Romney to cut 280,000 Jobs. Just ask him.

Yeah dumbfuck, that's the plan.

Slim down the Federal govt by trimming the fat. Obamination has bloated the Federal payroll in addition to the debt, so cutting the inflated payroll will help reduce the debt.....what a concept.

First, get rid of those additional 10,000 IRS agents Obamination created with Obamacare.....

The Governor pledges to cut 10% of Federal Government Jobs. From his website:

Reduce The Federal Workforce By 10 Percent Via Attrition — Savings: $4 Billion. Despite widespread layoffs in the private sector, President Obama has continued to grow the federal payrolls. The federal workforce can be reduced by 10 percent through a “1-for-2” system of attrition, thereby reducing the number of federal employees while allowing the introduction of new talent into the federal service.

Free Republic's website place the figure at 2.8 million employees. So 10 percent will be 280,000 employees getting a pink slip with Romney being elected. Bain's business model inflicted on the US is a bad proposition.

The savings is $4B or something close to what, less than .5% of the federal debt?

The TSA can be purged too; that should be re-privatized in my view. We're no safer with TSA employees patting me down at the airport than we were with a guy from Huntleigh who used to do the same job he is now doing on Uncle Sam's dime.

Reduce The Federal Workforce By 10 Percent Via Attrition — Savings: $4 Billion. Despite widespread layoffs in the private sector, President Obama has continued to grow the federal payrolls. The federal workforce can be reduced by 10 percent through a “1-for-2” system of attrition, thereby reducing the number of federal employees while allowing the introduction of new talent into the federal service.

Free Republic's website place the figure at 2.8 million employees. So 10 percent will be 280,000 employees getting a pink slip with Romney being elected. Bain's business model inflicted on the US is a bad proposition.

The savings is $4B or something close to what, less than .5% of the federal debt?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: That will secure my vote, if true........

Liberals - what exacly does the government produce ?

Just a couple of examples...

Thanks.

Your job.

Your pension.

Your health benefits.

Need more?

Its amazing what some people call a "government employee" when it suits them. I sincerely hope that all republicans are not as dishonest as the ones who frequent this forum.

Its directly from his website. And you'll still be paying them in the form of unemployment but just not getting services in return. Happy voting.

Its directly from his website. And you'll still be paying them in the form of unemployment but just not getting services in return. Happy voting.

Or they can go out and get, GASP!!, another job.

So??

If the DEMAND is there, there would be private companies to take over whatever the service or product is... if not, it was incredibly unnecessary to begin with.. and cutting those jobs and associated services was long overdue

Yeah, the levees that saved New Orleans this time around would have not been built because it wasn't a money making proposition for Coke or Pepsi to build them. Or that highway between Shreveport and Lafayette that would take people away from the Hurricane--where was Microsoft or Apple when that needed to be built?

Where was the state and local government who are actually charged to do those things, where the FED is not??

Again.. you CONTINUALLY confuse levels of government and what is actually in the constitution

Fine; the State would then fund it; the point is that it is still tax monies and simply saying that, "Oh the private sector will build it" is rife with the stench of the shit-for-brains people who think that.

You do realize that those who aren't government employees are the ones who pay the salaries of government employees don't you?

So anything that cuts the expense of government is a good thing for those of us who foot the bill.

Who pays my salary isn't relevant. You must realize that when 911 is called the government in the form of first providers will respond and risk life or limb to aid the person in jeopardy; no one will ask if the person in trouble is a citizen or employed.

You might, if you thought about it, realize those government employees also pay income, sales, real estate and other taxes too, as well as the same fees for service - garbage, water, schools, special districts, etc. as do private sector employees.

You do realize that government employees 'buy' the service and products of those in the private sector too, don't you? So, in fact, when I buy my lunch I'm paying the salary of the shopkeeper and his/her employees. They profit from my business.

The essence of your comment can be reduced to Us v. Them; why do you disrespect Americans who have chosen to work in he public sector?

Envy? Civil Service has standards; to be a police officer or deputy sheriff you will need to pass a basic written test; pass the physical examination and be able to meet MQ's as to strength and speed; pass a written and two psychological interview exams, and place high on at least three separate interviews, one panel of three from outside agencies (usually one women, one man and one person of color representing the community served), another by in house management and supervisory staff and a final one by division managers seeking to hire for placement under their direct control.

Then, a conditional offer of employment will be given to the candidate and a full and complete background investigation is conducted. Once this is completed the probationary officer will be assigned to a training officer who will spent the next 12 months training and evaluating the actions of the probationary employee. During this period the new employee can be let go if it is determined he or she is unfit for the job.

What standards do you have to meet to get the private sector job you have?

A masters degree in engineering, and a NYS PE license.

My issue isnt with the hiring of Civil servants, its the fact that once hired it is almost impossible to get rid of them, even if thier jobs become redundant, or they stop performing up to the level expected of them.

I too have a Master's Degree and was a manager in law enforcement , for a while I was assigned to personnel which included all of which I listed above plus discipline, including recommending to the hiring authority termination. Civil service terminations are difficult, and more so in the LE Careers - for good reason, but hardly impossible.
In the first year during probation I could simply ask for badge and ID and tell employee only this, "a law enforcement career is not for everyone"; to say more created huge problems and space here limits further detail. No cause was ever provided when terminating probationary deputies beyond that phrase.

An internal affairs investigation takes time and costs money. It is much more economical to discipline and train officers than to fire them. When they bring discredit to the agency or are a risk to pubic safety they are put on paid leave until fired. Hence, the cost and time involved in the hiring process is necessary and usually sufficient; the vast majority of are employees do a great job under stressful circumstances and are fine citizens.

In California, post prop 13, few local government jobs become redundant. Today, highly educated and highly paid professionals spent time doing what were at one time clerical functions. Police officers/deputy sheriffs/probation and parole agents and even prosecuting attorneys spend time filing, copying and searching for documents once a duty of the least senior clerical staff.

Who pays my salary isn't relevant. You must realize that when 911 is called the government in the form of first providers will respond and risk life or limb to aid the person in jeopardy; no one will ask if the person in trouble is a citizen or employed.

You might, if you thought about it, realize those government employees also pay income, sales, real estate and other taxes too, as well as the same fees for service - garbage, water, schools, special districts, etc. as do private sector employees.

You do realize that government employees 'buy' the service and products of those in the private sector too, don't you? So, in fact, when I buy my lunch I'm paying the salary of the shopkeeper and his/her employees. They profit from my business.

The essence of your comment can be reduced to Us v. Them; why do you disrespect Americans who have chosen to work in he public sector?

Envy? Civil Service has standards; to be a police officer or deputy sheriff you will need to pass a basic written test; pass the physical examination and be able to meet MQ's as to strength and speed; pass a written and two psychological interview exams, and place high on at least three separate interviews, one panel of three from outside agencies (usually one women, one man and one person of color representing the community served), another by in house management and supervisory staff and a final one by division managers seeking to hire for placement under their direct control.

Then, a conditional offer of employment will be given to the candidate and a full and complete background investigation is conducted. Once this is completed the probationary officer will be assigned to a training officer who will spent the next 12 months training and evaluating the actions of the probationary employee. During this period the new employee can be let go if it is determined he or she is unfit for the job.

What standards do you have to meet to get the private sector job you have?

A masters degree in engineering, and a NYS PE license.

My issue isnt with the hiring of Civil servants, its the fact that once hired it is almost impossible to get rid of them, even if thier jobs become redundant, or they stop performing up to the level expected of them.

I too have a Master's Degree and was a manager in law enforcement , for a while I was assigned to personnel which included all of which I listed above plus discipline, including recommending to the hiring authority termination. Civil service terminations are difficult, and more so in the LE Careers - for good reason, but hardly impossible.
In the first year during probation I could simply ask for badge and ID and tell employee only this, "a law enforcement career is not for everyone"; to say more created huge problems and space here limits further detail. No cause was ever provided when terminating probationary deputies beyond that phrase.

An internal affairs investigation takes time and costs money. It is much more economical to discipline and train officers than to fire them. When they bring discredit to the agency or are a risk to pubic safety they are put on paid leave until fired. Hence, the cost and time involved in the hiring process is necessary and usually sufficient; the vast majority of are employees do a great job under stressful circumstances and are fine citizens.

In California, post prop 13, few local government jobs become redundant. Today, highly educated and highly paid professionals spent time doing what were at one time clerical functions. Police officers/deputy sheriffs/probation and parole agents and even prosecuting attorneys spend time filing, copying and searching for documents once a duty of the least senior clerical staff.

I've always wondered about a city's homicide division. If you have enough homicides to have an entire division, isn't that a failure right out of the box? I mean, I'm sure there is a need for it and I'm not saying there shouldn't be cops assigned to homicide etc... But one would have to wonder what was going through the mayor's mind when they became the first city to have full-time cops to investigate the murders that the rest of the police force couldn't prevent.

Just rambling on I guess.

Let me ask you another question though. I always hear about someone getting busted for soliciting a hit-man (or hit-woman) to kill their spouse. Is there some sort of secret compact cops have with guys who they know are assassins but are so good at it that they don't get caught/prosecuted? I mean, you don't hear about informants as often in any other crime it seems.

That part is true. With 8.2% unemployment, adding 280K more to that number isn't like to help their job prospects; ya think? That would cause for another GASP if you would.

Yeah dumbfuck, that's the plan.

Slim down the Federal govt by trimming the fat. Obamination has bloated the Federal payroll in addition to the debt, so cutting the inflated payroll will help reduce the debt.....what a concept.

First, get rid of those additional 10,000 IRS agents Obamination created with Obamacare.....

$4B on a $16T debt. That is progress.

Hey, every little bit helps. LOL

I wonder about the Governor's math. Getting rid of 10% of the federal workforce is about 280,000 workers according to Free Republic. That comes out to about $14,285.72 per employee who will be purged from the books and put onto unemployment. I don't know many Federal Workers who make $14,285 per year. I would think the savings would be much larger than $4B.

However lets double it to $8B...still a drop in the bucket for the Governor who iis supposedly a good CEO.

So he laying off through attrition at a 1-2 ratio, that is a balanced approach. It is better than laying them off out right, it won't put people on the unemployment roles. A lot of waste in government and it needs to be curtailed.

This will be a slow process but it will help.

The is good debt, bad debt, good jobs and bad jobs. Excess government jobs are bad jobs, private industry are good jobs. pure economics.

Government is a drag on the economy.......Federal employees pay no federal tax. But we use magical accounting to show they do...

Yet where does that money for their taxes come from....

I dont think you are sharp enough for this conversation...

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

That part is true. With 8.2% unemployment, adding 280K more to that number isn't like to help their job prospects; ya think? That would cause for another GASP if you would.

You are being dishonest if you keep implying that 280,000 are being laid off immediately. It is going to be a slow process by going through attrition at 1-2 ratio.
Could take a few years.

So 10 percent will be 280,000 employees getting a pink slip with Romney being elected. Bain's business model inflicted on the US is a bad proposition

Two things. #1, it's not nearly enough, but it's a starting point, and #2 you know nothing about economics.

Federal employees don't create any economic value. The idea that taking money out of the economy and giving someone a job to not produce anything creating economic value is ridiculous. Or Democrat. Take your pick. But there is zero economic theory by anyone that would support your point.

you'll still be paying them in the form of unemployment but just not getting services in return

Talk about win-win!

And you're thinking Federal employees are so low skill they can't find a job with anyone else? That could be true...

$4B on a $16T debt. That is progress.

Hey, every little bit helps. LOL

I wonder about the Governor's math. Getting rid of 10% of the federal workforce is about 280,000 workers according to Free Republic. That comes out to about $14,285.72 per employee who will be purged from the books and put onto unemployment. I don't know many Federal Workers who make $14,285 per year. I would think the savings would be much larger than $4B.

However lets double it to $8B...still a drop in the bucket for the Governor who iis supposedly a good CEO.

So he laying off through attrition at a 1-2 ratio, that is a balanced approach. It is better than laying them off out right, it won't put people on the unemployment roles. A lot of waste in government and it needs to be curtailed.

This will be a slow process but it will help.

The is good debt, bad debt, good jobs and bad jobs. Excess government jobs are bad jobs, private industry are good jobs. pure economics.

Yeah, I for one, think that TSA should be entirely privatized. You and I are no safer from airborne threats than we were on 9/10/01. You know how I know? When I purchase some things they fly them in from the manufacturer. Sometimes its overseas but sometimes it's in Tennessee or Georgia. We're talking exam tables, X-Ray Machines, trash bags, whatever. Often times we're opening crates that were sent via air-freight and there are never and I mean NEVER "reseal" notifications indicating the TSA went through that crate to see what was in it as there are from time to time with sealed trailers that come in from the same manufacturers in TN and GA. The DOT will re-seal the truck from time to time you see. TSA...never. And I'm talking about literally thousands of crates of air freight in the 10 years of this miserable agency's existence.

If he would be specific about saying "privatize the TSA", that would be great. "No more mail on Saturday?" I'm with him there.

But just coming up with 10% or 280,000 jobs is frankly stupid; especially when you have an economy just starting to recover from recession.

I also think that the $4B savings the Governor reports sounds low to me.

So 10 percent will be 280,000 employees getting a pink slip with Romney being elected. Bain's business model inflicted on the US is a bad proposition

Two things. #1, it's not nearly enough, but it's a starting point, and #2 you know nothing about economics.

Federal employees don't create any economic value. The idea that taking money out of the economy and giving someone a job to not produce anything creating economic value is ridiculous. Or Democrat. Take your pick. But there is zero economic theory by anyone that would support your point.

We had a border patrol agent in one of our hospitals the other day. We made some coin off of him. Shut the fuck up.

You are being dishonest if you keep implying that 280,000 are being laid off immediately. It is going to be a slow process by going through attrition at 1-2 ratio.
Could take a few years.

Economically there is no difference between a Federal worker and someone on unemployment. Only economic productivity expands the economy and creates jobs. Paying someone to shuffle paper or sit on their butt drinking beer and watching TV are the same.

Actually since the paper is frequently bureaucracy, sitting on their can could actually be more productive. As a business owner, my experience strongly suggests that people who sit on their butt's waste less of my time and money than government bureaucrats do.

You're not a government employee.

You do realize that those who aren't government employees are the ones who pay the salaries of government employees don't you?

So anything that cuts the expense of government is a good thing for those of us who foot the bill.

Of course. What does that have to do with what I said to Warrior?

Cutting government is good for the rest of us who foot the bill and only bad for government hacks.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Could take a few years.

Could take a few years is right. Adding any more persons to the unemployment numbers wilingly is frankly stupid at this point.

Forum List

Back