Vivek is brilliant, but his plan to cut 75 percent of Federal workers is way too much too soon.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
I'm a Vivek fan and would definitely vote for him were he the candidate in 2024. But I don't understand why he would float a 75 percent cut in the Federal workforce. I've always maintained the Federal govt needs to be reduced except for a few key areas like border patrol, ICE, military etc. The cuts imo should be conducted like private sector layoffs 5 to 10 percent on an agency by agency basis except for the 17 intelligence agencies which should be immediately unmasked, gutted and reorganized. Does anyone even know what all these agencies do?

I just think such a massive firing of workers would not be supported by the majority of the country, it puts too many people out of work all at once.

I like VR also, but many of his proposals will simply not happen even if he is elected president.

He would probably be sued to oblivion. And lose.
Even though there is no federal authority for most of this shit, they wouldnt care. They would need to show reasons why they should be disbanded. The Constitution isnt reason enough for activist bench sitters.

I'm a Vivek fan and would definitely vote for him were he the candidate in 2024. But I don't understand why he would float a 75 percent cut in the Federal workforce. I've always maintained the Federal govt needs to be reduced except for a few key areas like border patrol, ICE, military etc. The cuts imo should be conducted like private sector layoffs 5 to 10 percent on an agency by agency basis except for the 17 intelligence agencies which should be immediately unmasked, gutted and reorganized. Does anyone even know what all these agencies do?

I just think such a massive firing of workers would not be supported by the majority of the country, it puts too many people out of work all at once.

It may be way too much but it's actually way too late. The top heavy Fed should have been pruned a very long time ago.

So you disagree with his plan. You understand why it would be completely unworkable but you still think he is brilliant?

He's in the position of being an anti-Trump, but that only works until there's no Trump in the running.

Just another DeSantis with a new approach that's DeSantis with a different schtick.

75% cut is a stupic idea, showing how little he knows about running the US Government, or politics either. He needs to go back to his boardroom. As politics at the presidential or any national level, he is not ready for prime time.

Doesn't matter if his plans are rational. In fact, a few unrational plans sprinkled in will help him. All he has to do is promise what ever the crazies might think is a good idea. They are crazy, of course they will support someone as crazy as they are.

I like Vivek too but think he is way too young, too inexperienced, and far too naive to be ready to be President. Even somebody as seasoned, experienced, and knowledgeable as Donald Trump was foiled at times by naivete especially in the depth and scope of the deep state and in people he could trust. I think Vivek would be crushed early on because of what he doesn't know.

And that doesn't even take into account him buying into conspiracy theories that will put off a lot of Americans, stating an intention to phase out aid to Israel--that one won't fly--and his opposition can make hay with a lot of his flip flops in positions and/or controversial positions on various policies. And there is at least the illusion of ties to George Soros.

I will be surprised if he wins a single primary election.

He would probably be sued to oblivion. And lose.
Even though there is no federal authority for most of this shit, they wouldnt care. They would need to show reasons why they should be disbanded. The Constitution isnt reason enough for activist bench sitters.
It makes no difference.....It takes two years for anything to come before SCOTUS and that's within the time a new POTUS has to get anything real done till the midterms. The mob is fickle.

Injunctions can be overturned or ignored like the dems do all the time so that's not a problem. The executive branch has control over all federal agencies.

Once the departments (like education) are gone and/or a reduction of force sizes the rest down it will be too late, they are off the .gov payroll.

Most of the 75 percent of the government is NON ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL. They get let go every government shutdown, but then when that shitplace opens again, they go back to work, and get back pay for doing nothing. So i agree with Vivik, do it twice, in two years, and soon the government would be running a surplus that would pay down the national debt.

75% cut is a stupic idea, showing how little he knows about running the US Government, or politics either. He needs to go back to his boardroom. As politics at the presidential or any national level, he is not ready for prime time.
Oh blow it out your ear, Vivid is a billion dollar business owner and knows how to cut FAT out of the Pork in government.

Oh blow it out your ear, Vivid is a billion dollar business owner and knows how to cut FAT out of the Pork in government.
Fine. You support him. I don't care. I am saying, I won't support him and for reasons of policy, experience, his support of Trump, and willingness to pardon the J6 attackers, and Trump. He is a non-starter with me.

...........NEXT!

1695674765294.png

Put this under the category of "I will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it". or "I will repeal Obamacare" etc etc.

And, why not? You retards are never going to hold them responsible for their words.

Fine. You support him. I don't care. I am saying, I won't support him and for reasons of policy, experience, his support of Trump, and willingness to pardon the J6 attackers, and Trump. He is a non-starter with me.

...........NEXT!

View attachment 834116
So you have no problem with Kamel Toe Harris funding the pardons of the Rioters of George Floyd but the set up of Jan 6th, many of whom werent even there, still cant get a fair trial. Cant wait till President Trump gets in, the precedence has been set that you can accuse anyone of anything, and then bankrupt them without even getting a trial. You better start moving to Cuba, for it isnt going to go well for Joe Biteme voters.

Most of the 75 percent of the government is NON ESSENTIAL PERSONNEL. They get let go every government shutdown, but then when that shitplace opens again, they go back to work, and get back pay for doing nothing. So i agree with Vivik, do it twice, in two years, and soon the government would be running a surplus that would pay down the national debt.
There is no doubt the Federal government is massively overstaffed since they have been allowed to expand without any pushback for 100 hundred years. I'm just saying that plan will not be palatable to the majority of Americans imo. Not to mention the problems associated with a massive wave of a of million new unemployed citizens to deal with.

There is no doubt the US government is grossly overstaffed. But even in Vivek is right, that we could run the government with one quarter of the people, that is just too much too soon imo.

Forum List

Back