america-2.jpg

:clap2:

Me also. Nice bonus end of the year. Home value way the hell up. I should have sold as soon as dipshit Obama was elected and the country went to shit.

How soon you forget that the economy started its free fall under Bush. We were close to a true depression.

How soon you forget that the economy started its free fall under Bush. We were close to a true depression.

Or at the cusp of a minor adjustment, until Democrats came in and made it worse.

Thing was the correction was over by Q2 09. Things were back in growth mode by Sep 09.

2010 was actually not a bad year. Until people realized the implications of all Obama's new regulations and ObamaCare, and it tanked again in 2011.

That's why this has been a long recession. No one wants to hire if hiring is such a liability.

You know what, I did really good during Bush. Made good money. Yeah, things got hinky after the Democrats took congress, and business decided that the party was over.

They live in DENIAL, Jim.

Most of them are too ignorant to know what happened.

Possibly a few of them know, but they don't care because they think that politics is a game like football and they're "team" players.

My wish is that the team people would support is TEAM AMERICA, but that's too abstact a concept for most people to really get.

Or at the cusp of a minor adjustment, until Democrats came in and made it worse.

Thing was the correction was over by Q2 09. Things were back in growth mode by Sep 09.

2010 was actually not a bad year. Until people realized the implications of all Obama's new regulations and ObamaCare, and it tanked again in 2011.

That's why this has been a long recession. No one wants to hire if hiring is such a liability.

:lol:
Pure idiocy.

:lol:
Pure idiocy.

Time for Barry to pull up his big boy pants and take responsiblity for his own economy. I mean, seriously, the blaming Bush thing isn't going to work much longer, guy.

The only thing that saves the idiot is that the Republicans are so awful.

The implosion had been building for 60 years.
Nothing to do with the current fool that places his fanny in the White House.
He could fuck up a steel ball without trying.
Santorum is going no where. This race is over for him. The only votes he got in Iowa were the anti Romney votes, not sure about Romney votes, maybe Romney votes and hard core evangelical votes.
He may have 10% in the next 3 and is gone. I still call it a Romney Gingrich race.
Iowa means little if anything except it gives Romney speed.

Romney won the headlines today but the race was a three way tie in reality. The press deals in sensationalism not reality.

The delegate breakdown is as follows:
Romney, Sanatorium, Paul get 6, Gingrich 4, Perry 3. This could change change later as the process continues.

It takes 1144 delegates for nomination. If Romney continues to only get 25% of the delegates or even 40% he will not get a first ballot election as the nominee and the convention will become open to anyone to become the nominee. I think there may be some behind the scene mechanization's going on that could deliver that scenario.

SHIIIIIT!!!!!!

During Clinton's presidency my 401k was making more money than I was and during that 8 years my home tripled in value, AND we had a balanced federal budget.

Then Bush came in, gave out MASSIVE tax cuts and invaded Iraq FOR NO GOOD REASON. And then the economy went to HELL.

You guys can only wish Bush was even half as effective as Clinton.

Really lukewarm contest last night. Only 122K voters last night and 75% of them don't like Romney.

Forum List

Back